Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Who will we sign Summer 23

Read 4787 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Who will we sign Summer 23
      Aug 06, 2023 11:31:13 pm
      Just a lightheated thread become a bit toxic.  I actually think we will sign two players so who do you think they will be  . I will start Lavia and Gravenberch (possibly loan)
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Re: Who will we sign Summer 23
      Reply #1: Aug 06, 2023 11:52:56 pm
      Just a lightheated thread become a bit toxic.  I actually think we will sign two players so who do you think they will be  . I will start Lavia and Gravenberch (possibly loan)
      How long before these boys in here callingneach other cu*ts?

Anyways, I second your picks. I'd be happy with both
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #2: Aug 07, 2023 12:01:31 am
      I feel like my brain has been assaulted with endless f bombs and c bombs. A lot of people lost the plot today. Hopefully the club hasn't.
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #3: Aug 07, 2023 01:38:46 am
      I believe we'll sign no one. Not saying this for a debate but stating my opinion. Please no one argue with me it's just my opinion on the topic of the thread
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4: Aug 07, 2023 02:32:10 am
      I say no more incomings.  >:(

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,960 posts | 3418 
      Reply #5: Aug 07, 2023 06:28:02 am
      Lavia and Andre
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,231 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6: Aug 07, 2023 06:34:23 am
      We need a DM along with a CB but don’t think we will get anyone, another frustrating window
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Aug 07, 2023 08:41:29 am
      1 minimum, probably 2.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,373 posts | 2821 
      Reply #8: Aug 07, 2023 09:19:18 am
      Just Lavia I think.

Also think there will be a surprise exit for someone to Saudi before their window is shut (not sure why else Klopp mentioned it in his presser the other week).
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,328 posts | 6381 
      Reply #9: Aug 07, 2023 03:25:07 pm
      I had hoped for Lavia and then a center back.

At this point, I think we are going to hear a line we've heard in the past. Something along the lines of "too expensive" or "not the right deal" and we won't sign Lavia. If it's true what was reported that we moved away from Thuram because of his transfer fee and wage demand, I don't see how we will pay what's required for Lavia. We aren't going to sign Andre either, if we do, it will be a sign and loan till January (which doesn't really help a whole lot now).

I am hopeful there's a CB out there we are going to buy and we've not heard anything about it...maybe it will be one of the old school transfers where we hear about it and 15 minutes later it's done.

All this said....I think we've got what we've got and this is who will start and end the season. I also think we were blessed that Mac and Dom had release clauses, because I don't think we'd have paid their truth "value" had there not been release clauses.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #10: Aug 07, 2023 04:52:19 pm
      Cant see a CB coming in TBH. Looks like the staff seem to have alot of faith in the youngster Jarell Quansah. I can see Lavia coming in but that will be it I think.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #11: Aug 07, 2023 05:29:16 pm
      Cant see a CB coming in TBH. Looks like the staff seem to have alot of faith in the youngster Jarell Quansah. I can see Lavia coming in but that will be it I think.
      How unfortunate if true, I don't have faith in the season if this is the case because, Matip used to be top class and he has become dodgy, plus when he was top class he got injured loads, Joe Gomez got injured loads too and he doesn't have this mysterious pace thing I've heard so much about, plus he's going to be the right back while Trent is in midfield, that leaves VVD and Konate as the two boss ones, like that's already shy of 2 cb's rotation and what if one of them two get injured, nah, I'm not into this worry, players need to be brought in, there is no two ways about it, are we existing to win things or not any more? We don't even have a Fabinho here to slip into CB which I think should have happened more than we ever saw it.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #12: Aug 07, 2023 06:05:50 pm
      How unfortunate if true, I don't have faith in the season if this is the case because, Matip used to be top class and he has become dodgy, plus when he was top class he got injured loads, Joe Gomez got injured loads too and he doesn't have this mysterious pace thing I've heard so much about, plus he's going to be the right back while Trent is in midfield, that leaves VVD and Konate as the two boss ones, like that's already shy of 2 cb's rotation and what if one of them two get injured, nah, I'm not into this worry, players need to be brought in, there is no two ways about it, are we existing to win things or not any more? We don't even have a Fabinho here to slip into CB which I think should have happened more than we ever saw it.

The only CB,s we,ve been linked with was Goncalo Inacio and Per Schuurs but nothing has come of it.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 528 
      Reply #13: Aug 07, 2023 09:08:45 pm
      We will definitely sign at least 1 CM. It would be ridiculous to go into the season this short, just don't think Jürgen would stand for it.

If it's only 1 CM, I think it could be some seasoned all-rounder rather than Lavia. Switching to Ward-Prowse (cheaper too FSG!) or someone in that mould, would not surprise me. A proven pro who can cover a couple of positions, a Henderson/Milner replacement.

As for a CB, we could make a sneaky bid for Laporte.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,253 posts | 4932 
      Reply #14: Aug 07, 2023 09:23:52 pm
      I think after Lavia we'll be done unless a CB is available that we want and can secure.

If not Quansah will get some game time.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #15: Aug 07, 2023 09:25:42 pm
      I think after Lavia we'll be done unless a CB is available that we want and can secure.

Surprised Philipps is still here? would have expected him to ask for a move to get his career going.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,328 posts | 6381 
      Reply #16: Aug 07, 2023 09:40:53 pm
      Surprised Philipps is still here? would have expected him to ask for a move to get his career going.

Leeds supposedly want him, but not heard anything about an actual bid yet.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #17: Aug 07, 2023 09:52:38 pm
      I think we will definitely sign a DM (more than likely Lavia) but beyond that I don't really expect any incomings unless it's a cheapish punt on a younger/promising player. There's a reason we are haggling so much with Southampton.

It seems to me we have hardly been linked with any centre backs despite some tenuous links earlier in the window. Some good defenders have moved to other clubs around us and we don't seem to have been seriously involved at any point (notably Gvardiol, Timber, Van de Ven).

Add to that there has been very little to link Nat with a move away, nothing about Matip leaving this summer (Saudi's, hello?) and of course the others simply aren't leaving.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18: Aug 07, 2023 11:57:03 pm

Looks like he’s off to Leeds
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #19: Aug 08, 2023 01:04:19 am

You still think we will get him after the latest Rejected offer?

I think it's done and dusted and he ain't coming to us.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #20: Aug 08, 2023 10:13:59 am
      You still think we will get him after the latest Rejected offer?

I think it's done and dusted and he ain't coming to us.

I think he’ll probably be the last one in the door
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,231 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #21: Aug 08, 2023 10:17:28 am
      F**k FSG and we will see where we finish this year, another season of underachievement due to underinvestment
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #22: Aug 08, 2023 11:25:52 am
      F**k FSG and we will see where we finish this year, another season of underachievement due to underinvestment

You clearly think that FSG make the decisions on player purchase when their knowledge of football is so limited.
      For me it’ll be the club transfer gang who decide whether a player is worth the current clubs asking price.
      Don’t think FSG get involved in the transfer negotiations at all. Sure they just stump up the cash for the final negotiated fee.
      They get bashed for trading in the bargain basement, yet the players we are linked to were in that basement only 1 or 2 seasons ago. If we had gone shopping for them then, they’d have been slated, people now saying we ain’t prepared to spend enough on them.
      Damned if they do, damned if they don’t 🤷‍♂️

Quick Reply