Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      49 (79%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      3 (4.8%)
      Joel Matip
      7 (11.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (3.2%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      1 (1.6%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: Nov 29, 2023 02:26:46 pm

Manchester City 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 13831 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Manchester City 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Nov 26, 2023 09:52:18 am
      Alison is a liability some days

Did you know that the NHS are offering new patients a free operation that will remove your head from your arse, they also do gender bender realignments, yes, you can become a Cnut instead of being a Dick, for free, Imagine that !!

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #461: Nov 26, 2023 10:03:59 am
      Klopp sounded pretty downbeat on Jota and Ali injuries ffs
      Wonder if we can borrow City’s medical team. Think they could get Thiago back fit.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #462: Nov 26, 2023 10:39:55 am
      Now hang on here, City in midweek were decimated by injuries to key players and Liverpool despite some players travelling on the eve of eve the game, the pro Manc media of course were waxing lyrical that le blonde ugly Cnut was in fact fit and ready to go after his miraculous recovery from injury while tripping over his ego,

How f***in stupid are these greedy Cnut broadcasters, two of the country’s finest battling it out for supremacy yet these stupid fuckers  think by putting it on at 12.30, immediately after a Int break and when key players have to ravel on the day before the game, f***in pathetic,

I don’t blame City for endorsing their players feigning injury prior to massive games like this, F**k me, I was advocating we do exactly the same, what’s the authorities gonna do about it, especially for those players travelling half way around the world, after all, it’s the club that suffers when players are injured not the international team you represent, anyhoo that’s for a different debate…..

…..City, at their morgue like plastic dolls house are apparently invincible, they haven’t lost there since Madonna lost her Virginity, and Pep had hair, their so good in fact they could make a Nun orgasm, but yet they couldn’t beat a Liverpool in transition, with a weaker midfield, missing key players, and a keeper who for whatever reason was still on the flight back from Brazil,  Oh but, the blonde ugly Cnut became the fastest in history to score 50 f***in goals, and celebrated as if it were the winner in a WC final’s dying seconds,  can’t wait till RM rip him a new one in Spain,…

Anyhoo, that corner we had to turn is turned, anyone not believing we’re in this for the long haul better pack their bags now cos you’re not on the same path to enlightenment I am, we went there, to their gaff, and matched them, apart from Doku who terrorised us , but we coped admirably despite not having our strongest back 5, in hindsight and we’re all good at this, thought perhaps Grav should have started ahead of Jones, didn’t think Macca was pulling any trees either but he’s playing out of position so some leeway can be afforded to him, we’re almost there aren’t we, just need that final position filled that completes the jigsaw, a proper DM,  good solid No6 with lazer precision eyes, and he doesn’t arrive til Jan, and once he does, Macca can move forward into his natural domain, so yes we will be better second half of the season …

Pep’s worried, he knows we’re back, he knows we won’t bottle out, we’re breathing down his f***in neck now, in November, the pressure is telling, his wee tirade at Nunez speaks volumes, when have you ever seen him lose his sh*t like that before?
      No he’s worried alright, even if Nunez said some derogatory bullshit, I’ve never seen Pep react like that, so something is afoot at City, something is bothering old Slap head Pep, could it be he senses pending doom and f***in gloom via points deduction or relegation ??

Great result for us at the end of the day, think weve made a statement, that we are on the fast track and getting better by the week, only time now will prove that’s right !!!

YNWA
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #463: Nov 26, 2023 12:13:46 pm
      A good point at a ground that nobody has been able to avoid defeat on this calendar year. Not only did we get the point but we were also able to restrict them to very little.

I thought we defended our box brilliantly. While they had a little joy out wide, especially down our right, once it got into the middle we were always in control. I'm a little surprised to see so many votes for Trent as man of the match as I thought he was the defender who struggled most but I suppose when you score a belting goal like he did, gives it to the City fans and earns us that point it's no surprise.

Can't gloss over Alisson's performance. It isn't the first time he's put in a dodgy showing like this, it's not even the first time against City he's been this shaky. It's well known that I don't rate him anywhere near as highly as others do and it's because of performances like this. For me it wasn't a foul on him for the disallowed goal and if it was the other way round we'd be screaming how Ederson was barely touched and it's the FA against us again. Anywhere else on the pitch and that's not a foul. It's just keepers being over protected again. I'm not complaining by the way because it's meant we got a point but I'd be lying if I said we didn't get away with that one.

Couple of winnable games coming up as start heading into the festive period. If we can take maximum points through December then I think we're ending the year top of the League. Fulham at home, Sheffield Utd and Palace away before home games against United and Arsenal then a trip to Turf Moor. As well as European qualification and progress to the semi finals of the League Cup. What a month December promises to be.

Alisson - I've said what I thought of his performance so I don't wanna harp on about it. Good save from Foden but in general really poor.

Alexander-Arnold - again I've said what I thought about his performance. I don't think Doku did much to actually beat him but he seemed to have Trent in all sorts of trouble. He either just cut inside and Trent would dangle out a lazy foot and not get anywhere or Doku would knock it down the line and beat him for pace. But his goal was wonderfully taken. And he gave it to those cu*ts after scoring. So worthy of the praise he's been getting.

Matip - for me man of the match though I could of just gone easily for Van Dijk. Kept their attacking players to a bare minimum. Anything that came in the box he and Virg dealt with by and large. The reason I picked him over Virg was for that run in the first half that led to our only reason chance. He drove through the middle, laid it out wide to Mo and Salah's cross ended up with Nunez getting his header on target.

Van Dijk - like I said I couldn't really seperate him and Matip yesterday, they were F***ing boss together - as usual. And I've said a few times this season that Virg is playing close to his best again, that's a worrying thing for the rest of the League. Marshalled our back line to a great level yesterday.

Tsimikas - he's been slaughtered at times this year, especially by me, but yesterday he was really solid. Kept Foden a lot quieter than Trent did with Doku. Was much more of a defensive full back than we're used to seeing from him as well. Getting regular minutes looks to really be helping the Greek as he's improving game on game. He's been given an opportunity and he's starting to take it.

Szoboszlai - another invisible performance from the man that so many are hanging our hopes on. It's becoming a bit of a trend from him as well in recent games. Since the Forest game, he's really underwhelmed in my opinion. And it's this sort of game he really needs to show up in, not only become noticable when he's getting subbed off.

Mac Allister - one incident aside where Doku just breezed past him and he couldn't even get close enough to pull him back like he tried, I thought Mac did ok. Protected the back four and didn't allow much space for them to come through the middle. Doesn't have the legs to cover the full backs in the way a Mascherano did but in the central areas he's doing ok. I don't think he was helped by the two either side of him though.

Jones - first game back for a few weeks and it really showed. Seemed slow on the ball, pace of the game got the better of him and didn't really have the energy to press. It looked like City indentified him as a weaklink in our team as well because whenever he got the ball they hounded him and nearly always won it back. Be interesting to see if he retains his place going forward as he's only going to improve by playing (see Kostas) but Gravenberch doesn't deserve to be sitting on the bench.

Salah - another game, another assist and could in all honesty have two or three. The cross for Darwin's header and the ball into Jota which wasn't a great pass but Diogo also seemed to be on his heels somewhat. Held the ball up well against Ake a few times, including once where Alvarez (I think) should have been booked from dragging him back before he could set us free down the right. He wasn't world class yesterday but it was a hard working performance.

Nunez - wasn't his best game and I was fearful before the game that him not being clinical could cost us. I don't think it did in fairness as I don't think he blew any real big chances. Forced Ederson into a couple of good saves (the header and the one Salah played round the City defenders) and was at a tight angle and off balance on his left foot for his other chance. Poor pass from Dom in my opinion on that one. Gave it to Guadiola after the match to endear himself even more to our fans.

Jota - I've said it many times that I don't think he's worth playing out wide and yesterday was exactly why. He started, did nothing, got subbed. That was basically his game from what I saw.

Diaz - didn't really offer more than Jota down our left. I know Walker has improved a lot since moving to City and not many get the better of him but we got hardly any change from him yesterday.

Gravenberch - I keep saying it but I really like this kid. His desire to run forward with the ball and committ the opposition is something we've lacked for a really long time. Big powerful b***ard who almost immediately after coming on had done more than the other midfielders combined. I've been called out for wanting a team full of Scousers (which was wrong then and still wrong now) but for me Curtis Jones should not be starting ahead of this lad right now. And I still think he's been the best of the summer signings.

Gakpo - he's an intelligent player who links the play up well. A bit like Jota and Nunez though he has to play centrally for me and that poses a problem as we can't play all three in that role. Couple of good runs yesterday and a nice touch here and there. We played our best football when he was on the pitch.

Elliott - offers us something from the bench with his energy and did so again yesterday. He's almost taken over the James Milner role as the man who comes on to see the game through. And that's a lot of trust from Jürgen.

Endo - got his customary yellow card because he always wants to win the ball. I reckon he'll be a bit of a cult hero among some sections of the fans because if nothing else he tries. Some are determined to write him off regardless but for those who are giving him a chance, yeah cult hero status in the offering. Not world class but he kicks people.

Overall, not a bad result and not a bad performance. I saw some saying City would stick four or five past us the way we play. We showed, once again, that when we defend properly we know how to. We've got yet another tricky away game out the way and are still within touching distance of the leaders. Europe next followed by Fulham at home, where we've been boss this season.

With a third of the League campaign over and done with the quadruple is still well and truly on. Not bad for a season that some were writing off before a ball had been kicked. Thankfully it looks like they've written themselves off the forum because I don't see them post much nowadays.

Not as good as a win but a point will do in a game we didn't do enough to win but didn't deserve to lose either.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #464: Nov 26, 2023 12:30:22 pm
      Awesome point all things considered
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #465: Nov 26, 2023 01:03:03 pm
      Think they had 4 or 5 claiming they were sick or injured and couldn't play for their countries. Haaland, Ake, Ederson Rodri. Info a bit sketchy but all 4 started the game. Probably one or two more.They only had 8 subs, think it's max 9 (we had 9 on the bench).

We used the max of 5 and used up our allotted 3 sub opportunities so couldn't take Ali off. They didn't use any subs.

Pep tried to start a fight with one of our subbed players but I can confirm Nunez won on a TKO.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #466: Nov 26, 2023 03:53:36 pm
      Awesome point all things considered

Well earned point yesterday, especially away to City !
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 815 posts | 134 
      Reply #467: Nov 26, 2023 09:02:26 pm
      Had to be away all day yesterday - couldn't listen to commentary either so resorted to sneaky peaks of score updates. Watched the extended highlights when I got chance.
      If someone had offered me a point at the beginning of the week I'd have probably said no I want all 3 but.... 1 is better than none and it keeps us in Cashiola's bald nonce and breathing down the necks of the shitty oily ones. We're like bloody limpets, no matter how hard they try to shake us off we're hanging on in there! :lmao:
      Pathetic really - having to wave arms about and pointing to his ears to get the crowd going and the nobhead daring to take on Darwin at the end - only one winner there and it ain't Cashiola!
      Can't comment overall about players individual performances as didn't see enough but felt for Ali - I still think he's one of the best in the world and I wonder how much the travelling makes for tired minds?
      I saw an article where MacAlli said he was falling asleep in the team meeting on Friday after the journey back and don't care what anyone says you don't get over jet lag in 24 hours!
      Bring on Fulham (once we've sorted out Europe this week). There won't be any need for Jürgen to be waving his arms at the crowd.... unless of course he's saying hi to his missus  ;D
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #468: Nov 26, 2023 10:55:58 pm

Pep: "You'll never score"
      Nuñez: "What shampoo do you use?"
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #469: Nov 27, 2023 01:30:26 pm
      Did VAR save us on the slight arm contact with Ali. They've always protected the keeper but it could've been given. Looked like Ali miss timed his jump slightly. Was he impeded....50/50 that one. Got the benefit.

Not a chance. If the ref was doing his job, var wouldn't have needed to intervene.  The player not only jumps into Ali, he clearly pulls disarm down. Ali went catch the ball two handed, but one arm was pulled so he wasn't able to catch the ball. Clear as day ! I cant understand what the debate is about ?  I don't think Ali had to 'milk it',  It wasn't a clear foul.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #470: Nov 27, 2023 01:50:14 pm
      Pep: "You'll never score"
      Nuñez: "What shampoo do you use?"

Or 'shut up moonhead...the man with a face that never ends' ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #471: Nov 27, 2023 09:07:23 pm
      All doubt removed about who the squad nutcase is!!
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #472: Nov 28, 2023 12:05:52 pm
      All doubt removed about who the squad nutcase is!!

Been said, our old friend, the one and only Luis Suarez, has given Nunez a few pointers on life at Liverpool.

I suppose a suitable nickname..(no not Nick) would be Yosser Hughes. I mean I love to see a bit of bite from any forward. Despite the game being a lot tamer these days, there is still boots flying in. Put it this way...Nunez needs no minder.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #473: Nov 28, 2023 12:45:22 pm
      Could be said that if Klopp had an altercation on the touchline with the 'Octopus' the league would look into it. Seems Pep gets a bye on stuff like this. I mean it was a storm in a biscuit tin but all the same it's one rule for Pep and Mancheater C and one rule for Everton and everybody else.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 298 
      Reply #474: Nov 28, 2023 07:24:08 pm
      Been said, our old friend, the one and only Luis Suarez, has given Nunez a few pointers on life at Liverpool.

I suppose a suitable nickname..(no not Nick) would be Yosser Hughes. I mean I love to see a bit of bite from any forward. Despite the game being a lot tamer these days, there is still boots flying in. Put it this way...Nunez needs no minder.

Suarez had a bit to much bite in his game, hope he's not passed on to many pointers to Darwin.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #475: Nov 28, 2023 10:36:53 pm
      Could be said that if Klopp had an altercation on the touchline with the 'Octopus' the league would look into it. Seems Pep gets a bye on stuff like this. I mean it was a storm in a biscuit tin but all the same it's one rule for Pep and Mancheater C and one rule for Everton and everybody else.

They'd be saying Klopp has lost the plot. These guys just create what ever narrative they want, and we just go with it ;D.  No one is talking about it so it means nothing now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #476: Nov 28, 2023 10:54:14 pm

Possible touch of compassion for Pep after he saw his arse when Nunez flipped on him.

Quick Reply