Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The 'Real' reason we beat Besiktas 8-0

Read 3319 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      The 'Real' reason we beat Besiktas 8-0
      Dec 05, 2007 10:38:25 am
      The papers would love this to be true wouldn't they? ::)

Liverpool match-fix probe
      By David Anderson 05/12/2007

Liverpool's record Champions League victory over Besiktas was last night at the centre of shock match-fixing allegations.

Uefa is examining a number of Champions League, UEFA Cup and Intertoto Cup ties and the spotlight has now turned to the Reds' 8-0 thumping of the Turkish side at Anfield last month.

Investigators from German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung have discovered there was a great deal of money bet on Besiktas to suffer a heavy defeat. There is no suggestion of any wrongdoing by Liverpool and Besiktas' players have come under suspicion of having been targeted by Asian gambling syndicates.

They collapsed to the heaviest defeat in the competition's history after trailing just 2-0 at 52 minutes.

Liverpool said last night they know nothing about this claims.

Complete bollocks isn't it?
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: The 'Real' reason we beat Besiktas 8-0
      Reply #1: Dec 05, 2007 10:48:34 am
      Complete bollocks is absolutely right mate. No-one apart from the people actually doing the investigation knows which games are being looked into at the moment. Writers like this should not be clasped as journalists, speculators or even better gossip-mongerers would be a far more apt title.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2: Dec 05, 2007 10:49:45 am
      Oh my god.......How low can they get.......absolutely pathetic. ::)

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #3: Dec 05, 2007 10:53:12 am
      Complete bollocks is absolutely right mate. No-one apart from the people actually doing the investigation knows which games are being looked into at the moment. Writers like this should not be clasped as journalists, speculators or even better gossip-mongerers would be a far more apt title.

Oh my god.......How low can they get.......absolutely pathetic. ::)

Definitley, it just wrecks my head that sh*t like that is printed! It's read by people who'll actually take it as gospel. I've already had one comment off a bluenose saying that we only beat them 8-0 'cos of match fixing! It's pathetic :-\
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #4: Dec 05, 2007 10:54:50 am
      Yeah, the ball was fixed so that it bounced off Babel's shoulder into the goal...
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #5: Dec 05, 2007 11:00:05 am
      Yeah, the ball was fixed so that it bounced off Babel's shoulder into the goal...

;D this is a load of sh*t and if we didn't write up all the crap that the papers say about this club we'd have a fairly small forum webspace.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #6: Dec 05, 2007 11:14:13 am
      To be bruttally honest here, they couldnt scrape enough sensationalism out of the Rafa/Hicks/Gillet arguments so they find something else to pick on and to bring out another complete set of lies. Again we hit another record so some other jealous little tw*t seems to think he can deviate the performance away from LFC and point to the fact that the Turks were taking bribes instead of just admitting they didnt turn up. Its because of our reputation its becaues of  our history and its because of our glory that those jealous little imps go about perporting complete garbage like this. It must be that their editors are placing pressure on their humpped little backs in order for them to sit in behind their messy little desks and come up with sh*t ideas for a story sometimes I wonder if we wouldnt be better off with a dictatorship instead of democracy because at times the lies that are told via so called free media are more detremental than having a despot in power. At least you know where you stand with a despot, instead you get treachourous behavior and utter lies from the media who seem to take great pleasure in seeing something good fall flat on its face when in all honesty its down to their sh*t stirring when it does.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Dec 05, 2007 11:20:04 am
      They've got nothing else to talk about now the 'Rafa Saga' has just about been settled.  Totally p*sses me off that the Reds name is being dragged through the mud again. ::) 
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #8: Dec 05, 2007 11:20:29 am
      If someone wanted a fix why would they do it so badly, its really surprising how stupid the papers are and the people "investigating"
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #9: Dec 05, 2007 11:29:11 am
      UEFA are only looking into one Inertoto cup game. The above article is nonsense.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/12/05/SOCCER_UEFA_Liverpool.html
      « Last Edit: Dec 05, 2007 11:31:29 am by Reepicheep »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Dec 05, 2007 11:55:46 am
      Not one word after Roma's loss to the Manc's last season as there? The world is fine as long as the Scum are winning. Cheap b**tards
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #11: Dec 05, 2007 11:57:17 am
      What a load of Bollocks they will try anything to tarnish our good name wont they?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #12: Dec 05, 2007 12:46:40 pm
      I cant believe im reading this! Honestly have we ever filled the pages for the press as much as we have this past month? UEFA said it was inter toto games and uefa cup qualifiers not group games in the champ league .We won that fair and square and if it was the mancs or arsenal it would be no question asked but us nah it must be fixed. F**kin wa**ers I posted here a few weeks back that I was no longer reading Liverpool stories in any newspapers and this is exactly why. They are full of sh*t and lies.

Two fingers to the lot of them and when were lifting cups in May they should be told to stick there interview requests up there arse.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #13: Dec 05, 2007 01:01:49 pm
      I cant believe im reading this! Honestly have we ever filled the pages for the press as much as we have this past month? UEFA said it was inter toto games and uefa cup qualifiers not group games in the champ league .We won that fair and square and if it was the mancs or arsenal it would be no question asked but us nah it must be fixed. F**kin wa**ers I posted here a few weeks back that I was no longer reading Liverpool stories in any newspapers and this is exactly why. They are full of sh*t and lies.

Two fingers to the lot of them and when were lifting cups in May they should be told to stick there interview requests up there arse.

Couldn't agree with you more Brian.....Well said.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #14: Dec 05, 2007 01:03:12 pm
      just heard that uefa have said they ARE NOT investigating this. Poxy papers

Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #15: Dec 05, 2007 01:48:45 pm
      just heard that uefa have said they ARE NOT investigating this. Poxy papers

Yeah, see my above post. Tut tut.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #16: Dec 05, 2007 02:42:38 pm
      Small-minded, uncreative, empty barrels come up with crap like this. We have been stomping the opposition even in the premiership league by a huge margin. Are those matches fixed too. Or is the can of ass-whuppin' we already have packaged for Marselle, fixed too? Its LFC, and we're the greatest.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #17: Dec 05, 2007 03:54:27 pm
      Yeah, see my above post. Tut tut.

sorry reep. im in work so cant open attatchments for some reason?
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #18: Dec 05, 2007 03:58:19 pm
      One day a paper is going to finally write something truthful and valuable for us to know about LFC ...and we won't believe a word of it!!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #19: Dec 05, 2007 04:14:14 pm
      One day a paper is going to finally write something truthful and valuable for us to know about LFC ...and we won't believe a word of it!!!

What, like when we win the league?  ;) Seriously though. I know what you mean. 'Never believe what you read in the papers' has never been a stronger statement than what it is for me these days.

What a load of rubbish.
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #20: Dec 05, 2007 07:37:26 pm
       I view ALL media with suspicion, the S*n isn't even good enough to use as lavie paper, i would'nt run the risk of having any of its sh*te articles rubbing off on my arse !! i very occasionaly read the daily mirror, it has a few decent hacks brian reade etc. but i'm increasingly alarmed by the anti-liverpool angle of their articles of late. there is definately some sort of anti-reds agenda in the print media and for obviousl reasons on sky sports as well. if sky screen a liverpool match i will record it and watch it later with the volume off as i can't stand that smarmy  hairy tw*t richard keys or the bitter moron and "everton legend" andy gray (whose career at EFC lasted only 18 months, so im told). Banging on about our rotation, while other teams "change" players, the rafa to be sacked and mourinio to be new LFC manager stories, the capello rumour and denial today; and on top of everything this match fixing bollox !! I bet their coverage of the March for Rafa was minimal. truly and utterly pathetic
      The only Papers i consider even remotly reliable are the Liverpool Echo and the mersyside and north wales daily post, though there are a few blues on their staff, i generally find their match reviews and stories well balanced and spot on. If anybody on here uses LFC POST have you ever noticed when a story pops up un SSN how quickly its picked up by  other football "news" websites. Sky sports does everything it can to undermine our glorious, honourable and succesfull club. In many ways we were left behind when the premiership was formed with regard to money, media coverage etc but i for one am proud we've never truly sold out and courted notariaty like the self styled "glamour clubs" like the chavs, manure, spurs et al and kept true to our principles as a family club. I think this is the reason the media, and in particular news corperation with its fountains of poison SSN, Sky Sports,S*n, & NOTW, really resent us and try to undermine us as a club and fans.
      F**k em all i say, JFT 96, YNWA
      As for the fairytale that this thread is discussing file it under silly season stoties, which for us lasts the whole footballing year.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #21: Dec 05, 2007 07:49:16 pm
      Link : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=499934&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

Michel Platini today confirmed that Liverpool's 8-0 thrashing of Besiktas in the Champions League is not part of UEFA's investigation into match fixing allegations.

The UEFA president admitted that online betting is becoming a major threat to the game and revealed he personally met with European police and politicians to assist with 'protecting the game'.

Speaking in Dublin today at the official launch of The Football Association of Ireland's new headquarters at the National Sports Campus, Platini expressed his concern at the vast sums of money bet on European games.

He insisted: "There is nothing in that (Liverpool v Besiktas) no, nothing.

"We have some games under investigation, and one is more important than the other.

"We have some teams but not a huge amount of games. But there is no national association and there are some clubs which come from the Intertoto Cup."

Platini added: "This is a big danger for football, but we have an early warning system, to protect the game against the amount of money coming from Asia, from betting.

"We are here to protect the game. I went to Brussels six months ago and came back one week ago to ask the European police to take care of the sport because there are so many things we cannot do anything about.

"The violence, the racism, the betting - there are many dangers for our sport so we asked to help.

"I asked the politicians in Europe to help us to protect our game too. But it is very complicated with illegal betting, very complicated to investigate.

"Who is responsible? The president? the club, the referee, the defender, the goalkeeper, the forward? Who can you go to see who is responsible?

"It is very complicated but we need to get a solution with the politicians or police. It is a huge problem with the sport."

Platini also revealed he has not been

Topic now locked.
      Shame on the people who read, post or even mention the rag that this story developed.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #22: Dec 05, 2007 10:24:33 pm
      Just as an aside this was originallly mentioned by a German newspaper and I already rubbished it last night on the site.

Quick Reply