Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Pre-Match: Arsenal v Liverpool Sunday 7th Dec. FA Cup: KO 16:30

Read 2845 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,321 posts | 775 
      Re: Pre-Match: Arsenal v Liverpool Sunday 7th Dec. FA Cup: KO 16:30
      Reply #46: Jan 07, 2024 02:33:25 pm
      Do you really need to change a colour of a shirt to highlight it , it’s going on every day and perpetrators won’t stop because of a shirt , this country got soft on crime and it’s paying a heavy price , there’s no deterrent,
      Of course it's not a panacea, and no one is naive enough to think otherwise. If it makes even one teenager think twice about carrying a knife, and so decide's not to...then that represents at least a modicum of progress. I agree with you that the penalty for carrying a knife needs to be more severe.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,321 posts | 775 
      Reply #47: Jan 07, 2024 02:37:07 pm
      May as well… Both Mohamed and Jesus will have no say in today’s outcome…
      Devotee's may of course beg to differ!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,241 posts | 8575 
      Reply #48: Jan 07, 2024 02:43:46 pm
      Of course it's not a panacea, and no one is naive enough to think otherwise. If it makes even one teenager think twice about carrying a knife, and so decide's not to...then that represents at least a modicum of progress. I agree with you that the penalty for carrying a knife needs to be more severe.

Did the same thing last season wearing an white kit when they played Oxford I think.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 1099 
      Reply #49: Jan 07, 2024 02:57:27 pm
      Do you really need to change a colour of a shirt to highlight it , it’s going on every day and perpetrators won’t stop because of a shirt , this country got soft on crime and it’s paying a heavy price , there’s no deterrent,
      I'm a cop in the States. I worked the drug and gang task force in our area in an under cover capacity for 18 months. In this time I did controlled buys for Narcotics and guns on a daily occurrence. What I learned in this time frame was, no matter how hard you work, if the system doesn't back you, it's almost for not. In Virginia (and the rest of the US) the system is sh*t.

Until law makers start handing out harsher penalties, things won't change.

I currently run our Investigations department. Last Christmas Eve I worked a shooting that resulted in the death of another. I charged the suspect with man slaughter. He got bond and beat me home for Christmas dinner. Food for thought 🤔
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #50: Jan 07, 2024 02:57:46 pm
      Might seem weird but I don't think us winning today would be great for our season. Think we've got bigger fish to fry. Let Arsenal have the headache of extra games?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,029 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #51: Jan 07, 2024 03:06:55 pm
                              Alisson
              Trent  Quansah Virgil Gomez
                    Elliot   Macca  Jones
                  Gakpo   Nunez    Diaz

Rotating the Six in front of the back 5 is key for us getting thru the Afcon walkabout, had to think hard on Jota or Nunez, went Nunez cos he scares the sh*te out of defenders, also I don’t think we’ll go gung ho at the emirates, we’ll play counter attack formation with the emphasis of not conceding,
      We need to protect Jota so coming off the bench lessens the chances of him getting injured, can’t afford to lose him and Mo can we ?

Thought of Elliot in for Mo but it’s not the game to try it, perhaps Vs Fulham but we’ll see,

Might see one or two more academy hopefuls during this mini cup run, Quansah & Bacjetic making strides already, Bradley & Chalmers given minutes recently & a glimpse of Kaide too, so watch this space….

…..gobs***e Arteta will probably go strong as possible so I’m expecting a good battle, not sure how many of them go to the Afcon so I guess it could be who copes best without key players?

Tough one to call this, however I’ve had my Red tints re calibrated for Xmas and I’m up for a memorable win…..Mentally Monsters Vs the seasonal Bottlers…..

2-3 The Monsters…..

And Keith can go F**k himself !!

YNWA 

What have I said now you fcukwit   :lmao:

Sounds like you’ve had the rose tints calibrated the wrong way. 😂

COME ON THE GOONERS    :f_whistle:
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,548 posts | 1093 
      Reply #52: Jan 07, 2024 03:23:00 pm
      Might seem weird but I don't think us winning today would be great for our season. Think we've got bigger fish to fry. Let Arsenal have the headache of extra games?

Winning breeds confidence and momentum. Be nice to stick the knife into them today following their recent defeats. Legohead will start to lose it

Quick Reply