Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bmouth?

Alisson Becker
      2 (2.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      49 (64.5%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      2 (2.6%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      16 (21.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      2 (2.6%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: Aug 23, 2023 04:56:52 pm

Liverpool 3-1 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10022 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #276: Aug 19, 2023 10:39:32 pm
      Just call it corrupt because that’s what it is.

That was never a red

Paul Teirney hates use, he can't even hide it.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #277: Aug 19, 2023 11:17:10 pm
      Paul Teirney hates use, he can't even hide it.

The bigger issue is, the FA are no doubt aware of that, but will keep giving him our games.
      If that’s not a stitch up, what is 🤷‍♂️
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #278: Aug 19, 2023 11:20:33 pm
      Mac clearly missing next weeks game.
      Hoping Louis hasn’t torn anything, and Trent’s ankle is double the size on photo.
      Might be a difficult game v barcodes 😬
      Zincubus
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #279: Aug 19, 2023 11:41:41 pm

Pity it’s so soon .. they will kick us from pillar to post ..
      Zincubus
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #280: Aug 19, 2023 11:45:56 pm
      Quite disjointed but loads of positives.

Szobo is looking really good, Endo was solid and Diaz looks like he is kicking on now and ready to take that next step.

Can't quite believe Mac Allister's red to be honest, it was a yellow at most. That coupled with not getting than pen last weekend and it's already looking like we'll be up against 12 (or 13 with VAR) most weekends.

The red was ridiculous .. especially given United’s thuggish Martinez commits  worse tackles every ten minutes without ever getting booked
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,028 posts | 529 
      Reply #281: Aug 19, 2023 11:51:46 pm
      Red card was a joke. At what point are they gonna say certain officials are not upto it and ditch them. Tierney is either dishonest or incompetent, either way he should be cut from their roster.

Not sure what the question is over Dom's penalty. Ok he wasn't chopped down but it was a clear foul, it was in the box - penalty.

Slow starts were a big feature of the first half of last season. Too many of our established guys going into games thinking the result is a foregone conclusion. Hoping and expecting our new arrivals to bring hunger and focus from the first minute, and help Jürgen cut out that slackness that crept in last year.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5003 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #282: Aug 20, 2023 07:00:45 am
      We got caught with our pants down first 15-20, sluggish at best but grew into the game, my stream went down about then and missed our two goals, so I rebooted and rejoined on 35 mins, Macca’s Red was never a red, it was only a red cos Christie rolled about like dying dog, so what if Macca had done the same, who would have gotten red then ?
      It was a 50-50 challenge, both players feet were at the same height, no malice, no intent to harm, so why a red, it was a yellow at worst and both players should have faced it, but even then when football was football and not this diluted version both players would have just got on with it,but the Numpty ref without a second’s thought decided it was dangerous, f***in clown, and then backed up by is equally Numpty mate as the VAR, so obviously no change then from them this season, mates looking after mates again, and F**k what’s fair ??

Why was Trent allowed to stay on the pitch for as long before being dragged off, it was clear and obvious he had a problem, hopefully he’ll be ok once the physio beats him up, medically, more worrying is Diaz, that looks like groin strain or worse for me, but again physio’s can work wonders these days, be gutted if he misses the trip to Nooky broon land,

Szlobos is boss, what a player this lad is, second game in anger and he produces that, I knew the lad was a good fit but holy Muther of panty liners this fella creamed a few knickers by that performance, I thought Lucho was boss too and hastily gave him my MAN of the match (cos no women were involved) but on reflection Dom was the bomb, wasn’t he ?

It’s early days yet but can anyone else see what I see, a Red juggernaut reviving its engines, and once all of those fire breathing cylinders are at harmonious play we’re going to take some stopping , there were moments yesterday when I just said Wow, the movement, the intricacies, the beginning of a understanding between defence , midfield and attack, we seen moments where everyone was singing the same tune, and the only let down was the final passing, we could and should have had five or six yesterday, easily, and we could have lost two or three easily too,

Are we seeing us back in Rock n Roll football mode again, but this time a more coherent faster more attuned version, i dunno but all the signs are there, all I know is I’m loving it already and can’t wait for the next episode, a word of caution though, we won’t have it all our own way like we did for the most part yesterday, there will be moments where our pants will be around our ankles, next possible exposure could be against the barcodes at their gaff next week, but no one seen us take a point off those horrible plastic Cnuts at the bridge did they ?

Good win yesterday, was expected of course but a win is a win is a win, 4 out of six isn’t too shabby, we have bundles of energy, we are beginning to gel a bit more, the cohesion is improving as is the pace, movement and the unity, all in all, we will be a very dangerous entity, that Red Juggernaut is revving up and soon the ground will rumble with its power, they don’t know it yet, but Pep, Arteta, Poch, and wee Eddy are on the highway to Hell !!!

YNWA
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #283: Aug 20, 2023 07:19:43 am
      Red card was a joke. At what point are they gonna say certain officials are not upto it and ditch them. Tierney is either dishonest or incompetent, either way he should be cut from their roster.

Not sure what the question is over Dom's penalty. Ok he wasn't chopped down but it was a clear foul, it was in the box - penalty.

I don't think it was a red either but come on everyone, there's no need to wear the red tinted gasses after the game. The pen was soft as anything and Dom threw him self up in the air like he'd been scythed when there was barely any contact. He won the pen. If they had done it to us we'd all be slating the player for simulation and VAR for not reviewing it. It was foolish of their lad to have a swing but I was surprised it wasn't reversed.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #284: Aug 20, 2023 08:32:36 am
      I don't think it was a red either but come on everyone, there's no need to wear the red tinted gasses after the game. The pen was soft as anything and Dom threw him self up in the air like he'd been scythed when there was barely any contact. He won the pen. If they had done it to us we'd all be slating the player for simulation and VAR for not reviewing it. It was foolish of their lad to have a swing but I was surprised it wasn't reversed.

One of those where they would have gone with the onfield call. If they didn't give the pen then there wasn't enough contact to reverse it but having giving the pen there was enough contact to say it couldn't be reversed.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #285: Aug 20, 2023 08:33:19 am
      Dom bought the penner.

Never a red.

Bit dodge 1st 15mins

Played well apart from that.

Good win.

Next.

Ynwa
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #286: Aug 20, 2023 10:23:38 am
      after watching the games last  night our Red Card is just an even bigger joke but dont expect the FA to admit they have clowns for officials.
      So much to like about this team but unless we cut out the stupid schoolboy errors in defence we wont win anything. Our attacking players are just going to thrive  this season and our three starting forwards scored just like the old days. Attitude was spot on especially when we went down to 10 .Big game next week but I fancy us against them after seeing them against City
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #287: Aug 20, 2023 10:32:52 am
      Deserved win at the end but a very shaken start, defence exposed far to often early on. Look good going forward and thought Dominik was man of the match, Cody looks out of his depth we’re he is playing.

And for a second game an awful decision from the referee. The one worrying thing for me is we cannot control a game we always needed the two goal lead, but having said that we looked more in control one we went down to ten men. Plenty of room for improvement
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #288: Aug 20, 2023 10:36:32 am
      Dom bought the penner.

Never a red.

Bit dodge 1st 15mins

Played well apart from that.

Good win.

Next.

Ynwa

Seemed to be almost celebrating from what I saw om MotD. Still you win some & lose some decisions, defence still obviously not sorted. Need to keep scoring more than we concede ! Still main thing 3 points in the bag, with plenty of entertainment for the fans.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #289: Aug 20, 2023 12:12:41 pm
      Seemed to be almost celebrating from what I saw om MotD. Still you win some & lose some decisions, defence still obviously not sorted. Need to keep scoring more than we concede ! Still main thing 3 points in the bag, with plenty of entertainment for the fans.

I'm sure once we start playing with a proper defensive midfielder we will become more solid.

But we play a high line so will always give chances away.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #290: Aug 20, 2023 01:27:07 pm
      I'm sure once we start playing with a proper defensive midfielder we will become more solid.

But we play a high line so will always give chances away.

Yeah you are correct about playing a high line. No one can complain about the entertainment these games seem to produce. Good to see our forwards scoring especially Diaz & Jota, with Mo's penalty rebound.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #291: Aug 20, 2023 01:37:37 pm
      Pity it’s so soon .. they will kick us from pillar to post ..

Hahaha in between them going down every five mins claiming they're injured like season at Anfield.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #292: Aug 20, 2023 01:38:40 pm
      Watched the red card again of Monday, as I thought an absolute bullshit decision based on his studs showing!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #293: Aug 20, 2023 01:44:44 pm
      Missed the game but seen the MacAllister Red and that’s just pure nonsense.

If that’s a Red then every game would end up with at least one player sent off.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #294: Aug 20, 2023 01:47:22 pm
      Missed the game but seen the MacAllister Red and that’s just pure nonsense.

If that’s a Red then every game would end up with at least one player sent off.

Majority in the ground thought it was a yellow, nothing less. The audible shock of "What. The. F**k" when the ref produced the red was very palpable.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #295: Aug 20, 2023 05:05:38 pm
      Always good to see us win and start our Anfield season off with three points is a plus. For the first ten minutes or so we looked sketchy as F**k and then turned it around and put in a professional performance that saw us get the win.

Still a lot of the issues from last season where still there but it's not surprising so not gonna dwell on it. Instead I'll enjoy the positives. Three points, starting forward line all on the scoresheet, new signing looking every bit as good as it was claimed he would be and instead of going into our shells when we were one down or even a man down, we showed what a pair of bollocks this group of players does have.

And it may be very early into the season but had we been where Everton currently sit on the bottom the table then the doom and gloomers amongst us would be bitching even louder than they are, so I'm gonna go overboard and talk about how we're in the Champions League places, within touching distance of the leaders, unbeaten and well are on way to reclaiming that Premier League title.

So yeah, I'm one happy litter f**ker right now.

Alisson - in no mans land for the goal that was disallowed, got a yellow for F***ing about with the ball at his feet (once again) but second half in particular earned his bread with a couple of good stops.

Alexander-Arnold - very lucky to get away with the disallowed goal because it was shocking defending, didn't get away with it a few minutes later when they did go one up. Hasn't started the season all that well and a possible injury on top of it now. If he is out for a game or two, be interesting if we persist with this way of playing with Gomez at right back or we revert back to a more traditional back four.

Konate - nothing majorly wrong in his play, no real stand out moments either - which is basically what you want from a centre half. You don't want to see them having to make up for other people's errors or last ditch tackles all that often. Keep him fit and he's a F***ing beast in the making.

Van Dijk - saw people blaming him for the pass to Trent that lead to the goal, nah it was piss poor from Trent and that was that for me. I'm as critical as anybody for any of our players when it's warranted but I'm not criticising Virgil for that. His defending after Trent's poor control and them actually scoring was absymal though. Again was indecisive in getting to the ball first and then turning his back when Semenyo scored. A bit like Konate next to him, didn't much of note from there on in.

Robertson - most of their play second half was coming down our left but don't think Robbo had a terrible game, just left a bit exposed again like he was at Chelsea.

Szoboszlai - couldn't ask for a better debut really other than maybe capping it off with a goal. Looked so good on the ball. Can see him quickly becoming a firm favourite of most Liverpool fans. As long as he's fit then he's in the team on that sort of performance. Looks like he's linking up well with the front three as well.

Mac Allister - was having a solid game until the red card, which was a joke of a decision. Nowhere near a red card. Both players had their foot raised and Mac just caught their player. Poor decision by the officials but what's new eh? Hopefully the FA have some brains and recind it.

Gakpo - hands up, I said he could be used as a central midfielder in the summer but after invisible performances here and at Stamford Bridge then I think we need to move on from the experiment. I don't know if it's Jürgen wanting to have Gakpo, Diaz, Jota and Salah in the starting XI or if it's really down to a lack of choice in the middle of the park. But moving forward, we can't have Gakpo playing there in my opinion.

Salah - didn't have his best of games but ends up with a goal, how often do we say that about Mo? Could tell with the way he struck the pen, he just wanted to score and didn't care how because he'll know he's missed a couple on the trot. But the keeper stood still and got a good save to it. Good finish on the rebound though.

Jota - said after the Chelsea game that I'd be happy for Nunez to start this one because I thought Diogo was poor on the opening day but yesterday he was back to his pestering best. He's a finisher and very little else. But what a finisher. Could of had another as well if not for a good save.

Diaz - is often criticised for having a good spell in a game but not doing it over an entire game that weren't the case here. He was a thorn in their side throughout and what a F***ing goal as well. Lad just oozes class. Two in two.

Endo - good to see him make his debut and looked alright in doing so. Looking forward to seeing him establish himself in our midfield.

Gomez - will be slagged off no matter what he does by some but I thought he did ok.

Elliott - plenty of huff and puff from the young lad and the sort of performance I think we'll be accustomed to over the years. Plenty of hard work but not the best on the eye.

Tsimikas & Nunez - hardly any time on the pitch to influence the game.

Overall a good performance and result with plenty to build upon ahead of our trip to St James' Park. As I said earlier, one happy little f**ker right now.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #296: Aug 20, 2023 05:26:55 pm
      What a player szoboszlai is!
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #297: Aug 20, 2023 05:41:58 pm
      Dom bought the penner.

Never a red.

When the leg was stuck out, Dom’s body was upright. He fell onto the leg rather than was tripped by it. Bought it. Fooled Paul.

Not red. Not a close challenge, not strong and doesn’t seem deliberate either. Me thinks Paul wanted to redeem himself from his poor pen decision - and that was his only chance perhaps.
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #298: Aug 20, 2023 06:47:11 pm
      It's the inconsistency that winds me up. Only 2 games in we get a blatant hand ball turned down, we get a 'soft' pen and then a phoney red card. Sometimes the ref gets sent to the monitor, sometimes they don't. Could be VAR has in effect created the uncertainty.

I think the captains should have 1 appeal each (red card and penalties only). Just 1 regardless of whether you get the decision.The appeal goes to VAR.

Might've lost the pen but won on the red card.

Quick Reply