Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Wataru “This is the end” Endo (Vtb Stuttgart)

Read 14190 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,168 posts | 1094 
      Re: Wataru “This is the end” Endo (Vtb Stuttgart)
      Reply #253: Aug 17, 2023 10:56:59 pm
      Me too, shrewd move. He’s going to be buzzing around the pitch, protecting VVD and Konate, leaving Dom and Mac to do the business.
      U think Endo is a panic buy?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #254: Aug 17, 2023 11:01:26 pm

Nah, I think we would have got him even if we signed either of the 2 chelsea cu*ts
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #255: Aug 18, 2023 03:34:21 am
      Love the look of the player in the highlight clips, and also the fact that the club have got him out of nowhere!

He's really tidy on the ball and solid defensively, and is a player who should suit Klopp and this team perfectly. If he was a few years younger and had a pricetag closer to £50m there would be a lot more fanfare about him.

Compared to Lavia he looks more solid defensively and has better stats to back it up. In the short-term he should also be more reliable tactically than Lavia too. The only downside compared to Lavia is the age factor and the lack of homegrown status, but the club should be able to find a suitable long-term solution in due course.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #256: Aug 18, 2023 05:26:26 am
      Tied of the cu*ts on these threads. He’s the Japan captain, he’s a stop gap, got some steel about him, get over it.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #257: Aug 18, 2023 06:04:05 am
      💡🇯🇵 If you want to know more about Endo read this by a Japanese Liverpool fan:

1. He is versatile and fills so many of our problem positions and he will do so with discipline. Predominantly a defensive midfielder and we will come on to his qualities there, but he is very capable at CB having started his career there (left sided centreback to cover Van Dijk) and can play both fullback positions. He is alot more vocal than Gomez, Ibou or Matip so he would fill in that leadership role and his English is not bad. For someone who is 5'10, he is absolutely dominant in the air. Reminds me of Roberto Ayala in that regard.

2) Liverpool and Klopp specifically, hoards captains such as Robbo, Salah, Van Dijk, etc and Endo is both captain of Japan and Stuttgart and he leads by example as well as vocally. Just rewatch the World Cup and him getting everyone into shape and leading the warm ups and cool downs. He will be the one that leads the youngsters through the games in the early cup rounds.

3) He is MEAN and a total hard nut boss. Minamino is super nice and super shy and probably a cute teachers pet. Endo is a straight edge player and won't take crap from any opposition and slacking from any team member. His obsession with winning is scary. Think about it, a Japanese fella, waltzing into the German league and taking the captaincy. He really is like Milner in this regard.

4) He is 30 years old. People are saying it as a negative. Remember, Mourinho and Conte love the 30 year old proven quality players, as they know the role, have seen everything and played on the biggest stages and can be relied on to be disciplined. You also know how they react and perform historically and not just a 1 season wonder or with limited stats like Lavia. These players are bought to win NOW. Remember how upset Conte got at the up and coming Djed Spence (big resale value, big potential etc).

5) Every squad needs players with huge availability and ability. He is never injured. He is of the Park Ji Sung, Nicky Butt, Conor Gallagher, Gilberto Silva, Henderson, Wijnaldum type mould where they are not the super flashy players, but they absolutely will TANK the opposition, retain the ball, keep things going and play the water carrier role.

6) He is 2 footed and CAN SCORE. He is a baller, not just a destroyer. Don't be confused because he is aggressive, persistent and a great tackler. He has the streetballer vibe like Suarez where it doesn't always look conventional, but he caresses the ball with finesse. He scored the crucial goal to keep Stuttgart up from relegation.

7) Stuttgart fans are DEVASTATED to lose him. That means a lot. Its not a split fan base decision, they all love and respect him so much and what he means to them as a person and as a player. Additionally, there is no doubt Klopp follows the Bundesliga and will know all about Endo in depth. Jorg will have run the rule as well and decided together, that Endo can help us NOW. You think Klopp will give the green light for a stop gap, when he wants to win things this season?

8) The price of Endo does not dictate his ability. He has a year left and it was his dream to play in England and win something big. He is without a shadow of a doubt, a better player than Lavia right now, which is what is really important for the current season.

9) He wants to play for Liverpool and came at the first calling. Never forget reds, how much that intent actually means. A talented, earnest, quality player, who will do as Klopp wants, has the ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck and dominate a game with 110% effort and endeavour and has come from the Bundesliga which stylistically, is the most similar league to the Premier League, so will take minimal adjusting. He also will not try to run when Madrid and Barca come flirting like a certain Caicedo and will not complain about game time potentially like a Lavia who didn't want to play second fiddle.

10) This is what we wanted for Bajcetic. To give him a chance to be eased into the team and claim his place when he has the consistency and fitness. Endo will fight for his life for the team and his place, but would be the top cheerleader for Stefan if he breaks through. A real team player.

11) Endo was in our eyes, the player of the match in the wins over Germany and Spain and shackled Luka Modric like a mad dog. There are not many players who are as slippery and as quality as Luka.

12) Endo's signing pays for itself with commercial ventures. Future generations of Japanese super talents will want to follow in his footsteps and the technical talent and mental fortitude of Japanese players is a trademark!

Quality reading, welcome on board.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #258: Aug 18, 2023 06:21:42 am
      Anyone ever seen his arl fella Nint play?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #259: Aug 18, 2023 07:01:14 am
      Anyone ever seen his arl fella Nint play?

No saw his cousin though Cresc
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #260: Aug 18, 2023 08:04:59 am
      Hopefully they get this sone before the 12pm deadline today so he can be involved on Saturday.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,871 posts | 414 
      Reply #261: Aug 18, 2023 08:53:34 am

It's his cheeky Uncle Innu you got to watch out for
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 258 
      Reply #262: Aug 18, 2023 09:17:34 am
      Japanese Kimmich (Joshua) :D so I'm ok and welcome to Liverpool FC Endo san  :D
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #263: Aug 18, 2023 09:42:39 am
      We could really do with having this lad available for the squad tomorrow given that Jones is struggling with a knock. I hope they get it done in time.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #264: Aug 18, 2023 09:50:33 am
      We could really do with having this lad available for the squad tomorrow given that Jones is struggling with a knock. I hope they get it done in time.

With it being Bournemouth and having both Thiago and Bajetic back to full training hopefully we should have enough
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #265: Aug 18, 2023 09:52:46 am

With it being Bournemouth and having both Thiago and Bajetic back to full training hopefully we should have enough

I’ve not forgotten we lost last time we played them, and that was off the back of beating the mancs 7-0. I’d much prefer they get this done, I’m not sure what the hold up. Given the relative low value C of the transfer it should happen quickly imo.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #266: Aug 18, 2023 09:53:09 am

Hopefully Thiago starts, Bajcetic coming on at 65.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #267: Aug 18, 2023 09:59:23 am
      Hopefully Thiago starts, Bajcetic coming on at 65.

I’m not sure Bacjetic is gonna be in the squad. I reckon he’ll play Gakpo again with Thiago coming on in the 2nd half.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #268: Aug 18, 2023 10:00:23 am
      I’ve not forgotten we lost last time we played them, and that was off the back of beating the mancs 7-0. I’d much prefer they get this done, I’m not sure what the hold up. Given the relative low value C of the transfer it should happen quickly imo.

It’s at home and we also beat them 9-0 - we should have enough to get past Bournemouth without him

And I don’t expect him to jump straight into the team
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #269: Aug 18, 2023 10:34:20 am

Considering how rubbish last season was, that was definitely one of the lowest points. Completely deflated what happened against united.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #270: Aug 18, 2023 10:51:50 am
      Is he ours yet, there’s F**k all on sly sports aside from Lavia shooting his load at the Bridge !!
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,689 posts | 146 
      Reply #271: Aug 18, 2023 10:57:43 am
      Is he ours yet, there’s F**k all on sly sports aside from Lavia shooting his load at the Bridge !!

Well Lavia is official for Chelsea, he isn't announced yet.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #272: Aug 18, 2023 11:17:38 am
      I spied a photo of him at anfield on the twitter, not sure if its real though. l o l
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #273: Aug 18, 2023 11:18:53 am

Still nothing. It’s a bit sh*t if they can’t get this over the line in time for tomorrow.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #274: Aug 18, 2023 11:44:33 am
      Reports they are trying to secure the work permit so he can play for us tomorrow. Wonder if that’s the delay in the announcement.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #275: Aug 18, 2023 12:11:38 pm
      Reports they are trying to secure the work permit so he can play for us tomorrow. Wonder if that’s the delay in the announcement.

Japanese are easy to get work permit, he lived in EU countries and a captain of his country.

Hopefully he already signed.

Quick Reply