Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Mohammed Salah >> Al Ittihad

Read 21984 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Re: Mohammed Salah >> Al Ittihad
      Reply #460: Sep 04, 2023 07:45:11 pm
      He's not going anywhere because he loves the club, manager, players, fans, city.

Would love if he signed a 2 year extension to his contract just to rub it in Saudi's faces!

You and me both mate. It's important we get in the CL next season. If we do and challenge this season I can see Mo staying on.

I don't see him downing tools like others did this summer. He wants to play at the top ... that's us and in the CL.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,993 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #461: Sep 04, 2023 08:16:03 pm
      He's not going anywhere because he loves the club, manager, players, fans, city.

Would love if he signed a 2 year extension to his contract just to rub it in Saudi's faces!

All the scousers that have played for you lot loved the club Baz but still ended up going over to the Oily’s 😂 Think you’re pretty safe though he’s not going anywhere soon. You’ll be glad to see Thursday come and go quick enough though won’t you. What’s there next offer £200 million?
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #462: Sep 04, 2023 08:26:21 pm
      He's bigger than Messi over there. So £300m, in January....
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #463: Sep 04, 2023 08:30:26 pm
      He's bigger than Messi over there. So £300m, in January....

What's the point of selling in January? If we do well this season and get CL I don't think he will go in the summer either. He wants to play at the top.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 419 
      Reply #464: Sep 04, 2023 08:34:01 pm
      Yeah might as well sell him tomorrow as January.

It looks like the club and Mo's resolve will be tested one last time before their window closes.

Big credit to Mo if he wants to stay this season and turn that sort of money down. Especially with us being in the Europa this season.

He is still absolutely class. At the peak of his powers I'd say.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #465: Sep 04, 2023 09:41:55 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #466: Sep 05, 2023 02:29:15 am
      F**k off you Saudi Cuntz!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #467: Sep 05, 2023 07:32:54 pm
      If they do come back in a day or two offering £215mill, breaking a world record I think, you have to think 'someone' in the club hierarchy is getting ready to tie him up in a bow.

That would be bonkers money for a player who is 31. 

Will admit that the more they bump the offer -- and it's not Lavia style sh*te going up in like 1 or 1.5 million, it's like 50mill -- I dunno, I start to wonder 'maybe'  at this money we should consider.   I guess this is what people mean when they say we all have a price :)

But then you focus back on the team, what we want to do this season, and the fact that we just can't replace Mo at this stage - and it's like no.

Keep the money under the mattress Saudi's.  Maybe next time.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 573 
      Reply #468: Sep 05, 2023 09:04:32 pm
      The media in this country are quiet on this. So is this all bullshit ?
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #469: Sep 05, 2023 09:11:27 pm
      The media in this country are quiet on this. So is this all bullshit ?

They don't know what to write.

Klopp said he's not for sale and happy.

Various players have said he's happy here and doesn't want to leave.

He posted a pic of himself looking happy on his twitter.

The club has rejected offers and said he's not for sale.

Not got alot going for it has it really.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #470: Sep 06, 2023 05:06:15 pm
      Any names on people's radar as potential Salah replacements for when he eventually departs? A casual glance at young-ish RW's, especially left footed ones, is pretty uninspiring viewing...
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 728 
      Reply #471: Sep 06, 2023 05:18:14 pm
      So seems like people have just decided that he's leaving next summer even tho theres zero evidence and he's still going to get insane money even if he decides to play when he's 40 ;D
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #472: Sep 06, 2023 05:28:15 pm
      So seems like people have just decided that he's leaving next summer even tho theres zero evidence and he's still going to get insane money even if he decides to play when he's 40 ;D
      My question wasn't necessarily geared towards next summer. It could be 2025 or 2026 or whenever you think Salah inevitably moves on, as all players do eventually.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,021 posts | 3428 
      Reply #473: Sep 06, 2023 05:36:12 pm
      Any names on people's radar as potential Salah replacements for when he eventually departs? A casual glance at young-ish RW's, especially left footed ones, is pretty uninspiring viewing...

Saka would be the obvious one

The lad at Napoli

Not sure if Chiesa is back to his normal self after his injury
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #474: Sep 06, 2023 05:42:19 pm
      Mo is a smart lad and aware of how short his career is and he is in the best club to ensure his record is improved upon here. He knows the EPL is the most difficult to win and maybe no CL this year but he will still be in good nick to win it next season so another EPL or two and a CL then over to Saudi in 2025. Money can't replace Mo so you need plenty of time to plan ahead and there isno time this season. Go away in short sharp jerky movements
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #475: Sep 06, 2023 05:50:15 pm

I don't think he will. If we're challenging ... the team is evolving and we're back in the CL, we're Mo likes to play then I don't see it. He wants to play in the CL and at the top level. One day I'm sure he will take that offer ... but not when he's at the top.

I think at the minimum he sees his contract out here. This season and next. He may sign an extension ... who knows.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,230 posts | 8571 
      Reply #476: Sep 06, 2023 06:15:56 pm
      All the scousers that have played for you lot loved the club Baz but still ended up going over to the Oily’s 😂 Think you’re pretty safe though he’s not going anywhere soon. You’ll be glad to see Thursday come and go quick enough though won’t you. What’s there next offer £200 million?

Is that how you felt with Ronaldo? :laugh:
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 728 
      Reply #477: Sep 06, 2023 06:40:02 pm
      I don't think he will. If we're challenging ... the team is evolving and we're back in the CL, we're Mo likes to play then I don't see it. He wants to play in the CL and at the top level. One day I'm sure he will take that offer ... but not when he's at the top.

I think at the minimum he sees his contract out here. This season and next. He may sign an extension ... who knows.

From an outsiders perspective, i think the owners would be fine with him running his contract out and have already calculated for this event, 200 or 215 million is nothing compared to the value he brings to the club overall and brand of liverpool fc off the pitch.
      It would probably take something over 300 million to even think about.
      For Salah personally, he would still get a mega salary no matter what. Im also sure his agent would be fine either way also ;D.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 728 
      Reply #478: Sep 06, 2023 06:45:15 pm
      My question wasn't necessarily geared towards next summer. It could be 2025 or 2026 or whenever you think Salah inevitably moves on, as all players do eventually.

i was talking about carragher actually who says its Salah's last season. I personally think he sees his contact out unless, the money they offer is well over 200 million. The thing is, Salah still cashes out either way. So it depends ultimately if the club accept an offer and then Salah agrees.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,993 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #479: Sep 06, 2023 06:52:32 pm
      So it depends ultimately if the club accept an offer and then Salah agrees.

Depends? I’ll put my house on it. He’s going, it’s just when.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #480: Sep 06, 2023 06:59:09 pm
      i was talking about carragher actually who says its Salah's last season. I personally think he sees his contact out unless, the money they offer is well over 200 million. The thing is, Salah still cashes out either way. So it depends ultimately if the club accept an offer and then Salah agrees.

Yeah but Carragher said the club would accept 150m then we turned it down he changed his tune to how only a bid of over 200m should be considered. Neville called him out on it as well.

He’s just a tit who’ll no doubt change his opinion again once he’s proven to wrong again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,230 posts | 8571 
      Reply #481: Sep 06, 2023 06:59:49 pm
      Depends? I’ll put my house on it. He’s going, it’s just when.

Saudi league will end up like a Liverpool legends charity match.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,993 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #482: Sep 06, 2023 07:04:31 pm
      Saudi league will end up like a Liverpool legends charity match.

Looking that way Pete, I’m of the opinion ( not saying I’m right ) SG doing his best to poach them. What’s the chances of you lot having a pre season friendly next summer? Scousers reunion 😂

Quick Reply