Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Injuries 23/24

Read 24692 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,073 posts | 3440 
      Re: Injuries 23/24
      Reply #414: Mar 29, 2024 03:45:43 pm
      Hopefully?

Kelleher has been so good, that I've barely noticed he's missing tbh. And while he's making the type of howlers he made in his last game, he can stay missing for a bit longer imo.

Allison is a level above Kelleher

Thankfully he is back in training this week
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,658 posts | 1592 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #415: Mar 29, 2024 09:54:53 pm
      Hopefully?

Kelleher has been so good, that I've barely noticed he's missing tbh. And while he's making the type of howlers he made in his last game, he can stay missing for a bit longer imo.

Behave will ya !!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #416: Mar 29, 2024 11:42:08 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      While completely missing the point that Ali saves at least two of the goals Kelleher conceded at Utd.

Kelleher is good, Ali is still better though.

None of those goals over there were down to him. Of all the post mortem pages on the match thread, nobody held him responsible for the outcome, not even yourself, because he wasn't. Some even voted him as motm.

The decisive moments at Arsenal, were directly down to Alisson. Not much point in producing great save after great save, if he can't be trusted to just clear a ball away 2 foot off the ground, or save a tame shot hit straight at him on the floor, without conceding. We didn't pay Roma 70mn quid for that.

It was not the first time, or the second, or the third, it's a regular occurrence, and sometimes it results in goals conceded. You really can't teach a goalkeeper in his thirties, how to clear his lines properly. It's basic stuff. He either can or he can't. And if he can't, then he's clearly not the best keeper in the world.

There's nothing he can do that Kelleher can't. He's been nothing short of perfect for the past couple of months, and he's been a fantastic servant over the past 5 years. As I said, I barely notice Alisson is absent, let alone miss him.
      « Last Edit: Mar 30, 2024 07:52:56 am by lfc across the water »
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts | 299 
      Reply #417: Mar 30, 2024 10:35:28 am
      None of those goals over there were down to him. Of all the post mortem pages on the match thread, nobody held him responsible for the outcome, not even yourself, because he wasn't. Some even voted him as motm.

The decisive moments at Arsenal, were directly down to Alisson. Not much point in producing great save after great save, if he can't be trusted to just clear a ball away 2 foot off the ground, or save a tame shot hit straight at him on the floor, without conceding. We didn't pay Roma 70mn quid for that.

It was not the first time, or the second, or the third, it's a regular occurrence, and sometimes it results in goals conceded. You really can't teach a goalkeeper in his thirties, how to clear his lines properly. It's basic stuff. He either can or he can't. And if he can't, then he's clearly not the best keeper in the world.

There's nothing he can do that Kelleher can't. He's been nothing short of perfect for the past couple of months, and he's been a fantastic servant over the past 5 years. As I said, I barely notice Alisson is absent, let alone miss him.

All football players, all human beings, will make mistakes in football games and in life generally. Obviously, the only exception to this is internet trolls, who are always right all the time.

Allison is 1 of the best goalkeepers in the world, possibly the best. Kelleher is also a very good young goalkeeper with the potential to develop into 1 of the best in the world. We are blessed to have both of them at Liverpool: our team and squad will be stronger when both are fit and available for selection.
      « Last Edit: Mar 30, 2024 01:07:10 pm by gazred »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,387 posts | 2823 
      Reply #418: Mar 30, 2024 11:06:20 am
      While completely missing the point that Ali saves at least two of the goals Kelleher conceded at Utd.

Kelleher is good, Ali is still better though.

Yep. Kelleher is probably the best backup in the world but Ali is a level above.

I agree he probably would have saved a couple of goals the other week and we'd probably still be in the cup if Ali played. That's not a dig at Kelleher, just praise for how good Ali is.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,548 posts | 1778 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #419: Mar 30, 2024 11:10:11 am
      Ali walks back into the team, but kellher has been so good that we have not missed Ali as much as we could have.

That's it, simples.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #420: Mar 30, 2024 12:12:36 pm
      None of those goals over there were down to him.

Even the one's that go through his legs. You're blinded by the fact he's Irish. Kelleher's good, but just not Alisson standard.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,294 posts | 1403 
      Reply #421: Mar 30, 2024 01:53:16 pm
      Even the one's that go through his legs. You're blinded by the fact he's Irish. Kelleher's good, but just not Alisson standard.

There's no doubt Kelleher has proved he's a top class keeper. It's going to be difficult keeping him here. Allison will get back in once fit and I can't see Kelleher playing second fiddle next season.

Big decision for the new manager.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #422: Mar 30, 2024 01:57:19 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED

At least they go through his legs. Alisson couldn't even kick the ball away with one leg at Arsenal. Or pick it up with his hands either. He's in his thirties, and he's got two hamstring injuries this season, which are understandably taking longer than usual to recover from. He got his chance to keep us in the cup at the mancs 3 years ago. Instead he was beaten at his near post for the decisive moment that day. Our long unbeaten home record against City vanished, because of two more of his regular distribution howlers, the following week.

Regardless where I'm from, (as if it's relevant) everyone from supporters to pundits to journalists have acknowledged that whenever he's been called upon, Kelleher has been nothing short of exceptional this season, and we've won almost every single league game with him in goal.

Aldo has already stated on air that if the pair of them were available now, Alisson sits on the bench, so when you see him, are you going to be the one that tells him to his face that he's wrong? While I don't expect him to be very busy, I'm looking forward to seeing Kelleher in the flesh over the next few days, deliver more world class saves when called upon.

Again, he's in no way responsible for the cup exit. Go into the match thread yourself, if you can't bear to take my word for it seriously.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #423: Mar 30, 2024 01:57:55 pm
      There's no doubt Kelleher has proved he's a top class keeper. It's going to be difficult keeping him here. Allison will get back in once fit and I can't see Kelleher playing second fiddle next season.

Big decision for the new manager.

Still a few little errors that he will improve on. I'm of the belief Ali would have saved the last two manc goals in the Cup tie. Make no mistake I would be making the kad an offer to keep him af the club.

Not even a decision for the coach, more the DOF, Richard Hughes' job.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2719 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #424: Apr 01, 2024 08:18:57 am
      Allison is a level above Kelleher

Thankfully he is back in training this week

Is that even debatable?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #425: Apr 01, 2024 12:06:15 pm
      Looks like our injured players coming back and city injured players starting to grow
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #426: Apr 01, 2024 01:01:04 pm
      At least they go through his legs. Alisson couldn't even kick the ball away with one leg at Arsenal. Or pick it up with his hands either. He's in his thirties, and he's got two hamstring injuries this season, which are understandably taking longer than usual to recover from. He got his chance to keep us in the cup at the mancs 3 years ago. Instead he was beaten at his near post for the decisive moment that day. Our long unbeaten home record against City vanished, because of two more of his regular distribution howlers, the following week.

Regardless where I'm from, (as if it's relevant) everyone from supporters to pundits to journalists have acknowledged that whenever he's been called upon, Kelleher has been nothing short of exceptional this season, and we've won almost every single league game with him in goal.

Aldo has already stated on air that if the pair of them were available now, Alisson sits on the bench, so when you see him, are you going to be the one that tells him to his face that he's wrong? While I don't expect him to be very busy, I'm looking forward to seeing Kelleher in the flesh over the next few days, deliver more world class saves when called upon.

Again, he's in no way responsible for the cup exit. Go into the match thread yourself, if you can't bear to take my word for it seriously.

Shut up ye Leprechaun shagging fuckwit, to be sure to be sure Ali is our No 1, absolutely and categorically No1, and Kelleher has been absolutely fantastic for us, and in a ideal world would be another clubs No1, and deservedly so,
      But he isn’t is he, he’s our No2 and so long as he’s happy being No2, he will remain so, so get off yer feckin toadstool spud muncher and try to keep up, to be sure ??

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2719 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #427: Apr 01, 2024 02:01:37 pm

Shut up ye Leprechaun shagging fuckwit, to be sure to be sure Ali is our No 1, absolutely and categorically No1, and Kelleher has been absolutely fantastic for us, and in a ideal world would be another clubs No1, and deservedly so,
      But he isn’t is he, he’s our No2 and so long as he’s happy being No2, he will remain so, so get off yer feckin toadstool spud muncher and try to keep up, to be sure ??

YNWA

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 756 posts | 128 
      Reply #428: Apr 03, 2024 05:56:18 pm
      Jones back in contention for the Sheffield United match......

Alisson, Jota and Trent back in part team training from next week......
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,294 posts | 1403 
      Reply #429: Apr 03, 2024 08:17:26 pm

Yes Jones and Robbo back. Boss said Jones in contention and might not start but will get 'some minutes'.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #430: Apr 04, 2024 12:06:07 am
      Quote from gazred
      All football players, all human beings, will make mistakes in football games and in life generally. Obviously, the only exception to this is internet trolls, who are always right all the time.

Allison is 1 of the best goalkeepers in the world, possibly the best. Kelleher is also a very good young goalkeeper with the potential to develop into 1 of the best in the world. We are blessed to have both of them at Liverpool: our team and squad will be stronger when both are fit and available for selection.

Unfortunately when Alisson makes mistakes, the ball usually ends up in the net, as happened in his last game. It's not a one off, it's happened before, and you're, well I'm always worried, that the next clearance will be the latest one.

Kelleher has made no mistakes since he arrived in the team. We've dropped just 2 points this season with him in goal. If Alisson had even half that kind of record, we would already be at least 10 points clear, and this league would already be wrapped up.

I said last time that there's nothing he can do imo, that Kelleher can't. Another world class match winning save by him last weekend. Now you're advocating we change our keeper for the run in, for no good reason whatsoever. In what world does that make sense?
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts | 299 
      Reply #431: Apr 04, 2024 12:18:26 am
      Unfortunately when Alisson makes mistakes, the ball usually ends up in the net, as happened in his last game. It's not a one off, it's happened before, and you're, well I'm always worried, that the next clearance will be the latest one.

Kelleher has made no mistakes since he arrived in the team. We've dropped just 2 points this season with him in goal. If Alisson had even half that kind of record, we would already be at least 10 points clear, and this league would already be wrapped up.

I said last time that there's nothing he can do imo, that Kelleher can't. Another world class match winning save by him last weekend. Now you're advocating we change our keeper for the run in, for no good reason whatsoever. In what world does that make sense?

I agree that Kelleher has not made any big mistakes, he's a very good keeper. But he's only been in the team for a relatively short time. When Adrian covered for Allison at the start of the league winning season he was also very good, I don't remember him making a mistake in the league although he had 1 bad error against Athletico Madrid.

As I said, all Goalkeepers will make mistakes, all players will. Often goalkeeping errors will result in goals.
      My opinion is that Allison is the better keeper, I think he's proved that by making many important saves in his time at the club. His distribution is also (mostly) very good and he gets lots of assists.
      If you prefer Kelleher that's ok, you are entitled to your opinion. I hope he stays at the club, he has the potential to take over from Allison in the future.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2719 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #432: Apr 04, 2024 09:07:33 am

When Alisson makes a mistake the ball ends up in the net?? No sh!t Sherlock.  :lmao:

You’re the only alleged fan  🤔 who thinks Alisson should be No 2 to Kelleher. Doesn’t that tell you something you thick kunt? 🤦‍♂️  I thought wums wasn’t allowed on here.

Ps.. Why the fcuk am I talking to myself  😂
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts | 166 
      Reply #433: Apr 04, 2024 09:48:04 am

Me reading this news.

lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #434: Apr 04, 2024 11:17:27 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton

You’re the only fan  who thinks Alisson should be No 2 to Kelleher. Doesn’t that tell you something?

Ps.. Why am I talking to myself  😂

You tell us.

The only thing it tells me, is you didn't read what was posted. Instead you read something that was not posted.

You're an expert at both, I'll give you that.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 756 posts | 128 
      Reply #435: Apr 09, 2024 03:13:32 pm
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts | 166 
      Reply #436: Apr 09, 2024 03:17:49 pm

Quick Reply