Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

Is English officiating corrupt?

Read 77122 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,025 posts | 5059 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Is English officiating corrupt?
      Reply #874: Feb 01, 2024 09:55:29 am
      You lot won’t be complaining about Tierney after that 45 mins.  :lmao:

To be fair I think he was very good, Howard must have had a word, the Cnut  even smiled a few times, as if pressure had been lifted, but that’s about the only praise he’s getting from me, he hasn’t done anything special, he’s a professional referee and all he has done is his f***in job, in a ideal world the referee would not even been mentioned post match, any match, it’s not about him, end of, we need refs, their part of the game, what we don’t want or need is the little Hitler variety of referee who think they are the most important person on the pitch !!

YNWA
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #875: Feb 01, 2024 10:10:26 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jBFavRsQ1Y

On about 2.06 of the vid. Seen the ref sent to the monitor for similar claims. There is contact but not enough and the player makes an exaggerated two footed jump. I would've said it was close and would've complained if we didn't get a penalty from it but it wasn't a 'clear and obvious' error.

We'll get those go against us but this time we got the benefit. If they had not tried to play the 'Tierney card', by that I mean assuming Tierney is anti LFC and all they have to do is go down convincingly enough and Tierney will 'play ball'...cunning plan didn't work.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,025 posts | 5059 
      Reply #876: Feb 01, 2024 10:11:10 am
      How much did you lot pay the ref tonite lads? 😂 Tierney gave you everything, even the 50/50 balls. All though you battered them chavs should have had at least one penalty. He’s probably been threatened before the match and you now have him eating out of your hands.  :lmao:

Corrupt my arse.

About the same as bacon face used to pay when he was bullying them mate, 😜

I’ve had a look at that incident with Van Dijk, on the one angle it looks like Virgil’s knee catches that pr**k Gallagher, but from another it looks like the pr**k threw himself to the ground, or was on his way down when he felt Virgil’s presence, so up for debate and for once Tierney got it right in real time, and correct decision,

Chillwell got lucky too, deserved yellow but the one up the line with Conor not enough for me for a second yellow, again Tierney got it right, the 50/50 is just football, you remember football don’t you Keith, you’re club used to quite good at it at one time 😜

It’s clear to me that Howard has had a word, and probably advised him to not wind up ‘those f***in scousers’ too much, and perhaps to back off for a while !!

YNWA
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #877: Feb 01, 2024 10:46:11 am
      If Tierney comes out of tomorrow's game with us all thinking..wow..did we misjudge this guy..you can buy a pound off me for 99p

Looks like I owe you a penny Longy...mmmm...bit short at the minute old chap...cheque be ok..
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #878: Feb 01, 2024 11:27:51 am
      Looks like I owe you a penny Longy...mmmm...bit short at the minute old chap...cheque be ok..
      BACs...SWIFT....Crypto.......NFT's....
      As you know there's no bias or corruption against LFC, it's all a fantasy based around self importance...As I've said before, we are important to ourselves and no one else cares a hoot.
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #879: Feb 01, 2024 12:37:13 pm
      BACs...SWIFT....Crypto.......NFT's....
      As you know there's no bias or corruption against LFC, it's all a fantasy based around self importance...As I've said before, we are important to ourselves and no one else cares a hoot.

Well yes you're right, but nature of the beast. We'll kick off again next time they give a contentious decision against us.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #880: Feb 01, 2024 01:51:31 pm
      They make mistakes...and when they do and it go's against us I moan....a lot........ But Tierney, or any other referee's are not engaged in formal organised cheating. IMHO

Your stance on this so called corruption has never changed and i applauded you. Do you think we can close this thread now that Tierney has been found not guilty.  ;D
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #881: Feb 01, 2024 02:54:37 pm
      Your stance on this so called corruption has never changed and i applauded you. Do you think we can close this thread now that Tierney has been found not guilty.  ;D

Final arguments haven't been presented yet. His defence Council has been called to the bar.

I mean we have to be fair to all parties, especially Mr.Tierney. I mean the pr**k is off the hook..but it is mearly a temporary reprieve.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2024 03:07:20 pm by Harrisimo »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #882: Feb 01, 2024 03:27:57 pm
      The title of this thread : Is English officiating corrupt? was always a strange title because as far as I can see this has been interpreted as, Are officials biased and corrupt specifically against Liverpool?  I would be very surprised if they were for a number of reason's....but My stance has always been based on a lack of impartial evidence. Can I prove there isn't bias or corruption? No, because you can't disprove a negative, I can't disprove there isn't a distant Universe with a Galaxy in which there is an exact mirror of planet Earth....only millions of years in the past.... or the future, where there is an exact version of yourself thinking and doing exactly all the things you do, and have done in your life up to now...but theoretically it is possible.
      If there was systematic corruption in place against Liverpool FC...or any other club, it would be picked up and exposed, first by the club itself. The club has never said it suspects any maliciousness from any officials, it has, as all clubs do, call poor decisions out, as after the Spurs debacle.
      Pretty much everything in life is for a reason, and a lot of stuff takes a lot of effort and planning. So what possible reason could exist for Liverpool FC to be targeted and singled out to be deliberately suppressed?..What motive?...Who could gain from it?...Who could organise it and set it up...How long would it be in place for....20 years...250 years?...The whole topic is nonsense. And as you say the thread needs binning, it's an insult to reason and logic.

If the topic was: Do some clubs navigate around the rules?...well we know they do, and depending on the profile of the club, they may be found guilty and punished.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #883: Feb 01, 2024 04:43:20 pm
      Final arguments haven't been presented yet. His defence Council has been called to the bar.

I mean we have to be fair to all parties, especially Mr.Tierney. I mean the pr**k is off the hook..but it is mearly a temporary reprieve.

That I think we’re pretty much agreed on, when one goes the other way again, which it will. 😂  the thread will bo up and running again.  :lmao:
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #884: Feb 01, 2024 06:34:13 pm
      That I think we’re pretty much agreed on, when one goes the other way again, which it will. 😂  the thread will bo up and running again.  :lmao:

Yeah..I mean we take it all too seriously.I try to loosen up on it. Don't actually have any ill feelings towards refs or indeed any fans of other clubs. Sport for me is enjoyment. Football is the only one which has the potential to upset me, vowed long ago not to let that happen. Admittedly Klopp going will push that particular button.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #885: Feb 01, 2024 07:13:22 pm
      Yeah..I mean we take it all too seriously.I try to loosen up on it. Don't actually have any ill feelings towards refs or indeed any fans of other clubs. Sport for me is enjoyment. Football is the only one which has the potential to upset me, vowed long ago not to let that happen. Admittedly Klopp going will push that particular button.

You won’t be on your own there, think I may be joining  you in my own way. Will be a sad sad day losing him from English football.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,582 posts | 6459 
      Reply #886: Feb 04, 2024 02:08:19 am
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,343 posts | 953 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press and F**k
      Reply #887: Feb 04, 2024 02:17:09 pm
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #888: Feb 05, 2024 09:47:17 am
      Think the second yellow to Konate was borderline and Taylor should've come down on 'last warning' just to maintain the integrity of the game, in terms of level playing field thingy. S'not as if Konate was pushing it all afternoon. Not a serious complaint, just an observation thingy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,582 posts | 6459 
      Reply #889: Feb 05, 2024 01:06:10 pm
      Think the second yellow to Konate was borderline and Taylor should've come down on 'last warning' just to maintain the integrity of the game, in terms of level playing field thingy. S'not as if Konate was pushing it all afternoon. Not a serious complaint, just an observation thingy.

I thought it was harsh because what was Konate supposed to do? He just blocked him off, but Havertz play acting didn't help, acting like he'd been shot in the face.

I think VAR should look at the theatrics...if a player goes down holding his face but the replay shows he was never touched there....yellow card.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,343 posts | 953 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press and F**k
      Reply #890: Feb 05, 2024 09:20:19 pm
      Thought Konate sending off was harsh, but what do you expect from a Manc loving cnut
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,939 posts | 6851 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #891: Feb 06, 2024 12:12:39 am
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,025 posts | 5059 
      Reply #892: Feb 06, 2024 04:30:15 am

Number Cruncher’s, correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t this equate to Taylor being a 70% Bald Cnut….&….a 30% normal Cnut ??

Observers will notice that Anthony Taylor is in fact numerically a Total CNUT !!

YNWA
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,285 posts | 806 
      Reply #893: Feb 06, 2024 09:05:48 am

Number Cruncher’s, correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t this equate to Taylor being a 70% Bald Cnut….&….a 30% normal Cnut ??

Observers will notice that Anthony Taylor is in fact numerically a Total CNUT !!

YNWA

He's a thoroughbred c**t for sure mate.
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #894: Feb 06, 2024 09:26:56 am
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #895: Feb 09, 2024 06:18:41 pm
      Not sure about this 'blue card' idea. Could cause muscle injuries as well. Thigh strains etc. Are they supposed to sit for 10 minutes. Just interfering for the sake of it. Will they go to VAR or is there no appeal.

What if already on a yellow, then a blue.What if they commit another yellow...will the Ref play the Joker..
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #896: Feb 09, 2024 06:24:15 pm
      Not sure about this 'blue card' idea. Could cause muscle injuries as well. Thigh strains etc. Are they supposed to sit for 10 minutes. Just interfering for the sake of it. Will they go to VAR or is there no appeal.

What if already on a yellow, then a blue.What if they commit another yellow...will the Ref play the Joker..
      Blue and yellow surely gives you a green!

Quick Reply