Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Toulouse?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.6%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Luke Chambers
      0 (0%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      42 (65.6%)
      Wataru Endo
      14 (21.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (1.6%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.6%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (3.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      3 (4.7%)
      Jarell Quansah
      0 (0%)
      Calum Scanlon
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Oct 30, 2023 08:53:34 pm

Liverpool 5-1 Toulouse: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 9715 times
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Re: Liverpool 5-1 : In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #161: Oct 26, 2023 10:37:48 pm
      Endo MOTM for me....Neat and tidy...showed for the ball and was accurate with his distribution, strong in holding onto it when needed....and a classy header for his goal, settling in nice.

I think Endo needs to improve on his positioning.  I saw, in this game, a number of times that he kept waiting for balls at a position with a very narrow passing channel from our center backs which made him obsolete in the play.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #162: Oct 26, 2023 10:41:37 pm
      I think Endo needs to improve on his positioning.  I saw, in this game, a number of times that he kept waiting for balls at a position with a very narrow passing channel from our center backs which made him obsolete in the play.

Is that his fault or the fault of the players ability with the ball?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #163: Oct 26, 2023 10:47:30 pm
      Is that his fault or the fault of the players ability with the ball?

Well since he needs to make himself available I'd say it's something he needs to work on. I noticed it as well. He took his goal oustanding and played better than he has, but he needs to do it against heavyweights.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #164: Oct 26, 2023 10:57:49 pm
      Yes Endo has a lot to prove but the same can be said about all the new signings. Dom Zsobo 'gets a bye' but Mac has a bit to do. I thought tonight Endo was good all round. Made himself available to the back 4, crisp passer, covered well. And scored a nifty goal.

Obviously he has to improve and put in several good showings in the prem. Hold his game together through vital games etc, but he's not here as a paperweight, making up the number's some far east shirt selling talisman. He's a serious player, genuine contender for a place.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #165: Oct 26, 2023 11:00:48 pm
      Yes Endo has a lot to prove but the same can be said about all the new signings. Dom Zsobo 'gets a bye' but Mac has a bit to do. I thought tonight Endo was good all round. Made himself available to the back 4, crisp passer, covered well. And scored a nifty goal.

Obviously he has to improve and put in several good showings in the prem. Hold his game together through vital games etc, but he's not here as a paperweight, making up the number's some far east shirt selling talisman. He's a serious player, genuine contender for a place.

Needs to be given a chance. Put him in and play Mac in his proper position.

You can see Endo loves that position. Winning it back and getting in amongst it. Just like you can see Mac hates playing there and his confidence is being affected.

Put endo in v forest. Release Mac. See what happens.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #166: Oct 26, 2023 11:02:35 pm
      Well since he needs to make himself available I'd say it's something he needs to work on. I noticed it as well. He took his goal oustanding and played better than he has, but he needs to do it against heavyweights.

I personally thought he was available a lot of the time, in the second half as we got more comfortable he did seem less disciplined but overall a great performance.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #167: Oct 26, 2023 11:05:45 pm
      Great performance. Nice to see Endo and Gravenberch scoring. Nunez was brilliant, and what a goal from Salah.

Have to say though, that lad Scanlon who came on at left back was awful. Really bad. Was it a kid from the stands that tricked Klopp into thinking he was a player?
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #168: Oct 26, 2023 11:11:17 pm
      Great performance. Nice to see Endo and Gravenberch scoring. Nunez was brilliant, and what a goal from Salah.

Have to say though, that lad Scanlon who came on at left back was awful. Really bad. Was it a kid from the stands that tricked Klopp into thinking he was a player?

Well Scanlon was a bit to eager to impress. He's done enough to impress to get a place on the bench. I know you aren't writing him off or anything but it was his first go and he'll learn a lot from tonight.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #169: Oct 26, 2023 11:11:45 pm

Can always trust you for the shittest rake of the night.

You know F**k all.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #170: Oct 26, 2023 11:12:46 pm

Wow, imagine slagging off a kid getting his chance. Klopp must be an idiot to give players a chance when the games well in hand.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #171: Oct 26, 2023 11:19:56 pm
      Touchy and bias as always.  :roll:

Just be real. The lad was awful. Why can't it be said? Not writing him off, and perhaps he has something to show as he gets more experience, but that 20 min showcase was only negative. Needs to learn from it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #172: Oct 26, 2023 11:24:42 pm
      Touchy and bias as always.  :roll:

Just be real. The lad was awful. Why can't it be said? Not writing him off, and perhaps he has something to show as he gets more experience, but that 20 min showcase was only negative. Needs to learn from it.

He wasn't awful you F***ing moron. He made one mistake when he slipped checking back but that was it. He came on, wanted the ball, made good runs and was a nice overlap for Jota to create space for Mo's late goal.

You're just a sociopathic tw*t who gets a kick out of flinging sh*t on here like some demented ape. sh*t views from a sh*t supporter.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #173: Oct 26, 2023 11:26:24 pm

You're just a sociopathic tw*t who gets a kick out of flinging sh*t on here like some demented ape. sh*t views from a sh*t supporter.

You're just an angry immature man who gets a kick out of swearing and raging at anyone you don't like.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #174: Oct 26, 2023 11:26:34 pm
      Fair point, I also noticed he was calling for the ball in a very tightly congested midfield, I think this was down to his lack of game time, and, or where he had been told to stay. Seems to me he backs himself in tight areas, he's got good feet, and is combative and strong when challenged. It was noticeable how his confidence grew throughout the game. I know a million and one people on here have rightly defended Mac A. due to him playing in a position he obviously doesn't like.....nonetheless if that's a position that needs filling then I'd be giving Endo the nod over Mac A. who for me is less effective there.
      Square pegs and all that.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #175: Oct 26, 2023 11:33:58 pm
      Very decent win tonight, looking at the table the Reds have secured more points, than the other three teams have put together !
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #176: Oct 26, 2023 11:53:32 pm
      Only saw the highlights. Thanks for making me laugh Darwin and Ryan :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #177: Oct 26, 2023 11:56:36 pm
      Thought we were extremely efficient. Wonderful to see Endo and Gravenberch pushing so hard. Think we've got a really good bunch of midfielders now with real competition.

Nunez, love the b***ard, causes so much trouble and I'd have the lad involved all the time. That shot wasn't easy and lets remember - it was another assist!
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #178: Oct 27, 2023 01:53:06 am

Nunez, love the b***ard, causes so much trouble and I'd have the lad involved all the time. That shot wasn't easy and lets remember - it was another assist!

We should also remember, he meant it. He wanted Gravenberch to score, and what an assist that was!  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #179: Oct 27, 2023 05:06:45 am

He's not a left-back.

But played there in a couple of pre-season friendlies and impressed Klopp clearly!!
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 298 
      Reply #180: Oct 27, 2023 08:02:27 am

Give the young lad some time to develop! I thought he looked ok, has a lot of pace which is very important for a modern player. Did a couple of good things, made a couple of errors but he was playing his first competitive game at Anfield.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 298 
      Reply #181: Oct 27, 2023 08:07:36 am

Not watched the highlights but I think Nunez goes so fast that it's difficult to control the ball when he's running past defenders at full pace. The ball just got a bit in front of him and he could not get his foot around it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #182: Oct 27, 2023 08:53:15 am

ffs. calm down, just a padawan learner. Give the lad a break, not everyone can play a blinder on their debut.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #183: Oct 27, 2023 10:19:58 am
      Gravenberch my MOTM, dribbling , running at defenders and shoots when he can ,great game Ryan ! Darwin ...what a player he is ! always threatening always linking up play ,sure he misses a few,so does Mo ,but you can't settle as a defender when Darwin is playing ,Endo putting in a real shift and coming to terms with his role in the team ,enjoyed watching the game and thought Toulouse were good also ,nice to see Jürgen giving the kids a run out too

Quick Reply