Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Is English officiating corrupt?

Read 61189 times
      With Hope In My Heart, tytusgroan, GERNS, lfc across the water and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Re: Is English officiating corrupt?
      Reply #1242: Mar 11, 2024 01:39:44 pm
      https://www.friendsofliverpool.com/2023/10/liverpools-worst-var-decisions/

The MacAllister red card is more of a coming together. Borderline yellow yet Mac gets a Red. Doku was at the very least TWICE as high as Mac Allister but gets nothing.

Something stinks.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1243: Mar 11, 2024 01:42:43 pm
      Is it a conflict of interest for Premier League referees to be paid for work done in the UAE by the UAE and then to referee matches which involve a team that is owned by the UAE?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1244: Mar 11, 2024 01:59:18 pm
      Is it a conflict of interest for Premier League referees to be paid for work done in the UAE by the UAE and then to referee matches which involve a team that is owned by the UAE?

No not at all 😭

We were super robbed. Diaz's goal, Arsenal's NBA block and now Kung Fu Doku.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1245: Mar 11, 2024 02:33:10 pm
      Personally I don't think it was a penalty, it would be very soft.

HOWEVER. THEIR GOAL SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISALLOWED

Ake BLOCKED MacAllister and pulled his shirt. It's ridiculous! We had a goal in the final disallowed for 'blocking' they are so inconsistent

Is NBA style “screening” aka “blocking” allowed in football? I know for sure blocking a player from getting the ball at the corner flag is allowed and I see it all the time. But what about blocking a player’s path when going for the ball? Is that legal?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1246: Mar 11, 2024 03:35:58 pm
      The usual problem is consistency one game it’s allowed and the next it isn’t or is it down to who you are
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #1247: Mar 11, 2024 03:39:51 pm
      There was nothing wrong with their goal , it was a very smart bit of play
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #1248: Mar 11, 2024 09:39:54 pm
      The usual problem is consistency one game it’s allowed and the next it isn’t or is it down to who you are

It is just seems that way.   Mac Allister shows his stoods with less intensity at ankle height gets a straight red card.   Doku goes with more follow through at chest height no foul, not even yellow card.   Excuse me, but that like saying to Alexis people can kick you anywhere but you can't touch anyone.   One rule for him and another against him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1249: Mar 12, 2024 07:21:44 am
      It is just seems that way.   Mac Allister shows his stoods with less intensity at ankle height gets a straight red card.   Doku goes with more follow through at chest height no foul, not even yellow card.   Excuse me, but that like saying to Alexis people can kick you anywhere but you can't touch anyone.   One rule for him and another against him.

The one rule for him and another for someone else is where the problems lie, the powers that be call it subjective 🤦‍♂️
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #1250: Mar 12, 2024 09:08:38 am
      We ll wait for the next Doku style incident with any other two players and see what happens
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #1251: Mar 12, 2024 01:10:45 pm
      Even when a player runs from behind the player with the high boot, so he doesn't see him coming, it still gets a yellow card and free kick. The Doku- Mac Allister incident was face on.  It isn't subjective when it's that clear. Its called cheating.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1252: Mar 12, 2024 03:21:35 pm
      Even when a player runs from behind the player with the high boot, so he doesn't see him coming, it still gets a yellow card and free kick. The Doku- Mac Allister incident was face on.  It isn't subjective when it's that clear. Its called cheating.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record.." Using excessive force endangering..etc etc" Law 12.

Endangering..."Put someone at risk or in danger"

That's the letter of the Law...now L&G of the jury I put it to you that Mr.Doku in raising his boot at chest height, in an aggressive manner, at an incoming player, in this case Mr. MacAllister, does endanger Mr.MacAllister safety
      May I point out to you Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, that Mr. Doku is an experienced professional, indeed an International professional, and is well aware that raising one's boot at chest height toward an incoming player, could indeed endanger that player.

Therefor I urge you, L & G of the jury, to return a verdict of foul play under Law 12 in the Premier League rule book regarding foul play.

Verdict: Guilty of foul play M'Lud..
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2024 03:36:19 pm by Harrisimo »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #1253: Mar 12, 2024 03:37:24 pm
      At the risk of sounding like a broken record.." Using excessive force endangering..etc etc" Law 12.

Endangering..."Put someone at risk or in danger"

That's the letter of the Law...now L&G of the jury I put it to you that Mr.Doku in raising his boot at chest height, in an aggressive manner, at an incoming player, in this case Mr. MacAllister, does endanger Mr.MacAllister safety
      May I point out to you Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, that Mr. Doku is an experienced professional, indeed an International professional, and is well aware that raising one's boot at chest height toward an incoming player, could indeed endanger that player.

Therefor I urge you L & G of the jury to return a verdict of foul play under Law 12 in the Premier League rule book regarding foul play.

Verdict: Guilty of foul play M'Lud..
      May I ask council, before instructing this jury to deliberate it's verdict, what, if any, are the mitigating circumstances?....and does the defendant have "previous"?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1254: Mar 12, 2024 04:32:40 pm
      If you know you have a problem in your organization (nefarious or born out of incompetence) and you don't take immediate and direct steps to fix it....then you have corruption. I don't see where anyone at PGMOL or within the league itself can say with a straight face that they are addressing the now seemingly constant poor refereeing decisions.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #1255: Mar 12, 2024 04:57:16 pm
      If you know you have a problem in your organization (nefarious or born out of incompetence) and you don't take immediate and direct steps to fix it....then you have corruption. I don't see where anyone at PGMOL or within the league itself can say with a straight face that they are addressing the now seemingly constant poor refereeing decisions.
      They would argue that refereeing isn't constantly poor, they'd admit to a small number of incorrect decisions, and put that down to human fallibility. Of course most ref's get most calls right, as they're not usually contentious....but key, important game defining calls, is where they show their incompetence.  In truth there's not a lot that can be done about it, these are the referee's we have, all you can do is educate them and hope they improve. It's like having a bad police force...you can't sack them all and recruit new one's...you've always got to have police.....as we always need to have referee's. Basically we're stuck with them and have to factor their mistakes as part of the game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #1256: Mar 12, 2024 08:11:55 pm
      Is NBA style “screening” aka “blocking” allowed in football? I know for sure blocking a player from getting the ball at the corner flag is allowed and I see it all the time. But what about blocking a player’s path when going for the ball? Is that legal?

well it was deemed illegal when Endo blocked a player, but it seems not when our players are doing the blocking. Now isn't that strange
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #1257: Mar 12, 2024 09:22:48 pm
      well it was deemed illegal when Endo blocked a player, but it seems not when our players are doing the blocking. Now isn't that strange

Endo doing it being a foul was because he was offside
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,775 posts | 6724 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1258: Mar 13, 2024 01:02:18 am
      Yep!!!

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1259: Mar 14, 2024 01:53:38 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo
      I clearly was NOT referring to anything malicious and there are numerous thousands if not millions of instances of players getting carried away in the 'heat of the moment'.'Racist and tragedy chanting' are not examples of 'heat of the moment'.

Yes it is. Once someone starts it, someone else has to jump on the bandwagon. The only time it ever happens is at men's senior football games, no other element of the sport, or sport in general, has such issues.

As for players, they are role models. It's in their own interests to control their emotions and act responsibly on the pitch. Media and sponsors won't accept heat of the moment excuses, when responding to incidents.

Quote from PastorGeek
      Personally I don't think it was a penalty, it would be very soft.

HOWEVER. THEIR GOAL SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISALLOWED

Ake BLOCKED MacAllister and pulled his shirt. It's ridiculous! We had a goal in the final disallowed for 'blocking' they are so inconsistent

We had a goal disallowed in the final for offside. All the photos and videos available, and all the conspiracy theories raised, and yet some people still don't know what exactly it was disallowed for!!!

Most pundits said it wasn't a penalty. I noticed that only 1 of our players appealed for it at the time until the ball went out of play. Even Mo didn't appeal, he being the closest one to the incident. What does that tell you? In any case, the penalty still had to be scored. (which is always forgotten about in these discussions) That dismisses the "robbed of 2 points" whinge. JĂźrgen said his piece afterwards, but this is someone who doesn't even look at them when we get them. For reasons I'll never understand.

We have 2 trips to the toilet to endure in the next 4 weeks. I'm grateful that we now have the VAR safety net, to help combat any home town bias that we had to suffer from for years on end.
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #1260: Mar 15, 2024 04:14:00 pm
      Man, the officiating in that game was a disaster. The VAR call and the flip-flopping on Jones' card were just bizarre. It's not the first time we've seen questionable decisions this season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1261: Mar 15, 2024 08:43:17 pm
      As for players, they are role models. It's in their own interests to control their emotions and act responsibly on the pitch. Media and sponsors won't accept heat of the moment excuses, when responding to incidents.

Unless it's in the interest of sponsors to exploit that!

We have 2 trips to the toilet to endure in the next 4 weeks. I'm grateful that we now have the VAR safety net, to help combat any home town bias that we had to suffer from for years on end.

Hahahahahaha

Spoken like an man who still fears them.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #1262: Mar 15, 2024 10:44:04 pm
      Endo doing it being a foul was because he was offside

But he wasn’t ‘interfering with play’ as he just stood his ground. He didn’t push or pull shirts, he just stood where he started, in which case, it’s the oppositions prerogative to go round him and not try to push through him.
      But it’s LFC so they will clearly look for something, anything, even make it up as they go along, just to deny us !
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #1263: Mar 21, 2024 11:53:13 am
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1264: Mar 21, 2024 01:07:39 pm

Quick Reply