Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brentford?

Alisson Becker
      5 (7.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (26.6%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      2 (3.1%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      28 (43.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      2 (3.1%)
      Darwin Núñez
      8 (12.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.6%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Jarell Quansah
      0 (0%)
      James McConnell
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Nov 16, 2023 04:00:56 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Brentford: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 9340 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Brentford: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Nov 12, 2023 07:44:10 pm
      When Chelsea beat City by 4 we're top of the league.

They scored 4 but useless fuckers conceded ; as well 😱
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #300: Nov 12, 2023 08:10:09 pm
      Reading back through these posts and seeing the concerns with var.
      Does anyone else feel like me.
      I think that rather than just check a goal scoring incident incident on var, where we are concerned, they scrutinise everything forensicly   looking for an opportunity to disallow a goal.
      Perhaps it’s just me 🤷‍♂️
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #301: Nov 12, 2023 09:07:55 pm
      One point off City 12 games in   

Now a trip to the empthiad 

How many ppl honestly thought We'd be in this situation when the league kicked-off??

We might lose but even 4 points is not the end. We'll get em at Anfield

There's a reason no team has won 4 Leagues in a row

Think about that, for all the imperfections in our game ( cough cough , Being robbed at Spurs ), we are at a game where we could be Top the League.

So 2nd in the League...Going through in Europa, and QF in Carabo which we are odds on favorite to win , (maybe we'll see.)

How can anyone complain after a complete midfeld rebuild on our record to date.

No team is perfect, not even the team with 115 chargers against them.

COYR

YNWA!!!

Klopp is God

riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #302: Nov 12, 2023 09:41:15 pm
      Great to get 3 points again and only one real scare, Ali's save at 0-0.
      3 very good goals and we could have had a few more
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #303: Nov 12, 2023 09:43:17 pm
      I think that rather than just check a goal scoring incident incident on var, where we are concerned, they scrutinise everything forensicly   looking for an opportunity to disallow a goal.

Said the same to me old man during the game seems like every goal we score is heavily scrutinised to find a flaw I’d sack it off in an instant ,
      Had we not been burgled at the spuds we’d be top now not bad for a rebuild and the team still finding it’s way .
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #304: Nov 12, 2023 10:45:34 pm
      Solid performance well deserved. Virgil is truly back to his best. Nunez looked brilliant, unlucky not to score. Looked like watching prime Torres.

Still a tad concerning we give away too many chances. Read Brentford had 16 goal attempts even though most were low quality - that’s still a lot at Anfield. Our next opponents are unfortunately quite clinical.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,437 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #305: Nov 12, 2023 11:03:33 pm

When they were taking ages to review the endo tackle  I thought if he gets sent off for that then that's me finished with football
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #306: Nov 13, 2023 01:22:21 am
      Went with Virgil motm,when he's on form,he makes it look easy,5-0 would not have flattered us,but 3-0 will do.

Whether it's the captaincy, or the extra summer after his injury, or not covering for a below par Fabinho and Henderson, I'm agreed. He's looking much better than last season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #307: Nov 13, 2023 01:24:00 am
      Read Brentford had 16 goal attempts

That does surprise me. Didn't feel like that kind of game. Bet a few were pot shots after we were 3-0 up.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #308: Nov 13, 2023 01:25:20 am
      How many ppl honestly thought We'd be in this situation when the league kicked-off??

None of us I reckon and probably not even Klopp!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #309: Nov 13, 2023 05:09:35 am
      We hoped for the best without a DM so we are just a nise length away from City and in my birthday, Liverpool have to give me a birthday present, minimum, by not losing.

Vvd was exceptional, Nunez was spot on (scored two brilliant disallowed goals) with his assist. Endo was a bulldog in the midfield, not afraid to put his body on the line.

Salah as anyone knows, what a player. Thanks to Var, he's not celebrating as he was.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #310: Nov 13, 2023 07:03:22 am
      We hoped for the best without a DM so we are just a nise length away from City and in my birthday, Liverpool have to give me a birthday present, minimum, by not losing.

Vvd was exceptional, Nunez was spot on (scored two brilliant disallowed goals) with his assist. Endo was a bulldog in the midfield, not afraid to put his body on the line.

Salah as anyone knows, what a player. Thanks to Var, he's not celebrating as he was.

I thought Endo had an average game, especially as a DM. He was probably better than his midweek outing. But, I think we need to buy a holding mid in Jan who can slot into the squad immediately for us to be fighting till the end.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #311: Nov 13, 2023 08:28:42 am

Yep, certainly feels that we’re being targeted for sure, it’s the inconsistency between referees on certain instances that are the problem, but the solution is there….common sense….but that’s not allowed anymore, Refs are only human and we all make mistakes, and Refs are instructed to abide by the laws of the game, so they have to act like robots and not use their own initiative in certain situations, of course not all Refs will see the laws in the exact same way hence the inconsistency,

The offside rule…that’s the same thing as men trying to understand women…but again there’s a simple solution…give the attacking players the benefit of doubt….if he’s level, he’s on, simples, no need for lines to be drawn, no need for any scrutiny or the latest idiocy of his silhouette….what the F**k is that all about? ….just another ploy to confuse things more !!

Shanks said….it’s a simple game confused by idiots…..Spot on that, especially from those who apply the laws…..there’s nothing wrong with VAR, it’s the idiots of the PGMOL inflicting pressure on the VAR operators to agree with their agenda’s,
      It has to be….cos VAR works in other sports as has been explained numerous times and it’s only in the English Premier League that there are issues…..go figure??

YNWA

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #312: Nov 13, 2023 08:56:12 am

Think about that, for all the imperfections in our game ( cough cough , Being robbed at Spurs ), we are at a game where we could be Top the League.

So 2nd in the League...Going through in Europa, and QF in Carabo which we are odds on favorite to win , (maybe we'll see.)

COYR

YNWA!!!

Klopp is God

WELL SAID.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #313: Nov 13, 2023 09:05:25 am

COYR

YNWA!!!

Klopp is God

Nice read - we are so lucky to have Klopp!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,066 posts | 3434 
      Reply #314: Nov 13, 2023 09:21:24 am
      When reading though the various threads both the players and the match threads you would think we would be doing worse than the Mancs and be around mid table

We aren’t going to win every match , we are going to drops points , we are going to have games where we struggle a little

It’s clear that this season it’s going to be a tight one and teams are going to drop points

We are in the mix
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      Reply #315: Nov 13, 2023 10:22:39 am
      I thought Endo had an average game, especially as a DM. He was probably better than his midweek outing. But, I think we need to buy a holding mid in Jan who can slot into the squad immediately for us to be fighting till the end.

He played his game well. Nothing out of this world but kept thing ticking and fouled their team to break their attack in areas that can't hurt as with set-pieces.

What a feeling being just 1 point away from top spot.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #316: Nov 13, 2023 10:41:39 am
      He played his game well. Nothing out of this world but kept thing ticking and fouled their team to break their attack in areas that can't hurt as with set-pieces.

What a feeling being just 1 point away from top spot.

Advance birthday wishes and let us hope for a 3 point birthday on Nov 25!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #317: Nov 13, 2023 10:43:18 am
      Whether it's the captaincy, or the extra summer after his injury, or not covering for a below par Fabinho and Henderson, I'm agreed. He's looking much better than last season.

Said it before he isn't playing midweek with us in league Cup and Europa that's the main difference
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #318: Nov 13, 2023 10:57:41 am
      1 point off City and play them next.
      Damn right I'd have taken that scenario at the start of the season.
      Salah and Nunez show next thanks very much.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      Reply #319: Nov 13, 2023 11:42:32 am
      Advance birthday wishes and let us hope for a 3 point birthday on Nov 25!

I really wish on! At least, a draw.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #320: Nov 13, 2023 02:49:32 pm
      When reading though the various threads both the players and the match threads you would think we would be doing worse than the Mancs and be around mid table

We aren’t going to win every match , we are going to drops points , we are going to have games where we struggle a little

It’s clear that this season it’s going to be a tight one and teams are going to drop points

We are in the mix

We certainly are. I think we will beat city next game, but if we should lose, and the three teams below us win, we will be down to 5th.
      This is due to the inept ref and var versus Spurs. If that decision alone costs us the premium title, surely there has to be some sort of recompense.
      Could the club sue the prem or the PGMOL. Is that even an option ?  Apart from the trophy and the record, theres the matter of a few million quid involved here. Someone is responsible, so why shouldn't they be made accountable.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,066 posts | 3434 
      Reply #321: Nov 13, 2023 03:05:06 pm
      We certainly are. I think we will beat city next game, but if we should lose, and the three teams below us win, we will be down to 5th.
      This is due to the inept ref and var versus Spurs. If that decision alone costs us the premium title, surely there has to be some sort of recompense.
      Could the club sue the prem or the PGMOL. Is that even an option ?  Apart from the trophy and the record, theres the matter of a few million quid involved here. Someone is responsible, so why shouldn't they be made accountable.

Games for decades have had incorrect decisions

The club won’t and shouldn’t even think about suing anyone based on an incorrect decision

Quick Reply