Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Newcastle Mon 1st Jan 20:00 Kick Off

Read 1529 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Pre-Match: Liverpool V Newcastle Mon 1st Jan 20:00 Kick Off
      Dec 31, 2023 10:20:50 am

Pre-Newcastle stats: Alisson Becker in line for 250th Liverpool appearance

Alisson Becker is set to make his 250th appearance for Liverpool when Newcastle United visit Anfield on New Year's Day.

The goalkeeper has produced 108 clean sheets and scored once during his time as a Red since arriving from AS Roma in the summer of 2018.

This will be Liverpool's first game on New Year's Day since 2018 when they won 2-1 at Burnley, with Ragnar Klavan scoring a 94th-minute winner.

The Reds have won more home games versus Newcastle (22) than against any other team in the Premier League era, and taken 71 points from the available 84.

Liverpool have scored in 27 consecutive home matches against the Magpies – a Premier League-record run – and have found the net in 40 of the last 41 at Anfield in the top flight.

The Reds have put 115 goals past Newcastle in the Premier League era – more than against any other team.

This will be Liverpool's first game on New Year's Day since 2018 when they won 2-1 at Burnley, with Ragnar Klavan scoring a 94th-minute winner.

The Reds have won more home games versus Newcastle (22) than against any other team in the Premier League era, and taken 71 points from the available 84.

Liverpool have scored in 27 consecutive home matches against the Magpies – a Premier League-record run – and have found the net in 40 of the last 41 at Anfield in the top flight.

The Reds have put 115 goals past Newcastle in the Premier League era – more than against any other team.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/pre-newcastle-stats-alisson-becker-line-250th-liverpool-appearance

NB: Team no longer available

I would leave Jota for the last 20 minutes just to keep him cotton wrapped. Even Mac Allister I would not start with him since Endo is leaving for a month. After Konate was rested, he will play this match.

Happy New Year Kopites!  :scarf:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,260 posts | 4933 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Newcastle Mon 1st Jan 20:00 Kick Off
      Reply #1: Dec 31, 2023 11:37:19 am
      Agree with not starting Jota Clint. We need him after this game so I'd use him as a sub as well to ease him back in.

Endo to start for me as well.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1532 
      Reply #2: Dec 31, 2023 12:18:12 pm
      We need our best 11 for these bar Jota, who needs to be eased back in gently, to avoid any recurance.  They can turn it on occasionally so we need to get on top from the start.
      Nunez down the middle to terrify them 😂
      after his 10 man 10 minute demolition of them earlier in the season.
      I’m always confident when we play these, as long as we bring our A game.
      Gone for 2:0 in the predictions, but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more !

COME ON YOU MIGHTY RED MEN !
      Feel like I’ve been waiting so long for this game.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1783 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: Dec 31, 2023 01:12:40 pm

Pre-Newcastle stats: Alisson Becker in line for 250th Liverpool appearance

Alisson Becker is set to make his 250th appearance for Liverpool when Newcastle United visit Anfield on New Year's Day.

The goalkeeper has produced 108 clean sheets and scored once during his time as a Red since arriving from AS Roma in the summer of 2018.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/pre-newcastle-stats-alisson-becker-line-250th-liverpool-appearance

NB: Team no longer available

I would leave Jota for the last 20 minutes just to keep him cotton wrapped. Even Mac Allister I would not start with him since Endo is leaving for a month. After Konate was rested, he will play this match.

Happy New Year Kopites!  :scarf:

Can't disagree with this.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #4: Dec 31, 2023 01:54:20 pm
      Just F***ing win redmen.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,294 posts | 1665 
      Reply #5: Dec 31, 2023 02:08:55 pm
      Jota and Mac on the bench for.me . Ibou to return Jones,Endo and Dom midfield.  Nunez must start with Mo toss up.between Gakpo and Diaz
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      Reply #6: Dec 31, 2023 02:59:00 pm
      Jota and Mac on the bench for.me . Ibou to return Jones,Endo and Dom midfield.  Nunez must start with Mo toss up.between Gakpo and Diaz

I agree with you except I would prefer Gravenberch than Jones but it all depends how they trained.
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #7: Dec 31, 2023 04:27:01 pm
      Newcastle struggling a bit but still a top 6 candidate, so we have to on it. Endo Dom and Jones in mid with Mo, Nunez and Gakpo upstairs.

Think we could hit top form and whack them 4-0.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,544 posts | 1482 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #8: Dec 31, 2023 04:29:51 pm
                      Alisson
      Trent - Konate - Virgil - Gomez
                        Endo
                   Dom - Jones
           Salah  -  Gakpo - Nunez
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,221 posts | 1222 
      Reply #9: Dec 31, 2023 04:39:48 pm
      We simply have to win this. Recent results suggest we may be the only side capable of challenging City for the title. It is also a great opportunity to heap misery and pressure on Eddie Howe and the Geordies. Darwin awaits!
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #10: Dec 31, 2023 05:26:01 pm
      3 points by any means necessary!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,658 posts | 1592 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #11: Jan 01, 2024 12:47:27 am
      Let's get the New Year 2024 off to a great start by smashing the barcodes into oblivion  :D
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      Reply #12: Jan 01, 2024 05:36:39 am
      We need to be clinical.

Salah's hat trick before he leave us.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,883 posts | 421 
      Reply #13: Jan 01, 2024 12:39:28 pm
      Big game isn't it? The talk seems to be that this Newcastle team are a bit tired but there's been a fair break in between games for them to recover for this one.

They'll sit in and look to hit on the break with their usual snide tactics so it will be vital to get the first goal and then exploit the gaps if and when they come out and play.

Expecting a bit of a United style park the bus game but with them to have a bit more composure to want to create chances themselves.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1532 
      Reply #14: Jan 01, 2024 12:47:30 pm
      I don’t think they’ll be as negative as utd, but I think we’ll need to score in first 20 to bring them out a bit. That’ll open up the game and give us spaces to attack in.

Please don’t underestimate these, and don’t concede early, or at all 🤷‍♂️
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #15: Jan 01, 2024 01:57:41 pm
      The score is 4-3. I already know!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,083 posts | 3442 
      Reply #16: Jan 01, 2024 02:09:11 pm
      Allison

TAA
      Konate
      VVD
      Gomez

Endo
      Jones
      Dom

Mo
      Nunez
      Diaz

rossyred

• 9,294 posts | 1665 
      Reply #17: Jan 01, 2024 02:18:06 pm
      Allison

TAA
      Konate
      VVD
      Gomez

Endo
      Jones
      Dom

Mo
      Nunez
      Diaz

Agree with all apart from think Gakpo will start left
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #18: Jan 01, 2024 03:55:56 pm
      Cried off ill, telly-clapping tonight.

Another three points Redmen.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 765 
      Reply #19: Jan 01, 2024 04:54:13 pm
      Whatever the score, three points is vital, to at least keep clear at the top. Believe the Redswill beat the barcodes by at least two clear goals.

Great to be top at the very start of the year, where we need to finish come May !
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,947 posts | 5007 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: Jan 01, 2024 05:21:50 pm
      Win we go five clear, and that isn’t a bad platform to start ‘24’ with, we all know we’ve been hit & miss of late but who the F**k cares? So long as we do keep picking up points and maintain that gap, we’ll be very difficult to surpass,
      Of course the landscape changes when Mo & Endo go walkabout for the Afcon, but we have ample backing from Jota Gakpo and that Mad Bugger Nunez so hopefully we can maintain the goals for column, ….

….so Toon tonight.. and a chance to make a statement that we are very much right up there this season and more than that, Are very Serious contenders, no one thought we would be, except all of the Red tinted visionary’s, myself included, like I said, most would have us in the top 5/6, so for us to be where we are, it’s absolutely f***in brilliant,

We’ve lost once, and that was ripped away from us by the ineptitude of the the PGMOL, but let’s not ponder over the past….thats resigned to the history books….tonight I’d go with this…..

Alisson
          Trent  Konate  Virgil  Gomez
                          Endo
               Harvey          G’Berch
             Salah    Gakpo   Nunez

Toon are decimated by a injury or two, not our problem obviously but it gives a slightly different perspective to what it might have been, still won’t be easy by any stretch but it’s a chance to open up a significant gap and eases the pressure slightly, difficult to predict a score, however I think we’ll see plenty of goal attempts especially from us.

3-1 Mighty Redmen

YNWA

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3920 
      Reply #21: Jan 01, 2024 06:44:38 pm
      Nervous about this one. Newcastle sh*te away from home, just like United are yet they somehow got a result from us.

Early goal will make the difference

Quick Reply