Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

We Are Top Of The League

Read 24522 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,024 posts | 5058 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: We Are Top Of The League
      Reply #184: Feb 05, 2024 06:29:00 am
      Need favors now though or to win 15 on the spin. Not sure which is more likely.

Tough trips to united who are improving , Everton who are fighting at the bottom, villa who are strong and west ham to come as well. Can't afford any more of those performances. Brentford away and forest away where we lost last season as well.

Yh, it’s all doom & gloom isn’t it, I dunno but maybe Jürgen reads these pages and after a while has decided Nah, I’m off, I’ve drummed it into these ppl about doubter’s & believers but alas after 81/2 years they still are in doubt !!

YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,397 posts | 1547 
      Reply #185: Feb 05, 2024 09:33:04 am
      WTF. Bad day out. City and Arse will lose games as well. We are still in it. Do you think either of the others would be where we are, if they had the injuries we've had. Not a F***ing chance.
      Keep the faith, were gonna win the quad this year, and F**k off all the doubters.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #186: Feb 05, 2024 12:08:23 pm
      Were not that busy in Feb. Have Burnley H on 10th.Then Brentford A on 17th. Then league Cup final on 25th. Have one more game in Feb tba. Which is the FA Cup.

So should be fresh and ready to go on a run. Mo should be back soon and squad should be up for the challenge. Send Jürgen off with a trophy or two..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,582 posts | 6459 
      Reply #187: Feb 05, 2024 01:08:13 pm
      Do people really believe that City is going to win every game? The chances of that are slim. They are going to drop points and they may very well drop 3 to us (which will be like 6). Don't think there's any reason to panic. Pressure is on them because right now we've not been beat when we have 11 men on the pitch.
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #188: Feb 05, 2024 09:25:42 pm
      Mancheater C up 2-1 at Brentford. Have a go Frank.Just get men forward, Prob just sit back invite City to pick them off. Brentford are having a go, nothing to lose and had 2 decent chances...just a Foden get his hat trick.1-3
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2024 09:31:55 pm by Harrisimo »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,397 posts | 1547 
      Reply #189: Feb 07, 2024 11:07:04 am
      It's not in our hands any more. City win their game in hand and they go top. They will of course drop more points before the end of the season, but will it be more than us  :( F***ing hope so. Especially when we play them at ours.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,687 posts | 2902 
      Reply #190: Feb 07, 2024 12:20:07 pm
      It's not in our hands any more. City win their game in hand and they go top. They will of course drop more points before the end of the season, but will it be more than us  :( F***ing hope so. Especially when we play them at ours.

It’s in our hands as if we beat City and win all our other games there’s no way City can finish above us.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,938 posts | 830 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #191: Feb 07, 2024 12:37:05 pm
      While we might not be at the top for as long as we had hoped it is still in our hands.

City are our main competitor not Arsenal, we beat City and we can take the initiative again and then it is up to us to do the rest.

Arsenal will have moments where injuries crop up as they have with us and City, so honestly think while we gave up ground to City we can make it up if we beat them.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Reply #192: Feb 07, 2024 01:25:15 pm
      City won't win every game I don't think. Their form this season doesn't suggest they're as anywhere near consistent as they have been previously.

Saying that they still are capable of going on a run right to the end of the season.

I think we need to beat them to give ourselves a chance.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #193: Feb 07, 2024 01:29:01 pm
      While we might not be at the top for as long as we had hoped it is still in our hands.

City are our main competitor not Arsenal, we beat City and we can take the initiative again and then it is up to us to do the rest.

Arsenal will have moments where injuries crop up as they have with us and City, so honestly think while we gave up ground to City we can make it up if we beat them.
      Truth is baring in mind the midfield rebuild in the summer, most of us didn't honestly expect us to be in with a sniff of the league ( oddly enough I did )...It's a bit of a bonus to be in the conversation....let's see how it plays out.
      BTW Arsenal have got injuries now, ie Jesus and Tomiyasu were both unavailable to play against us at the weekend.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,938 posts | 830 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #194: Feb 07, 2024 01:36:43 pm
      Truth is baring in mind the midfield rebuild in the summer, most of us didn't honestly expect us to be in with a sniff of the league ( oddly enough I did )...It's a bit of a bonus to be in the conversation....let's see how it plays out.
      BTW Arsenal have got injuries now, ie Jesus and Tomiyasu were both unavailable to play against us at the weekend.

I mean to the level we have had, Jesus nor Tomyasu would have made much of a difference to the game we played, if anything I think Havertz caused us more problems than Jesus would have.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #195: Feb 07, 2024 11:54:18 pm
      I mean to the level we have had, Jesus nor Tomyasu would have made much of a difference to the game we played, if anything I think Havertz caused us more problems than Jesus would have.
      No one cares....It's in the past. I was just pointing out to the OP that Arsenal had injuries....as I say not one person on the good Earth gives a monkeys.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #196: Feb 08, 2024 09:46:09 am
      I think those without hope in their hearts will be assuming that City will win all their games including our head to head with them. The conclusion is that we have already lost the league. Even if our head to head ends in a draw, City would walk away with the title.

So for those without any hope, just give up now… just as many did at HT in Istanbul, while the rest of us walk on. And so if we do win it, come back and join us in celebrating. Will be here to listen to you say “see, I knew we’d win it.”
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #197: Feb 08, 2024 08:09:29 pm
      I think those without hope in their hearts will be assuming that City will win all their games including our head to head with them. The conclusion is that we have already lost the league. Even if our head to head ends in a draw, City would walk away with the title.

So for those without any hope, just give up now… just as many did at HT in Istanbul, while the rest of us walk on. And so if we do win it, come back and join us in celebrating. Will be here to listen to you say “see, I knew we’d win it.”
      "So for those without any hope, just give up now"...There aren't any LFC supporters who don't have hope...all of us hope we win every game. But there are fans who think perhaps we might not pip City to the title, that's their prerogative....it doesn't mean they are any less of a supporter than you pronounce yourself to be...We all hope, and want for the same thing....Liverpool FC success.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 290 
      Reply #198: Feb 09, 2024 04:37:25 pm
      The question is will we match/better City's run, I'm not sure it's a tough ask and City chew through the wins year after year at this stage...that said I'm not unhappy with where we are, we've had a complete midfield rebuild and been racked with injuries.
      I'm certainly not writing us off for the league for one moment, I'd pretty much give anything for us to win the league BUT if for instance we made the top four, won the League Cup and the Europa League (a comp Klopp hasn't won) I'd be made up still certainly after last season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,397 posts | 1547 
      Reply #199: Feb 09, 2024 09:35:07 pm
      It’s in our hands as if we beat City and win all our other games there’s no way City can finish above us.

Of course 👍
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,582 posts | 297 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #200: Feb 11, 2024 02:59:32 am
      Back top.

As long as it’s still in our hands, I remain confident. But we need players back and to stay fit.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,024 posts | 5058 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #201: Feb 11, 2024 10:02:31 am
      We’ve seen before that when the CL mid week games return City have floundered at times, dropping unexpected points, it’s entirely possible this trend will continue, so even IF they overcame us in the Big One in March it’s not a given that the league will be done & dusted, but you all know what it’s gonna be like, all the pundits will have hard on’s for City telling us all ‘We told you so’ ,

I’m getting to the point where muting the tv/radio is the only way to escape this Brainwashing we all suffer from on a daily basis, I’m sick of it all, don’t get me wrong, you’d have to a complete idiot not to recognise good football when you see it and they do play very good football, but their not the be all and end all of football teams are they ??

It’s looking like no other team matters, or what they do, and any coverage of their accomplishments minor or otherwise they always revert back to what City have done or what their doing or what they are likely to do,

we’ve been top for a while now, and since the season’s start we haven’t yet reached our peak, yet we still pick points even when we at times haven’t deserved them, but but but, City will go on a 15 game winning streak, as if that’s a annual event and all,of a sudden we won’t be picking up those points undeserved or not, and City will sail off into the distance with another scrupulously win EPL title ??

It’s everywhere you turn, tv, radio,social media, City get rammed down yer f***in throat, even f***in Carra is at it, he can’t see past them either, and don’t, just don’t mention his side kick f***in Rat Boy Neville either, if you keep uttering the same inane bullshit you will eventually believe it yourself, that’s punditry for you, that’s what we suffer from every f***in day of every f***in week, and they all come out with the same f***in sh*te, …..

…..remember those dolls you could get that you pull a string and it spurts out the same shitty fu**ed up rant every time that’s what I’m on about……

….F**k OFF !!!     MUTED !!

YNWA
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #202: Feb 11, 2024 10:53:46 am
      We’ve seen before that when the CL mid week games return City have floundered at times, dropping unexpected points, it’s entirely possible this trend will continue, so even IF they overcame us in the Big One in March it’s not a given that the league will be done & dusted, but you all know what it’s gonna be like, all the pundits will have hard on’s for City telling us all ‘We told you so’ ,

I’m getting to the point where muting the tv/radio is the only way to escape this Brainwashing we all suffer from on a daily basis, I’m sick of it all, don’t get me wrong, you’d have to a complete idiot not to recognise good football when you see it and they do play very good football, but their not the be all and end all of football teams are they ??

It’s looking like no other team matters, or what they do, and any coverage of their accomplishments minor or otherwise they always revert back to what City have done or what their doing or what they are likely to do,

we’ve been top for a while now, and since the season’s start we haven’t yet reached our peak, yet we still pick points even when we at times haven’t deserved them, but but but, City will go on a 15 game winning streak, as if that’s a annual event and all,of a sudden we won’t be picking up those points undeserved or not, and City will sail off into the distance with another scrupulously win EPL title ??

It’s everywhere you turn, tv, radio,social media, City get rammed down yer f***in throat, even f***in Carra is at it, he can’t see past them either, and don’t, just don’t mention his side kick f***in Rat Boy Neville either, if you keep uttering the same inane bullshit you will eventually believe it yourself, that’s punditry for you, that’s what we suffer from every f***in day of every f***in week, and they all come out with the same f***in sh*te, …..

…..remember those dolls you could get that you pull a string and it spurts out the same shitty fu**ed up rant every time that’s what I’m on about……

….F**k OFF !!!     MUTED !!

YNWA
      The media obsession with City is just repetitious, boring and lazy. It doesn't get to me, I just ignore it, treating it with the contempt it deserves. We're all different, fair enough you are irritated by it, whereas I just let it sail over my head as mindless drivel.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #203: Feb 12, 2024 12:08:54 pm
      We can safely say that if we win it, the opinion is that City made a mistake. But if they win it, it was expected and an obvious outcome.

It’s like when Michael Phelps lost the 200m fly gold to Chad le Clos at the 2012 London Olympics. It was MP who made a mistake and not how good Chad’s strong finishing was.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,315 posts | 3404 
      Reply #204: Feb 12, 2024 02:34:09 pm
      14 games to go and we're top of the table.

Not bad for a season that was written off long before the season even started.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,785 posts | 3958 
      Reply #205: Feb 12, 2024 03:30:16 pm
      14 games to go and we're top of the table.

Not bad for a season that was written off long before the season even started.

I’m managing my expectations, it’s absolutely amazing that we’re in the mix but just can’t see us getting results against city, United and Spurs.

Hope I’m F***ing wrong! Come on you reds!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,399 posts | 3541 
      Reply #206: Feb 12, 2024 04:35:46 pm
      I’m managing my expectations, it’s absolutely amazing that we’re in the mix but just can’t see us getting results against city, United and Spurs.

Hope I’m F***ing wrong! Come on you reds!

I would be more worried if you were positive about the upcoming games 😉

Two at home and one at the dump

Quick Reply