Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

We Are Top Of The League

Read 18069 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Re: We Are Top Of The League
      Reply #230: Mar 03, 2024 05:37:33 pm
      Another weekend done and we're still top.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,028 posts | 529 
      Reply #231: Mar 03, 2024 05:47:06 pm
      Another weekend done and we're still top.

Yeah, going into the City game on top puts the pressure on them. At Anfield, we are favourites as far as I'm concerned, fancy us to win (albeit would be nice to get Mo back this week).

Never got my hopes up about Utd taking anything off them today, even at 1-0, offered nothing beyond parking the bus. City'll find us a different proposition.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #232: Mar 03, 2024 08:29:36 pm
      What a game this is next Sunday. Win it and we can win the title. A draw wouldn't kill us but would take it out of our own hands. It's a massive massive game. Fingers crossed we can get Endo and Mo back for this one plus another week of training and minutes for Szobo.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #233: Mar 03, 2024 09:03:33 pm
      Battered by injuries but still top. We'll have a day's less rest and an away trip to Prague to factor in ahead of the game next Sunday, whereas City have a dead rubber at home to Copenhagen. Really hoping Endo and Mo are in contention and that travel does not overly impact us. I'm sure the significance of the game and the atmosphere will be tonic for tired legs.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #234: Mar 03, 2024 09:08:31 pm
      Need the atmosphere to be special again next week. Go in with everything we’ve got.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #235: Mar 03, 2024 09:11:31 pm
      Of course Arsenal will move forward with us and City tomorrow and likely move well clear on the GD front.

City will be thinking they got the first part of their trilogy done today. Beat us and Arsenal over the next two games and they won't be caught.

Up to us to raise our game at Anfield and beat them. We can do it but we'll need a hell of a performance and the crowd will have to be on top form.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #236: Mar 03, 2024 09:32:58 pm
      Battered by injuries but still top. We'll have a day's less rest and an away trip to Prague to factor in ahead of the game next Sunday, whereas City have a dead rubber at home to Copenhagen. Really hoping Endo and Mo are in contention and that travel does not overly impact us. I'm sure the significance of the game and the atmosphere will be tonic for tired legs.

Think we have to go in light on Thursday. If we go into the return leg 1 or 2 goals down we can give it a good go at turning that around but we should be resting a good few for City.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #237: Mar 03, 2024 09:33:12 pm
      At the start of the Season, if you told me we would be Top come the 2nd week of March, I'd have believed you!

Jürgen made me Believe!  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Get the fuckkkk innn...let's extend the gap at the Top, this weekend!!!
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #238: Mar 03, 2024 09:50:49 pm
      At the start of the Season, if you told me we would be Top come the 2nd week of March, I'd have believed you!

"And if they didn't believe me, they believe me now"
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #239: Mar 03, 2024 10:23:35 pm
      Cannot be overstated the importance of next Sunday , an absolute season defining game , win it and I feel the momentum will carry us through to seasons end , we will need our A game for sure and everyone to be at it and on it from first whistle to last , come on you reds , hopefully no new niggles this week and get Mo back firing .
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #240: Mar 03, 2024 10:27:48 pm
      Cannot be overstated the importance of next Sunday , an absolute season defining game , win it and I feel the momentum will carry us through to seasons end , we will need our A game for sure and everyone to be at it and on it from first whistle to last , come on you reds , hopefully no new niggles this week and get Mo back firing .
      Whoever wins it, wins the league.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #241: Mar 03, 2024 10:36:44 pm
      Draw not a disaster would still.be well in it with them playing each other still and with the key personnel missing Trent ,Jota ,Ali and probably Mo from.start I am not going to lie would take a  draw now
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #242: Mar 04, 2024 10:54:28 am
      Liverpool at Anfield beat anyone and everyone.

We've seen it so many times down the years just how strong we are at home, especially in games where the pressure is on. Since the great Bill Shankly arrived at Anfield back in 59, City have only won 3 times here (one of which was when we didn't have any fans)

So I'm thinking about nothing other than a Liverpool win and ending their hopes of another League title.

And with just 10 games to after it, we're gonna be so difficult to stop - give that half of those games are at our fortress teams will need us to slip up twice in the five away games we have.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #243: Mar 04, 2024 11:03:26 am
      Liverpool at Anfield beat anyone and everyone.

We've seen it so many times down the years just how strong we are at home, especially in games where the pressure is on. Since the great Bill Shankly arrived at Anfield back in 59, City have only won 3 times here (one of which was when we didn't have any fans)

So I'm thinking about nothing other than a Liverpool win and ending their hopes of another League title.

And with just 10 games to after it, we're gonna be so difficult to stop - give that half of those games are at our fortress teams will need us to slip up twice in the five away games we have.

I always like yours contribution and many many times you are so objective.

Hope you are right. Ynwa
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #244: Mar 04, 2024 11:11:31 am
      I always like yours contribution and many many times you are so objective.

Hope you are right. Ynwa

Cheers mate but I wouldn't say I'm objective. :laugh:

Google's definition "(of a person or their judgement) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts."

I am very much inluenced by personal feelings and opinions when it comes to Liverpool Football Club. I'm a biased c**t when it comes to our team.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #245: Mar 04, 2024 11:26:10 am
      Draw not a disaster would still.be well in it with them playing each other still and with the key personnel missing Trent ,Jota ,Ali and probably Mo from.start I am not going to lie would take a  draw now
      If we're one down going into extra time I'd be chuffed with a draw....but Reds at Anfield we should fear no one and go for the win......Any negative tactics like Utd. yesterday and we'll come unstuck, got to put them on the back foot...Far from easy, but we need to be brave and go after them.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #246: Mar 04, 2024 11:40:20 am
      Cheers mate but I wouldn't say I'm objective. :laugh:

Google's definition "(of a person or their judgement) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts."

I am very much inluenced by personal feelings and opinions when it comes to Liverpool Football Club. I'm a biased c**t when it comes to our team.

Everyone is but you stay as objective as possible.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #247: Mar 04, 2024 12:00:47 pm
      If we're one down going into extra time I'd be chuffed with a draw....but Reds at Anfield we should fear no one and go for the win......Any negative tactics like Utd. yesterday and we'll come unstuck, got to put them on the back foot...Far from easy, but we need to be brave and go after them.

I agree not said anything about how we play or being biased saying we will win . Of course we can and there is now way we sit back.but I also like to think I know about the game and as stated at the.end and if.its a draw it would.not be a disaster with the position it would keep us in
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 298 
      Reply #248: Mar 04, 2024 12:05:57 pm
      Think we have to go in light on Thursday. If we go into the return leg 1 or 2 goals down we can give it a good go at turning that around but we should be resting a good few for City.

I agree that we need to start on Thursday with a relatively inexperienced team but it can also help us to improve the fitness of some of the injured players. Hopefully Mo and Szoboszlai are fit to come on as subs for 30min at the end of game to build their match fitness. Maybe Nunez can start and come of at 45 or 60mins.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #249: Mar 04, 2024 12:13:48 pm

& now you're gonna believe us and now you're gonna believe ussssssssssssssssss.

We top the league in March!!!!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #250: Mar 04, 2024 02:11:16 pm
      I agree that we need to start on Thursday with a relatively inexperienced team but it can also help us to improve the fitness of some of the injured players. Hopefully Mo and Szoboszlai are fit to come on as subs for 30min at the end of game to build their match fitness. Maybe Nunez can start and come of at 45 or 60mins.
      You are correct inasmuch as a draw wouldn't be a disaster....But you did say you'd take a point now, before a ball has been kicked, that's a tad defeatist to me.....I know what you mean though, it wouldn't be the end of the World.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,128 posts | 83 
      Reply #251: Mar 04, 2024 04:19:39 pm
      I just do not see it. The main premise of our quest for #20 was always to stay healthy. That failed. Look here how much we ride on luck the last weeks: https://understat.com/league/EPL. It will be City again. Even at Anfield Google’s AI has City favoured to win. Now, that does not mean to give up, to the contrary. Give it all and see where it leads us because there is always a chance. But I feel it is important to keep perspective. For the future I still hope for new owners to give the manager enough to compete with City toe-to-toe and not just with miracles needed.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #252: Mar 04, 2024 04:26:50 pm
      You are correct inasmuch as a draw wouldn't be a disaster....But you did say you'd take a point now, before a ball has been kicked, that's a tad defeatist to me.....I know what you mean though, it wouldn't be the end of the World.

No I just like to take a rounded view and unbiased view assessing all the situations realism.I think.it is called

Quick Reply