Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

January Transfer rumors?

Read 16111 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5000 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: January Transfer rumors?
      Reply #207: Jan 17, 2024 10:59:24 am
      While I still have my tin hat on, (see the ex players thread), here’s something perhaps or not to ponder over….

…. Kalvin Phillips is reportedly after a move away from the fraudsters….now I know he’s been a greedy Cnut and only went there for the dollar…however he’s still a very decent footballer who just happens to play in a position we could do with filling…IF indeed he is looking to move on, what is your thoughts of perhaps putting in a very cheeky bid for his services…loan deal initially…for the rest of this season and see where we’re at in May…

Yes extremely doubtful that the Frauds would do business with their main rival, however, if Phillips has any aspirations of representing his country, he will need a hell of a lot of game time, and he’s not getting that at the emptihad is he ?

So if we were to dangle a carrot, even if it’s just to tease, let’s find out how he reacts,  Thoughts please ppl ??

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #208: Jan 17, 2024 11:44:53 am
      While I still have my tin hat on, (see the ex players thread), here’s something perhaps or not to ponder over….

…. Kalvin Phillips is reportedly after a move away from the fraudsters….now I know he’s been a greedy Cnut and only went there for the dollar…however he’s still a very decent footballer who just happens to play in a position we could do with filling…IF indeed he is looking to move on, what is your thoughts of perhaps putting in a very cheeky bid for his services…loan deal initially…for the rest of this season and see where we’re at in May…

Yes extremely doubtful that the Frauds would do business with their main rival, however, if Phillips has any aspirations of representing his country, he will need a hell of a lot of game time, and he’s not getting that at the emptihad is he ?

So if we were to dangle a carrot, even if it’s just to tease, let’s find out how he reacts,  Thoughts please ppl ??

YNWA

no chance of that happening.

City wouldn't want to help their biggest rival. l o l
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,994 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #209: Jan 17, 2024 12:03:33 pm
      no chance of that happening.

City wouldn't want to help their biggest rival. l o l

Who's that the gunners  :f_whistle:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,033 posts | 3429 
      Reply #210: Jan 17, 2024 12:22:29 pm

YNWA

I think he is a very good player and would work well within the team , Klopp is a known admirer, if he had waited a year he prob would have had a choice

I’ll take him at the club and think a deal could be done
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,300 posts | 770 
      Reply #211: Jan 17, 2024 12:31:34 pm
      I believe he suffers that plague of being injured for long periods. Fairly athletic looking lad when fit who is calm on the ball and keeps it simple.
      I'd be surprised to see any transfer to us happen.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #212: Jan 17, 2024 12:33:09 pm

Just because Arsenal are ahead of you lot doesn't make them City's biggest rivals.
      Pep and Klopp era that has only ever been Liverpool.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #213: Jan 17, 2024 12:53:55 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,994 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #214: Jan 17, 2024 01:02:36 pm
      Just because Arsenal are ahead of you lot doesn't make them City's biggest rivals.
      Pep and Klopp era that has only ever been Liverpool.

Im desperate   :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #215: Jan 17, 2024 01:06:55 pm

You should be thankful to City because without the cheats Klopp would be winning a lot more.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #216: Jan 17, 2024 04:31:49 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5000 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #217: Jan 17, 2024 10:35:12 pm

I’m desperate Dan, remember that line in ‘boys from the black stuff’  when Yosser was in the confession box with the priest, so funny, from the brilliant Alan Bleasdale, loved that show !! Gis a job !!

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,994 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #218: Jan 17, 2024 10:45:57 pm

I’m desperate Dan, remember that line in ‘boys from the black stuff’  when Yosser was in the confession box with the priest, so funny, from the brilliant Alan Bleasdale, loved that show !! Gis a job !!

YNWA

I remember it from the comic version.  :lmao:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,300 posts | 770 
      Reply #219: Jan 17, 2024 11:23:49 pm

YNWA
      I was in his class when he was a teacher....Not Desperate Dan, or Yosser Hughes.....or the priest.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #220: Jan 19, 2024 12:04:14 pm
      Still surprised nobody else seemed to challenge West Ham for Kudus.
      Great player. Would like to see him at Liverpool at some stage.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #221: Jan 20, 2024 02:09:30 pm
      Still surprised nobody else seemed to challenge West Ham for Kudus.
      Great player. Would like to see him at Liverpool at some stage.

If he's still tearing up the league in 12 months then yeah I'd agree.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #223: Feb 01, 2024 09:31:29 am
      First January window ever where I feel we don't need to strengthen anywhere.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #224: Feb 01, 2024 09:57:50 am
      Seems all the players are coming back now for the business end of the season.
      Can't see anyone being signed.
      Add that in to the Academy players shining this season.
      Would rather Quansah and Bradley got more time than sign anyone.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,033 posts | 3429 
      Reply #225: Feb 01, 2024 10:01:39 am
      Seems all the players are coming back now for the business end of the season.
      Can't see anyone being signed.
      Add that in to the Academy players shining this season.
      Would rather Quansah and Bradley got more time than sign anyone.

Yep - there were multiple shouts about lack of back up for the likes of -CB’s , RB , Mo , Endo etc when it’s very clear the squad with some of the young academy players have that depth
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #226: Feb 01, 2024 02:58:03 pm
      Jim White willhavea tough time selling this snooze fest of the deadline day! I'm loving the fact they literally have othing to report on. Everyone scared shitless to do any business!! Thankfully we don't actually need to do any! Quansah been great as 4th CB, Gomez has covered admirablly everywhere he's played, Bradley is a baller, even young McConnell looked the part last weekend in the Cup and Clark has also looked bright.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #227: Feb 01, 2024 03:26:00 pm
      Jim White willhavea tough time selling this snooze fest of the deadline day! I'm loving the fact they literally have othing to report on. Everyone scared shitless to do any business!! Thankfully we don't actually need to do any! Quansah been great as 4th CB, Gomez has covered admirablly everywhere he's played, Bradley is a baller, even young McConnell looked the part last weekend in the Cup and Clark has also looked bright.

We've a strong squad. When all fit ... I don't think we need anyone. You always have to look to get stronger. Sometimes that comes from within. I'm excited about these young lads, quansah , bajcetic, Bradley, McConnell etc
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #228: Feb 01, 2024 03:28:48 pm
      As Klopp said before, sometimes the solutions are inside the club.
      We just didn't expect so many of them to come through in one season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #229: Feb 01, 2024 06:37:34 pm
      As Klopp said before, sometimes the solutions are inside the club.
      We just didn't expect so many of them to come through in one season.

I'm sure there is still some transfer freaks going mad on Twitter that we haven't bought anyone.

For me I'd much rather see the solution come from the youth ranks. As much as it's great to buy players like Salah, Virgil et al much more satisfying than a Trent or a Bradley makes a mark long term on the first team.

Quick Reply