Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson Becker
      35 (45.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Jarell Quansah
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (3.9%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      0 (0%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      1 (1.3%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (6.5%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      6 (7.8%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      1 (1.3%)
      Harvey Elliott
      26 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: Dec 13, 2023 02:33:34 pm

Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12267 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Dec 09, 2023 03:12:26 pm
      Ryan and Dom were anonymous today
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 758 posts | 128 
      Reply #484: Dec 09, 2023 03:14:43 pm
      Man, it's going to be a nice week leading up to the Man Utd game. Relaxing and watching the young lads on Thursday evening and having our boys have eight days to prepare for next Sunday's game...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #485: Dec 09, 2023 03:16:09 pm
      https://x.com/xfootballia/status/1733501205215674649?s=46

Mad that people don’t think this is a second yellow. The anti Liverpool agenda going strong.
      Shearer is a gobs***e.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #486: Dec 09, 2023 03:19:05 pm
      For people who keep crowing about luck. Luck is just a word people use to describe what they think is undeserved good fortune.

You make your own luck. These boys don’t stop trying and they are working for one another and the fans and the boss man. It’s a beautiful thing to see and we can gain more from grinding our results and rescuing points than we ever will blowing everyone out.

I find myself not so worried when we concede or go down because I truly believe we WILL find a way to turn it around and so far we have. We’ve got some untimely injuries (Jota, Robertson) that are also contributing to some of our struggles.  We just have to keep having faith that this is our season.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,582 posts | 738 
      Reply #487: Dec 09, 2023 03:34:04 pm
      All that matters is the 3 points at this time in the season
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,582 posts | 738 
      Reply #488: Dec 09, 2023 03:35:29 pm

Shearer, Neville, Carragher act like their opinions make them the god emperors of Football.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,029 posts | 3352 
      Reply #489: Dec 09, 2023 03:45:09 pm
      F**k performances, F**k stats, F**k VAR, F**k the lot of it. Only thing that matters is a result and we got it today.

And what a day. There's a genuine belief starting to build again that we are the real F***ing deal once more. This group of players have got that never say die attitude that Jürgen demands. People have questioned our mentality, nah F**k that.

Usual VAR bollocks but what do you expect? Penalty given then disallowed, penalty not given then twenty minutes later gets given, Diaz has another goal chalked off with no evidence shown. And the ref on field had no clue what he was doing. The red card, soft or not is a red card. Two yellows equate to a red unless Graham Poll is the F***ing ref. And they were two bookable offences so he was rightly sent off - similar to Jota's red at Spurs.

Mo gets his 200th goal and it wasn't his best or cleanest but he got it. When we needed him, he steps up. Harvey Elliott has another excellent outting from the bench and delivers a great finish to win us the game.

Over to the rest now. Can they do what we did?

Alisson - back in the team and one great save in either half. One shaky moment when he came for a cross and Van Dijk was going to head it but thankfully nothing came of it and his game was fairly quiet.

Alexander-Arnold - after the last couple of games, it looked like he was hitting his best form but today was his quietest in recent weeks and by far. Didn't make much difference when he moved into the middle either from his personal game. Obviously his move into midfield allowed a certain other play to play at right back and earn himself a man of the match award.

Quansah - don't think he did much wrong as he continues to impress whenever given a chance. Penalty was the sort of thing that happens in most games and gets waved away. Only this time VAR decided to get involved and award is just as we were about to kick off on Boxing Day. Probably the right decision in fairness but it's how long the game went on before anything was decided that got on me wick.

Van Dijk - continues his good season. Before the sending off at Newcastle he was under performing but since then, he's been one of our most consistent performers. And he was very good again today. Dominant in the air in difficult conditions, decisive on the ground so all good. A top draw Van Dijk makes us that much better.

Tsimikas - a decent but understated performance from the Greek. He was good but no real outstanding moments. And in all honesty that's enough for me from a full back. I know our full backs under Jürgen are normally the ones who provide outstanding moments but I'm happy if they're just solid and dependable. And Kostas was today.

Szoboszlai - yet another underwhelming performance from him. I know he scored against Sheff Utd but I don't think he played all that well that day either and today he again only became visible when he was coming off. Those decent performances at the start of his Liverpool career are starting to look more like the execption rather than the rule.

Endo - was identified by Palace as somebody they could harry and harrass whenever he had the ball and they did that. Robbed him of the ball a few times. Was fouled in the build up to the first penalty they got given, don't know why it took the ref ten minutes to see it. That was more of a foul than Van Dijk on the Palace lad that he'd given the pen for. I've said previously about Endo though, he kicks people and he tries, which will be enough to make him a favourite of mine even if his ability doesn't warrant many performances.

Gravenberch - disappointed today with very little that he tried coming off. The thing that separates him from our other midfielders is his ability to run with the ball, Palace made sure there was very little chance of him doing that today.

Salah - can't keep him off the scoresheet for too long can you? Wasn't great today but then again very few were. He, like most, improved after the introduction of Elliott. But play well or not, he scored and that's what he's on the pitch to do. He also got another assist. So if that's what he does when not playing well, F**k me he must be some player when he's on form.

Nunez - didn't offer us much today, was involved in more offsides than decent chances from what I remember. I don't think the way Palace set up suited Darwin's style of play. He needs space to run in behind to trouble the opposition and having 11 men behind the ball makes it difficult for him to be his best.

Diaz - the most effective of the front three in the fact that he at least tried to run at the oppositon and make things happen. Wasn't great with the final ball but he did try.

Gomez - clearly made a huge difference as the half went on. His pace on the attacking side of things was evident for all to see today. He was just breezing by Clyne at times. I've said a few times this year that his versatility will hinder him from getting a run of games in any one position but it'll make him invaluable to this squad and that's what today was about. For most of this season he's been very good to boss.

Konate - I said I didn't think Quansah didn't do much wrong, I don't know if Ibou did much right. Few silly fouls that he didn't need to make, bit rash in his thinking. And the problem was a lot of it was in the Palace half, giving them a chance to clear their lines.

Gakpo - made a difference when he came on and the whole new look team down the right were our best performers. I said that the way Palace set up didn't suit Nunez, I think it did suit Cody. It needed that clever link up man to get between their defensive set up.

Jones - didn't really do much after coming on, wouldn't even know he was on.

Elliott - his performances as a sub all season have outshone his performances from the start and today was no different. He was F***ing boss today. He took the mantle of being the one who was running at the opposition and it paid off with a wonderful goal. His energy, his link up play, his desire, it was all on display. Made up for the lad as well because you can see what playing for this club means to him.

Overall, one happy fat b***ard today.

We're top of the League so anybody not being happy can go F**k themselves.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #490: Dec 09, 2023 03:45:45 pm
      Abysmal performance, but we got a little rub if the green for a change 😏

3 points.  Top of the table.  Good times. 

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #491: Dec 09, 2023 03:48:37 pm
      If you cut across a player when the break is on it's normally a yellow. Ayew is an experienced player and he took a chance. They did that on 2 or 3 times. Wasn't a bad call by the ref, OK could've give Ayew the benefit but it was a clear foul.

They got 6 yellows and Ayew got a second. In future might be an Orange...sin bin for 10 minutes.

The fouls were 17-17. We got 2 yellows.
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2023 03:54:54 pm by Harrisimo »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #492: Dec 09, 2023 03:50:35 pm
      Played poorly and still came away with all three points. A win is a win however, ride our luck and hopefully we can stay in the title race.

Great to have Ali back who was by far Motm.
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #493: Dec 09, 2023 03:51:13 pm
      So what's everyone's hope for the Arse game? A Villa win, or just a draw? Villa win brings them right up our arses too but can they sustain this a full season? or a draw, which brings Arse level with us?

Villa win end of chat
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #494: Dec 09, 2023 03:57:30 pm

Yes a Villa win would do as I think they're more likely to drop off slightly whereas Arsenal will be genuine contenders, and the more points they drop the better.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,556 posts | 1787 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #495: Dec 09, 2023 04:11:11 pm
      Get in.

Fantastic win in the end. Grinding.

And palace and Thier barn owl ant footi tactics.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #496: Dec 09, 2023 04:13:22 pm
      Get in.

Fantastic win in the end. Grinding.

And palace and Thier barn owl ant footi tactics.

Twt Twt Mr.Woy !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,556 posts | 1787 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #497: Dec 09, 2023 04:14:00 pm
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #498: Dec 09, 2023 04:14:16 pm
      Boss confirmed we didn't play well untill 76 minute when Ayew was sent off. Just didn't work hard enough and if you do that at against these lower teams you can get turned over.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67598698
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #499: Dec 09, 2023 04:19:40 pm
      I don't like the early kick-off and I think we performed the whole game like we were very tired and out of it, but its nice to be to top of the table and put the pressure on those under us for a change.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,123 posts | 451 
      Reply #500: Dec 09, 2023 04:51:27 pm
      The minute it took an age for VAR to send the referee to the screen and then for the referee to take an eternity to rule out the first penalty I had strong feeling that we were going to get a horrible decision.   Because that was an obvious foul on Endo.   The second penalty was soft very soft.  And to then to over rule the ref it is amazing from the official should pat each on the backs scumbags. 

We were poor but we all know that 12:30 kick off don't suit our  team setup.   We know it and they know it and that is why we keep getting them,  we have had the most of the morning kick off since Jürgen has been here well more than twice the amount of the team that have had the second most.   This season it seems that they are only giving them to us only.   They really do want us to fail we have to do it the hard way.

3 points in the bag  and top of the league so its a big F**k you to all the haters!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,348 posts | 1532 
      Reply #501: Dec 09, 2023 04:57:38 pm
      Where’s Keith 😂😂😂
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #502: Dec 09, 2023 05:03:39 pm
      The minute it took an age for VAR to send the referee to the screen and then for the referee to take an eternity to rule out the first penalty I had strong feeling that we were going to get a horrible decision.   Because that was an obvious foul on Endo.   The second penalty was soft very soft.  And to then to over rule the ref it is amazing from the official should pat each on the backs scumbags. 

We were poor but we all know that 12:30 kick off don't suit our  team setup.   We know it and they know it and that is why we keep getting them,  we have had the most of the morning kick off since Jürgen has been here well more than twice the amount of the team that have had the second most.   This season it seems that they are only giving them to us only.   They really do want us to fail we have to do it the hard way.

3 points in the bag  and top of the league so its a big F**k you to all the haters!
      At this point, it's like they're pushing it to see how much ridiculous stuff they can pull off in one season. How is the penalty Palace got a clear and obvious error? Even on the slow mo replay nothing is obvious. So why overturn the ref's decision. Like you said, once they it had been 5 minutes and they were still checking I knew they were already decided on giving the penalty and were just making sure nothing can come back to bite them like offside or something else.

Like you said, the 3 points are all that matters with that early kick-off and at that point in the season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #503: Dec 09, 2023 05:23:24 pm
      Where’s Keith 😂😂😂

I’m here what can I do for you. 😂
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,123 posts | 451 
      Reply #504: Dec 09, 2023 05:25:17 pm
      At this point, it's like they're pushing it to see how much ridiculous stuff they can pull off in one season. How is the penalty Palace got a clear and obvious error? Even on the slow mo replay nothing is obvious. So why overturn the ref's decision. Like you said, once they it had been 5 minutes and they were still checking I knew they were already decided on giving the penalty and were just making sure nothing can come back to bite them like offside or something else.

Like you said, the 3 points are all that matters with that early kick-off and at that point in the season.

The thing is if the referee had given the penalty it would have been very soft but not the worst penalty ever given if you know what I mean.  But like you said to overturn the ref wow,  its like the dirt on the boot with daft lines with the off side they were trying to achieve with off side.   If you going to calibrate  penalty decisions like that then you have to be giving a good few penalty's every game.   Can you imagine when their darling Terry was around may as well have 5 or more penalty's to the opposing teams every game.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,123 posts | 451 
      Reply #505: Dec 09, 2023 05:47:23 pm
      Maybe Keith and co my accuse me of wearing my red tinted glasses.  But that first decision is a very easy decision if you are trying to make a neutral decision.   To take that long to me it was saying I really want to give the penalty let me see it again and again in slow motion, normal speed F**k show it me again at another angle please God let me give it.

Quick Reply