Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson Becker
      14 (24.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      11 (19.3%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      3 (5.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      5 (8.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Wataru Endo
      18 (31.6%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      3 (5.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.8%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.8%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Dec 21, 2023 06:25:22 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10511 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Dec 19, 2023 03:22:02 pm
      Wasn't any great surprise United shut up shop. Tenner had little option. Come here and take us on..even 20% or so...nah. End up back down the East Lancs bollocking his crappy team, and getting stick from all quarters. We needed the early goal to force their hand. They put Rashford on late to try and nick but in truth Rashford could sulk for England and he did sod all.

Opening up teams is a bit of an issue but we are in the mix.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #415: Dec 19, 2023 03:56:05 pm
      No.20 is so close that can actually feel it!

Not this year lad..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #416: Dec 19, 2023 03:58:12 pm
      Wasn't any great surprise United shut up shop. Tenner had little option. Come here and take us on..even 20% or so...nah. End up back down the East Lancs bollocking his crappy team, and getting stick from all quarters. We needed the early goal to force their hand. They put Rashford on late to try and nick but in truth Rashford could sulk for England and he did sod all.

How many teams have won at your place when taking you on?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #417: Dec 19, 2023 04:01:59 pm

Smells like teen spirit to me mate, but come as you are or,  something in the way, tells me his Lithium is Not in Bloom, You know you’re right, and all apologies, drain you, how can he be so Dumb, about a girl with a heart shaped box, the negative creep, oh and btw, where did you sleep last night, on a plain, with Floyd the barber, and Jesus who doesn’t want me for Territorial Pissings !!!

There, fixed it for ya mate 🤣🤣. YNWA

Best post of the day!!!!! ;D
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #418: Dec 19, 2023 04:04:42 pm
      Pep Lijnders saying in the press conflab that we might've missed Macca's calm approach V United. And I can see what he meant. We were in a mad rush to batter them and maybe Macca would've just took that extra look. We misplaced and played the wrong ball numerous times.

Maybe that aspect of Macca's game is under appreciated. Watch out for that side of his game. Pity he got that knock coming after the confidence boosting goal V Fulham.
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #419: Dec 19, 2023 04:11:37 pm
      How many teams have won at your place when taking you on?

Well lowly Fulham had a right go and if it wasn't for the worldies we scored they would've won 3-1 or 3-2. I get that United are low on confidence and Ten had little option. Getting stuffed could've cost him. Was more disappointed that we failed to put United to the sword.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #420: Dec 19, 2023 04:16:53 pm
      Well lowly Fulham had a right go and if it wasn't for the worldies we scored they would've won 3-1 or 3-2. I get that United are low on confidence and Ten had little option. Getting stuffed could've cost him. Was more disappointed that we failed to put United to the sword.

Yet you still maintain your 100% record. 😉  So all this parking the bus from you lot is just frustration as we never fell into your trap. 😂 Not the way I like my team to play but given the circumstances I can see why. United had more to lose on this result than you lot. 🤷‍♂️
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #421: Dec 19, 2023 04:30:26 pm
      Yet you still maintain your 100% record. 😉  So all this parking the bus from you lot is just frustration as we never fell into your trap. 😂 Not the way I like my team to play but given the circumstances I can see why. United had more to lose on this result than you lot. 🤷‍♂️

Stock up on batons, nails and hatchers on your way to face Latics..
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 815 posts | 134 
      Reply #422: Dec 19, 2023 04:30:29 pm

Like their manager!!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #423: Dec 19, 2023 04:34:37 pm
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 815 posts | 134 
      Reply #424: Dec 19, 2023 04:51:27 pm
      Wonder how long he will last - this has all the making of an 'Ole At The Wheel' pantomime - and it's more entertaining than the football you're playing (or not playing actually)!
      We may not be the finished article but in the overall scheme of things we are currently light years ahead of you - I never liked ManUre (comes with the Scouse upbringing) but gave credit where it was due to the wonderful players they used to have -
      now you have Crynandez and the Incredible Sulk!   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #425: Dec 19, 2023 04:57:19 pm

How the F**k do you work that out numbnuts, you’re lot more to lose, eh no thick Cnut we were top of the shop and you were nearer the f***in basement,

Get out of that sun dipshit it’s burning yer cells off ye Sand Dancing Trollop 🤪

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #426: Dec 19, 2023 04:58:15 pm
      Wonder how long he will last - this has all the making of an 'Ole At The Wheel' pantomime - and it's more entertaining than the football you're playing (or not playing actually)!
      We may not be the finished article but in the overall scheme of things we are currently light years ahead of you - I never liked ManUre (comes with the Scouse upbringing) but gave credit where it was due to the wonderful players they used to have -
      now you have Crynandez and the Incredible Sulk!   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yeah agree with post and works both ways. I’ll always respect what you lot have  done.

I’m happy to keep ETH, least for now anyway.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #427: Dec 19, 2023 05:01:52 pm

How the F**k do you work that out numbnuts, you’re lot more to lose, eh no thick Cnut we were top of the shop and you were nearer the f***in basement,

Get out of that sun dipshit it’s burning yer cells off ye Sand Dancing Trollop 🤪

YNWA

Basement! You need to look at the table before the game you fuckwit. 🤦‍♂️ 

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #428: Dec 19, 2023 06:02:34 pm

United's tactic was clearly to hope to survive a 90 minute onslaught, and their method was essentially to secure their goal with a big padlock. And instead of finding the key, or unpicking that lock, we just kept hitting it, over and over with a big stick in the vain hope that it might crack open. There will be times when sheer number of blows will break a lock, but in hindsight, we should have spent more time making a key.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #429: Dec 19, 2023 06:07:45 pm
      Their manager's job is now secure in spite of the majority of fans wanting him gone before the undeserved draw at Anfield, the vast majority are elated with the  undeserved draw which of course is a sign of their now limited expectation.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #430: Dec 19, 2023 06:16:48 pm
      Their manager's job is now secure in spite of the majority of fans wanting him gone before the undeserved draw at Anfield, the vast majority are elated with the  undeserved draw which of course is a sign of their now limited expectation.

You lot been in same position as us Stuey, rolls will be reversed again. 😉 Just don’t ask me when. 😂
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #431: Dec 19, 2023 06:21:04 pm
      Indeed...A three nil home defeat to Bournemouth followed by a nil-nil at Anfield must feel positively hallucinogenic.
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #432: Dec 19, 2023 06:52:57 pm
      I don't really know what people expected united to do here with the results they've had and the injuries they've got.

The fact is we were sh*te. As per we couldn't break down a defensive team because we're not good enough. Let's not let uniteds tactics hide the fact we're not good enough.

The only difference Sunday to most of our other games this season was that we didn't pull it out the fire with a penalty or long range goal or sending off etc.

We've got issues at the back , in midfield and up top. And unless we get it sorted , including some creativity in midfield to unlock teams from deep and a central striker who is top drawer then we ain't challenging Arsenal and city.

We're in a battle with Villa spurs and Newcastle for 3rd/4th and it's going to be close.

Our luck ran out Sunday. You cant kerp playing passive pedestrian football and expect to get away with it. Nothing to do with united and their tactics. We were utterly clueless from minute one.

They got what they came for and barely had to sweat to get it.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #433: Dec 19, 2023 07:01:13 pm
      I don't really know what people expected united to do here with the results they've had and the injuries they've got.

The fact is we were sh*te. As per we couldn't break down a defensive team because we're not good enough. Let's not let uniteds tactics hide the fact we're not good enough.

The only difference Sunday to most of our other games this season was that we didn't pull it out the fire with a penalty or long range goal or sending off etc.

We've got issues at the back , in midfield and up top. And unless we get it sorted , including some creativity in midfield to unlock teams from deep and a central striker who is top drawer then we ain't challenging Arsenal and city.

We're in a battle with Villa spurs and Newcastle for 3rd/4th and it's going to be close.

Our luck ran out Sunday. You cant kerp playing passive pedestrian football and expect to get away with it. Nothing to do with united and their tactics. We were utterly clueless from minute one.

While I agree with some of that post , to state we won’t be challenging city or the Arse is laughable , we’re now into December and sitting second maybe top come the weekend who knows , what do you think we’re doing if it’s not challenging, because there’s plenty who would swap with us right now , we’ve showed some great tenacity so far , yes we’ve had the odd mishap but that’s going to happen , we’re fcking Liverpool fc why are some so quick to right us off after the weekend , they got what they came for , end of wasn’t perfect, but we will certainly have better days .
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,073 posts | 3440 
      Reply #434: Dec 19, 2023 07:05:47 pm

Have you checked the table

I know you like to spout sh*te but to state we are only battling Villa , Spurs and Newcastle for 4th is up there with some of your most ridiculous sh*te
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #435: Dec 19, 2023 07:06:50 pm

Very true and succinctly put. Was our failure that disappointed obviously. I thought we rushed it trying to force it time after time.Misplaced passes. Most not on blob. Mo lays if off much more these days,His mazy runs used to cause panic. Yes they were deep and obviously well organised but we just  lacked any spark of originality.

We all know, despite our lofty position, we aren't pulling up any trees but we are a damn sight better off that Mancheater...even the City mob..so far.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #436: Dec 19, 2023 07:38:20 pm

Meaning - Not in the picture or falling just short.

Quick Reply