Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Is English officiating corrupt?

Read 61213 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Re: Is English officiating corrupt?
      Reply #1219: Mar 10, 2024 08:02:49 pm
      Has to pass the 'clear and obvious error' rule. That WAS an error by Oliver. And should've been sent to the monitor. On seeing it Oliver would've given a penalty. They cheated or bottled it for reasons known only to themselves.
      It's not cheated OR bottled it...It's they bottled it, and in doing so, actually cheated....Though I don't think the primary thought was an intention to cheat.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #1220: Mar 10, 2024 08:13:49 pm
      Said it in the match thread - the fact we had two clear penalties not given against our two title rivals leaves a really sour taste in the mouth.

Title race would be looking a whole lot different right now if the correct decisions had been made.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1221: Mar 10, 2024 08:33:44 pm
      Said it in the match thread - the fact we had two clear penalties not given against our two title rivals leaves a really sour taste in the mouth.

Title race would be looking a whole lot different right now if the correct decisions had been made.

We would have had two more points from Spurs and maybe three more from the Odengaard handball penalty which was not given due to obviously - unintentional.

Unintentional is a convenient card to play for VAR and refs to make any call they like. It’s destroying the game.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #1222: Mar 10, 2024 09:23:22 pm
      This is a huge problem as VAR are dictating the title.  That worry's me it just can't do that.  I know there may be some if and buts,  but my calculations and we could be stung by potentially about 10 points with more than a quarter of the season to go.   In a tight season that could be the difference between winning the title and not getting top 4 or thereabouts.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1223: Mar 10, 2024 11:17:50 pm

" Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off"

That's the letter of the law relating to foul play. Explain how that Doku tackle DOES NOT endanger MacAllister.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #1224: Mar 10, 2024 11:19:32 pm
      It wasn't a 1000000% error but there's no doubt in my mind the ref and the VAR sh*t themselves and bottled it.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #1225: Mar 10, 2024 11:23:08 pm
      Personally I don't think it was a penalty, it would be very soft.

HOWEVER. THEIR GOAL SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISALLOWED

Ake BLOCKED MacAllister and pulled his shirt. It's ridiculous! We had a goal in the final disallowed for 'blocking' they are so inconsistent
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #1226: Mar 10, 2024 11:41:01 pm

Ake BLOCKED MacAllister and pulled his shirt. It's ridiculous! We had a goal in the final disallowed for 'blocking' they are so inconsistent

You've got it the wrong way round.

Never ever a foul against Mac Allister, he was eased out the area.

100% a pen on Mac Allister. You can't kick someone in the chest with your studs showing.

Pretty simple really.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #1227: Mar 10, 2024 11:52:24 pm
      If the whole of the officiating system isn’t, todays var official undoubtedly is.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #1228: Mar 11, 2024 01:35:11 am
      You've got it the wrong way round.

Never ever a foul against Mac Allister, he was eased out the area.

"Eased" with shirt pulling
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1229: Mar 11, 2024 02:33:20 am
      Blatant pen.

The c**t didn't even get called to the monitor to look coz Atwell was never gonna give us sh*t.

It's amazing how quickly OUR Var checks are completed as opposed to other Teams, especially when they are playing against us!!

They're doing their utmost to make sure we ain't winning the League!
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #1230: Mar 11, 2024 06:01:15 am
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      Reply #1231: Mar 11, 2024 06:45:08 am
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1232: Mar 11, 2024 07:19:10 am
      Reports out there that suggest Oliver could take up a lucrative contract in Saudia Arabia. Refs out there on a regular basis, Got to be conflict of interest.

For me the integrity of the competition is gone. There is no way of knowing if any Ref would be influenced under these circumstances.

The Doku tackle, according to the letter of the law, was a clear foul.

Think all this kind of stuff has had an influence on Klopp's decision. IMO. Once he's out of it and writes his book I wouldn't be surprised if he said as much.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #1233: Mar 11, 2024 07:44:14 am

Endo was offside in the final which was why it was disallowed
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1234: Mar 11, 2024 08:59:06 am
      It wasn't a 1000000% error but there's no doubt in my mind the ref and the VAR sh*t themselves and bottled it.

This makes more sense than saying its corrupt.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1235: Mar 11, 2024 09:22:33 am
      Blatant pen.

The c**t didn't even get called to the monitor to look coz Atwell was never gonna give us sh*t.

It's amazing how quickly OUR Var checks are completed as opposed to other Teams, especially when they are playing against us!!

They're doing their utmost to make sure we ain't winning the League!

That’s not how the league first marketed the idea of VAR. Remember the opposition that VAR would stop the flow of the game, the argument was it would give the benefit to all teams any missed judgement or calls. And VAR would benefit the game as a whole. Instead it is now destroying the game. It’s a joke.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      Reply #1236: Mar 11, 2024 09:39:00 am
      That’s not how the league first marketed the idea of VAR. Remember the opposition that VAR would stop the flow of the game, the argument was it would give the benefit to all teams any missed judgement or calls. And VAR would benefit the game as a whole. Instead it is now destroying the game. It’s a joke.

Spot on mate, it's a F***ing farce and we seem to be it's Number 1 target.
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #1237: Mar 11, 2024 10:15:47 am
      This makes more sense than saying its corrupt.

No it's corrupt. That's spurs , arsenal and city now as well as other games, Burnley away comes to mind.

If that's the complete opposite I guarantee Oliver would have been sent to the screen and presented with a still image of macca's studs in doku's chest. City would have won the game. Coote the c*nt always has us off ... this is the same fella who ignored pickfords assault on van dijk that took 12 months of his career and in the same game he disallowed Henderson last minute winning goal over 5 minutes after it was scored for an offside that wasn't but his 5 minute drawn dodgy lines made out mane was a mm offside. Corrupt c*nts. As I always say .... its in plain sight and var makes it even easier now for them, just say check complete and move on.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,485 posts | 217 
      Reply #1238: Mar 11, 2024 11:27:54 am
      Just don’t get some professional

“He didn’t make too much force and was pulling out of it”

“Mac him into him quickly”

“Was a natural position”

Can someone fcking tell me how a foot being chest high is a natural position for a football BOOT

He could have headed it but would have lost the 50-50 so used his boot. His foot is in a non natural position and catches another player even if they ran into him. All that matters his where his boot is and it’s a pen all day long, twice on a Sunday ffs

It’s a reckless place to put your foot and I know when the var show comes, they will admit the fault but some professionals have been shocking

“It was a 50-50 challenge, he got the ball first” that doesn’t F***ing matter  when you’re doing a kung foo kick
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #1239: Mar 11, 2024 11:34:52 am
      Not sure which one is worse, EPL Ref and VAR or my homeland politicians and people in justice processes.
      Sad thing is football (LFC) is what I choose to escape from the mother f**ker politicians and justices in Thailand just to be  forced to see similar corrupt in English football week in week out.  :mad:
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2024 11:40:58 am by skolRED »
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1240: Mar 11, 2024 12:50:44 pm
      Just don’t get some professional

“He didn’t make too much force and was pulling out of it”

“Mac him into him quickly”

“Was a natural position”

Can someone fcking tell me how a foot being chest high is a natural position for a football BOOT

He could have headed it but would have lost the 50-50 so used his boot. His foot is in a non natural position and catches another player even if they ran into him. All that matters his where his boot is and it’s a pen all day long, twice on a Sunday ffs

It’s a reckless place to put your foot and I know when the var show comes, they will admit the fault but some professionals have been shocking

“It was a 50-50 challenge, he got the ball first” that doesn’t F***ing matter  when you’re doing a kung foo kick

Some of the stuff the pundits (ex players) are coming out with shows they lack basic understanding. One said " not likely to give it the dying seconds"...another.."He nicked the ball".." MacAllister was bearing down on him"...and the best of the lot....VAR..."it was a coming together as far as I could see"..
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1241: Mar 11, 2024 01:20:29 pm
      Klopp said in the post match over the Doku tackle..."I'm over it..I don't care anymore". I think these constant 'decisions' has made his mind up. Jan 6th said.." I'm done here"...

I mean work yer knackers off to bring the league and cups to the club and the fans and having to put up with  blatant bias. The Spurs debacle was 30th Sept. Plenty before that and now this V Mancheater city.

Maybe not the most important reason for going but definitely a factor. Also if we lose the league by a point or two Klopp will say his piece and the club will back him up.

Quick Reply