Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Is English officiating corrupt?

Read 72202 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Re: Is English officiating corrupt?
      Reply #1196: Mar 10, 2024 05:55:53 pm
      Coote again. I said it pre-match. It's not corrupt lads. You lads keep believing that. They just made a mistaaaaaaake. All fcuking 3 of them. They didn't want to give it because they don't want us to win the league. End of fcuking story. Fcuk off you bent bas*Ards.  Twice now in the big ones at home they've had us off. We'd be well clear now.
      Stoertebembel
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts | 69 
      Reply #1197: Mar 10, 2024 05:57:25 pm
       Is English officiating corrupt?
      YES
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,627 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1198: Mar 10, 2024 06:05:11 pm

Says it all.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #1199: Mar 10, 2024 06:12:27 pm

Says whoever plays us gets these free passes. Unintentional and natural coming together.

If the shirts were swapped, the ref and var will surely deal with it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #1200: Mar 10, 2024 06:17:30 pm

Looks like the ball is hitting his arm too 😂
      Jimsouse67

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #1201: Mar 10, 2024 06:30:52 pm
      Well it certainly isnā€™t honest.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,133 posts | 2137 
      Reply #1202: Mar 10, 2024 06:32:25 pm
      In fairness to Oliver, he's got his mid week side hustle of refereeing UAE league games to look after so he wouldn't have wanted to upset his paymasters.

Corrupt or not - how the F**k is that allowed? How is it not a conflict of interest when your paymasters are also the owners of a club you regularly officiate? Rank rotten from the FA and Premier League to allow that.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #1203: Mar 10, 2024 06:39:01 pm
      Boot to the chest,pen all day long,the fact he never sent the ref to the monitor for a 2nd look says it all,thats not being incompetent,or making a mistake,he did not want us to have a pen,bent b***ard.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,133 posts | 2137 
      Reply #1204: Mar 10, 2024 06:48:13 pm
      Stuart Attwell was your man on VAR for that decision. His decision was that Doku 'challenged in a reasonable position'. Because a high foot in kung fu kick height is 'reasonable'.

We all know how abysmal a referee Attwell is on the pitch. But he's an even worse one off it. Remember these are England's "top referees".

I shudder to think how bad the rest must be if this calamity of a human being is

I reckon the likes of Attwell and English refereeing in general is a fine representation of the malaise that has taken over this country from top to bottom. In any sane nation, where standards are sought and upheld, those individuals wouldn't be allowed near a football pitch. And yet they're doing it - in front of a global audience of hundreds of millions and doing it like that. Stuart Attwell - deary F***ing me.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,253 posts | 3500 
      Reply #1205: Mar 10, 2024 06:51:18 pm
      Attwell bottled it - simple as that , if thatā€™s in the 30th minute he is asking Oliver to the screen
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,133 posts | 2137 
      Reply #1206: Mar 10, 2024 06:54:01 pm
      Attwell bottled it - simple as that , if thatā€™s in the 30th minute he is asking Oliver to the screen

You're probably right. If it's Nottingham Forest or Fulham at Anfield then he's probably getting sent to the screen. It really does highlight their lack of spine and conviction though qualities that are pre requisites for actually being a good referee. He simple shouldn't be refereeing at this level.
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 56 
      Reply #1207: Mar 10, 2024 06:54:26 pm
      You'll not get a clearer penalty than that all season.Corrupt as F**k
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,482 posts | 825 
      Reply #1208: Mar 10, 2024 06:55:14 pm
      In real time I didn't see it clearly as a pen, presumably neither did the ref....but looking at that still, surely the VAR ops have to send him to the monitor to take another look....had he seen that picture I think he has to give it. Why wasn't he directed to review it again?...I don't know...other than sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, and that's why the system doesn't work. All pen claims should be reviewed, or none should be  reviewed.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #1209: Mar 10, 2024 06:57:00 pm
      Well it certainly isnā€™t honest.

That's the thing.  You just can't call that honest.  You hit the nail on the head.  The minimum the ref gets sent to the screen for FFS. 
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,255 posts | 1228 
      Reply #1210: Mar 10, 2024 06:59:45 pm
      I thought it was a clear pen when I first saw it, being of the opinion that a high Kung Fu style boot to the chest constitutes dangerous foul play. Anywhere else on the pitch and it's a foul and yellow card minimum. The fact is the ref and VAR bottled it because it was late in the game in a high stakes encounter.
      Harrisimo

• 8,424 posts | 1439 
      Reply #1211: Mar 10, 2024 07:17:39 pm
      That Doku 'tackle' was at the very least as much a penalty as the Nunez one. It was loaded decision by Oliver. Could make the slight argument that Oliver saw it from behind Macca but VAR took a quick look and came up with the line................"IT WAS A COMING TOGETHER...."..........work that one out..

It's not a conspiracy it's just petty bias. And what's more I think this sort of decision played a small part in Klopp's decision to take time out and he said it himself..after LFC I will " never manage another English club"
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,482 posts | 825 
      Reply #1212: Mar 10, 2024 07:18:06 pm
      I thought it was a clear pen when I first saw it, being of the opinion that a high Kung Fu style boot to the chest constitutes dangerous foul play. Anywhere else on the pitch and it's a foul and yellow card minimum. The fact is the ref and VAR bottled it because it was late in the game in a high stakes encounter.
      Probably just that...Cacked himself.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #1213: Mar 10, 2024 07:24:23 pm
      Look at Curtisā€™ red, look at this and tell me how Curtisā€™ foul is any more ā€œavoidableā€ or any more dangerous.

Itā€™s bullshit plain and simple. Didnā€™t have the F***ing guys to make a game changing call (the RIGHT one mind you) against City.

Sorry but to me, thatā€™s the definition of corrupt.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,482 posts | 825 
      Reply #1214: Mar 10, 2024 07:25:13 pm
      That Doku 'tackle' was at the very least as much a penalty as the Nunez one. It was loaded decision by Oliver. Could make the slight argument that Oliver saw it from behind Macca but VAR took a quick look and came up with the line................"IT WAS A COMING TOGETHER...."..........work that one out..

It's not a conspiracy it's just petty bias. And what's more I think this sort of decision played a small part in Klopp's decision to take time out and he said it himself..after LFC I will " never manage another English club"
      Baring in mind the colossal ramifications, VAR needed to refer it back to the monitor...it's not for them to re-ref the incident and form an opinion. Has the player caught Mac?...Yes...at that point it's down to the on field ref to make the call. Truthfully in real time I couldn't make out what happened....How could I?....I could hardly breathe.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #1215: Mar 10, 2024 07:26:45 pm
      Klopp on Doku high boot on Mac Allister: ā€œItā€™s a penalty for all football people on the planet.ā€
      Harrisimo

• 8,424 posts | 1439 
      Reply #1216: Mar 10, 2024 07:29:06 pm
      We saw it with Chelsea at Anfield. Tierney was the ref and they tried to play the ref, play up to his perceived bias. They fell over 3/4 times. But Tierney saw through their sly con trick and gave them nothing.

But other Refs might 'play along'. Doku saw Macca closing in on him and went in boot first...sometimes called.." going over the top"...and Jones was sent off for skimming over the ball...well in that context...Doku was in FRIGGIN' ORBIT..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #1217: Mar 10, 2024 07:29:30 pm
      Also on replay, looks like the ball hit Mac first too. Good lord the more I watch it the worse it gets.
      Harrisimo

• 8,424 posts | 1439 
      Reply #1218: Mar 10, 2024 07:33:16 pm
      Baring in mind the colossal ramifications, VAR needed to refer it back to the monitor...it's not for them to re-ref the incident and form an opinion. Has the player caught Mac?...Yes...at that point it's down to the on field ref to make the call. Truthfully in real time I couldn't make out what happened....How could I?....I could hardly breathe.

Has to pass the 'clear and obvious error' rule. That WAS an error by Oliver. And should've been sent to the monitor. On seeing it Oliver would've given a penalty. They cheated or bottled it for reasons known only to themselves.

Quick Reply