Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Traore Close to leaving

Read 2151 times
      Biggie
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 84 posts |
      Traore Close to leaving
      Jul 26, 2006 01:36:42 pm
      thank F**k.

Skysports.com can reveal Charlton are closing in on the signature of Liverpool's Djimi Traore.

The Addicks are keen to sign the tall Frenchman after Liverpool indicated they would be willing to let him move on.

The arrival of Fabio Aurelio at Anfield has increased competition for places and Liverpool are ready to trim their squad.

Bolton expressed an interest in signing Traore, but Charlton have jumped to the head of the queue to sign the versatile defender.

The player's agent Willie McKay revealed talks over a move to The Valley are at an advanced stage.

"Djimi is close to a move to Charlton," McKay told skysports.com "It is a loan move with the option of a permanent deal.

"I have had talks with Iain Dowie and [Charlton chief executive] Andrew Mills about Djimi.

"Iain is very keen to sign Djimi and we are hopeful that it can be pushed through this week so that he can make his debut against Valencia this weekend.

"I am just waiting to hear back from Rick Parry at Liverpool before the move can happen."

Dowie has seemingly turned his attention to Traore after failing to land Fulham-bound Middlesbrough defender Franck Queudrue.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=405773&CPID=8&clid=33&lid=2&title=Addicks+close+on+Traore
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Traore Close to leaving
      Reply #1: Jul 26, 2006 02:48:39 pm
      thank god. now we need to get rid of diao and then the rubbish players of GH erea has gon.
      KingoftheKop
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      Traore Close to leaving
      Reply #2: Jul 26, 2006 03:13:49 pm
      They have been a giant waste of wages and i can't wait to see the back of Traore and Diao. at least we got rid of Cisse the albino gimp. :P
      Stevie G
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Traore Close to leaving
      Reply #3: Jul 26, 2006 04:18:13 pm
      Out of all of houlliers signings i always thought traore cudda made it as a first team player.  He was too inconsistent.  shame....
      Bristol Scouse
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Traore Close to leaving
      Reply #4: Jul 26, 2006 05:59:33 pm
      yeah he is very inconsistant, would be a good squad player at a mid table side though. Last of Houlliers donkeys out the door (if Diao goes to charlton)
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Traore Close to leaving
      Reply #5: Jul 26, 2006 06:48:50 pm
      Traore could have been a decent player, too fond of going to ground, very good for a last ditch tackle.

Always had my heart in my mouth though when anyone took him on in the penalty area.

Who could forget that Brazilian like drag back on the goal line against Burnley in the Cup. Good Luck Charlton!!!

:D  :D  :D
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Traore Close to leaving
      Reply #6: Jul 26, 2006 07:39:18 pm
      Out of interest here is Gerard Houllier's Liverpool line up in his last game in charge - the 1-1 home draw against Newcastle.

Liverpool:
      Dudek
      Finnan
      Carragher
      Hyypia
      Riise
      Murphy
      Hamann
      Gerrard
      Kewell
      Heskey
      Owen

Subs not used:
      Henchoz
      Baros
      Sinama Pongolle
      Cheyrou
      Harrison

Now there wasn't much deadwood in that first XI really.  That defence won the Champions League remember.

I think Gerard has taken a lot of stick but I think for quite a while (before Rafa) we have been nearly there.

Just my opinion mind...
      reu01
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Traore Close to leaving
      Reply #7: Jul 26, 2006 07:43:33 pm
      GH shud take his rubbish 2 lyon, he not wanted on merseyside
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Traore Close to leaving
      Reply #8: Jul 28, 2006 07:52:27 pm
      houllier was class up until his last 1 and a half seasons he was rubbish then, diouf could be used as a winger but diao and traore rubbish
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Troare
      Reply #9: Jul 28, 2006 09:09:30 pm
      Seconded Mikal all this sh*t about Houllier, pre-heart stuff untouchable, personally think he came back to soon.

He looked at lot refreshed at world cup and still speaks very highly of club.

But he went a bit mad and had to be let go, some of his last purchases have proven that they weren't the next Zidane or Platini

That last press conference he gave before newcastle game was so cringeworthy, I almost felt sorry for him

As for Diao, when his effin contract up as we will never ever get a fee back for him

Quick Reply