Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Midfield Reloaded: Klopp 2.0

Read 7341 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,576 posts | 735 
      Re: Midfield Reloaded: Klopp 2.0
      Reply #23: Sep 06, 2023 07:10:29 pm
      Just speculating obviously, but i wonder...with Gomez fully fit and back in good form, I wonder if it's worth trying him at Right back and trying Trent in Midfield in Europa and cup games. See how it goes? ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,073 posts | 3440 
      Reply #24: Sep 06, 2023 07:14:32 pm
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,021 posts | 3352 
      Reply #25: Sep 06, 2023 09:56:35 pm
      Just speculating obviously, but i wonder...with Gomez fully fit and back in good form, I wonder if it's worth trying him at Right back and trying Trent in Midfield in Europa and cup games. See how it goes? ;D

Highly doubt we’ll be trying Trent out in any position in Europe or the cups at any point this season until at least February 2024 at the earliest.

And then he’ll probably be sitting out the rest until May when we win the other two cups as we secure a quadruple.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #26: Sep 07, 2023 09:49:36 am

I don’t think comparing our new mids to renovating a full house is quite on the money, and he doesn’t know if Thiago is still here or not, anyone get the idea he’s just out there for likes, cos he’s not telling us anything we already know!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1778 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27: Sep 07, 2023 09:59:05 am

I don’t think comparing our new mids to renovating a full house is quite on the money, and he doesn’t know if Thiago is still here or not, anyone get the idea he’s just out there for likes, cos he’s not telling us anything we already know!!

The guy is a grade A #@£$% just a wee tinterweb freak. l o l
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,487 posts | 218 
      Reply #28: Sep 07, 2023 10:05:15 am

Our midfield isn’t perfect, for example they will be better as they play more time together and perform even better

The reason it seems perfect is simply this

Imagine driving a 2000 nissan car that’s 1.2 engine size

And then in 2 weeks you drive a 2020 bmw

Our midfield was so bad to the point championship teams promoted were out classing them, so the improvement was always going to be big

I would say Nunez did sensational world class stuff against Newcastle so we could have 7 points 9 times out 10 if that scenario of 10 men and so on was repeated. The stuff Nunez did was Henry like and out of the ordinary

So I would say the person hasn’t looked into the meaning of the points we got which is the same advice he was giving

I would rate our midfield 7.5 out of 10, but as they play more and more, they will get better throughout the season and with training

I would also add we should not have to be in a position to rebuild it all bad we started a season early and had we done, maybe we would be in the cl this season

The person who did the video should take his own advice instead of drawing conclusions without understanding how the games went and more importantly he doesn’t even know if Thiago is still here which means he doesn’t know much about the club

So I don’t think he actually knows how well the midfield is doing imo

With europa league, I do believe we can fight for the title now as we should be able to rest and gel our main midfield to be on fire in a month or two
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Sep 08, 2023 12:55:28 am
      All these analogies about houses and cars make me laugh, in its simplest form the system Jürgen preferred had run its course and the legs used to make it happen no longer had the stamina nor the strength for it to continue, we can all point to reasons why and there are many, but i can’t see the point in looking backwards so we look forward,
      I normal season beginning it usually takes a good half dozen games to get up to speed if you will, with new signings integrated into said system,
      The advantage we’ve had this season is there’s been a slight tweak to the tried and trusted system and the new and fresh legs have hit the ground running,

Macca was already familiar with a similar system used by De Zerbi at the Amex, and Szlobos is such a talented player transition was easy and in fact he will thrive in a system suited to his skill set, Endo has the ability to play any system and will adapt with relative ease, we have yet to see the Grav but again he has the legs and ability to thrive in Klopp’s in yer face attacking units,
      Add Jones who is blossoming into a very good AM, Harvey improving daily and is quite adept at linking up play or dropping back fill in holes,

It is still early days, but what we have seen is quite a turnaround as to what we were last season,  chalk N cheese in all honesty, and yet, we’re still in our infancy with this Squad and the newish system, I’m loving how we are all chomping at the bit in anticipation as to what kind of side we will develop into……IMAGINE BEING US !!!

YNWA
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,021 posts | 3352 
      Reply #30: Sep 25, 2023 07:01:06 pm
      Yesterday's programme with Endo stating "I live to defend"

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1532 
      Reply #31: Sep 26, 2023 12:01:30 am
      Still don’t get why Jones I’d played at DM when we have Endo and Grav in the bench.
      Do they need longer to bed in ?
      Grav perhaps being a youngster but Endo is a seasoned pro 🤷‍♂️
      Not saying Jones is poor but it’s not his natural position !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #32: Sep 26, 2023 12:11:41 am

Arthur Melo was a seasoned pro as well. I'm sure we will see Endo and possibly Ryan on Wednesday.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33: Sep 26, 2023 01:29:58 am
      Arthur Melo was a seasoned pro as well. I'm sure we will see Endo and possibly Ryan on Wednesday.

I expect both, along with Elliot in a midfield three. Bajcetic will play the hybrid role I'm guessing.

The other thing we should remember in all the #6, #8 and #10 discussion, none of the guys are static in a particular role. Watch the West Ham game back and at times you'll see Jones deepest, other times Dom and other times Macca. It is very fluid.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1778 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #34: Sep 26, 2023 08:14:33 am
      Still don’t get why Jones I’d played at DM when we have Endo and Grav in the bench.
      Not saying Jones is poor but it’s not his natural position !

Jones is in on merit.

The main thing is there are so many options now, can play different formations/tactis with different players.

We will start to see more of endo now games are coming thick and fast, also once Bjatic is back to match fitness he will probably get more games.

And of course gravenburch is starting to settle well.

Good times.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1778 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #35: Sep 26, 2023 08:29:14 am
      FYI. Im not even sure klopp is that fussed with an actual no.6 now, the MF players are all very mobile now and can cover much better.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #36: Sep 26, 2023 08:35:42 am
      Whatever Klopp is doing with this midfield, i F***ing love it! We are back. We are F***ing back ladies and gentlemen! And i F***ing love it!

New players are pushing the pace and dragging the complacent ones along for the ride, there is a new energy around the place, we needed an injection of fresh legs and a midfield cull and that's exactly what we got.

Good times ahead, i can just feel it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #37: Sep 26, 2023 11:54:46 pm

This is true.  I am not a big fan of his - I think he hasn't got the physical strength or inner grit to be a grade A player but you are right he's had a decent start when called upon this season. 

I'm all for fit and ready players being ready to battle for midfield places though because for most of the last 18 months it's been a case of 'who's available to play'. 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1778 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #38: Sep 27, 2023 08:13:22 am
      This is true.  I am not a big fan of his - I think he hasn't got the physical strength or inner grit to be a grade A player but you are right he's had a decent start when called upon this season. 

I'm all for fit and ready players being ready to battle for midfield places though because for most of the last 18 months it's been a case of 'who's available to play'. 

Well its not just a start, as he was a stand out player for the last 10 games last season.

Great problem for klopp to have, having so many MF players on form.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts | 299 
      Reply #39: Sep 27, 2023 08:55:18 am

I think that in approx 3 or 4 recent seasons he's been a young player trying  to break in to a team that is probably in the top 2 or 3 club teams in the world, relentless winning almost every game. Then last season, when our standards dropped significantly he spent a lot of time injured and could not take advantage of the opportunity until the last 10 games.

He's also a young lad from Liverpool and I assume that he would hear the criticism more than a player (even a young player) moving to the club from somewhere else. The pressure to succeed must have been a very big burden to carry.

He's still young, is continuing to evolve his game and hopefully will have a long and successful career. I've always thought he would be a good squad player, not a starting 11 player but I hope he proves me wrong.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1778 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40: Sep 27, 2023 09:04:55 am
      I think that in approx 3 or 4 recent seasons he's been a young player trying  to break in to a team that is probably in the top 2 or 3 club teams in the world, relentless winning almost every game. Then last season, when our standards dropped significantly he spent a lot of time injured and could not take advantage of the opportunity until the last 10 games.

He's also a young lad from Liverpool and I assume that he would hear the criticism more than a player (even a young player) moving to the club from somewhere else. The pressure to succeed must have been a very big burden to carry.

He's still young, is continuing to evolve his game and hopefully will have a long and successful career. I've always thought he would be a good squad player, not a starting 11 player but I hope he proves me wrong.

pressbox on LFCTV said he he very difficult to drop now as he is playing so well, and his workrate is top notch, defensive work has matured over the last 12 months.

Hes grown into a man.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,193 posts | 4405 
      Reply #41: Oct 09, 2023 08:09:39 am
      That midfield combo of Mac and Elliott was awful so slow and physically dominated, should never be used against an6 decent or quick midfields in future.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,614 posts | 3846 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #42: Oct 09, 2023 10:59:49 am
      Think it's clear that the club will need to sign André in January.
      Just not the balance there at the moment.
      The team is great in attacking phases but wide open defensively.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,073 posts | 3440 
      Reply #43: Oct 09, 2023 11:45:37 am
      Think it's clear that the club will need to sign André in January.
      Just not the balance there at the moment.
      The team is great in attacking phases but wide open defensively.

Think that deal is done and dusted imo
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,487 posts | 218 
      Reply #44: Oct 09, 2023 01:00:53 pm
      It certainly feels like we are a starter short in midfield. If we did have a solid number 6, we would actually look really really good in midfield

It’s much better than last season but to me it seems like we have the numbers in midfield but not the quality in front of the defence

From what I have seen our three new cm this season are easily our best on there, then we have jones and Harvey who are ok and then Enzo who seems a bit meh but he has a cool name so it’s ok and Thiago

Baj is there too, hope he can be the player we need in this moment

But it feels like a couple could go and a couple of number 6 players is what would be perfect

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 1099 
      Reply #45: Oct 09, 2023 02:41:45 pm
      Think that deal is done and dusted imo
      We're one Fab style player from being really good. Hope Endo can get caught up ro speed and contribute more. We need Macca further forward. It's a move that improves us in 2 areas.

Quick Reply