Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool - In game and Post Match discussion

Read 11197 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Re: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool - In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Aug 13, 2023 10:19:02 pm
      Genuinely confused as to why the media narrative is that Chelsea are happy with the result, and Liverpool should be upset by the result.

Chelsea spend a lot of money on that team. Should they not be winning at home?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #484: Aug 13, 2023 10:21:52 pm
      Genuinely confused as to why the media narrative is that Chelsea are happy with the result, and Liverpool should be upset by the result.

Chelsea spend a lot of money on that team. Should they not be winning at home?

Not being funny but who the F**k are some of these players Chelsea have bought? I like to think I know my football but what a weird bunch of misfits they've got considering what they've spent.

Like why the F**k have they got another new goalkeeper for the 4th season running.

I dont actually know how you could be arsed supporting that club any more because every season 8 new players come in to the point you'd have no ability to build any affinity to any of them.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2023 10:29:08 pm by __Tickle__ »
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #485: Aug 13, 2023 10:26:31 pm
      Not being funny but who the F**k are some of these players Chelsea have bought? I like to think I know my football but what a weird bunch of misfits they've got considering what they've spent.

LMAO no you are right. They bought a bunch of kids at a high price to extremely long contracts. Very risky strategy.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #486: Aug 13, 2023 10:42:09 pm
      The balance was not quite right today Gakpo and Szob were by passed. Macca did well enough but when they got back level we didn't up our energy levels. Just didn't match them. When home team equalisers it galvanisers the team. You have to match that and try to regain control. We did not do that and we didn't get back into it till the last 15 when the subs upped the workrate.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Reply #487: Aug 13, 2023 11:15:24 pm
      The balance was not quite right today Gakpo and Szob were by passed. Macca did well enough but when they got back level we didn't up our energy levels. Just didn't match them. When home team equalisers it galvanisers the team. You have to match that and try to regain control. We did not do that and we didn't get back into it till the last 15 when the subs upped the workrate.
      Good reflective post, the key word you mentioned is Control. Between 2018-21 we had about 70-80% of control in most games, for the past three years that has dropped to about 55%. There lies our problem. We need to get that back and the way we do that is by not giving cheap turnovers. Three quick examples of that today, Mo sloppy passes, Gapko poor control in midfield, Trent lazy pass in 80th+ minute. I could go on for example Robbo very little accuracy on final crosses. Anyway, let's see what happens in next few games, I don't want to be too harsh after one game.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #488: Aug 13, 2023 11:52:58 pm
      Not a great performance, but a draw away at the Bridge ain't the worst result.  There are a few concerning things though that I feel like need to be addressed. 

1.  We look like a team missing a few key components, and as a result we are playing a few players out of position to compensate.  Mac is not a CDM.  Gakpo is not a CM.  Szobo is more of a CAM than a CM.  We need 1 or 2 more signings to round out the 11 and prevent having to pit square pegs into round holes....

2.  We look like we don't have a clear tactical game plan and approach, which is worrying considering most of the team and manager are well established.  We need to sort out how we want to use the ball and how we want to attack with intent.  The only times we looked remotely dangerous today was in transitions. 

3.  Our defense still looks too easy to open up.  Hopefully addressing items 1 and 2 will resolve this issue, but it is worrying....

I may have missed the MOTM poll, but I'd go for either Ali or Ibou as both of them did virtually everything right on the day.  Jota, Gakpo, and Lucho were all poor in my opinion. 
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #489: Aug 14, 2023 12:06:20 am
      weird one. draw there is never bad. but what concerns me is i saw so many of the same issues as last season. still way way too easy to play through. still looks like a team that spends absolutely zero time working on defending. we nearly lost it at the end from our own F***ing corner!! this kept happening last season. how is this a thing?!?

having said that, we're inches away from being 2 up, and despite filling the team with attackers, brilliant goal aside, we actually attacked terribly. time after time in the first half we got into great positions and fu**ed it up. 2nd half was a different story of course.

ultimately it looks way too wild, way too chaotic. we're gonna be entertaining and fun. i dont give a sh*t about that. i want us to be winning stuff.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,777 posts | 6724 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #490: Aug 14, 2023 10:41:26 am
      We were doing really well for the first 15 mins but Mo's disallowed goal seemed to take the stuffing out of us for the rest of the game.

After that it was all them, thank F**k for Ibou and Ali back there because Trent and Robbo weren't even in the tv picture half the time when those cu*ts were in possession and VVD was shaky at best for me.

What I don't understand is every Team plays tight on Moe, tight as F**k, most of the time he's double teamed as well. We can quiet clearly see that they have 3 players, Reese, Enzo and that c**t Chilwell, who are all over us but we give them space and room to do what ever the F**k they want.

How about closing down on them, staying F***ing tight, tackling them as soon as they get the ball?

Nope, not us, we let them have all the freedom in the world to do as they please. Driving me fkn nuts how many wicked crosses Reese put in. Was so glad when he went the F**k off!

Glad we got a point, could have been better if it wasn't for that Ref c**t but we got a point and a tough away game is now out of the way, let's roll the F**k on!!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #491: Aug 14, 2023 10:55:17 am
      We were doing really well for the first 15 mins but Mo's disallowed goal seemed to take the stuffing out of us for the rest of the game.

After that it was all them, thank F**k for Ibou and Ali back there because Trent and Robbo weren't even in the tv picture half the time when those cu*ts were in possession and VVD was shaky at best for me.

What I don't understand is every Team plays tight on Moe, tight as F**k, most of the time he's double teamed as well. We can quiet clearly see that they have 3 players, Reese, Enzo and that c**t Chilwell, who are all over us but we give them space and room to do what ever the F**k they want.

How about closing down on them, staying F***ing tight, tackling them as soon as they get the ball?

Nope, not us, we let them have all the freedom in the world to do as they please. Driving me fkn nuts how many wicked crosses Reese put in. Was so glad when he went the F**k off!

Glad we got a point, could have been better if it wasn't for that Ref c**t but we got a point and a tough away game is now out of the way, let's roll the F**k on!!!

Spot on mate, we were hanging in there at times and they were deadly down both wings. If their goal had been allowed to stand tho I'd have gone F***ing berserk after ours was judged offside by a F***ing elbow.

Grateful for the point in a hard fought game.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #492: Aug 14, 2023 10:57:34 am
      How was that not a penalty ffs
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,777 posts | 6724 
      Reply #493: Aug 14, 2023 10:59:21 am
      Spot on mate, we were hanging in there at times and they were deadly down both wings. If their goal had been allowed to stand tho I'd have gone F***ing berserk after ours was judged offside by a F***ing elbow.

Grateful for the point in a hard fought game.

Said the same to me mate, if Salah's was given off, surely Chilwell has to be as well or I'm gonna smash something!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #494: Aug 14, 2023 11:04:06 am

Im ready  🥊🥊🥊
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #495: Aug 14, 2023 11:18:46 am
      It was deemed a case of what we used to call "Ball to hand". The whole handball rule is overly complicated and open to interpretation, no one (Including officials) knows what the parameters are. It was 50/50...some ref's would give it and some wouldn't.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,777 posts | 6724 
      Reply #496: Aug 14, 2023 11:21:30 am

You really are an idiot, not a tough guy, just an idiot!  :lmao:
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #497: Aug 14, 2023 11:26:54 am
      You really are an idiot, not a tough guy, just an idiot!  :lmao:

You said you’ll smash something.
      He said he’s ready.
      I think he’s ready to be smashed by you!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,777 posts | 6724 
      Reply #498: Aug 14, 2023 11:28:00 am
      You said you’ll smash something.
      He said he’s ready.
      I think he’s ready to be smashed by you!

I'm sure there is a queue mate.  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #499: Aug 14, 2023 11:32:20 am
      I'm sure there is a queue mate.  :D

Kunt. 😂
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #500: Aug 14, 2023 11:40:36 am
      It was deemed a case of what we used to call "Ball to hand". The whole handball rule is overly complicated and open to interpretation, no one (Including officials) knows what the parameters are. It was 50/50...some ref's would give it and some wouldn't.

Think it was more a case of we won’t get one, anyone else penalty…..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #501: Aug 14, 2023 11:47:08 am

Thought technology would do away with refereeing F**k ups but instant multi-angle close up replays are still dismissed in favour of visually challenged, bigoted officials - that was a penalty all day long.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #502: Aug 14, 2023 11:54:04 am
      Interesting video of tactics during the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yGuOkrdAsA

Note: This is just some random guy, so take it with a grain of salt also.
      Brian57953956
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #503: Aug 14, 2023 01:10:50 pm
      Just watched first half, thought Chelsea dominated that, so might not bother watching second half. We look a mile off.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #504: Aug 14, 2023 01:12:22 pm
      Just watched first half, thought Chelsea dominated that, so might not bother watching second half. We look a mile off.

Thanks for letting us know
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #505: Aug 14, 2023 01:46:21 pm
      Draw is not a bad result, disappointed in the second half as it seem the sharpness in our passing disappeared resulted in us having to defend more. New guys did okay in the middle but non if them were really in their preferred positions (or Gapko cause out of position).

Between bedding in new players in the middle and Klopp trying to figure out what trio in attack is his best I think it will take time before we see this side at its best. The hope is while this process is happening we can grind out wins.

Quick Reply