Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Pre-Match UEL: Toulouse V Liverpool FC - 17:45KO

Read 4177 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Pre-Match UEL: Toulouse V Liverpool FC - 17:45KO
      Nov 06, 2023 12:59:44 pm
      Keen to get over yesterday’s poor result.

We go into this one in a fairly strong position in the group and realistically only need a point or so to secure top spot.

Thinking we might see a mix of experience here, and a refreshed team against Brentford on the Sunday.

Early kick off on this one as an FYI!

What do you reckon, strength and grab the 3 points and rest for remainder of group stages or a small amount of rotation?

Record in France against French teams:
      30 games
      17 wins
      3 draws
      10 defeats

NB: Team no longer available
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Re: Pre-Match UEL: Toulouse V Liverpool FC - 17:45KO
      Reply #1: Nov 06, 2023 02:56:28 pm
      I'd say we'll see Tsimikas and Gomez at fullback, Quansah and  Matip at CB.

Midfield will be Endo, Elliot and Jones (if he's fit) and I'd say up front we'll play Jota, Gakpo and Nunez if someone like Doak isn't available.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2: Nov 06, 2023 03:03:19 pm

Midfield will be Endo, Elliot and Jones (if he's fit) and I'd say up front we'll play Jota, Gakpo and Nunez if someone like Doak isn't available.

Will defo have loads of rotation again, keep big hitters on bench.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #3: Nov 06, 2023 04:49:25 pm

I'd rather we finish with that line up, and go all out full strength to win this. Get comfortably ahead, then make the changes. Get the group won so we can relax a bit in the remainder of the group games. We go behind with a weakened side and well struggle to get back in control as we'll have the 9 man defence to cope with again.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4: Nov 06, 2023 04:56:20 pm
      I'd rather we finish with that line up, and go all out full strength to win this. Get comfortably ahead, then make the changes. Get the group won so we can relax a bit in the remainder of the group games. We go behind with a weakened side and well struggle to get back in control as we'll have the 9 man defence to cope with again.

These guys are almost certain to start.

Gapko, Quansah, Kostas, matip, endo, jones & elliott . And diaz if he is feeling upto it.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #5: Nov 07, 2023 11:57:24 am
      These guys are almost certain to start.

Gapko, Quansah, Kostas, matip, endo, jones & elliott . And diaz if he is feeling upto it.

Youre probably right brez, Just hope it doesn't come back and bite us on the arse. The above are all good players without a doubt, it all comes down to how good they are as a unit, and do they compliment each other, or do they look disjointed. Its all about playing regularly with each other isn't it.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #6: Nov 07, 2023 01:09:21 pm
      Salah and Szobo shouldn't even be in the squad. Leave em home for all I care. They should be watching the game from the couch. Both need a rest and we need to manage them from their selves
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #7: Nov 07, 2023 01:30:50 pm
      Salah and Szobo shouldn't even be in the squad. Leave em home for all I care. They should be watching the game from the couch. Both need a rest and we need to manage them from their selves

Agree. Just need to beat lask at home and we're pretty much guaranteed to win the group.

If Doak is fit I'd give him a game or Elliott. Endo Mac and Jones in midfield.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #8: Nov 07, 2023 02:31:59 pm
      Agree....but not for the same reason: I'd hold them back in case of injury...Salah can't be tired, he did very little on Sunday....and even less in the previous game against Bournemouth.
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #9: Nov 07, 2023 03:07:46 pm
      Leave Ibou,Virg,Dom,Salah out completely .
      Kelleher
      Tzimikas
      Matip
      Quansah
      Gomez(60 mins)
      Endo
      Jones
      Elliott
      Diaz
      Gakpo
      Doak
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #10: Nov 07, 2023 03:12:40 pm
      Leave Ibou,Virg,Dom,Salah out completely .
      Kelleher
      Tzimikas
      Matip
      Quansah
      Gomez(60 mins)
      Endo
      Jones
      Elliott
      Diaz
      Gakpo
      Doak

With Endo in I'd like to see Macca get a game in his favourite position here. Show what he can do. I'd pair him up with Elliott in there.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #11: Nov 07, 2023 03:15:58 pm
      Kelleher

Tsimikas
      Matip
      Quansah
      Gomez

Endo
      Mac
      Gravenberch

Diaz
      Gakpo
      Elliott
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #12: Nov 07, 2023 04:06:03 pm
      Youre probably right brez, Just hope it doesn't come back and bite us on the arse. The above are all good players without a doubt, it all comes down to how good they are as a unit, and do they compliment each other, or do they look disjointed. Its all about playing regularly with each other isn't it.

Not let us down so far in the cups.

Its actually been brilliant being able to rotate so much and still win games.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #13: Nov 07, 2023 04:07:05 pm

Aye for sure.

Suspect they will be on the bench tho.

rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #14: Nov 07, 2023 04:53:43 pm
      With Endo in I'd like to see Macca get a game in his favourite position here. Show what he can do. I'd pair him up with Elliott in there.

Be nice to see at least 1/2 hour or so yes
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #15: Nov 07, 2023 05:40:20 pm
      Be nice to see at least 1/2 hour or so yes

Surely he has to. He must be pretty miffed to have to play the 6. He doesn't like it. It's not what he signed up for. He's being put there over a proper no6.

So when said no6 plays there ... surely he's going to be even more miffed if he then is benched. Gonna mess with his head even more I think.

I bet he's desperate to get on to the position he likes and show us what he can do. And I hope he gets that chance. Not just Thursday ... but beyond. Let's see what Thursday brings.
      RickRed
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | 12 
      Reply #16: Nov 07, 2023 06:51:00 pm
      No Alisson, Virgil, Trent, Szoboslai, Salah or Nunez please.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #17: Nov 07, 2023 07:10:39 pm
      No Alisson, Virgil, Trent, Szoboslai, Salah or Nunez please.

Nunez needs to play. Especially after sunday. He's fifth choice here in my opinion so the europa is a must. I'd be saving Gakpo, Jota etc for the weekend.

Hopefully the news is good for Luis and his dad gets released. If that's the case I'd grant him some leave to go and be with him.
      RickRed
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | 12 
      Reply #18: Nov 07, 2023 08:52:39 pm
      Nunez needs to play. Especially after sunday. He's fifth choice here in my opinion so the europa is a must. I'd be saving Gakpo, Jota etc for the weekend.

Hopefully the news is good for Luis and his dad gets released. If that's the case I'd grant him some leave to go and be with him.

Nunez is our no1 striker in my opinion, this season he’s been away on international duty and seems to play 90 minutes each game and gets back late so Klopp don’t start him, yes he missed a couple of chances on Sunday but he has been scoring and assisting this season and playing well.
      Salah and Jota were really poor on Sunday with both missing chances but barely got a mention.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #19: Nov 08, 2023 12:23:10 pm
      Nunez is our no1 striker in my opinion, this season he’s been away on international duty and seems to play 90 minutes each game and gets back late so Klopp don’t start him, yes he missed a couple of chances on Sunday but he has been scoring and assisting this season and playing well.
      Salah and Jota were really poor on Sunday with both missing chances but barely got a mention.

Salah and Jota are proven match winners and world class operators. Darwin isn't.

When gakpo plays in the false 9 I like the way we play with with Jota and Salah either side. Diaz also on the left is an option. He's 5th choice all day in these eyes ... sorry. But I respect your opinion differs.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #20: Nov 08, 2023 02:03:04 pm
      Salah and Jota are proven match winners and world class operators. Darwin isn't.

When gakpo plays in the false 9 I like the way we play with with Jota and Salah either side. Diaz also on the left is an option. He's 5th choice all day in these eyes ... sorry. But I respect your opinion differs.

I think they’re all top drawer. It’s a matter of who compliments who.
      Darwin has missed a few sitters but scored some vital goals the others may have missed.
      He seems to be the go to scapegoat when we lose. 🤷‍♂️
      Unbalance criticism in my opinion.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #21: Nov 08, 2023 03:50:23 pm
      Darwin has missed a few sitters but scored some vital goals the others may have missed.

THIS !!!

Folk seem to forget his goals that won us games.

Only remember the odd bad sitter he misses, as if all strikers dont miss sitters. l o l
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #22: Nov 08, 2023 04:29:12 pm

Newcastle Away a classic example not sure any of the others would score sure it's hypothetical but look beyond the finsihes the runs he makes are as good as anyone around

Quick Reply