Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

Is English officiating corrupt?

Read 77096 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Re: Is English officiating corrupt?
      Reply #851: Jan 30, 2024 07:57:11 pm
      They make mistakes...and when they do and it go's against us I moan....a lot........ But Tierney, or any other referee's are not engaged in formal organised cheating. IMHO

Fair reply from a fair poster.Others obviously see it differently but that's their right and I wouldn't accuse them of having a totally closed mind.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #852: Jan 30, 2024 08:40:22 pm
      Fair reply from a fair poster.Others obviously see it differently but that's their right and I wouldn't accuse them of having a totally closed mind.
      I don't think it does us any favours when we play the victim of "Everyone's against us " card...they're not...no one gives a flying F**k about us, other than ourselves. It's lazy and more importantlly it's unproven. As you say everyone is free to think what they like, but I try to broaden the topic, and suggest looking at data, and not just relying on feelings. 
      Obviously at the end of the day I couldn't give a monkey's what any of us think (myself very much included)...it's all just waffle!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,582 posts | 6459 
      Reply #853: Jan 30, 2024 11:41:59 pm
      It’s funny that people think there can’t be systematic corruption in professional sports officiating. It happened in the NBA, I believe it’s happened in world football as well (Maybe Italy or Spain?). Whenever there is money and power involved there exists the opportunity for imperfect humans to become corrupted.

It’s sophomoric to assume that there can’t be corruption when there’s not a better explanation for why we get one referee more than other teams or why we are at the blunt end of some of the worst calls that have happened this year in the premier league.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #854: Jan 31, 2024 12:05:02 am
      It’s funny that people think there can’t be systematic corruption in professional sports officiating. It happened in the NBA, I believe it’s happened in world football as well (Maybe Italy or Spain?). Whenever there is money and power involved there exists the opportunity for imperfect humans to become corrupted.

It’s sophomoric to assume that there can’t be corruption when there’s not a better explanation for why we get one referee more than other teams or why we are at the blunt end of some of the worst calls that have happened this year in the premier league.
      Speaking for myself I have never said I don't believe there can't be systematic corruption....I've always said I need to see impartial evidence of it. Of course you are right there has been numerous instances of corruption in many sports, though I am not aware of any of it ever being aimed against a specific club...again for what motive?... You are also correct in saying we have been at the wrong end of some of the worst calls....as have all the clubs in the league.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #855: Jan 31, 2024 07:22:14 am
      Speaking for myself I have never said I don't believe there can't be systematic corruption....I've always said I need to see impartial evidence of it. Of course you are right there has been numerous instances of corruption in many sports, though I am not aware of any of it ever being aimed against a specific club...again for what motive?... You are also correct in saying we have been at the wrong end of some of the worst calls....as have all the clubs in the league.

I may be wrong , but I don’t recall the two Manc clubs getting the kind of decisions we’ve been getting in fact I would say they have had some very favourable ones .
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #856: Jan 31, 2024 09:54:54 am
      I may be wrong , but I don’t recall the two Manc clubs getting the kind of decisions we’ve been getting in fact I would say they have had some very favourable ones .
      Well it's one or the other.......Your'e wrong...or you don't recall, All teams get both favourable and unfavourable decisions
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #857: Jan 31, 2024 11:56:44 am
      Well it's one or the other.......Your'e wrong...or you don't recall, All teams get both favourable and unfavourable decisions

No it’s not I could be right , if you think they havnt had vavourable decisions then that’s your prerogative
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #858: Jan 31, 2024 09:04:03 pm
      You lot won’t be complaining about Tierney after that 45 mins.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #859: Jan 31, 2024 10:02:49 pm
      How much did you lot pay the ref tonite lads? 😂 Tierney gave you everything, even the 50/50 balls. All though you battered them chavs should have had at least one penalty. He’s probably been threatened before the match and you now have him eating out of your hands.  :lmao:

Corrupt my arse.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,090 posts | 634 
      Reply #860: Jan 31, 2024 10:33:55 pm
      Refs are sh*te, but when you see the likes of Chelsea Diving Club, you must admit they don't always have it easy.

Funny thing is Chelsea probably did have a decent shout for a pen, but it's a bit of a boy-who-cried-wolf situation.
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #861: Jan 31, 2024 10:45:57 pm
      Refs are sh*te, but when you see the likes of Chelsea Diving Club, you must admit they don't always have it easy.

Funny thing is Chelsea probably did have a decent shout for a pen, but it's a bit of a boy-who-cried-wolf situation.

That wasn't a pen. Simply was not enough contact. VVD made a half hearted challenge but the Chelsea player went over soon as he felt the slight touch. It wasn't a pen..2 other shouts were blatant dives. Jota was stamped on.
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #862: Jan 31, 2024 10:48:23 pm
      Also don't think Tierney was trying to 'even' things up. He just got the big calls right. End of.He is not the story tonight,Bradley IS.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,244 posts | 4422 
      Reply #863: Jan 31, 2024 10:56:42 pm
      That wasn't a pen. Simply was not enough contact. VVD made a half hearted challenge but the Chelsea player went over soon as he felt the slight touch. It wasn't a pen..2 other shouts were blatant dives. Jota was stamped on.

Clear cut penalty you can’t kick a player in the box like that.
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #864: Jan 31, 2024 11:20:59 pm
      Clear cut penalty you can’t kick a player in the box like that.

Except that he didn't kick him. And pens should not be given for slight touches in the box. It's a contact sport.Fouls are given if the contact was excessive. The player was looking to go down and all night Chelsea 'assumed' Tierney would give them something if they fell over convincingly. He's not that stupid.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2024 11:29:18 pm by Harrisimo »
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #865: Jan 31, 2024 11:24:03 pm
      How much did you lot pay the ref tonite lads? 😂 Tierney gave you everything, even the 50/50 balls. All though you battered them chavs should have had at least one penalty. He’s probably been threatened before the match and you now have him eating out of your hands.  :lmao:

Corrupt my arse.

I'm not taking your obvious bait.I'm just informing you that Tierney knew that Chelsea assumed they'd get a pen if they fell over convincingly. They were wrong and our 'mate' Paul saw right through their 'cunning plan'.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #866: Jan 31, 2024 11:34:17 pm
      You lot won’t be complaining about Tierney after that 45 mins.  :lmao:

Oh I don't know the baldy c**t could have easily have given Chilwell 2 yellows but saw his arse over the 2nd one.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,939 posts | 6851 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #867: Jan 31, 2024 11:53:04 pm
      Wow, had to keep checking he was the ref, but then I kept wanting to punch that smug face of his, even if he did have an ok game for the first time in ages, if ever!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,244 posts | 4422 
      Reply #868: Feb 01, 2024 08:22:58 am
      Except that he didn't kick him. And pens should not be given for slight touches in the box. It's a contact sport.Fouls are given if the contact was excessive. The player was looking to go down and all night Chelsea 'assumed' Tierney would give them something if they fell over convincingly. He's not that stupid.

Take off your red tinted glasses mate, you would be in this thread screaming corruption if that happened to one of our players.
      This whole thread is a bit Everton.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #869: Feb 01, 2024 08:46:53 am
      I'm not taking your obvious bait.I'm just informing you that Tierney knew that Chelsea assumed they'd get a pen if they fell over convincingly. They were wrong and our 'mate' Paul saw right through their 'cunning plan'.

😂 Love it  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #870: Feb 01, 2024 08:51:48 am
      Oh I don't know the baldy c**t could have easily have given Chilwell 2 yellows but saw his arse over the 2nd one.

Must of been the only decision that didn’t go your way. 😂 Amazing Pete what social media can do to turn things around. How long before he gets freedom of your city.  :lmao:

We had Howard Webb, you got Paul Tierney.  :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,399 posts | 3541 
      Reply #871: Feb 01, 2024 08:52:53 am
      Tierney wasn’t too bad - but the kick from VVD on Nkunku was a penalty
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #872: Feb 01, 2024 08:53:20 am
      Wow, had to keep checking he was the ref, but then I kept wanting to punch that smug face of his, even if he did have an ok game for the first time in ages, if ever!

He’s done nothing different from any other game, made plenty of mistakes giving you lot everything.  :f_whistle:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #873: Feb 01, 2024 08:54:01 am
      Tierney wasn’t too bad - but the kick from VVD on Nkunku was a penalty

There’s a man posting will no rose tints 👏

Quick Reply