Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Ibrahima Konate Player Thread (D)

Read 33988 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Re: Ibrahima Konate Player Thread (D)
      Reply #276: Apr 02, 2024 11:45:16 am
      Looking at our remaining fixtures. Assuming we are not daft enough to risk konate thursday we could play him once a week and the only league game he would miss out of the remaining 8 would be the midweek game at everton. I would be using gomez or quansah at CB in europe.

I think this is the best way to manage ibou. Push too much and he could be out 2/3 weeks again and done for the season. This way hes getting 6/7 and sometimes 8 days between games.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #277: Apr 02, 2024 07:41:02 pm
      Looking at our remaining fixtures. Assuming we are not daft enough to risk konate thursday we could play him once a week and the only league game he would miss out of the remaining 8 would be the midweek game at everton. I would be using gomez or quansah at CB in europe.

I think this is the best way to manage ibou. Push too much and he could be out 2/3 weeks again and done for the season. This way hes getting 6/7 and sometimes 8 days between games.

What you say is true, but we can go on with players who can’t play more than once a week, ( Matip included).
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #278: Apr 02, 2024 09:29:23 pm

What you say is true, but we can go on with players who can’t play more than once a week, ( Matip included).

That will be something for the new manager to decide.

Personally i dont think so. But we have Quansah and a revitalised Gomez who can partner virg. So maybe we offload konate and bring another in.

My plan above is to try to ensure ibou is available for as many games as possible until the end of the season and manage his games to 1 every 6/7/8 days. Try a wednesday saturday or thursday sunday and he will be done.

This latest one were he came off as a precaution is now getting on for a month out.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #279: Apr 03, 2024 12:35:23 pm
      Good player but too injury prone and can't play 2 games in a week.

We need a new and reliable CB this summer with VVD getting older. Maybe with Chelsea being sh*te we can lure in Levi Colwill.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #280: Apr 03, 2024 03:58:46 pm
      This has been his best season in terms of fitness and being avaliable which is a positive thing. Just kind of disappointing it isn't to the level of VvD. Don't really see reason to bin him but at the same time going forward, it would be worth it for the club to look into find a CB who offers the same quality but better fitness record while having him on the books.

As far as managing him going forward for the reason of the season I would play him once a week then have to roll the dice with replace VvD when he needs to be rested. With Trent coming back, resulting in two RB Gomez also becomes more of a option to rotate in as CB as well.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #281: Apr 03, 2024 05:06:28 pm
      This has been his best season in terms of fitness and being avaliable which is a positive thing. Just kind of disappointing it isn't to the level of VvD. Don't really see reason to bin him but at the same time going forward, it would be worth it for the club to look into find a CB who offers the same quality but better fitness record while having him on the books.

As far as managing him going forward for the reason of the season I would play him once a week then have to roll the dice with replace VvD when he needs to be rested. With Trent coming back, resulting in two RB Gomez also becomes more of a option to rotate in as CB as well.

Gomez is a CB mate. He can play full back when needed but im sure he will say himself he wants to play CB. Thats his best position. Id be quite happy with Virg and Joe as a 2 next year with Quansah and Konate around as well.

I guess the potential is there for a new manager to possibly play 343 as well ... though i hope not. I very much prefer a back 4.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #282: Apr 03, 2024 05:14:51 pm
      Good player but too injury prone and can't play 2 games in a week.

We need a new and reliable CB this summer with VVD getting older. Maybe with Chelsea being sh*te we can lure in Levi Colwill.

Hasn't colwill been out injured ?
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #283: Apr 11, 2024 11:01:20 pm
      Hopeless tonight. Doesnt look fit. Nowhere near the required level
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #284: Apr 11, 2024 11:04:30 pm
      Carried Virgil all night. Skipper had one of those nights tonight but thought the big man was solid.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #285: Apr 11, 2024 11:08:05 pm
      Carried Virgil all night. Skipper had one of those nights tonight but thought the big man was solid.

Agreed, Virgil looked very rusty and Konate was having to cover a lot of ground to make up for it.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 164 
      Reply #286: Apr 11, 2024 11:18:19 pm
      Hopeless tonight. Doesnt look fit. Nowhere near the required level

What game were you watching ;D, he was the only 1 defending out there. Rest were just strolling about all over the F***ing pitch not giving the slightest F**k.

Easily one of our better players (which isn't something to be proud of tonight but he was).
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #287: Apr 11, 2024 11:32:27 pm
      What game were you watching ;D, he was the only 1 defending out there. Rest were just strolling about all over the F***ing pitch not giving the slightest F**k.

Easily one of our better players (which isn't something to be proud of tonight but he was).

Not the same game as you obviously. Looked weak and laboured and slow. Maybe thats why he cant get in the league games ...  klopp isnt happy with his fitness .

He was rubbish tonight ... stood watching the 2nd goal and nowhere near the level and the whole defence was as bad
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,701 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #288: Apr 13, 2024 03:55:24 am
      Not the same game as you obviously. Looked weak and laboured and slow. Maybe thats why he cant get in the league games ...  klopp isnt happy with his fitness .

He was rubbish tonight ... stood watching the 2nd goal and nowhere near the level and the whole defence was as bad

I am in between of you two. VVD was stuck in the 2nd gear thinking that his aura will be enough to defend crosses and Konate was just decent, better than every defender on the pitch which says a lot.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #289: Apr 13, 2024 02:20:52 pm

One of those lazy, he just about looked arsed nights
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #290: Apr 14, 2024 11:58:54 pm
      Will he ever learn to hit a header on target for us.

He's a beast who should be getting on the end of our corners much better then he does.

Always into row F***ing Z

As for his defending yesterday, thought he was way off it. We all know Mo ain't helping Bradley out but Konate never even got over there to help Bradley out.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #291: Apr 26, 2024 11:59:52 am
      He loves a good scrap esp up against a big centre forward and quite often is more concerned with getting the better of that player while completely ignoring the ball.
      Simple things like this he has been doing more and more this season, suggestive of the coaching being a bit awry or rather not 100% on the ball, add along to that do the coaching team not take Darwin aside and get him to try and shoot either side of the keeper instead of leathering it as hard as he can at the keeper, Robbo seems to charging out of line more and more this season.

Just a few examples but when they all add together it compounds our issues but they are easily rectifiable.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 419 
      Reply #292: Apr 26, 2024 12:22:33 pm
      I think his form has fallen off a cliff but regardless of that what are we going to do about his body?

The lad cannot play 90 minutes a week in a team that quite often plays 270.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,307 posts | 773 
      Reply #293: Apr 26, 2024 12:48:58 pm
      He loves a good scrap esp up against a big centre forward and quite often is more concerned with getting the better of that player while completely ignoring the ball.
      Simple things like this he has been doing more and more this season, suggestive of the coaching being a bit awry or rather not 100% on the ball, add along to that do the coaching team not take Darwin aside and get him to try and shoot either side of the keeper instead of leathering it as hard as he can at the keeper, Robbo seems to charging out of line more and more this season.

Just a few examples but when they all add together it compounds our issues but they are easily rectifiable.
      A team...any team works like a well oiled clock....all the components have to work in a precise order, one bit fails...the rest of it fails. Some of our components are getting a bit worn, others are substandard...or not quite the right fit. Others are some of the best on the market, but when linked to the poor one's, it makes no difference, and the whole mechanism just slows down and grinds to a stop.
      New clockmaker incoming
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 164 
      Reply #294: Apr 26, 2024 12:57:00 pm
      I think his form has fallen off a cliff but regardless of that what are we going to do about his body?

The lad cannot play 90 minutes a week in a team that quite often plays 270.

A lot of the players can't seem too which is a concern, I still think the number of injuries we have is mostly due to the intensity of our training sessions and how much we put into games. Hopefully under Slot we have a more balanced approach, more rest between games and less exertion on the body.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #295: Apr 26, 2024 08:55:08 pm

The coaching point I think you're into something mate.

I mentioned it a while ago, can't even remind it was this season or last, but the point is still valid I think.

We just look like a side that very little attention has been made to actually coaching this squad of players into some sort of system and pattern of playing football and defending as a unit.

It screams of many players just being allowed to play how they naturally do and hope for the best

Quick Reply