Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Mohammed Salah >> Al Ittihad

Read 23396 times
      IrishRed86
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 37 
      Re: Mohammed Salah >> Al Ittihad
      Reply #46: Aug 24, 2023 07:09:39 pm
      Let them offer €250 million and we buy Mbappe…yes I know that’s a fantasy but that’s the only deal I would entertain.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #47: Aug 24, 2023 07:11:04 pm
      Might be mad but if we had a replacement lined up and they were offering silly money I wouldn't be totally against this to be honest.

Don't think it'll happen this summer though due to timing but he'll be off next summer.
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2023 08:05:44 pm by srslfc »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #48: Aug 24, 2023 07:21:59 pm
      Let them offer €250 million and we buy Mbappe…yes I know that’s a fantasy but that’s the only deal I would entertain.

Just for the record ( but not happening ) if you did get 250 million you’re still not getting Mbappe. You forgotten about his wage demands? FSG would have heart attacks paying his wages.   :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #49: Aug 24, 2023 07:32:38 pm
      Just for the record ( but not happening ) if you did get 250 million you’re still not getting Mbappe. You forgotten about his wage demands? FSG would have heart attacks paying his wages.   :lmao:

Probably offer him shares in one of their sports clubs like they did with LeBron
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #50: Aug 24, 2023 07:38:12 pm
      Probably offer him shares in one of their sports clubs like they did with LeBron

Wasn’t something similar offered Messi?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #51: Aug 24, 2023 07:43:27 pm
      Wasn’t something similar offered Messi?

Percentage of profits from AppleTV subscriptions from their footy coverage of MLS, a deal also with Adidas and a stake in Inter Miami
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #52: Aug 24, 2023 09:08:36 pm
      We truly are a club in crisis right now.

This here is the chickens coming home to roost. We all said it two/ three years go that if we stabd still we go backwards

😂😂

Stop overreacting 😂😂
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 136 
      Reply #53: Aug 24, 2023 09:21:53 pm
      So this 'story' was started in Saudi. No approach made to the club. Mo not for sale, his mate says any talk of him going is lies etc etc
      Everyone having a meltdown when really you should be all asking yourselves isn't it more than coincidence that we play Newcastle at the weekend - oh and quel surpise they're owned by the Oily Ones?
      Let's start a campaign of Chinese whispers and get everyone all worked up about a player who is instrumental to them. It'll get to them and cause instability among the players and the fans.
      Get a grip everyone.
      sarnobat
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #54: Aug 24, 2023 09:55:33 pm
      I know the majority will disagree but the time to sell a player is at their peak value, not when they are going downhill and you are desperate to free up wages.

I was actually thinking we should sell Salah a couple of years ago when he was the best in the world. If we get stupid money for him, we would be stupid not to take it and reinvest it in my opinion.

Ferguson mastered that art - selling Ince, Beckham, Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy when he could name their price.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #55: Aug 24, 2023 10:09:55 pm
      Jeezypeeps.  Anyone saying it's time to sell oor wee King are off thier rocker.

IrishRed86
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 37 
      Reply #56: Aug 24, 2023 10:10:28 pm
      It’s a pity this interest didn’t come a few weeks ago which if offered silly money, the club may have accepted and got a quality striker in. But the window is just too short at this moment in time. LFC will continue when a Salah eventually leaves. I remember similar feelings when Owen, Torres, Suarez etc left…we always find a new main man.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #57: Aug 24, 2023 10:13:17 pm
      I know the majority will disagree but the time to sell a player is at their peak value, not when they are going downhill and you are desperate to free up wages.

I was actually thinking we should sell Salah a couple of years ago when he was the best in the world. If we get stupid money for him, we would be stupid not to take it and reinvest it in my opinion.

Ferguson mastered that art - selling Ince, Beckham, Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy when he could name their price.

Yeah but did Ferguson sell any of them when the league had already started and there was a week left until the window shut? Nah.

The way we've handled things after letting Fab and Hendo go gives me no confidence whatsoever that we've got a plan if/when Mo leaves so at the moment we simply have to keep him.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #58: Aug 24, 2023 10:22:04 pm
       Kvaratskhelia next summer then, He's one of the few players who has the potential to he as world class as Salah.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #59: Aug 24, 2023 10:32:46 pm
      Time for us to start planning ahead. I think Mo stays this season. But next summer, with one year left on his deal I think it's the end for him here unless he's happy to see his contract out.

My money is on him going next summer to whatever Saudi club offers the most dirty money to us.

Not even fsg is that stupid to sell salah days before the deadline.

The only worry I have here ... with this kind of coming late on from nowhere is have they been given encouragement to come in for him.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #60: Aug 24, 2023 10:53:34 pm
      Replacing strikers is difficult. We spent 80mill on Nunez and he's barely playing.
      Mo is our best attacker and it's late in the window - even if he wanted to leave - and I DON'T think he does - we don't have to let him.

Fab and Hendo were a loss [in my opinion] - but loosing Mo would be on a different level entirely.
      We've kept players before - like Suarez - when they wanted to leave. 
      You don't want players who want out, Jürgen doesn't - but even if we knew he did want out - which we DON'T - the timing is nowhere near right.
      It's too late in the window to replace him. And who's out there/available anyway?!

We're already struggling to replace midfielders who have left. And don't think Jürgen will want to throw away the season for a Mo payday. We need to get back into the top4, challenge - and that's already going to be tough with the squad we have, without loosing anyone else.

It's good to know there is demand for Mo out there. And you'd have to think he'd be a HUGE coup for the Oily league.
      And when he eventually leaves - and it could very well be next summer - hopefully we have a plan, and use their oil dollars wisely.

Until then, Mo stays.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,527 posts | 224 
      Reply #61: Aug 25, 2023 07:30:24 am
      Next summer he will go and we need to be smart but it’s too late now

He is a face of Arab football, the most marketable player

We should be able to get 150m next summer and he will earn 1.5m-2m per week most likely

We need to treat his similar to when pip went to Barcelona. Start planning now

My only concern is I can see them offering us 250m for salah in the current window, that’s too good to turn down imo
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #62: Aug 25, 2023 07:44:10 am
      The only thing that got my attention in this is The Guardian  article mentioning that Mo's representation and the club had been in contact over Saudi clubs increasing personal "offer " If he is not interested as was said before, what would they be talking about?

The way this summer has gone along I wouldn't rule anything out.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #63: Aug 25, 2023 08:14:17 am
      Right before we play Newcastle. This is all PR to unsettle the player and gain an advantage. I feckin hope Klopp highlights it because its a dirty feckin trick. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #64: Aug 25, 2023 08:36:51 am
      Next summer he will go and we need to be smart but it’s too late now

He is a face of Arab football, the most marketable player

We should be able to get 150m next summer and he will earn 1.5m-2m per week most likely

We need to treat his similar to when pip went to Barcelona. Start planning now

My only concern is I can see them offering us 250m for salah in the current window, that’s too good to turn down imo

Not a chance 250 million. HR was just taking the piss when he said that. Maybe 150 million with a big wage packet. If you’re lucky they may come in for Gomez also, probably over pay for him also, at least 5 million.   :f_whistle:
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #65: Aug 25, 2023 09:45:17 am
      If he goes then Leao and Kvara are the replacements but in a realistic world we would replace him with Bowen  :lmao:
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #66: Aug 25, 2023 01:03:57 pm
      Lock it up lads. Not happening.

Discuss this next Summer when it is relevant.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #67: Aug 25, 2023 01:26:20 pm
      If he goes then Leao and Kvara are the replacements but in a realistic world we would replace him with Bowen  :lmao:

Why do you keep suggesting left wingers to replace Salah?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #68: Aug 25, 2023 02:37:01 pm
      We sale him in next summer. Can't let him leave for free.

Quick Reply