Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bmouth?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      2 (4%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Jarell Quansah
      26 (52%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (2%)
      Joe Gomez
      9 (18%)
      Wataru Endo
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (2%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      11 (22%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: Nov 05, 2023 09:37:57 pm

AFC Bournemouth 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 8131 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,407 posts | 1431 
      Re: AFC Bournemouth 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #161: Nov 01, 2023 10:12:29 pm
      Ref just put United out of their misery...0-3...half empty stadium....rather amusing..
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #162: Nov 01, 2023 10:28:31 pm
      Real good chance at getting the first trophy in the bag here with City and Arsenal out. Still some pretty tough fixtures but got to be favourites.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #163: Nov 01, 2023 10:32:41 pm
      Tough watch that. Think they used the conditions to their advantage better than us. Cracking winning goal from Nunez though !
      Into the quarters anyway. Can’t wait for the draw now.
      Gone for quansa motm. Didn’t do much wrong and coped well with the conditions.
      Harrisimo

• 8,407 posts | 1431 
      Reply #164: Nov 01, 2023 11:04:24 pm
      V West Ham..at home
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #165: Nov 01, 2023 11:06:21 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #166: Nov 01, 2023 11:06:29 pm

Tough draw but better than getting Newcastle.

Home draw is massive
      Harrisimo

• 8,407 posts | 1431 
      Reply #167: Nov 01, 2023 11:20:30 pm
      Tough draw but better than getting Newcastle.

Home draw is massive

Yeah, should be a cracker. Not our top target but worth having a go. Brings in cash as well, not being in the Champs league costs us so domestic cup runs bring in a few quid.
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #168: Nov 01, 2023 11:26:10 pm
      Tricky game that especially sandwiched between Arsenal and Scum game
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #169: Nov 02, 2023 12:42:43 am
      Tricky game that especially sandwiched between Arsenal and Scum game
      They have the same teams in that time frame, just opposite order. All our games are at home too. They will also put a lot of effort into the Europa, whereas we will play kids the last 2 games.

If we get past WH, we win it all. Klopp only loses two legged competitions to Madrid teams 😆
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #170: Nov 02, 2023 05:51:26 am
      Gomez and Quansah were massive defensively. Went for Gomez for his goal line clearance and protected Kelleher from conceding directly from a corner.

Nunez has confidence and what a goal. Dominik is always a goal threat.

We got the third most difficult team from the lot but at home so we're fine.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #171: Nov 02, 2023 10:23:51 am
      Tricky game negotiated well in extreme conditions, we won comfortably in the end despite the ‘Mouths’ efforts, loved that Nunez strike, the fella is a absolute beast, love how he has refined his finishing although it’s a working progress, he’s obviously been watching/listening/learning from Mo, one or two stand outs Szlobos again Gomez, but my Man of the match( no women were involved) Young Jarrell Quansah, what is it now half dozen games and he’s hardly put a foot wrong,
      Every now and then we see the emergence of future potential world class players , and I’m calling it out Now, this bloke is special, there might be one or two of us out there who will wonder how the F**k do we replace Virgil, well, wonder no more cos we got him already,

The lad is 20 years old, 20, and he’s playing as if he was 30, he’s so calm, unfazed and absolutely brilliant, we’ve had some unbelievable CB’s down the years from Rowdy Yates to the Quarried Tommy Smith to the sublime Jocky Hansen to ice Cool Sammy Hyypia to calm as you like Virgil van Djik, all had varying ably backed partnerships that limited the goals against columns,

He is yet another academy graduate that has saved the club potential Millions in finding another Virgil, I believe in time he’ll form a solid partnership with Konate, but that’s a few seasons ahead as yet but we can all take solace in the knowledge our CB’s have the experience to carry us thru for a while yet, the lad is a outstanding talent and we should tie him down now to a very very long contract??

Well done Jarrell lad, Superb !!

YNWA

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #172: Nov 02, 2023 10:46:52 am
      Tricky game negotiated well in extreme conditions, we won comfortably in the end despite the ‘Mouths’ efforts, loved that Nunez strike, the fella is a absolute beast, love how he has refined his finishing although it’s a working progress, he’s obviously been watching/listening/learning from Mo, one or two stand outs Szlobos again Gomez, but my Man of the match( no women were involved) Young Jarrell Quansah, what is it now half dozen games and he’s hardly put a foot wrong,
      Every now and then we see the emergence of future potential world class players , and I’m calling it out Now, this bloke is special, there might be one or two of us out there who will wonder how the F**k do we replace Virgil, well, wonder no more cos we got him already,

The lad is 20 years old, 20, and he’s playing as if he was 30, he’s so calm, unfazed and absolutely brilliant, we’ve had some unbelievable CB’s down the years from Rowdy Yates to the Quarried Tommy Smith to the sublime Jocky Hansen to ice Cool Sammy Hyypia to calm as you like Virgil van Djik, all had varying ably backed partnerships that limited the goals against columns,

He is yet another academy graduate that has saved the club potential Millions in finding another Virgil, I believe in time he’ll form a solid partnership with Konate, but that’s a few seasons ahead as yet but we can all take solace in the knowledge our CB’s have the experience to carry us thru for a while yet, the lad is a outstanding talent and we should tie him down now to a very very long contract??

Well done Jarrell lad, Superb !!

YNWA

the young man has cured our CB problem, we can rotate CB's comfortably, himself and gomez have really took the pressure of the other 3, which in turn is making them play better and be available more often.

The future is bright, we may only need to buy 1 CB next summer, depending on what matip does.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #173: Nov 02, 2023 12:20:12 pm
      All that matters is progressing into the next round and we've done that. Difficult conditions, heavily rotated team and playing against a side who probably saw this as their Cup final yet we've come through fairly comfortable. The scares we had were mainly down to our desire to play suicide passes in and around our box. But for the most past we were always in control of the game.

Had a couple of chances to kill the game off and for whatever reason made the wrong choice (normally shooting instead of laying the ball off to someone in a better position) which made the last ten minutes a bit more nervy than they needed to be but we got through it in the end. And that's enough for me.

Some more minutes for some of the younger lads and the squad players as well as a chance for others to try and impress the boss and force their way into our "best" XI. Some took that chance more than others.

I don't need to tell anyone how much the League Cup means to me and how pissed off I get at people rubbishing it. So to see us giving it a proper go is getting a smile out of me. A favourable draw in the quarter finals should see us reach Wembley again because over two legs we should be confident of beating anyone - especially those who are left. And then it's a chance to take our League Cup tally up to 10.

Quadruple is still well and truly on.

Kelleher - I said after the Toulouse game that is was his worst game in a Liverpool shirt and I thought first half he'd erased that from his mind and gone back to being the quality keeper we all know he is. I thought he was exceptional in those first 45 minutes. But second half something switched. It wasn't as bad as Toulouse but he wasn't as confident as he was before the break. Some really dodgy passes, didn't look comfortable from their set pieces and didn't install confidence in me or the other players by the looks of it. But we got through and he'll get another chance to rectify that.

Gomez - is quickly becoming the most improved player of the season. I know some think he's always had these qualities and he just needed game time to prove it and maybe he did because he's certainly proving it this season. In the summer I'd of been happy to never see Joe Gomez play for the club again but this season he's proven his worth both as a starter and as a squad player. Doesn't matter if he's playing at centre half or on the right like yesterday, he's impressing. Great goal line clearance, offered a threat down the flank and I'm backing him to eventually score this season because he's trying to every game.

Matip - can't say it enough but I F***ing love this fella. A solid, dependable performer every game. Hopefully we give him another contract because he's earned it although that may hinder the progress of his centre half partner from last night.

Quansah - for me was clearly man of the match and while I wouldn't reccommend our centre halves doing Cruyff turns facing our goal on the touchline, young Jarell done it superbly. Won everything in the air. Stopped anything along the ground. Future looks very bright for him. But he's gonna be 21 in a couple of months and at that age he really needs to be more than fifth choice. Could be a big decision for him and club to be made in January or next summer.

Tsimikas - another game where Kostas wasn't great but wasn't shocking either. Continue to be solid and the absence of Robbo won't be as noticable as we feared.

Szoboszlai - really underperformed in my opinion. Was sloppy with the ball with a few overhit passes. From the edge of the box he really should be testing the keeper at the least instead of hitting it wide. And at the start of the second half trying to go past the entire Bournemouth defence on the edge of the box before losing it - and I think that was the only time I saw him in the second half until he was brought off.

Endo - like Dom, he was sloppy with the ball especially when trying to play the more extravagant passes early on but once he went back to just playing it simple he was ok. Still think the pace of the game is catching him out. And I wasn't surprised to see him as one of the first brought off. He is a squad player and nothing more though. People thinking he's gonna be Fabinho's replacement need their heads checking and stop expecting him to be that because he never was meant to be that player. He was always being brought in as somebody who would fill a gap for the Cup/European games and maybe the odd 15 minutes here or there in the League.

Jones - since his suspension he's gone back to trying too hard to impress. Whether he feels Gravenberch has gone above him in the pecking order for the League games I don't know but when he was playing week in week out before the Spurs game, he was playing the role of keeping us ticking over so well. He was doing the simple things well. But yesterday and against Toulouse I felt it was the Curtis Jones that we saw last year with him trying too much on his own. Trying to show Jürgen that he should be playing because of his individual work as opposed to his team work.

Elliott - I feel a bit for Harvey when he's asked to play on the right wing because he doesn't have the skill or pace to play it to the level we expect. And ultimately he's replacing Mo Salah in that position which is no easy feat for anybody in world football. Having said that, Elliott done ok. He wasn't the best player on the park nor was he the worst. Should of had an assist to his name but Salah fluffed the header. Worked his socks off like he always does. Not sure he becomes a regular starter for us but as a squad player offers us a lot.

Salah - played 90 minutes and for 90 minutes had me scratching me head as to why we didn't cash in on him in the summer. Shocking performance from our main man. But he's proven enough times this season why we were right to keep him so one shocker can be forgiven. And if he hadn't missed that header, or if later on in the game people passed rather than shooting, I'd probably be saying it's what Mo does - he scores. Yesterday he didn't use that get out jail card.

Gakpo - Jürgen must be pulling his hair out while also having the biggest smile on his face with these forwards. How can he justify dropping any of them when they all score whenever given the chance? Like I say with Jota, if Cody isn't through the middle then he might as well not be on the pitch. And his goal came from being alert in the box, which was probably his only touch of note in that first half. Second half wasn't much better either but he's a forward and he scored so he's basically done his job.

Alexander-Arnold - he was one of those guilty of failing to make the right choice when we were looking to put the game to bed. Fantastic run through the heart of their midfield and then with options left and right, he decides to shoot rather tamely. Don't remember much more from his performance.

Mac Allister - like Trent, I don't remember much about his performance other than I saw him wearing gloves like a tart. Never been a fan of anybody doing that. If you're cold then run your bollocks off to warm your body up.

Nunez - he's just oozing confidence right now, to the point that he can miscontrol a ball and still end up with it nestling in the top corner. What a F***ing strike it was. That pr**k Danny Mills tried blaming the keeper then when everyone else laughed at him he said on replay it was a great goal and he was being harsh to blame the keeper. His first goal in the League Cup and what a way to open your account.

Gravenberch - nothing of note from the lad other than coming on to see the game through.

Jota - worked hard in his ten minute cameo but not much more.

Overall, we're in the next round and should be looking at this as a real opportunity to pick up more silverwear. And with the depth we have in our squad right now means that no matter how much we rotate we should still be fielding a relatively strong side.

What could be a better way to start the festive period than to tw*t United at Anfield, move into the semi finals of the League Cup and then tw*t Arsenal at Anfield.

It's a very good time to be a Red. And this c**t is one happy Red right now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #174: Nov 02, 2023 01:05:07 pm

Endo - like Dom, he was sloppy with the ball especially when trying to play the more extravagant passes early on but once he went back to just playing it simple he was ok. Still think the pace of the game is catching him out. And I wasn't surprised to see him as one of the first brought off. He is a squad player and nothing more though. People thinking he's gonna be Fabinho's replacement need their heads checking and stop expecting him to be that because he never was meant to be that player. He was always being brought in as somebody who would fill a gap for the Cup/European games and maybe the odd 15 minutes here or there in the League. then tw*t Arsenal at Anfield.

Now I know I’m not exactly in your good book coz I’m a manc but your opinion on Endo gone from being world class to just a squad player within the space of a few weeks. What’s changed in such a short space time. Did you get this one wrong?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #175: Nov 02, 2023 01:24:57 pm
      Now I know I’m not exactly in your good book coz I’m a manc but your opinion on Endo gone from being world class to just a squad player within the space of a few weeks. What’s changed in such a short space time. Did you get this one wrong?

Being a United supporter has F**k all to do with my opinion with you. The reason I ignore you as best I can is because of your views on Kenny Dalglish "throwing the towel in" after the Hillsborough disaster - I thought that was a sick thing for you to say then and still think it's sick now.

As for Endo, I never once thought he was world class. I was merely constantly saying he was world class because so many on here were getting at him before he'd kicked a ball. It's called sarcasm. I was saying he was world class after a five minute cameo in some instances.

Not being Scouse, you might not get Scouse humour. I know very few do. If you actually took "world class" as serious then you are a bigger tit than you demonstrate.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #176: Nov 02, 2023 01:39:02 pm
      Being a United supporter has F**k all to do with my opinion with you. The reason I ignore you as best I can is because of your views on Kenny Dalglish "throwing the towel in" after the Hillsborough disaster - I thought that was a sick thing for you to say then and still think it's sick now.

As for Endo, I never once thought he was world class. I was merely constantly saying he was world class because so many on here were getting at him before he'd kicked a ball. It's called sarcasm. I was saying he was world class after a five minute cameo in some instances.

Not being Scouse, you might not get Scouse humour. I know very few do. If you actually took "world class" as serious then you are a bigger tit than you demonstrate.

Even I can’t think back that far  but maybe you took some of my post out on context like I have you saying Endo world class. Trust me I get scouse humour, wouldn’t have lasted 5 mins on here if I didn’t. Maybe it’s you who doesn’t get manc humour like I get you lot! Pause for thought lad!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #177: Nov 02, 2023 01:58:06 pm
      https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,41017.msg1129225.html#msg1129225

It won't let me quote it as the thread has been locked but;

Sorry Billy i can't agree. You don't throw the towel in when the going gets tough...(( which he did ))... Now i know the  Hillsborough  tragedy took a lot out of him...(( quite rightly too ))... However, when i read your forum members never give up no matter what happens, i have to think again.  :-\  Its called THE LIVERPOOL WAY.  ;)

That's not out of context, you said Kenny threw the towel in after the Hillsborough disaster. I called you a c**t at the time and I still think you are for saying it. So let's just go back to me not responding to you because I can't F***ing forget or forgive anybody thinking that way about a man that went through so much for this club as a player, a manager and as a person.

So I'll leave you with this, as it was back in 2011.

Please don't bother as you're now on me ignore list. I have no desire to read anymore posts by somebody who rubbishes Kenny Dalglish as both a manager and more importantly a human being. Nothing has been taking out of context so don't play the sympathy card, what you've said about Kenny is a disgrace. So don't waste your time replying as I won't be able to see it nor do I wish to.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #178: Nov 02, 2023 01:59:57 pm
      All that matters is progressing into the next round and we've done that. Difficult conditions, heavily rotated team and playing against a side who probably saw this as their Cup final yet we've come through fairly comfortable. The scares we had were mainly down to our desire to play suicide passes in and around our box. But for the most past we were always in control of the game.

Had a couple of chances to kill the game off and for whatever reason made the wrong choice (normally shooting instead of laying the ball off to someone in a better position) which made the last ten minutes a bit more nervy than they needed to be but we got through it in the end. And that's enough for me.

Some more minutes for some of the younger lads and the squad players as well as a chance for others to try and impress the boss and force their way into our "best" XI. Some took that chance more than others.

I don't need to tell anyone how much the League Cup means to me and how pissed off I get at people rubbishing it. So to see us giving it a proper go is getting a smile out of me. A favourable draw in the quarter finals should see us reach Wembley again because over two legs we should be confident of beating anyone - especially those who are left. And then it's a chance to take our League Cup tally up to 10.

Quadruple is still well and truly on.

Kelleher - I said after the Toulouse game that is was his worst game in a Liverpool shirt and I thought first half he'd erased that from his mind and gone back to being the quality keeper we all know he is. I thought he was exceptional in those first 45 minutes. But second half something switched. It wasn't as bad as Toulouse but he wasn't as confident as he was before the break. Some really dodgy passes, didn't look comfortable from their set pieces and didn't install confidence in me or the other players by the looks of it. But we got through and he'll get another chance to rectify that.

Gomez - is quickly becoming the most improved player of the season. I know some think he's always had these qualities and he just needed game time to prove it and maybe he did because he's certainly proving it this season. In the summer I'd of been happy to never see Joe Gomez play for the club again but this season he's proven his worth both as a starter and as a squad player. Doesn't matter if he's playing at centre half or on the right like yesterday, he's impressing. Great goal line clearance, offered a threat down the flank and I'm backing him to eventually score this season because he's trying to every game.

Matip - can't say it enough but I F***ing love this fella. A solid, dependable performer every game. Hopefully we give him another contract because he's earned it although that may hinder the progress of his centre half partner from last night.

Quansah - for me was clearly man of the match and while I wouldn't reccommend our centre halves doing Cruyff turns facing our goal on the touchline, young Jarell done it superbly. Won everything in the air. Stopped anything along the ground. Future looks very bright for him. But he's gonna be 21 in a couple of months and at that age he really needs to be more than fifth choice. Could be a big decision for him and club to be made in January or next summer.

Tsimikas - another game where Kostas wasn't great but wasn't shocking either. Continue to be solid and the absence of Robbo won't be as noticable as we feared.

Szoboszlai - really underperformed in my opinion. Was sloppy with the ball with a few overhit passes. From the edge of the box he really should be testing the keeper at the least instead of hitting it wide. And at the start of the second half trying to go past the entire Bournemouth defence on the edge of the box before losing it - and I think that was the only time I saw him in the second half until he was brought off.

Endo - like Dom, he was sloppy with the ball especially when trying to play the more extravagant passes early on but once he went back to just playing it simple he was ok. Still think the pace of the game is catching him out. And I wasn't surprised to see him as one of the first brought off. He is a squad player and nothing more though. People thinking he's gonna be Fabinho's replacement need their heads checking and stop expecting him to be that because he never was meant to be that player. He was always being brought in as somebody who would fill a gap for the Cup/European games and maybe the odd 15 minutes here or there in the League.

Jones - since his suspension he's gone back to trying too hard to impress. Whether he feels Gravenberch has gone above him in the pecking order for the League games I don't know but when he was playing week in week out before the Spurs game, he was playing the role of keeping us ticking over so well. He was doing the simple things well. But yesterday and against Toulouse I felt it was the Curtis Jones that we saw last year with him trying too much on his own. Trying to show Jürgen that he should be playing because of his individual work as opposed to his team work.

Elliott - I feel a bit for Harvey when he's asked to play on the right wing because he doesn't have the skill or pace to play it to the level we expect. And ultimately he's replacing Mo Salah in that position which is no easy feat for anybody in world football. Having said that, Elliott done ok. He wasn't the best player on the park nor was he the worst. Should of had an assist to his name but Salah fluffed the header. Worked his socks off like he always does. Not sure he becomes a regular starter for us but as a squad player offers us a lot.

Salah - played 90 minutes and for 90 minutes had me scratching me head as to why we didn't cash in on him in the summer. Shocking performance from our main man. But he's proven enough times this season why we were right to keep him so one shocker can be forgiven. And if he hadn't missed that header, or if later on in the game people passed rather than shooting, I'd probably be saying it's what Mo does - he scores. Yesterday he didn't use that get out jail card.

Gakpo - Jürgen must be pulling his hair out while also having the biggest smile on his face with these forwards. How can he justify dropping any of them when they all score whenever given the chance? Like I say with Jota, if Cody isn't through the middle then he might as well not be on the pitch. And his goal came from being alert in the box, which was probably his only touch of note in that first half. Second half wasn't much better either but he's a forward and he scored so he's basically done his job.

Alexander-Arnold - he was one of those guilty of failing to make the right choice when we were looking to put the game to bed. Fantastic run through the heart of their midfield and then with options left and right, he decides to shoot rather tamely. Don't remember much more from his performance.

Mac Allister - like Trent, I don't remember much about his performance other than I saw him wearing gloves like a tart. Never been a fan of anybody doing that. If you're cold then run your bollocks off to warm your body up.

Nunez - he's just oozing confidence right now, to the point that he can miscontrol a ball and still end up with it nestling in the top corner. What a F***ing strike it was. That pr**k Danny Mills tried blaming the keeper then when everyone else laughed at him he said on replay it was a great goal and he was being harsh to blame the keeper. His first goal in the League Cup and what a way to open your account.

Gravenberch - nothing of note from the lad other than coming on to see the game through.

Jota - worked hard in his ten minute cameo but not much more.

Overall, we're in the next round and should be looking at this as a real opportunity to pick up more silverwear. And with the depth we have in our squad right now means that no matter how much we rotate we should still be fielding a relatively strong side.

What could be a better way to start the festive period than to tw*t United at Anfield, move into the semi finals of the League Cup and then tw*t Arsenal at Anfield.

It's a very good time to be a Red. And this c**t is one happy Red right now.

Only thing id say is what klopp said about taking chances at the back is was his orders and was only because of the wind, punting it wasnt an option, at one stage the ball came back at them in the air. l o l
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #179: Nov 02, 2023 02:07:46 pm
      https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,41017.msg1129225.html#msg1129225

It won't let me quote it as the thread has been locked but;

That's not out of context, you said Kenny threw the towel in after the Hillsborough disaster. I called you a c**t at the time and I still think you are for saying it. So let's just go back to me not responding to you because I can't F***ing forget or forgive anybody thinking that way about a man that went through so much for this club as a player, a manager and as a person.

So I'll leave you with this, as it was back in 2011.

Thanks for digging it out as I was also looking for it. It’s hardly a slant on KK  but you have your opinion and I’m not going to change that.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #180: Nov 02, 2023 02:21:04 pm

I think Heysel took alot out of Kenny. It haunted him ... and Joe left straight away and Kenny became player manager and had to answer the questions and pick up the pieces.

Kenny put everything in as player manager and then manager. He put everything into Liverpool for 12 years and then Hillsborough.

This isn't any club. It's his club. And these weren't just people ... they were his people. I think going to every one of those funerals ... dealing with heartbroken families put alot on Kenny. But that's the type of man he is. He was there for all ... well beyond Hillsborough. He took the whole club ... and carried everything on his back through those dark days.

Mental health wasn't a thing back then. But even as an upset 12 year old watching the press conference on TV ... I could tell my hero wasn't well. He looked very ill. And it was a very sad day. Sometimes you just need to get away. You can't give anymore. He did the right thing ... as hard as it was to walk away from his club ... and his people ... because he needed to heal himself.

He would have come back ... 6 months later. It just didn't pan out. But in 2010 he did ... and he won a trophy for this club ... and he deserved it.

Kenny Dalglish is without question a man of integrity, a loyal man , a caring man who loves this club and its supporters. Over the years I've idolised legends like Rush, Torres, Barnes, Fowler, McMahon, Hansen, Gerrard etc etc. But Kenny was my childhood hero and he always will be ... for being a great player. But more so for being a great man, a man of empathy and a man of true selflessness who led this club through its darkest time. The king he will forever be.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #181: Nov 02, 2023 02:28:52 pm
      And to get back on topic. Couldn't watch or follow last night but happy to be in the next round and keep the wheels rolling. Just one undeserved defeat so far this season. Lots to be optimistic about. I'm always cautious though. But if we can stay relatively normal with the level of knocks etc then hopefully there will be exciting days ahead this season.

Nice to see Cody and Darwin on the sheet. Along with Mo and Diogo the more regular scorers we have the better things will be.

Onto the weekend we go.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #182: Nov 02, 2023 03:27:41 pm
      Thanks for digging it out as I was also looking for it. It’s hardly a slant on KK  but you have your opinion and I’m not going to change that.

Disappointed myself tbh, the king went every funeral back then. his heed must have been mince after that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #183: Nov 02, 2023 03:38:35 pm
      Disappointed myself tbh, the king went every funeral back then. his heed must have been mince after that.

There’s no doubt Brez, anyone in same position would be the same.

Quick Reply