Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool - In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12602 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,066 posts | 548 
      Re: FULL TIME: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool
      Reply #414: Aug 13, 2023 06:47:54 pm
      The subs helped us look a bit more solid. We'd run out of energy early in the second half.

I didn't think we were wide open through the middle though. It was more in the wide areas we were vulnerable. Robbo was shaky, but didnt get enough help from Diaz. Trent was Trent, although wasnt his worst defensively by any means. Thought VVD and Konate both had decent games actually, despite Carragher's idea that we dont have any "proper defenders". Ali was excellent. My MOTM.

Mo, Gakpo n Diaz were all excellent goin forward in the first half, although Diaz needs to help Robbo more. All ran out of steam in 2nd half. Jota struggled a bit whole game.

New boys - Mac was good I thought, nice passing and composure, although he should have given Darwin a better pass for that late chance. Dom started brilliant but faded.

Subs all did pretty well. Harvey gave us energy. Darwin was a threat if our final pass was better.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,230 posts | 4421 
      Re: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool - In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #415: Aug 13, 2023 06:48:07 pm
      On the plus side Mac and Dom you can see are going to be immense once we get a proper DM.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8684 
      Reply #416: Aug 13, 2023 06:49:11 pm
      Because our performance against Chelsea was sh*t, they dominated us and could've scored. Just admit we played like sh*t, its not that hard man

And yet still could of won it at the end with Nunez's chance, just admit you wanted Chelsea to win so you revel in negativity.

One sad existence you must lead

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #417: Aug 13, 2023 06:49:14 pm
      On the plus side Mac and Dom you can see are going to be immense once we get a proper DM.

Some of the through balls they see is incredible, once they start getting through they could be amazing, but like you said, only once we have a DM to unlock them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8684 
      Reply #418: Aug 13, 2023 06:50:07 pm

Proper impressed by both today, I imagine Macallister will be knackered the amount of space he covered today.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,258 posts | 3500 
      Reply #419: Aug 13, 2023 06:50:12 pm
      You're a 51 year old adult man who purposely looks for drama on a forum day and night... you never take a break from it, it's either looking for attention or just plain sad...

🥱
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,259 posts | 1118 
      Reply #420: Aug 13, 2023 06:50:34 pm
      Thought Robertson was really good second half
      night and day.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,259 posts | 1118 
      Reply #421: Aug 13, 2023 06:50:56 pm
      This
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,258 posts | 3500 
      Reply #422: Aug 13, 2023 06:51:02 pm
      Proper impressed by both today, I imagine Macallister will be knackered the amount of space he covered today.

Just needs to have that protective body in there to help them

Wonder if Elliot can get in there as well
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #423: Aug 13, 2023 06:51:09 pm

Yeah pretty much all I expected from you to be honest when hit with the truth.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,258 posts | 3500 
      Reply #424: Aug 13, 2023 06:51:56 pm
      Yeah pretty much all I expected from you to be honest when hit with the truth.

It’s not the truth it’s boring as F**k just like all the negativity at the moment
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #425: Aug 13, 2023 06:53:14 pm
      It’s not the truth it’s boring as F**k just like all the negativity at the moment
      Don't think you're in a position to comment on 'boring as F**k' when you repeat the same attention seeking drama fuelled sh*t 24 hours a day.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,258 posts | 3500 
      Reply #426: Aug 13, 2023 06:53:44 pm
      Don't think you're in a position to comment on 'boring as F**k' when you repeat the same attention seeking drama fuelled sh*t 24 hours a day.

Still droning on
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,230 posts | 4421 
      Reply #427: Aug 13, 2023 06:54:02 pm
      You can see the issues with having Trent drift into midfield they just shifted the ball out wide to Chilwell or James who had acres of space.

We have the legs in midfield now so just go back to the tried and trusted 433.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 167 
      Reply #428: Aug 13, 2023 06:54:26 pm

True.

Gakpo cannot play with them in midfield. The commentator said he lost 8 balls and was involved only 29 times with it!

I understand Salah's frustration. He was not given proper support.

Diaz, for me, is not impactful enough. He is jogging most of the time, no urgency, he does not dribble 1V1 like he can. Jota needs service, and today there was none. Jota, is not a player who will score by running behind defenders after a through ball. I don't blame him.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #429: Aug 13, 2023 06:54:39 pm
      And yet still could of won it at the end with Nunez's chance, just admit you wanted Chelsea to win so you revel in negativity.

One sad existence you must lead

Why would I want F***ing Chelsea to win ;D ? We played so bad, and if we don't make new signings it's going to be legendary against Newcastle.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #430: Aug 13, 2023 06:55:38 pm

Dude, there’s a common denominator in almost all of the forum slap fights and thread derailments…..and if you can’t see it, it’s that you insert yourself to police everyone’s responses. Maybe take a step back and take a hard honest look at what your intentions are for posting. FFS if you get upset about what trolls are posting, don’t feed them….just ignore and move on. It takes two people to maintain a bi*ch fest. Do the forum a solid and just refuse to take part in the petty back and forth. Some friendly advice, be the bigger person.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #431: Aug 13, 2023 06:56:19 pm
      Yeah I am I guess, I'll be logging off soon though, unfortunately I guess you'll still be on for eternity attempting to fill that hole that's missing in your life...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,258 posts | 3500 
      Reply #432: Aug 13, 2023 06:56:38 pm
      Yeah I am I guess, I'll be logging off soon though, unfortunately I guess you'll still be on for eternity attempting to fill that hole that's missing in your life...

My life is fine cheers 🥂
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,436 posts | 1441 
      Reply #433: Aug 13, 2023 06:57:18 pm
      How the hell  wasn't that a penalty. He patted the ball away. WTF has his hand being close to his chest got to do with it.. VAR screw up yet again. Taylor was his usual self.

Apart from that it will take time and TBF Chelsea moved the ball really well. Hard away game first up. Macca did well enough first go. Got to maintain a high standard from start to finish and if it does go off we have to work harder, much harder during those periods when teams click. We let them play and it was clear they were a yard quicker for 50-60 minutes. Take the point, move on.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,066 posts | 548 
      Re: Live: Chelsea V Liverpool
      Reply #434: Aug 13, 2023 06:58:09 pm
      Possibly mate yeah. Gutting goal to concede really.

Actually, watching it again, Konate is probably too deep to have any chance of playing the scorer offside so Virgil probably shouldn't have stepped up.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,354 posts | 4969 
      Reply #435: Aug 13, 2023 06:58:38 pm
      Robertson again poor and a combination of his own gradual decline and playing a role that simply doesn't suit him.

A LCB or LB who can play CB is almost as vital to this system as a DM.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8684 
      Reply #436: Aug 13, 2023 06:59:40 pm
      Why would I want F***ing Chelsea to win ;D ? We played so bad, and if we don't make new signings it's going to be legendary against Newcastle.

We have Bournemouth first, or that not a glamorous enough game for you?

Quick Reply