Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

January Transfer rumors?

Read 16028 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: January Transfer rumors?
      Reply #23: Dec 12, 2023 12:47:25 pm
      blocked than loony ages ago. l o l
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6384 
      Reply #24: Dec 12, 2023 02:16:49 pm
      We aren't buying another midfielder in January. If anything maybe a CB but I honestly think we will wait till summer. We are top of the table right now even with our injury concerns. I highly doubt Klopp is going to be able to convince the folks that control the money that we need to spend big on another midfield player.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25: Dec 12, 2023 02:32:19 pm
      We aren't buying another midfielder in January. If anything maybe a CB but I honestly think we will wait till summer. We are top of the table right now even with our injury concerns. I highly doubt Klopp is going to be able to convince the folks that control the money that we need to spend big on another midfield player.

I cant see another MF coming in. Agreed.

CB if anything.

But there may be long term targets that come available, then its game on.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6384 
      Reply #26: Dec 12, 2023 02:45:08 pm
      I cant see another MF coming in. Agreed.

CB if anything.

But there may be long term targets that come available, then its game on.

Mbappe ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27: Dec 12, 2023 03:53:06 pm
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #28: Dec 12, 2023 03:58:57 pm
      The Mbappening  :laugh:
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #29: Dec 12, 2023 04:00:45 pm
      https://x.com/indykaila/status/1734347355988848860?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

The guy is a bit of a blagger but the player is for sale because he wants out

Would it be better to get Paulinha and Fulham get Andre
      My problem with this idea is that I don't think it fits our M.O. If Fulham was asking between 30M to 40M pound I would say maybe. But they are asking for nearly 80M pounds for a player who will be 29 next summer. Based on our business under Klopp, I don't see us paying anything near that price tag for Palhinha. As far as I can remember, the highest fee we paid for a player in that age bracket was Thiago at 27.4M. 
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,537 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #30: Dec 12, 2023 04:03:26 pm
      Seems expensive for his age to be honest, if he was 25 maybe but at 29, I wouldn’t pay no more than £30 million for a Fulham player… he could do a Fabinho and drop off a cliff in the next year legs wise.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #31: Dec 12, 2023 04:09:43 pm
      Wonder what and how’s Romeo Lavia doing now…  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6384 
      Reply #32: Dec 12, 2023 05:12:10 pm
      Wonder what and how’s Romeo Lavia doing now…  :lmao:
      Injured, hasn’t played a game.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #33: Dec 12, 2023 10:21:17 pm
      Seems expensive for his age to be honest, if he was 25 maybe but at 29, I wouldn’t pay no more than £30 million for a Fulham player… he could do a Fabinho and drop off a cliff in the next year legs wise.

Palhinha hasn't played that many minutes for a 29 year old though. He's actually played 4000 minutes less than Trent who is 4 years younger so he will probably be good well into his 30s and his injury record is excellent as well.

Wouldn't be my choice but if we make our move I could see why.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 258 
      Reply #34: Dec 14, 2023 01:56:45 am
      Admitted it's silly to believe it happen but occasionally see our club keep monitoring Bayern's Joshua Kimmich is the best thing I'm looking for in January window.
      The situations that we are now top of the table, 4 ponts ahead to Man City I believed ourself is our biggest enemy in the way to the 20th.
      I belived we so far still better than Arsenal and the like of Aston Villa so we should boost our chance by reinforce the area we are weak. An established RB is need while we can see more chance TAA move to midfield as Mac injury's looked bit serious and Joe will need more for Matip's place.
      Miss the 20th this season is not end of the world but it's the unexpected opportunity imo so if we miss because we refuse to strengthening our clear weakness I can say it's a nasty taste similar to the 2021/22.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #35: Dec 14, 2023 12:57:02 pm
      One of the guys on TAW reckons there's something in the Paulinha links. They go through his XG stats and on the left side they're incredibly good. He's in the top 1% in the league.....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6384 
      Reply #36: Dec 14, 2023 02:47:55 pm
      Admitted it's silly to believe it happen but occasionally see our club keep monitoring Bayern's Joshua Kimmich is the best thing I'm looking for in January window.
      The situations that we are now top of the table, 4 ponts ahead to Man City I believed ourself is our biggest enemy in the way to the 20th.
      I belived we so far still better than Arsenal and the like of Aston Villa so we should boost our chance by reinforce the area we are weak. An established RB is need while we can see more chance TAA move to midfield as Mac injury's looked bit serious and Joe will need more for Matip's place.
      Miss the 20th this season is not end of the world but it's the unexpected opportunity imo so if we miss because we refuse to strengthening our clear weakness I can say it's a nasty taste similar to the 2021/22.

Wasn't too impressed with Kimmich the other night against United. Was pretty invisible. But maybe that's Tuchel because honestly, that Bayern squad wasn't that good in stretches.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37: Dec 14, 2023 03:20:02 pm
      Wasn't too impressed with Kimmich the other night against United. Was pretty invisible. But maybe that's Tuchel because honestly, that Bayern squad wasn't that good in stretches.

Musiala is the only player in the current Bayern team that I would have wanted here at some stage,
      but Liverpool is hardly crying out for another attacking midfielder.

Trent is doing what Kimmich used to do before he became a part of the double pivot.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,208 posts | 8567 
      Reply #38: Dec 14, 2023 04:31:58 pm
      One of the guys on TAW reckons there's something in the Paulinha links. They go through his XG stats and on the left side they're incredibly good. He's in the top 1% in the league.....

Brother has said the same since he's joined Fulham, he thinks he's a very good midfielder.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #39: Dec 14, 2023 04:47:08 pm
      Brother has said the same since he's joined Fulham, he thinks he's a very good midfielder.
      Yep. As has been stated earlier, he hasn't got that much milage on the clock appearances wise. He's actually quite tall too at 6ft 3"...
      The coming weeks will be interesting....
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #40: Dec 14, 2023 09:32:12 pm
      Sporting centre back Inácio just scored again, this kid always scores from corners for Sporting got a few already this season.
      Gonçalo Inácio has renewed his contract with Sporting through to 2027, with his buyout clause rising from 45 million euros to 60 million euros which is about 52 million in pounds, omg just scored again as I was writing this post hahaha the kid is on a hatrick

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41: Dec 14, 2023 11:21:02 pm
      Not in the Jan transfer window but for sure the Summer transfer window, we go and buy both Peurtas and Amoure from Union SG.

Anyone who plays well against us in Europe, we normally go and buy.  :D

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #42: Dec 16, 2023 03:23:39 pm
      If we got Joao Palhinha, I think it would make us favorites to win the league (barring we don't crap the bed beforehand. I'm a big stickler for age and what not, but like someone said above, his game time is not that of an average 28 year old.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,684 posts | 146 
      Reply #43: Dec 17, 2023 09:31:59 am
      We need to target Osimhen in the summer. He's world class and we can't let a rival have him not Arsenal.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #44: Dec 17, 2023 09:57:11 am
      I don’t expect we will bring anyone in during Jan

Likewise but I think we should.

One player to add to help that push towards the end of the season and a CB would be my option
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,684 posts | 146 
      Reply #45: Dec 17, 2023 06:49:29 pm
      We need a forward more than anything. Endo is fine our attack is so worrying.

Quick Reply