Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

30th Birthday standing on the Kop?

Read 1119 times
      bob_blah
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 46 posts |
      30th Birthday standing on the Kop?
      Dec 05, 2007 05:33:41 pm
      It's probably a bit early for this but I need to sort out travel arrangements.

So I turn 30 on the day the Reds are going to trounce Manure at Old Trafford (22nd March). Given that all my family and most of my friends are back in Oz, I was thinking of tripping down to Liverpool the following weekend for the derby to celebrate with my Red family :)

I have a couple of questions of people in the know - how much do tickets from the touts go for for the derby matches (if they have them at all) and what is the likelihood that it will be a ticket on the Kop (I'm guessing zero but maybe others might have a different idea).

Now given that I'm incredibly unlikely to actually get a ticket to the match (the term golddust springs to mind), can you tell me is it worthwhile to come down a couple of days before the match and enjoy the buzz around the town, or is there not really much of a buildup? And most importantly, recommendations for somewhere to drink and watch the match and fall over after too many tequilas.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?

Quick Reply