Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

World Cup 2030

Read 3916 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      World Cup 2030
      Oct 05, 2023 01:23:52 pm
      WTF  :lmao:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12098/12976751/world-cup-2030-tournament-matches-set-for-spain-portugal-morocco-uruguay-argentina-and-paraguay

Analysis: What about the fans?
      Sky Sports News chief reporter Kaveh Solhekol:

"I hope you're sitting comfortably, because the World Cup in 2030 is going to be in six countries and in three different continents. The main hosts of the tournament are going to be Spain, Portugal and Morocco. But the first three games are going to be in Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay.

"The first three games will feature those nations. I know quite a lot of people will be asking why games are being held in South America as well. It is because 2030 will be the centenary of the first World Cup. The first World Cup was held in Uruguay in 1930. It was won by Uruguay and they along with Argentina, Paraguay and Chile wanted to host the World Cup in 2030.

"There's been some deals going on behind closed doors at FIFA, some very powerful men have been speaking to each other saying, 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch your back', why don't we have this big World Cup where everybody is going to be happy?

"There's going to be games in Europe, Africa and South America. But the flipside of this is, what about the fans? Fans will be complaining because how are they going to be able to afford to follow their teams. What if England are drawn to play the opening game against Uruguay?

"They would have to go to South America before coming back to Europe, and possibly even to Morocco. It's controversial, it's complicated, but FIFA think this is the best solution for the 2030 World Cup."
      « Last Edit: Oct 09, 2023 04:53:09 pm by RedPuppy »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,212 posts | 8569 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: World cup 2030
      Reply #2: Oct 05, 2023 06:57:13 pm
      Basically split between two bids

Then off to Saudi in 2034

Yup. Saudi money wins again.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,061 posts | 2109 
      Reply #3: Oct 05, 2023 07:40:06 pm
      Infantino has found a way of being even more repulsive than Sepp Blatter.

Vile, vapid man baby freak.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #4: Oct 05, 2023 09:03:22 pm
      The 3 South American countries will only have 1 game each at home???
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 833 posts | 298 
      Reply #5: Oct 05, 2023 10:22:35 pm
      All 6 host nations will get automatic qualification.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Oct 06, 2023 08:33:08 am
      The 3 South American countries will only have 1 game each at home???

YUP.

1 game in those countries then up sticks to Europe or Africa for next groups games. l o l
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #7: Oct 06, 2023 01:04:42 pm
      Basically split between two bids

Then off to Saudi in 2034

Pretty much what I think those whole thing plays along to. With North American getting 2026 and South America, Europe and Africa getting 2030 this opens to door to AFC nation hosting (aka Saudi's)
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,290 posts | 763 
      Reply #8: Oct 06, 2023 02:42:51 pm
      Henderson's support for Saudi WC is embarrassing. Someone needs to remind him what decency is.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #9: Oct 06, 2023 03:04:42 pm
      Henderson's support for Saudi WC is embarrassing. Someone needs to remind him what decency is.

Isn’t it a case of money doing the talking Longy 🤷‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #10: Oct 06, 2023 05:03:19 pm
      “Incredible to think that the 11-year journey to a home FIFA World Cup might have already started for some of my youth players. Hard work starts now,” - Steven Gerrard

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11: Oct 06, 2023 05:18:30 pm
      “Incredible to think that the 11-year journey to a home FIFA World Cup might have already started for some of my youth players. Hard work starts now,” - Steven Gerrard

What people do for money. 🤦‍♂️
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 833 posts | 298 
      Reply #12: Oct 06, 2023 06:38:14 pm

Please tell me it's a computer generated deep fake.

F***ing depressing.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #13: Oct 06, 2023 06:43:57 pm

Imagine someone said you'd have seen this image 10 years ago...  :lmao:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,290 posts | 763 
      Reply #14: Oct 06, 2023 10:36:32 pm

If these words came from his mouth then this is both shocking and heartbreaking ...these are not the sentiments or values I expect from a Huyton lad, and even more, a colossal figure of the LFC Family.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,212 posts | 8569 
      Reply #15: Oct 07, 2023 08:18:28 pm
      If these words came from his mouth then this is both shocking and heartbreaking ...these are not the sentiments or values I expect from a Huyton lad, and even more, a colossal figure of the LFC Family.

I imagine it's all part of the contract
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,290 posts | 763 
      Reply #16: Oct 07, 2023 09:06:05 pm
      I imagine it's all part of the contract
      sorry HR but for me he is playing with fire advocating this sh*t..... risking throwing away his hard earned and deserved icon status, not just as a footballing legend but as a man of virtue.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17: Oct 07, 2023 10:00:06 pm
      sorry HR but for me he is playing with fire advocating this sh*t..... risking throwing away his hard earned and deserved icon status, not just as a footballing legend but as a man of virtue.

I think many fans choose to stay silent for obvious reasons Longy. It’s difficult to call a legend, especially for what he’s done on the pitch rather than the exploits off it. 🤦‍♂️
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 833 posts | 298 
      Reply #18: Oct 07, 2023 10:11:43 pm
      I think many fans choose to stay silent for obvious reasons Longy. It’s difficult to call a legend, especially for what he’s done on the pitch rather than the exploits off it. 🤦‍♂️

We can ignore the fight in the pub a few years ago, I'm not going to judge other people's music tastes. But this is hard to forgive.

Still was a genius on the pitch, that will never be tarnished.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,290 posts | 763 
      Reply #19: Oct 07, 2023 10:16:26 pm
      As someone from Huyton I've always been proud of what he's done. Still love him to bits and that's why it doesn't sit comfortably with me.
      It's his life and who am I to judge his moral philosophy...just wish he'd pick his cheque up, sit it out and refrain from any support for the murderous Saudi State
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20: Oct 08, 2023 08:19:36 am
      We can ignore the fight in the pub a few years ago, I'm not going to judge other people's music tastes. But this is hard to forgive.

Your second paragraph is how I choose to look at some of United players, one example being Giggs.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21: Oct 08, 2023 08:29:29 am
      As someone from Huyton I've always been proud of what he's done. Still love him to bits and that's why it doesn't sit comfortably with me.
      It's his life and who am I to judge his moral philosophy...just wish he'd pick his cheque up, sit it out and refrain from any support for the murderous Saudi State

Interesting, especially coming from Huyton. I’ve been to Liverpool many many times but not actually in Huyton from what I can remember. Is your opinion a general one of fans  in Huyton ?

Calling Huyton Red? Thoughts please.. 🤔
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,869 posts | 413 
      Reply #22: Oct 08, 2023 08:51:12 am

Not sure I can forgive the Phil Collins request just yet. Was always on the DJs side with that one.

Quick Reply