Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 90579 times
      clint_call01 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #1426: Apr 25, 2024 02:04:11 pm
      Not sure folks would've been happy with Nkunku either. Lad is a permanent patient :D
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,702 posts | 150 
      Reply #1427: Apr 25, 2024 03:35:39 pm
      Not sure folks would've been happy with Nkunku either. Lad is a permanent patient :D

Nkunku is great but would've been another Keita. Injured more than he is available.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,702 posts | 150 
      Reply #1428: Apr 25, 2024 03:36:36 pm

Not fan of our journos slandering him. I think he's getting sold in the summer since Edwards doesn't rate him.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1429: Apr 25, 2024 04:48:12 pm
      Physically speaking it's all there. Pace, strenght, agility, etc. Mentally speaking, off the ball, its also all there. Mentally speaking, with the ball, quite nothing is there or, if you prefer, most of the time, there's nothing. And it gets worse as the pressure piles up.

His control gets abysmal, not cold enough to assess what's happening around him in terms of where are the defenders and the goalkeeper are. Not cold enough to choose the appropriate finish and all of what finishing in a certain manner implies and even less cold enough to apply the appropriate finish.

I'm not a football manager, but I'm not gonna lie to you, my hopes get lower with him with each game. And it includes the games he scored in because some of his most outrageous sequences of play came in those games.

He might end up being one of those "if only he had xyz attribute" type of player where the potential for greatness is undeniablly there, but the key enabling footballing attributes arent.

Quite exactly my thoughts. I think cold-bloodedness is not a trainable trait, and all great strikers have it. We need a natural finisher as our main center forward, no questions asked.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #1430: Apr 25, 2024 07:34:50 pm
      Nunez is not the problems. Our defense has been sh*t. Can't keep a clean sheet.

Nunez and Salah are both our top scorers and top assisters. Can we score more? Sure! But at a certain people people are becoming comically unrealistic expecting every shot to go in.

We haven't had a clean sheet in 8 games
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1431: Apr 25, 2024 07:38:47 pm

Nunez and Salah are both our top scorers and top assisters. Can we score more? Sure! But at a certain people people are becoming comically unrealistic expecting every shot to go in.

Correct, you can add a Shity midfield to that as well
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #1432: Apr 25, 2024 08:29:06 pm
      Correct, you can add a Shity midfield to that as well

lets say..."unbalanced" ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1433: Apr 25, 2024 08:42:04 pm
      Nkunku is great but would've been another Keita. Injured more than he is available.

Every time I've seen him play for Chelsea he's been crap

Not fan of our journos slandering him. I think he's getting sold in the summer since Edwards doesn't rate him.

What sauce is that :laugh:
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #1434: Apr 26, 2024 06:01:02 pm

I’m I wrong in saying when we had Gomez starting we were on a winning run?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1435: Apr 26, 2024 07:38:15 pm
      Don't think he can play through the middle.
      Thinking right now that either him or Diaz will go - if Diaz goes, could maybe give Nunez a go down the left.
      Otherwise keep Diaz and sell Nunez. Not sure I see us keeping both.
      God only knows what the new manager will do though.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1436: Apr 26, 2024 07:41:52 pm
      Nunez is part to blame but he has been feeding on breadcrumbs
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #1437: Apr 26, 2024 08:42:33 pm
      Nunez is part to blame but he has been feeding on breadcrumbs

😂😂😂

He has missed 26 big chances this season alone
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,028 posts | 529 
      Reply #1438: Apr 26, 2024 09:48:06 pm
      Don't think he can play through the middle.
      Thinking right now that either him or Diaz will go - if Diaz goes, could maybe give Nunez a go down the left.
      Otherwise keep Diaz and sell Nunez. Not sure I see us keeping both.
      God only knows what the new manager will do though.

Yeah it's a tricky one. I think we need to bring in a proven goal scorer next season,  just cos Jota is so injury prone. So that would leave us with one forward too many really. So who would go - Gakpo, Nunez or Diaz? Nunez would be the likeliest candidate for me. But I still do think there is a player in there so, maybe I'm just indecisive  but I'd probably keep them all and decide next summer.

But really it probably depends on whether any big offers come in or not. A big offer for Diaz is more likely than one for Darwin right now I would think, so he might be the one to go. I don't think Darwin is as good as Diaz down the left though so if Diaz went I'd probably want a replacement for him as well haha.

If we could sell either of them and bring in Rafael Leao I'd be very happy. But unless we could get a replacement of that quality, I'd not be in a rush to sell either.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #1439: Apr 27, 2024 02:49:36 pm
      Stolen from RAWK but found this post over 2 years ago very interesting

https://x.com/taistofcb/status/1514983927059996681

Basically exactly the red flags were apparent at Benfica before it reared its ugly head at Liverpool, especially with his lack of technique and passing ability. Unfortunately it’s turned out to be true.

Even in Football Manager years ago (yes seriously…) where he was becoming an up and coming striker, about 4 years ago, I remember his technical stats were very low.

Maybe there were some truth to the rumours that there were alarms raised in his first training session at Liverpool.

I desperately want this lad to succeed but I think we must look to cut our losses. He simply does not have the intelligence, technique or composure to succeed here.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1440: Apr 27, 2024 04:42:16 pm
      His best highlight for todays game...

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1441: Apr 27, 2024 05:45:17 pm
      Stolen from RAWK but found this post over 2 years ago very interesting

https://x.com/taistofcb/status/1514983927059996681

Basically exactly the red flags were apparent at Benfica before it reared its ugly head at Liverpool, especially with his lack of technique and passing ability. Unfortunately it’s turned out to be true.

Even in Football Manager years ago (yes seriously…) where he was becoming an up and coming striker, about 4 years ago, I remember his technical stats were very low.

Maybe there were some truth to the rumours that there were alarms raised in his first training session at Liverpool.

I desperately want this lad to succeed but I think we must look to cut our losses. He simply does not have the intelligence, technique or composure to succeed here.

As few were saying at the time not a good idea to give the manager all the say in transfers.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1442: Apr 27, 2024 06:01:59 pm
      His best highlight for todays game...

Hahaha Darwin playing peacekeeper.

Arnageddon is on it's way.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #1443: Apr 27, 2024 07:27:16 pm
      Needs moving on. Nowhere near good enough. 2 years of pure frustration, and pure comedy for opposing fans to laugh at.

I dont need nor want to see a 3rd. Diaz can have his 'dream' move to barca. Maybe they can teach him what actually wins games instead of cul-de-sac building.

If there are 3 things from the many issues the new manager needs to sort first ... its the defence, how we start games and a world class no9. Improve those 3 things and we will be on the right path.

There is talent across this squad. But all undermined by being poor at both ends of the pitch.

The problem is that Arsenal and city wont stand still and let us catch up like we did 2 years ago. Both will be even better next season and harder to beat.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1444: Yesterday at 10:44:46 pm

Quick Reply