Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (3.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      9 (11%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      57 (69.5%)
      Jarell Quansah
      4 (4.9%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      5 (6.1%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      2 (2.4%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      0 (0%)
      Conor Bradley
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: Jan 11, 2024 06:24:42 pm

Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10699 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2719 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Jan 09, 2024 04:46:34 am
      Nah Keith Fergie's best move was leaving yuz with a bag of sh*te when he got off!

He still won the league with a bag of sh*te 😉
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #507: Jan 09, 2024 06:33:20 am

Oi Oi !

Once a bag of sh*the.... always a bag of....
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1532 
      Reply #508: Jan 09, 2024 08:26:54 am
      Well, well, well, the quadruple is still well and truly on again.

Oh and if anyone wants to know how we'll cope while Mo and Endo are off with their national sides, we'll cope with a very hard-fought, well deserved victory against a full strength side who are the, so called, nearest contenders to City's League title. And it wasn't just our Egyptian King and Japanese Warrior we were without, we were missing at least five of our first choice XI. Nearly half of what would be Jürgen's first XI were missing and we still walk away with a clean sheet, a victory and progression into the next round.

First half we were second best for the vast majority, though if Elliott plays the right pass in the opening two or three minutes to Nunez then there's a chance we actually take the lead early on. But football isn't a forty-five minute game, it's played over ninety minutes and over the course of the game we got what we deserved.

Couple of kids got some valuable minutes under their belts and not only that, they played a huge part in seeing us beat Arsenal. And some of these kids just continue to impress. Jarell Quansah, I am looking squarely at you when I say that. What a F***ing star you've been this season.

Well done Reds (or purples last night).

Alisson - couple of fairly decent saves that you'd expect him to make but was there when we needed him. Thought he'd of been given the night off but I reckon Jürgen will do what he back in 22 and leave Kelleher for the League Cup games even if we make the final.

Alexander-Arnold - gobsmacked that people have him down as man of the match because I thought he was really poor last night, especially in the right back position. Their most dangerous players were Nelson and Martinelli, both of whom were up against Trent. The chance where Nelson ran through to Ramsdale's long ball, he just left Trent for dead. Martinelli made him look like a schoolboy twice in a matter of minutes. His set pieces weren't great. Even the one that led to the opener was met by an Arsenal head, not ours. Once moved into midfield he was a bit better but was nowhere near as good as people (including MOTD) were making out.

Konate - tie this big b***ard down to a long-term deal now because in a couple of years he'll be the best centre half in the world. And while he's already at the biggest club in the world, money and the lure of going back home to France or playing for one of the Spanish giants may turn his head. But he's well on his way to being to Liverpool 2.0 what Virgil Van Dijk was to Jürgen's first great side. Absolute beast again last night, practically flawless.

Quansah - looked a little unsure of himself in the first half up until that injury scare but that seemed to liven him up and he then matched his centre half partner for flawlessness. I've already said it but what a F***ing star this lad has been for us. I don't know how many of us was expecting him to play this big a role in the team this season but he's taken it with both hands, so much that I'm not nervous going into games with him playing.

Gomez - got caught a couple of times dallying on the ball but once he switched his brain in gear he kept Saka so very quiet - for the second time in a couple of weeks. And I've been saying for weeks that he will score this season, now the commentators are saying the same thing. A thirty yard effort from left back by cutting in on his right foot wasn't how I was expecting him to break his duck but he tried. Been a big upturn in form this season from the previous years.

Gakpo - fairly invisible for most of the game bar that one turn, run and pass that led to Trent hitting the bar. I was one who thought he could play in midfield back in the summer but I'm really doubtful now. He's had a few go's there now and hasn't done much of note.

Mac Allister - wasn't bad by any means but didn't really do much either. I think over the last few weeks where Endo has been outstanding in that role, it was coming back to earth to see our "number 6" play the way Mac did. But he's coming back from a lengthy lay off so it's no surprise he wasn't quite at peak form.

Jones - last time I said he didn't play that well, the stats said otherwise so I'm a bit fearful saying he wasn't great again last night. And I thought there was a clear gap in quality between himself and Odegaard. Second half he grafted a bit more and got us going again but I don't remember too much else from his performance other than that turn that led to one of their lot getting booked.

Elliott - a real Jekyll and Hyde type player. His cameos from the bench this season have been, generally, top class but his starting berths have been way below par and last night was another in that category for me. First couple of minutes he should have played Nunez in with the outside of his left foot so Darwin could just run onto it and slot it home but he tried to pulling it back with his right foot which, even if it reached Nunez, would have forced Darwin to take at least a touch and lose the momentum of the attack. And it just got less effective from Harvey after that. Second half moving back into midfield seemed to help us but he still didn't really do much. How he got booked for disent yet Odergaard did the same thing three times and recieved nothing is beyond me.

Nunez - another Jekyll and Hyde type player. Almost anonymous in the first half but one of our better players in the second and seemed to relish playing on the left instead of through the middle. I think while Mo is with Egpyt, it should be Diaz on the right, Nunez left and Jota centrally. His sheer pace and power must give defenders nightmares though. His inability to finish on a regular basis must give keepers some hope though - but they must also have nightmares because there's always the possibility that against them is the day he turns it on.

Diaz - thought was getting unfairly bashed in the first half, when as usual he was our most threatening attacker. And then second half, moving over to the right, he showed his qualities on the opposite wing. Fantastic finish as well. I would like to see him release the ball a bit earlier at times rather than thinking he has to dribble past five players all the time but his feet are that good that I can see why he does try these things.

Gravenberch - he's been poor recently and while he wasn't outstanding last night, it was a step up from where he's been in the last few weeks. Nothing special by any stretch but no clear cock ups. I think he's one of those players who needs a good run in the team to really see the best of him. Not everybody is Danny Sturridge who can just turn it on after a number of weeks out.

Jota - here is a perfect example of someone who has just turned it on since his return from injury. He's been such a plus since returning to the side. Fantastic run and pass for Diaz's goal to settle the game. The lad just oozes class.

Bradley - fantastic showing from the young lad. Martinelli got no change whatsoever from this kid. Hopefully he can stay injury free and kick on from this performance because he's clearly got quality. He's gonna struggle to get regular games with Trent ahead of him but he can provide decent back up.

Clark - nice to see him get his first senior minutes of the season after a couple of showings last year. Didn't do much to stand out but wasn't made to look out of his depth either. With still plenty of games to play this year, he might get another run out somewhere down the line.

Overall we can be really proud of the performance last night.

We showed fight and heart in the first half and then showed our class and quality in the second.

Thank you once again Jürgen and our Redmen.

Looking through this summary of players performances, they’re so average, it may have suggested we lost like 4: 0
      I think if we had won 6:0 they’d only get a 7 out of 10 from you 😂
      And believe me, someone’s gonna be on the end of a 6:0 thrashing soon 👍
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,021 posts | 3352 
      Reply #509: Jan 09, 2024 09:43:14 am
      Looking through this summary of players performances, they’re so average, it may have suggested we lost like 4: 0

Maybe because we were fairly average for much of the game.

And I’ll always give my honest assessment of players. If they play well, such as Konate did, then I’ll say it. If they didn’t then I’ll say that as well regardless of the result.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #510: Jan 09, 2024 10:03:56 am

It’s not enough to scrape any win. We must win in entertainingly Hollywood style!
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #511: Jan 09, 2024 10:11:42 am

Really ? Maybe I’m wrong but I thought we handed Arteta his arse on a plate, No Virgil, No Robbo, No Tsimikas, No Endo, No Szlobos, No Mo, that’s FIVE of our regular starters missing, yet we went there soaked up their feebleness with gay abandon, they thru everything but the kitchen sink and still couldn’t score,

Yes we were under the pump for the best part of a hour, not our problem they couldn’t find the onion bag tho is it ?

Me, I can’t wait to go there again, this time tho we’ll put a end to their title aspirations, you obviously see it differently, they are a decent side to be fair, however, they had their opportunity last season without us challenging, but we’re back almost to our best and back to being the only side capable of staying with the Fraudsters, again, Arsenal bottled out, something they seem to make a habit of !!

YNWA

I don't disagree with any of your post. I simply meant the league game might throw up a completely different game and result. We certainly have to be better in the first half that's for sure. Obviously our history, and everybody else's for that matter, is littered with results that defy logic. I always look forward to games against any London team.

Think the Boss won't assume anything regarding the league match. It will be another battle. Mo & Endo might still be away. Early Feb is the QF of the Afcon.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #512: Jan 09, 2024 10:28:35 am

After he left the bag of sh*te have failed to win the Prem!
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #513: Jan 09, 2024 10:41:01 am

Testament to his motivational ability. Mostly through fear I suspect.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2719 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #514: Jan 09, 2024 12:00:25 pm
      After he left the bag of sh*te have failed to win the Prem!

You’ll have same problem when Klopp goes.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2719 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #515: Jan 09, 2024 12:02:10 pm
      Testament to his motivational ability. Mostly through fear I suspect.

Was trying to get that over to Stuey but he chooses to ignore. 😆
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #516: Jan 09, 2024 12:14:11 pm
      Was trying to get that over to Stuey but he chooses to ignore. 😆

No mate Ferguson was past his best and he knew it, the squad was in need of a complete overhaul and he did not have the qualities to see it through, understandable for any man of advanced years.

For the good of the club Ferguson should have called it a day much earlier as events have proved.

You hope!
      « Last Edit: Jan 09, 2024 12:26:17 pm by stuey »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2719 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #517: Jan 09, 2024 01:10:38 pm
      No mate Ferguson was past his best and he knew it, the squad was in need of a complete overhaul and he did not have the qualities to see it through, understandable for any man of advanced years.

For the good of the club Ferguson should have called it a day much earlier as events have proved.

You hope!

😆😆😆

It’s called retirement Stuey, no one goes on forever you know. 🤷‍♂️
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #518: Jan 09, 2024 03:51:47 pm
      😆😆😆

Know all about that mate but for one reason or the other Ferguson carried on when he should have stepped down and the next phase of management and team development taken place.

On topic - the last 20 minutes or so brought back memories of Istanbul!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,946 posts | 5007 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #519: Jan 09, 2024 05:27:31 pm
      I don't disagree with any of your post. I simply meant the league game might throw up a completely different game and result. We certainly have to be better in the first half that's for sure. Obviously our history, and everybody else's for that matter, is littered with results that defy logic. I always look forward to games against any London team.

Think the Boss won't assume anything regarding the league match. It will be another battle. Mo & Endo might still be away. Early Feb is the QF of the Afcon.

Fairy muff mate, I just think we have the measure of them now, 1-1 when they were flying albeit at Anfield, but they had the mindset they were gonna roll us over, as did most pundits, but they didn’t, fast forward then to Sunday and they had nothing but revenge on their minds but they still couldn’t get the better of us even tho we were seriously depleted and they had more or less a full team out, …

So when we do meet next time we should be stronger having Virgil back, hopefully Szlobos too, unsure of the Afcon  boys being back in time but as sure as there’s sh*t in a cat they’ll be more worried about us as we are of them, and we won’t be !!

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,946 posts | 5007 
      Reply #520: Jan 09, 2024 05:42:59 pm

Doubt it Keef, he wouldn’t sh*t on the club he has had a major say on its rebuild, Fergie dropped your lot in the deepest sh*te possible, and nobody had the balls to call him out, still don’t, and now, almost 10 years after( Good band they were btw) you’re still in the deepest sh*te imaginable, with a bloke so out of his depth, clueless and as much chance of success as Rooney has of being voted hunk of the century!!

Also Jürgen has class written all over him, as for Fergie, it was all about him !!!

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,946 posts | 5007 
      Reply #521: Jan 09, 2024 05:46:56 pm
      😆😆😆

Correct me if I’m wrong Keef, but didn’t Fergie say he was going to retire but then decided against it, might have 2010 or thereabouts but I seem to remember getting pissed off cos the old Cnut decided to stay on ?? 🤣🤣
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #522: Jan 09, 2024 06:12:21 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong Keef, but didn’t Fergie say he was going to retire but then decided against it, might have 2010 or thereabouts but I seem to remember getting pissed off cos the old Cnut decided to stay on ?? 🤣🤣

Hey he just wanted to stay that little longer to make sure the decomposing process happened and when he left just to rubber stamp it put the chosen one in charge any player that had any life in him just decomposed into sh*t!   :lmao:

Ask me if Fergy wanted to take up another career think he would make some  fine compost!   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #523: Jan 09, 2024 07:17:14 pm
      Know all about that mate but for one reason or the other Ferguson carried on when he should have stepped down and the next phase of management and team development taken place.

On topic - the last 20 minutes or so brought back memories of Istanbul!

Think he wanted to get closer to the racing fraternity, when he first decided to retire. Then he fell out with them and looked at it again and decided to stay on. Complex character for sure. Keane calls him out over all kinds.

At Aberdeen he was deffo an admirer of LFC. Can't really say whether Fungie should've gone earlier. Nominated Moyes. Ten Hag is the 7th since Moyes.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2719 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #524: Jan 10, 2024 04:35:26 am

The powers that be tempted him to stay on, obviously no one wanted him to leave, why would you when he’s the most successful manager to grace our league. 😉

Back on topic. I go back to manc land in a few days so I’ll get to watch MOTD to see how lucky you fcukers ( apparently?)  was. 😂
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #525: Jan 11, 2024 11:31:30 pm

No we won't.

Pep Ljinders will take over ...seamless transition.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #526: Jan 19, 2024 01:57:13 pm
      Quote from billythered

at least give us a say on how we should look ??

My preference would be…..2nd kit …White shirt, with red piping around the neck & cuffs, V neck, with either a red or gold liver bird on yer left tit, black Shorts, red socks….

….3rd kit….all yellow, shirt…again with red piping, same as 2nd kit, both traditional and I’m no number cruncher, but I bet they’d sell more of these kits than the purple or Green we have presently??

YNWA

We wore purple because The Invisibles refused to wear their home outfit, apparantly to make a protest about a local issue that won't make any difference to it.

There's no arguing with traditionalists, but
      I would rather us wear purple than what we did at away games last year, one of the worst away kits I've ever seen, not just this club.

I know most neutrals, (as well as some of our fans) are completely dismissing the fact that we are actually clear at the top of the league, and still involved in all the other competitions, but this game was another case of no Salah, no problem. We can cope, and we will cope. Eventually they'll just have to accept that a different team can win major trophies this season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #527: Jan 20, 2024 12:53:36 pm
      We wore purple because The Invisibles refused to wear their home outfit, apparantly to make a protest about a local issue that won't make any difference to it.

You really are a horrible tw*t aren't yer?

Should we not have had a 6 minute protest, should we not walked out over the £70 tickets. That shirt thing wasn't a protest but trying to make a point to kids only too happy to grab a knife and stab each other.

Sometimes from small acorns..............not that you'd know you part time muppet!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #528: Jan 24, 2024 03:28:07 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Should we not walked out over the £70 tickets.

I never walk out of my seat during a home game, let alone walk out of the ground, but if I was only paying 70 quid on tickets, (instead of the 77 it actually was) it would be refreshing compared to some of the prices I've had to pay lately. As it is, it's already 40 to go in the Kop, and most of the rest are already paying at least 50-60, just to show up. Like me, they have no choice but to either pay up or stay at home. So we pay up.

Quick Reply