Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brentford?

Alisson Becker
      5 (7.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (26.6%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      2 (3.1%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      28 (43.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      2 (3.1%)
      Darwin Núñez
      8 (12.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.6%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Jarell Quansah
      0 (0%)
      James McConnell
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Nov 16, 2023 04:00:56 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Brentford: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 9339 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Brentford: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Nov 13, 2023 03:57:16 pm
      Even with a 'dodgy midfield' and 'weak defense' we have lost 1 game (robbed against Spurs), in 23 in the Premier League and have the joint best defense currently ;D.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,312 posts | 775 
      Reply #323: Nov 13, 2023 04:10:45 pm
      We certainly are. I think we will beat city next game, but if we should lose, and the three teams below us win, we will be down to 5th.
      This is due to the inept ref and var versus Spurs. If that decision alone costs us the premium title, surely there has to be some sort of recompense.
      Could the club sue the prem or the PGMOL. Is that even an option ?  Apart from the trophy and the record, theres the matter of a few million quid involved here. Someone is responsible, so why shouldn't they be made accountable.
      Officials make mistakes.....and because it's impossible to not have mistakes, the football authorities can't guarantee to not making them, all they can do is hope to keep them to a minimum and apologise for them.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #324: Nov 13, 2023 04:50:04 pm
      Did not see the game yesterday, being in work. Simply glad the Reds won picking up three valuable points ! btw been offline for a couple of weeks, laptop been in for repairs. I am glad to be back with you all.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #325: Nov 13, 2023 07:28:15 pm
      Important 3 points yesterday, Brentford are a tricky side, but in general it was comfortable enough. Sure they missed some good chances, but we missed more than they missed, and got three :)

Mo doing the biz again with the first 2 goals. Safe to say NOT cashing in with the Saudis this summer was the right decision.

But to pick one from back/middle/front - VVD is starting to look more like the player pre-assault,  Endo was good at shoring up the center and getting stuck in, and Nunez [mainly in the first half] never stopped, was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet, and setup the important first for Mo.

1 point off the top and it still feels like we haven't hit full stride, some players still getting their feet fully under the table. Big test though away to Citeh - after an Intl break, in an early kickoff - so we need to be right at it from the off.  Citeh without DeBruyne and Stones still the team to beat.  Massive game.  If we could win it, what a confidence boost that would be.   
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #326: Nov 13, 2023 09:05:38 pm
      The key for this side is going to be whether we can improve away from home enough to keep pace with City.

At home I've got no doubt that we will rack up enough points to win a title but it's away where I have my concerns. Don't think we've put in a single good performance away from home and it's mid November.

Change that and we've got a great chance.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #327: Nov 13, 2023 09:40:59 pm
      That was a cracking win yesterday against a decent side. I went for VVD for motm. He is in imperious form at the moment, it's great to see because i think most of us suspected his best years were behind him but he has been excellent. Nunex in the first half was absolutely terrific, Salah was excellent all game and i was impressed with Endo yesterday. That was his best performance in a red shirt.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #328: Nov 21, 2023 08:19:16 pm
      Quote from GERNS
      We certainly are. I think we will beat city next game, but if we should lose, and the three teams below us win, we will be down to 5th.
      This is due to the inept ref and var versus Spurs. If that decision alone costs us the premium title, surely there has to be some sort of recompense.
      Could the club sue the prem or the PGMOL. Is that even an option ?  Apart from the trophy and the record, theres the matter of a few million quid involved here. Someone is responsible, so why shouldn't they be made accountable.

If Gravenberch scored his tap in at Brighton, we would be top of the table now. If we beat Luton, we would be top of the table now. Even the mancs beat Luton, but............ we couldn't. Alternatively, if the Newcastle goal ("made in Saudi Arabia" according to one member of this parish) in their last home game was ruled out, we would not even be second now.

As it was the linesman who put his flag up in error so that the Diaz goal could be disallowed, should we sue the linesman? It's never happened before, at any level.

VAR had very little impact in this game, and certainly didn't justify the 75 minute long hysterical rant about it, and officiating in general from Neil Mellor on match commentary. He even turned Steve Hunter's head to such an extent that he was convinced that the first VAR acknowledgement of offside by the linesman against Darwin, was incorrect, despite the lines drawn out for him, followed by the word OFFSIDE written in huge, colour coded, capital letters across both their screens. This was further compounded the next day, by another embarrassing rant from him on air about VAR, because nobody celebrated the second goal. Nobody celebrated because they thought the ball was out of play, including the players, management, and Mo himself. And I would if I saw it live as well. That's why it wasn't celebrated. VAR confirmed of course that the goal was legal. While Joel showed how much he forgives referees making human errors on the pitch, by picking up a yellow card.

As for the apparantly difficult opposition, they haven't scored a goal at our house since 1937. Honestly, they're mid table rubbish, that we should and did put away. After all that, 10 points from 12 collected during this set of fixtures, has seen us leap from 4th to 2nd. Now if only we could beat Luton.........

Quick Reply