Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

January Transfer rumors?

Read 16092 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: January Transfer rumors?
      Reply #184: Jan 12, 2024 02:39:24 pm
      Usually I'd be saying we need cover here and there but really our problems are short term and unless there's a player who's going to be signed because they are class and will make us a better team now and in the future I think its just a case of hope the squad can cope this next 4-6 weeks.

This period is going to be a real slog I can just tell. Bournemouth away is tricky but then Arsenal and Chelsea that looks really hard for the current squad.

Exactly mate, get thru the next month relatively unscathed and were good to go rest of season.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #185: Jan 12, 2024 03:02:24 pm
      Now there's an idea.

Superb footballer and looks like he'd fit with Jürgens style like a glove.

If there was to be one signing...
      Always thought he'd have been great at Liverpool.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #186: Jan 12, 2024 03:03:27 pm
      It is and will be a quite window. I think the only way we'll see incomings is if there's a lad we've had on our radar for a little while and we're forced into an early move to stop another club from getting him. Other than that, the squad is pretty good as it is. You can't go buying players to replace Mo or Endo for 4 games and we've got, in theory, lots of lads coming back from injury in the coming 20 to 40 days or so.

Tsimi and Robbo are both touted for an early February return. Dom should be back next game or the one after. Both Baj and Thiago should be back around mid February or so.

Of course we could get unlucky and in the next couple of games and lose 2 more players, but its hard to go out and buy players based on that idea alone.

Bradley proved competent against PL level opposition which bodes well for us considering we've got TAA and Gomez who can both play the position.

My only wish is to find someone who can play the striker position and give us a reliable input of 10 to 15 goals for the remainder of the season as this would truly give us a huge push in securing games (we create plenty but don't finish enough) but, realistically, in that market, you won't find that in the winter and if you do, you're going to get ripped off (for example, Brentford already announcing they would need something outlandish to let Toney go). So with that said, stick Jota in the center and hope he doesn't get injured and those around him can up their goal input as Jota will at the very least create something for those around him if he doesn't go himself and score.

If we can manage to hit mid February with a relatively healthy squad and still performing at the current level then it will be a very interesting end of season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,000 posts | 3424 
      Reply #187: Jan 12, 2024 06:05:33 pm
      Sign Bruno from Newcastle.
      Help them out on the oul FFP.

Over £100mil release clause apparently
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #188: Jan 13, 2024 06:48:13 am
      Pocket change for F$G.....
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #189: Jan 13, 2024 12:08:14 pm
      Don't think there's much chance of that happening but I've got to agree Bruno is very much a Klopp midfielder. He's an all-rounder with a great engine who can do everything to a good standard.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #190: Jan 13, 2024 01:59:33 pm
      Over £100mil release clause apparently
      Assuming the stories are true and they need headroom for FFP and assuming the stories are also true and we are interested in him then I think a fee bellow the release clause can be negotiated. But then again, I was surprised to see us bid 115M for Caicedo so who knows, maybe we like Guimaraes enough to splash a colossal sum on him too.

But all of that is just rumours at this point. Didn't see anybody truly reliable for us reporting on our interest in him recently.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #191: Jan 13, 2024 03:17:29 pm
      Sticking it out there, Guimaraes is one of the most overrated players in the League.

Hopefully we're not going to sign him.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,000 posts | 3424 
      Reply #192: Jan 13, 2024 03:59:12 pm
      Assuming the stories are true and they need headroom for FFP and assuming the stories are also true and we are interested in him then I think a fee bellow the release clause can be negotiated. But then again, I was surprised to see us bid 115M for Caicedo so who knows, maybe we like Guimaraes enough to splash a colossal sum on him too.

But all of that is just rumours at this point. Didn't see anybody truly reliable for us reporting on our interest in him recently.

There will be clubs out there happy to pay a silly release clause and whilst he seems decent he isn’t worth the level of money that would be needed now

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #193: Jan 13, 2024 04:51:46 pm
      (we create plenty but don't finish enough)

:lmao:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #194: Jan 13, 2024 06:34:54 pm
      It is and will be a quite window. I think the only way we'll see incomings is if there's a lad we've had on our radar for a little while and we're forced into an early move to stop another club from getting him. Other than that, the squad is pretty good as it is. You can't go buying players to replace Mo or Endo for 4 games and we've got, in theory, lots of lads coming back from injury in the coming 20 to 40 days or so.

Tsimi and Robbo are both touted for an early February return. Dom should be back next game or the one after. Both Baj and Thiago should be back around mid February or so.

Of course we could get unlucky and in the next couple of games and lose 2 more players, but its hard to go out and buy players based on that idea alone.

Bradley proved competent against PL level opposition which bodes well for us considering we've got TAA and Gomez who can both play the position.

My only wish is to find someone who can play the striker position and give us a reliable input of 10 to 15 goals for the remainder of the season as this would truly give us a huge push in securing games (we create plenty but don't finish enough) but, realistically, in that market, you won't find that in the winter and if you do, you're going to get ripped off (for example, Brentford already announcing they would need something outlandish to let Toney go). So with that said, stick Jota in the center and hope he doesn't get injured and those around him can up their goal input as Jota will at the very least create something for those around him if he doesn't go himself and score.

If we can manage to hit mid February with a relatively healthy squad and still performing at the current level then it will be a very interesting end of season.

Leroy Sane ?

Talk of us signing him today. Not sure of the source or if it’s genuine or not  🤷‍♂️
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #195: Jan 13, 2024 06:38:10 pm
      Leroy Sane ?

Talk of us signing him today. Not sure of the source or if it’s genuine or not  🤷‍♂️

Easy link with who we've had as Sporting Director with his knowledge of the German Market.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,171 posts | 1095 
      Reply #196: Jan 14, 2024 05:03:23 pm
      Weird talk over us looking at Bruno Guimarães. No way that happens, atleast I would assume it wouldn't.

But if it did, boy we would be set
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #197: Jan 14, 2024 05:48:50 pm
      Weird talk over us looking at Bruno Guimarães. No way that happens, atleast I would assume it wouldn't.

But if it did, boy we would be set

I'd doubt it tbh.

If they were getting shut, they're getting rid for a ridiculous amount.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #198: Jan 14, 2024 07:23:02 pm
      I'd doubt it tbh.

If they were getting shut, they're getting rid for a ridiculous amount.

96million euros roughly 82 million quid buy out clause depending on who yiu believe, 82 million is a snip for a lad of his talent I'm my opinion.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,000 posts | 3424 
      Reply #199: Jan 14, 2024 07:38:57 pm
      96million euros roughly 82 million quid buy out clause depending on who yiu believe, 82 million is a snip for a lad of his talent I'm my opinion.

New contract was signed in October 2023 - £96mil clause
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,171 posts | 1095 
      Reply #200: Jan 14, 2024 08:02:36 pm

New contract was signed in October 2023 - £96mil clause
      Of all the crazy transfer talk, this one would make sense to me..... The talent laden depth that we'd have would be insane.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,000 posts | 3424 
      Reply #201: Jan 14, 2024 08:06:09 pm
      Of all the crazy transfer talk, this one would make sense to me..... The talent laden depth that we'd have would be insane.

I’ll be surprised if they spend that level of money on him

He prob also one of the players that is just looking to get to Barce or Real Madrid asap
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #202: Jan 14, 2024 08:11:38 pm

From the prospective of how talented the player is yes but in terms of what we need it doesn't make as much sense in that were not crying it for another CM.

Saying that if he's available and wanted to come and we want him then thats a worry for another day as he's one of the best in the league for me
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #203: Jan 14, 2024 09:38:12 pm
      Linked with some Colombian centre half on sky.

'Liverpool make contact over Colombian defender Mantilla'

Liverpool have made contact with Argentinean side CA Talleres over Colombian prospect Kevin Mantilla, according to the Sunday Mirror.

The report says Talleres' president Andres Fassi has spoken to the Reds about the defender - although Brighton have done the same.

The 20-year-old only joined Talleres last summer from Colombian side Independiente Santa Fe but Liverpool are said to have been tracking the player for some time, while recognising potential work visa obstacles.

But it is claimed a January move appears unlikely with Fassi indicating he would not be entertaining a move just a few months after bringing Mantilla.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,171 posts | 1095 
      Reply #204: Jan 15, 2024 03:27:36 pm
      Our success rate with loan moves has been abysmal of late. Sending so many lads to places where they sit the bench. I dunno if that's on us or the players, probably a bit of both.

I'm hoping Ramsey getting called back is more for him and less for us (meaning TAA isn't coming back soon). Other than Morton, not many of our loans are working. Morton can be a first team pkayer for us next year
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #205: Jan 15, 2024 03:39:40 pm
      Linked with some Colombian centre half on sky.

'Liverpool make contact over Colombian defender Mantilla'

Liverpool have made contact with Argentinean side CA Talleres over Colombian prospect Kevin Mantilla, according to the Sunday Mirror.

The report says Talleres' president Andres Fassi has spoken to the Reds about the defender - although Brighton have done the same.

The 20-year-old only joined Talleres last summer from Colombian side Independiente Santa Fe but Liverpool are said to have been tracking the player for some time, while recognising potential work visa obstacles.

But it is claimed a January move appears unlikely with Fassi indicating he would not be entertaining a move just a few months after bringing Mantilla.

If Brighton want him we should be all over him.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,215 posts | 1221 
      Reply #206: Jan 15, 2024 04:25:06 pm
      I would imagine the scouts are all fairly familiar with one another and it should just be a case of following the Brighton scouts across South America. Even if they do throw in the odd decoy sombrero man we wouldn't go far wrong.

Quick Reply