Read 61218 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Re: Is English officiating corrupt?
      Reply #23: Oct 01, 2023 10:08:23 am
      Simply incompetent

And nothing will change until clubs go on strike

Just withhold payments until they are able to show they are worth what they get from the Clubs.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #24: Oct 01, 2023 10:12:36 am
      in answer to the question what more evidence do people need 4 sending off in 7 games major decisions going against us . Also if Jürgen tells the truth he gets fined that is not a healthy situation either
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #25: Oct 01, 2023 10:12:40 am
      Not corrupt just incompetent
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #26: Oct 01, 2023 10:17:43 am
      we have also seen an admission by a retired REF on SKY that he ignored a foul (pulling hair) because his mate was having a bad game they are Corrupt and amateur in their out look
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 298 
      Reply #27: Oct 01, 2023 10:31:21 am

This is probably correct but people are understandably going to be suspicious when they are consistently bad. It does appear to affect some clubs more than others, can anyone remember a bad VAR decision that punished City or cost them points?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #28: Oct 01, 2023 10:44:17 am
      Thing is Keith corruption is rife in sport, look at the Italian lg, Spanish lg, been going on for years, premier lg is not immune from corrupt officials. Not corruption on the levels of Italian football, but on a marginal call, they will do their best to give the decision against us, Look at the City offside goal a few weeks back, or the pen that Wolves never got, they are not mistakes, so it is hard to say there is no corruption, when you see some of the decisions given lately.

I agree it’s hard to rule out and yes there’s corruption in sport Seb. Obviously nothing can be ruled out but I don’t see it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #29: Oct 01, 2023 10:45:36 am
      I agree it’s hard to rule out and yes there’s corruption in sport Seb. Obviously nothing can be ruled out but I don’t see it.

what is worse corruption or incompetence ? the outcome is the same so regardless of the technology it is not being used as it was intended so get rid of it.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #30: Oct 01, 2023 10:48:30 am
      Unfortunately, like everything in life nowadays, these people hide behind screens and do not have to take the responsibility of their actions.

No one IE. Klopp can say a word or they get in trouble.

Something needs to be done. Taking a VAR away from his job for a game is not good enough.

I live by Klopp’s philosophy that there are more important things than football IE family, children etc, but this is getting beyond a joke. They are there to make a decision, they have all the technology in the world and they cannot even communicate.

We will move on from this, as our club is to strong, but things need to change. Ownership of this mistakes needs to be taken and people need to lose their jobs.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31: Oct 01, 2023 10:50:15 am
      what is worse corruption or incompetence ? the outcome is the same so regardless of the technology it is not being used as it was intended so get rid of it.

Think we can all agree on that Walt.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #32: Oct 01, 2023 12:50:27 pm
      All 3 of them had a bad day all at the same time.  The Ref, Lines man and VAR.   VAR fu**ed up shouldn't they shout at the ref through the microphone when the goal kick is taken.   If not post on the screen off side and the fans will make sure the ref sees it.  No its a case of Oops just carry on.  Human errors one of the 3 should at some point realised that these horrible decisions are aimed at 1 team but no it didn't get better in the 2nd half or at any point in the game.  The ref was getting error and mistakes with us all the time with 9 men it was hard to get any real momentum but when we did the ref would try to stop it by blowing his whistle for tottenham foul instead of letting it go as it suited us. 

This game was rigged and should be played again.  They need a hard look at the game again.   Red cards, penalty appeals disallowed goal.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #33: Oct 01, 2023 01:37:57 pm
      Darren England was very recently officiating in the United Arab Emirates.......

Intriguing.....
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | 52 
      Reply #34: Oct 01, 2023 01:43:21 pm
      Another thing people missed is why did the liner flag for offside when so tight are they not supposed to let play go on which means if they did they would have come to correct decision

One of my first initial thoughts too.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #35: Oct 01, 2023 01:45:01 pm
      Darren England was very recently officiating in the United Arab Emirates.......

Intriguing.....

So was Cook

They officiated a match 9/28 in a league apparently owned by <drum roll> City’s owners.

Something’s rotten in Denmark.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #36: Oct 01, 2023 01:47:21 pm
      All day long .....Poor officials not up to the required standard.....No organised conspiracy against us, it would be impossible to implement it.

Except there have been articles written about how Liverpool have been on the receiving end of a disproportionate amount of poor calls AND have had the highest percentage of our games officiated by Manchester area referees.

The fact that Tierney is still allowed to officiate our games with such frequency says it all.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #37: Oct 01, 2023 02:09:09 pm
      Except there have been articles written about how Liverpool have been on the receiving end of a disproportionate amount of poor calls AND have had the highest percentage of our games officiated by Manchester area referees.

The fact that Tierney is still allowed to officiate our games with such frequency says it all.
      I'd have to see independent stats that show a clear discrepancy in poor calls against us before I could agree, I'm not saying it's not true...just I haven't seen it. Manc refs officiating?....it comes down to how many of them there are....Are there any merseyside based ref's in the Premier league?..I don't know...if so do the officiate Manchester games?
      Here's a quote from the philosopher Dr. Carl Popper: "There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions"
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #38: Oct 01, 2023 02:10:00 pm
      There's no question in my mind that foreign referees should be brought in. The FA should be ashamed at the quality of officials they churn out.

Not only are they displaying extreme incompetency week in week out, they also look dreadfully unfit. Not to body shame or anything but no one can say Simon Hooper is the epitome of male fitness and the linesmen aren't much better. Pot bellies galore.

They really define the standards of institutional life in Britain that envelopes our politics and other sectors. Promoting and rewarding mediocrity and incompetence. Make no mistake - Darren England, Simon Hooper and co will return in two weeks. Probably lined up to referee a City v United derby later this season because that's the way the FA / Britain works these days.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #39: Oct 01, 2023 02:34:33 pm
      I'd have to see independent stats that show a clear discrepancy in poor calls against us before I could agree, I'm not saying it's not true...just I haven't seen it. Manc refs officiating?....it comes down to how many of them there are....Are there any merseyside based ref's in the Premier league?..I don't know...if so do the officiate Manchester games?
      Here's a quote from the philosopher Dr. Carl Popper: "There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions"
      Here’s one real quick. There are others.
      https://tomkinstimes.substack.com/p/objective-data-liverpool-are-refereed#:~:text=Since%20the%20start%20of%202019,not%20do%20the%20Reds'%20games.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #40: Oct 01, 2023 02:41:18 pm
      Michael Oliver, Daniel Cook and Darren England officiated an ADNOC Pro League match in Dubai, UAE on 28th September 2023

https://www.uaeproleague.ae/en/fixtures/d5f295d8-0f45-11ee-afb1-d481d7b85086

Why are Premier League ref's taking side jobs half way around the world, days before a major Premier league match?

Ridiculous, without even getting into the conflict of interest being paid by the state owners of a premier league club. This should be a huge story. How have the media not mentioned this?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41: Oct 01, 2023 02:44:38 pm
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #42: Oct 01, 2023 02:47:02 pm
      Surely clubs etc should be able to call a vote of no confidence in the PGMOL and officials? If 10 out of the 20 clubs for example put forward official complaints against them, something has to happen? It's not just us it's affecting, it's everyone, and it's getting worse year on year... something has to happen soon.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #43: Oct 01, 2023 03:09:54 pm
      If yesterday was a "mistake" then it should of been rectified instantly. As soon as Darren England sees that the match is restarting with a free-kick and not a kick off due to a goal then he should have been on the mic to Hooper saying "Si, sorry lad, I've made a mistake. There's nothing wrong with the goal, it was clearly onside. Award the goal." Would of made them look like tits for not getting it right first time round but at least we could accept it was a "mistake".

And if it was a "mistake" then the authorities should have put that message out instantly as well, not wait until the end of the game. But if they had said it at half time then they wouldn't have much leeway in whatever "mistakes" they were going to make in the second half to ensure we still didn't win.

It was blatant F***ing cheating. Whether it's come from the FA, the Premier League or the officials themselves had decided nah not today Reds. They weren't human errors, they weren't mistakes, they were blatantly cheating.

But F**k it, no point getting woun up by it because nothing is gonna come of it. All we'll get is that pathetic "sorry" statement from the PGMOL. And if we, as a club, do kick up a fuss then all it does is give them more ammunition to cheat us in the future.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #44: Oct 01, 2023 03:11:58 pm
      If yesterday was a "mistake" then it should of been rectified instantly. As soon as Darren England sees that the match is restarting with a free-kick and not a kick off due to a goal then he should have been on the mic to Hooper saying "Si, sorry lad, I've made a mistake. There's nothing wrong with the goal, it was clearly onside. Award the goal." Would of made them look like tits for not getting it right first time round but at least we could accept it was a "mistake".

And if it was a "mistake" then the authorities should have put that message out instantly as well, not wait until the end of the game. But if they had said it at half time then they wouldn't have much leeway in whatever "mistakes" they were going to make in the second half to ensure we still didn't win.

It was blatant F***ing cheating. Whether it's come from the FA, the Premier League or the officials themselves had decided nah not today Reds. They weren't human errors, they weren't mistakes, they were blatantly cheating.

But F**k it, no point getting woun up by it because nothing is gonna come of it. All we'll get is that pathetic "sorry" statement from the PGMOL. And if we, as a club, do kick up a fuss then all it does is give them more ammunition to cheat us in the future.
      They were probably too busy counting the wads of cash they got from the Arabs 48 hours prior... this whole thing stinks to high heavens.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #45: Oct 01, 2023 03:19:02 pm
      I think your looking at massive incompetence and not having the balls to over rule one another. All these boys are buddies I would imagine and hate correcting each other live on TV. Get some female officials in there I say they would have no issue correcting one another.

Quick Reply