Trending Topics

We Are Top Of The League

Read 24528 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Re: We Are Top Of The League
      Reply #161: Jan 14, 2024 11:23:19 pm
      When you think where this team is despite all the time first choice players have missed due to injury, suspension and international duty, including just now, it is pretty remarkable what the group has accomplished.

I don't doubt it will be a close fight all the way to the end, but to me this team is pretty clearly in with a shout.

You should believe in this team.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,938 posts | 830 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #162: Jan 15, 2024 12:41:30 pm
      Stay on top till the City game, whoop their asses at Anfield and I will really really start believing.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,900 posts | 704 
      Reply #163: Jan 19, 2024 01:54:06 pm
      Quote from KeepTheFaith
      Quite simply they have more money to have a better squad but we have mentality and the klopp

We have done what seemed impossible, we bridged a gap with far less resources and the title regardless would go all the way

keep the faith

Twelve months ago you were demanding Jürgen's head after the Brighton trip because he can't adapt tactically, insisting in post after post that Rafa return here and save us from ourselves. Thankfully cool heads prevailed to keep the faith, and now Jürgen has us top of the league. God knows where we would be if Rafa was in charge. I know it wouldn't be top anyway.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #164: Jan 20, 2024 12:56:22 pm
      Twelve months ago you were demanding Jürgen's head after the Brighton trip because he can't adapt tactically, insisting in post after post that Rafa return here and save us from ourselves. Thankfully cool heads prevailed to keep the faith, and now Jürgen has us top of the league. God knows where we would be if Rafa was in charge. I know it wouldn't be top anyway.

See the old you pops out now and then with more anti-Rafa sh*te.

F***ing do one you poisonous Irish super mutant.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #165: Jan 20, 2024 01:02:20 pm

Not really sure what Rafa has got to do with Jürgen klopp or our position in the league. And I don't recall anybody shouting for Jürgen to go and Rafa to come in.

Rafa will always be a legend here, just like Jürgen.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,315 posts | 3404 
      Reply #166: Jan 21, 2024 09:23:36 pm
      Still there.

And we're clear by 5 points, which means we're guaranteed to be top going in February.

GUARANTEED
      RedWilly

• 9,234 posts | 1655 
      Reply #167: Jan 22, 2024 04:55:15 am

Weirdo
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,641 posts | 1824 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #168: Jan 22, 2024 08:13:47 am
      When you think where this team is despite all the time first choice players have missed due to injury, suspension and international duty, including just now, it is pretty remarkable what the group has accomplished.

I don't doubt it will be a close fight all the way to the end, but to me this team is pretty clearly in with a shout.

You should believe in this team.

At least 8 1st team starters missing last night. Yet pundits really only mentioned Trent and Salah being missing. L o l
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,024 posts | 5058 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #169: Jan 22, 2024 08:43:56 am
      At least 8 1st team starters missing last night. Yet pundits really only mentioned Trent and Salah being missing. L o l

We’re having a f***in belting season, but do you know what? I’m looking at the bigger picture…. And how this particular version of Liverpool under Jürgen….is just getting started…we had what 6/7 years of Klopp pt 1, and we won the f***in lot…. It took 1-2 seasons for him to build that team up…but aside from last season when it had clearly ran its course….it has taken him less than 3 months to develop a side that are already in contention to be Champions again….. isn’t that just incredible??….but I’m betting not one of those f***in tw*ts in the media will even think of that….it’s all about the Fraudsters and f***in cheque book Chuckie and how wonderful they are and all waxing lyrical of how fabulous and fantastic they are, f***in makes you sick doesn’t it !!!!

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,641 posts | 1824 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #170: Jan 22, 2024 09:30:08 am

We’re having a f***in belting season, but do you know what? I’m looking at the bigger picture…. And how this particular version of Liverpool under Jürgen….is just getting started…we had what 6/7 years of Klopp pt 1, and we won the f***in lot…. It took 1-2 seasons for him to build that team up…but aside from last season when it had clearly ran its course….it has taken him less than 3 months to develop a side that are already in contention to be Champions again….. isn’t that just incredible??….but I’m betting not one of those f***in tw*ts in the media will even think of that….it’s all about the Fraudsters and f***in cheque book Chuckie and how wonderful they are and all waxing lyrical of how fabulous and fantastic they are, f***in makes you sick doesn’t it !!!!

YNWA

Your right, but I'd argue he has been building a lot of this squad for longer. I.e. the youth lads who are stepping up this season. They have been developed over past few years.

And yes, the standard pundits etc. won't mention this. Journos that appear on LFC TV press box are generally pretty complimentary and notice more details. But TV guy's are rubbish. L o l
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,939 posts | 6851 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #171: Jan 22, 2024 10:00:29 pm

YNWA

Absolutely mate, makes me sick to the core.

To this day, I still haven't watched those cu*ts lift a single Cup they have won with their oil money. Want to vomit, so I turn away or quickly flick the channel.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,900 posts | 704 
      Reply #172: Jan 24, 2024 03:27:09 pm
      Quote from Don77
      Not really sure what Rafa has got to do with Jürgen klopp or our position in the league. And I don't recall anybody shouting for Jürgen to go and Rafa to come in.

It has nothing to do with it whatsoever. 12 months ago, we lost at Brighton, and the relevant poster was demanding that Rafa replace Jürgen. All the posts are still there in that match thread.

Thankfully the club ignored him, and Jürgen kept his job.
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #173: Jan 25, 2024 12:25:13 pm
      Last season...City...28...5.. .5...89pts.....1st
      us...................... ..19...9...10..67pts.... .5th

Currently...US 48pts..them..43pts..GIH.

Neck and neck, to close to call and one or two ref decisions could easily be the deciding factor. Joint favourites I'd say. No point in if's and but's, just let the Boss and the team do their thing and see what we get from the refs.
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #174: Jan 25, 2024 01:04:43 pm
      Seasons corrupted already. Everton & Forrest docked points while City have charges going back 7/8 years and no action taken against them. Their charge sheet is longer than the average bog roll and has the same smell on it. Does anybody really believe City will get done.

We've effectively had points docked by VAR screw up. Nobody was really punished over that.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,399 posts | 3541 
      Reply #175: Jan 25, 2024 02:57:41 pm
      Seasons corrupted already. Everton & Forrest docked points while City have charges going back 7/8 years and no action taken against them. Their charge sheet is longer than the average bog roll and has the same smell on it. Does anybody really believe City will get done.

We've effectively had points docked by VAR screw up. Nobody was really punished over that.

Everton and Forest haven’t had points docked from their current charge

And the investigation for the charges is still on going with the independent panel

And teams throughout history have had many ref decisions go against them - it happens
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #176: Jan 25, 2024 03:48:08 pm
      Everton and Forest haven’t had points docked from their current charge

And the investigation for the charges is still on going with the independent panel

And teams throughout history have had many ref decisions go against them - it happens

Will yer let me moan will yer. Don't stop you moaning. I know the score with Everton & Forrest. I've a reasonably open mind on the refs etc and I've said we'll see how it pans out.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #177: Jan 26, 2024 05:01:21 pm
      We stay there.

Number 20 and  a couple of others for fun.

Time and Space to be distorted.

Set to Warp Factor Klopp.

Hold On.!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,315 posts | 3404 
      Reply #178: Feb 02, 2024 03:33:32 pm
      Anyone noticed we're still top of the League?

Oh and we're still five points clear as well.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 924 posts | 156 
      Reply #179: Feb 02, 2024 07:28:21 pm
      Top...
      Top top....
      Top top top....
      Top of the Leaaaaaague!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,024 posts | 5058 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #180: Feb 03, 2024 09:43:49 am
      Anyone noticed we're still top of the League?

Oh and we're still five points clear as well.

Oh Wow, that’s good new isn’t it, imagine if it were the fraudsters tho, I mean, their hardly out of the spotlight as it is, but because it’s us, the media wankstains & dipshits still wax lyrical of how City can go on a 15 game unbeaten run and will still win the title, so are we suddenly gonna stop winning ye f***in melts ?

Oh and, did I mention that we’ve played 22 games, drawn 6, and won 15, 15, that’s a interesting figure, conveniently ignored by aforementioned wankstains & dipshits, the one game we did lose was a farcical mistake by the PGMOL, again conveniently and deliberately forgot about !!

IMAGINE BEING US !!!

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2024 09:53:13 am by billythered »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Reply #181: Feb 04, 2024 09:12:22 pm
      Still there lads.

Poor day for us but still there.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #182: Feb 04, 2024 09:14:52 pm
      Still there lads.

Poor day for us but still there.

Need favors now though or to win 15 on the spin. Not sure which is more likely.

Tough trips to united who are improving , Everton who are fighting at the bottom, villa who are strong and west ham to come as well. Can't afford any more of those performances. Brentford away and forest away where we lost last season as well.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,939 posts | 6851 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #183: Feb 04, 2024 09:17:23 pm
      Ivan Toney Hattrick please

Quick Reply