Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (4.8%)
      Jarell Quansah
      1 (4.8%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      4 (19%)
      Curtis Jones
      11 (52.4%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      4 (19%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Conor Bradley
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: Dec 25, 2023 11:07:07 am

Liverpool 5-1 West Ham United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 6325 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,294 posts | 1403 
      Re: Liverpool 5-1 West Ham: In game and post match discussion
      Reply #276: Dec 20, 2023 11:07:37 pm
      That Bowen goal won't do Quansah any harm. Let him know the standard of defense he has to get to. He got just a bit to tight and that gives the likes of Bowen chance to create half a yard. Apart from that he played well enough.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #277: Dec 20, 2023 11:13:58 pm
      Much better individual performances all round. Going to be a difficult to get it right, selection wise V Arsenal.

Mo..in
      Nunez ..in
      Cody..in
      Szobo..in
      Endo..in
      Jones...
      Elliott...

So It's Jones or Elliott to match Szobo and Endo in mid. Cody comes in for Diaz. Maybe Elliott first half for his energy then Jones if needed but very tough call for JK.

I think Elliott as Jones doesn't play games with 3 days in between no.    Unless that has changed.   Might come off the bench after that performance though as long as it doesn't hold risk.  I hope Macca will be back for some sort of role or is too early!
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,883 posts | 421 
      Reply #278: Dec 20, 2023 11:17:02 pm
      A job well done. 👏
      Harrisimo

• 8,294 posts | 1403 
      Reply #279: Dec 20, 2023 11:18:30 pm
      I think Elliott as Jones doesn't play games with 3 days in between no.    Unless that has changed.   Might come off the bench after that performance though as long as it doesn't hold risk.  I hope Macca will be back for some sort of role or is too early!

Yeah I think your right. But I want Elliott drifting inside as well, playing just off the front 3. He has that energy to upset defenses. Think his energy is wasted slightly when he out wide.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 1099 
      Reply #280: Dec 20, 2023 11:19:59 pm
      Yeah I think your right. But I want Elliott drifting inside as well, playing just off the front 3. He has that energy to upset defenses. Think his energy is wasted slightly when he out wide.
      Fulham. First leg at home
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #281: Dec 20, 2023 11:24:50 pm

yeh agree he is more dangerous in midfield.   He isn't as effective on the right forward position and it isn't hardly fair because we have one of the all time greats of that position this is a kid building his career.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,193 posts | 4405 
      Reply #282: Dec 20, 2023 11:29:45 pm

Disagree I think that has been the issue over the last month the lack of width with Salah, Dom and Trent in his inverted position all taking up the same space. Makes it so easy for a low block to defend.

Just compare it to tonight where Moysey had no intention of attacking but with two flanks pulling the opposition defense wide creating space in the middle.

Harrisimo

• 8,294 posts | 1403 
      Reply #283: Dec 20, 2023 11:30:18 pm

Doing well. Just behind Chelsea in the league. Could argue Everton ditched Marco Silva bit sharpish ( They've had 13 in ten years)
      And it wasn't easy getting Fulham into shape. And if we hadn't scored 4 worldies he would've beaten us 3-1 or 3-2.

But we start favourites but we can't underestimate them.
      Harrisimo

• 8,294 posts | 1403 
      Reply #284: Dec 20, 2023 11:39:51 pm
      Disagree I think that has been the issue over the last month the lack of width with Salah, Dom and Trent in his inverted position all taking up the same space. Makes it so easy for a low block to defend.

Just compare it to tonight where Moysey had no intention of attacking but with two flanks pulling the opposition defense wide creating space in the middle.

Interchange with Mo, or cutting inside supporting Nunez and Cody. High energy, but been in and out, or on for the last 30. I'm not totally convinced but he's not just a squad number. He's in contention. Worth a start and will get more starts when Mo goes away.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #285: Dec 20, 2023 11:50:57 pm
      A very comfortable and dominant performance against a very poor West Ham. They barely threatened, and it was poor defending from Quansah (who otherwise had a good game) that let West Ham score.

Some lads I was happy with.. Tsimikas played well, bust a gut, and couldn't really have any complaints. He's not the quality I would expect for the team, and not a great replacement for Robertson who is dropping a bit himself, but he's been playing better over recent games and has covered the role well. Endo was solid, always looking for the ball, carrying it forward well, and all round a good performance.

Dom scored a screamer and was definitely up for this game. Was that due to the opposition showing no fight? Certainly part of it, and I wish he had this game against Utd! Nunez was desperate but sadly unable to add his name to the score sheet. Loved his work and press.

Gomez unfortunately gave me nothing to be happy with. He lost the ball on several occasions, didn't seem to have a clue what to do, and looked lost. Jones definitely grew into the game but was poor until he scored his first goal. Second goal looked great but must be said not one player made an effort to stop him. The lad is clearly a few levels below the standard that we need in the team, but against a poor West Ham he grew in confidence.

Great to see Gakpo on the score sheet. Solid game and took his chance.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #286: Dec 20, 2023 11:57:10 pm
      Wasn't expecting a comfortable win. Didn't expect us to be chasing 4 trophies in December back in the summer.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,193 posts | 4405 
      Reply #287: Dec 20, 2023 11:57:55 pm
      A very comfortable and dominant performance against a very poor West Ham. They barely threatened, and it was poor defending from Quansah (who otherwise had a good game) that let West Ham score.

Some lads I was happy with.. Tsimikas played well, bust a gut, and couldn't really have any complaints. He's not the quality I would expect for the team, and not a great replacement for Robertson who is dropping a bit himself, but he's been playing better over recent games and has covered the role well. Endo was solid, always looking for the ball, carrying it forward well, and all round a good performance.

Dom scored a screamer and was definitely up for this game. Was that due to the opposition showing no fight? Certainly part of it, and I wish he had this game against Utd! Nunez was desperate but sadly unable to add his name to the score sheet. Loved his work and press.

Gomez unfortunately gave me nothing to be happy with. He lost the ball on several occasions, didn't seem to have a clue what to do, and looked lost. Jones definitely grew into the game but was poor until he scored his first goal. Second goal looked great but must be said not one player made an effort to stop him. The lad is clearly a few levels below the standard that we need in the team, but against a poor West Ham he grew in confidence.

Gomez was solid and provided width for our midfielders to operate mate.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,030 posts | 533 
      Reply #288: Dec 21, 2023 01:00:51 am

This time last season I thought Harvey at right CM didnt work cos, especially being left footed, he couldnt cover Trent properly when Trent went forward on the overlap. But with Trent now playing the inverted role, Harvey can start central but then pull wide when Trent steps inside. Didnt apply today but have noticed in previous games that our width looks better with that combo.

Would be tempted to play Dom at left CM and Harvey at right CM against Arsenal. Could surprise Arteta a bit as well. Anyway, I think it does give us plenty of width when he plays there.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #289: Dec 21, 2023 08:28:19 am

Did you know that both Specsavers & Vision Express have some very good bargains on right now, you can also have your arsehole sand blasted as an extra, however you need to pass a little quiz….to do with football ironically…..for which you know very little about…..you can still have yer arse blasted tho….. they use a Karcher patio cleaner…on high !! Removes all the sh*te within, you might have to do it twice tho ??

Harrisimo

• 8,294 posts | 1403 
      Reply #290: Dec 21, 2023 08:31:47 am

Thought he played with confidence, especially going forward. Still misplaces the odd pass but his form is coming back. Was always a quality player, struggled a bit but back to close to his best.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #291: Dec 21, 2023 09:00:28 am

Did you know that both Specsavers & Vision Express have some very good bargains on right now

You obviously follow their stores and special offers as you lack clear vision as demonstrated from your own posts on here.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,073 posts | 3440 
      Reply #292: Dec 21, 2023 09:18:16 am

You really do abuse people’s right to be stupid

Jones was 1st in every stat

93% pass accuracy
      88 touches
      62/67 passes completed
      2/3 dribbles completed
      2 ground duels won
      2 key passes
      2 goals
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2023 09:29:55 am by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1778 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #293: Dec 21, 2023 09:42:27 am
      You really do abuse people’s right to be stupid

Jones was 1st in every stat

93% pass accuracy
      88 touches
      62/67 passes completed
      2/3 dribbles completed
      2 ground duels won
      2 key passes
      2 goals

MOTM for the TV pundits too.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,387 posts | 2823 
      Reply #294: Dec 21, 2023 10:36:10 am
      West Ham don't have the squad to be going deep in this whilst playing in Europe too and it showed last night. They were off it from the first minute but to our credit we never let them get in the game and from our point of view it was the best we've played in a long time.

Hopefully it gives us some momentum for Saturday which will be a whole new level of opposition.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      Reply #295: Dec 21, 2023 10:41:12 am
      You obviously follow their stores and special offers as you lack clear vision as demonstrated from your own posts on here.

Touché, indeed I have full membership with both 😁
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #296: Dec 21, 2023 10:46:54 am

Touché, indeed I have full membership with both 😁
      Touché....Isn't xxxxx:action-smiley-065: that the fella we were in for last summer?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      Reply #297: Dec 21, 2023 10:54:07 am
      Touché....Isn't xxxxx:action-smiley-065: that the fella we were in for last summer?

No mate, that was Touching….a completely different therapy 😁
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Re: Liverpool 5-1 West Ham United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #298: Dec 21, 2023 12:18:32 pm

Quietly thought he was motm, I know Jones gets the applause for the two goals, but I thought Gomez was superb.

Quick Reply