Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

What should happen to City?

Read 4828 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,171 posts | 1095 
      What should happen to City?
      Nov 22, 2023 06:22:01 pm
      What's the fairest punishment?

What's the most realistic punishment?

Two different things 😔
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Re: What should happen to City?
      Reply #1: Nov 22, 2023 07:50:37 pm
      Well if you consider the bitters punishment, after working with the fa to explain the reasons they got in the situation they were in, then City, trying to hide and cover up their missdemeaners.
      Continually denying their cheating and going the extra mile to cover everything up.
      I’m not sure if the 10 points deductions is the maximum allowed. If it is, they need relegating to div 2 and have 10 points deducted. If 10 is not the max, then they should have 20 deducted.
      Plus, all their titles and trophies they won through out the period of their cheating, should be removed from the record books, and the runners up in those competitions should be compensated financially accordingly.
      See how long Pep and the Arabs hang around then.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,286 posts | 1400 
      Reply #2: Nov 22, 2023 08:34:48 pm
      Well the Premier League issued a complaint against Everton and referred the case to an Independent Commission.

The 10 point deduction was for a 'breach' of the Premier Leagues Profitability and Sustainability rules.

City are facing 115 charges of 'financial breaches'. Issue for a lot of fans seems to be, will the League have the bottle to really punish City. A 10 point deduction at the start of next season would be a slap on the wrist.

If found guilty the punishment MUST fit the crime.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #3: Nov 22, 2023 09:26:58 pm
      If they've actually breached the rules 100+ times then relegation and retrospectively losing their previous titles is the only fair outcome really.

Realistically they will get a fine at most.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #4: Nov 22, 2023 09:39:05 pm
      Something similar to Rangers. Knock them down 4 or 5 levels. Peps probably gonna bounce anyway and go somewhere else. Maybe PSG? It's the only other club with unlimited spending that he hasn't already coached. Without the big money he doesn't win.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 305 posts | 47 
      Reply #5: Nov 22, 2023 10:25:25 pm
      If they've actually breached the rules 100+ times then relegation and retrospectively losing their previous titles is the only fair outcome really.

Realistically they will get a fine
      A fine for a oily f**ker,come on really
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 833 posts | 298 
      Reply #6: Nov 22, 2023 11:14:27 pm
      I don't think that retrospectively taking away their trophies is a realistic punishment. I'd never feel that trophies we won because City were stripped of that title were equivalent to the ones we won on the pitch. We'd not have 20 league titles in my heart, we'd have 19+1.
      I also think it creates a difficult situation for the Premier league in relation to the Everton situation. The teams who got relegated in the last two seasons instead of Everton would have good reason to feel cheated.

I agree with YANK_LFC_FAN, they should be relegated, 4 or 5 levels, maybe expelled from the football league so they have to restart in the National league. Maybe also a big fine to go to grassroots or lower league football.

Also, I think they should need to admit their guilt and accept some form of auditing of their accounts before they are able to return to the league.

I'm actually quite optimistic that they will get a significant punishment, the league have made a significant precedent with the Everton punishment, letting City of with a small fine or points reduction would make the league look very biased.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Nov 23, 2023 10:47:16 am
      Bin them from the league, just like the ranguurs in scotland. l o l
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8: Nov 23, 2023 10:48:17 am
      Well the Premier League issued a complaint against Everton and referred the case to an Independent Commission.

The 10 point deduction was for a 'breach' of the Premier Leagues Profitability and Sustainability rules.

City are facing 115 charges of 'financial breaches'. Issue for a lot of fans seems to be, will the League have the bottle to really punish City. A 10 point deduction at the start of next season would be a slap on the wrist.

If found guilty the punishment MUST fit the crime.

I can see evertons points reduction changing to less, 6 maybe ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #9: Nov 23, 2023 04:23:32 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #10: Nov 23, 2023 05:54:16 pm
      Nothing is going to happen to them.

But fairness wise it would have to be something nuclear to match what they’ve done to the game. Their cheating hasn’t just affected the teams they beat for the title but also you could make a case that they’ve possibly altered who should be relegated in the years they cheated.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #11: Nov 23, 2023 09:08:29 pm

Realistically they will get a fine at most.

Pretty much how I think it'll go.

They'll get a fine that'll amount to a slap on the wrist.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #12: Nov 23, 2023 11:22:45 pm
      Pretty much how I think it'll go.

They'll get a fine that'll amount to a slap on the wrist.

They can't deduct everton 10 points and only give cheaty a fine for over a decade of rule breaking and sustained attempts to cover it up and disrupt all attempts to investigate them.

But they will .... I don't know how anyone can watch moneyball anymore and believe they are watching a legitimate and fair competition. Its a corrupt circus with plenty making a mint out of that corruption.

These authorities won't bite the hand that feeds them.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,940 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #13: Nov 24, 2023 10:43:37 am
      Drop them back to the 3rd division, 10 points for Blueshite is correct, the punishment must fit the crime otherwise what would be the point,
      City possibly Chavs too should have the book thrown at them, if not then it will give carte blanche to any other club to do the same and cheat their way to titles & tin,
      The real question is will the powers have the balls to do what’s right??

Of course we’ll all want them stripped of their titles etc but I wouldn’t want us for example being awarded anything that is tarnished by them, let them keep their successes as a constant reminder of their cheating ways knowing that their worthless, I’m sure a few new songs will be composed from terraces up and down the land just to help run it in,

Rangers we’re dealt with properly, City & Chavs should face the same fate, drop them to the lowest tiers and watch their owners sail away into the sunset!!

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14: Nov 24, 2023 12:11:20 pm
      I don't think that retrospectively taking away their trophies is a realistic punishment. I'd never feel that trophies we won because City were stripped of that title were equivalent to the ones we won on the pitch. We'd not have 20 league titles in my heart, we'd have 19+1.
      I also think it creates a difficult situation for the Premier league in relation to the Everton situation. The teams who got relegated in the last two seasons instead of Everton would have good reason to feel cheated.

I’m of similar opinion, stripping  City of the league title/s would have those in the runners up position all fighting it out in the courts to be classed as champions. It’s very similar with Stappen on F1 racing. He has two world titles +1 As a fan I wouldn’t like a +1

Everton will probably lose 5/6 points when agreement is settled.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,940 posts | 4994 
      Reply #15: Nov 24, 2023 01:53:09 pm
      I’m of similar opinion, stripping  City of the league title/s would have those in the runners up position all fighting it out in the courts to be classed as champions. It’s very similar with Stappen on F1 racing. He has two world titles +1 As a fan I wouldn’t like a +1

Everton will probably lose 5/6 points when agreement is settled.

You’re probably right regards to Blueshite and their inevitable appeal, although I would extend it for having the gal to appeal on something they knew was against FFP regulations, cheeky fuckers, so I’d slap them with a additional six points the cheeky cnuts,

As for City and the plastics, throw the f***in book at them both, the Skybet league would profit greatly having two reasonably sized clubs plying their trade and boosting the away end at every ground in that league, and swelling the home clubs coffers at the same time, see, not all bed for the game is it !!

Rangers were handed their balls on a plate in Scotland quite rightly so, and the same should happen to those pair of cheaters too, but but but will the powers have the Nads to do it, it seems their bullying only extends to the lesser known or should that be less wealthy of clubs who’s lawyers have less sway than a oily one, maybe it’s because they have smaller yachts, F**k knows, upshot is ……Cheats need to be dealt with and dealt with properly, no slap on the wrist kind of fine that’s easily dealt with, no real punishment, but dropping into the lowest English division is for me deserving and completely apt, especially for the fraudsters !!

YNWA

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #16: Nov 24, 2023 03:21:40 pm
      The arrogance of the fuckers is astonishing!!

Everton are disciplined for what could be described as an 'oversight' in comparison to Citeh and Chelski's blatant FFP breaches with the former having 115 cases to answer and Chelski not even troubled by the authorities at any time,

It goes beyond arrogance and fraud is quite possibly much more appropriate .
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #17: Nov 24, 2023 03:27:37 pm
      Maybe a 20 point deduction, as any fine will do little to hurt their finances, under present ownership.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #18: Nov 24, 2023 06:41:33 pm
      Relegate them to the North West Counties league
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 833 posts | 298 
      Reply #19: Nov 24, 2023 08:40:04 pm

It happens a lot in athletics as well. An athlete comes 2nd or 3rd in the Olympics, gets their medal and a few years later someone gets a retrospective punishment for taking performance enhancing drugs. Suddenly you are the gold medallist. They don't get a ceremony in the stadium, national anthem and all that crap
      The gold medal probably gets sent round in a DHL van, it's never going to be the same
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20: Nov 24, 2023 09:25:57 pm
      It happens a lot in athletics as well. An athlete comes 2nd or 3rd in the Olympics, gets their medal and a few years later someone gets a retrospective punishment for taking performance enhancing drugs. Suddenly you are the gold medallist. They don't get a ceremony in the stadium, national anthem and all that crap
      The gold medal probably gets sent round in a DHL van, it's never going to be the same

Spot on 😂
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #21: Nov 25, 2023 09:20:25 am
      If Everton get 10 points deduction for one breach, and admitted their guilt in the hope they got a more lenient sentence, City’s 115 and their continued denial they have done anything wrong, the titles they won should be stripped, and relegated to 2 nd division, a fine would be pointless with all the money they have. Agreed it wouldn’t be the same getting titles retrospectively, but i would take it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,940 posts | 4994 
      Reply #22: Nov 25, 2023 11:19:37 am
      If Everton get 10 points deduction for one breach, and admitted their guilt in the hope they got a more lenient sentence, City’s 115 and their continued denial they have done anything wrong, the titles they won should be stripped, and relegated to 2 nd division, a fine would be pointless with all the money they have. Agreed it wouldn’t be the same getting titles retrospectively, but i would take it.

Not for me, they can actually shove it up Their Shitehole, imagine the constant sh*te we’d get if we get awarded tarnished titles, no f***in thanks, let them live with their tarnished titles & tin , a constant reminder of them cheating their way to success, at the end of the day WE DID’NT WIN THEM, so therefore we won’t deserve them, nor want them,  City have made their beds, make them lie in it, ETERNALLY!!!

YNWA

Quick Reply