Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

I'm finally coming to the Liverpool

Read 871 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      I'm finally coming to the Liverpool
      Jan 15, 2024 06:01:25 pm
      The fam and I are getting closer to book our Liverpool trip. I live in Virginia, USA. Looking at 7 days in Liverpool and 3 days in London. I wanna try and see thebReds pkay atleast twice while we're there, and maybe take in a non league side just for fun. At this point we will wait for next year's schedule to drop and then plan around that. I will need pointers and tips from all of you.

YNWA
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: I'm finally coming to the Liverpool
      Reply #1: Jan 15, 2024 06:14:44 pm
      That sounds really exciting for you - I remember my first time in Liverpool like yesterday!

Just a word of warning, getting tickets won't be easy - even with a membership you need to get lucky in a ballot to get one. I never bought from unofficial sellers but I imagine it will be expensive. Maybe there will be people here able to help you with this.

As for a non-league club, there are plenty in the area, my suggestion would be City of Liverpool FC, the 'Purples' (or 'Purps') who play in Bootle. I've got lots of friends among the fan base.

There's plenty of stuff to do in Liverpool too apart from football, depending on your tastes; especially if you're a Beatles fan!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2: Jan 15, 2024 07:41:54 pm
      The fam and I are getting closer to book our Liverpool trip. I live in Virginia, USA. Looking at 7 days in Liverpool and 3 days in London. I wanna try and see thebReds pkay atleast twice while we're there, and maybe take in a non league side just for fun. At this point we will wait for next year's schedule to drop and then plan around that. I will need pointers and tips from all of you.

YNWA

Congratulations.

1) Do consider getting those few hundred pounds hospitality tickets for your entire group. Me sure youā€™ll have a great day out. Some packages expose you to legends as well. We need every funding for that particular marquee transfer - KM. So be sure to up your match day spending and buy everything up at the club store! Donā€™t forget the tours as well.

2) we all know matches get moved for live broadcasts all the time. Am sure you will plan sufficient buffer days to cater for that.

3) you might want to be at the team hotel on match day to catch the team walking about.

4) donā€™t go across the park! It looks near. But the distance between the two clubs is top of the league and somewhere at the relegation zone! Just kidding. Take a tourist visit!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #3: Jan 16, 2024 05:43:01 am
      How much is a ticket? Any chance at 8 together?  How bout 4? I gotta imagine I'm going to pick one of the lower level premier teams, just due to demand
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #4: Jan 16, 2024 02:52:54 pm
      b***ard.

Enjoy it. I might get over there next summer, but probably only for a day or so in Liverpool itself and there won't be any games when we are likely there.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #5: Jan 16, 2024 04:14:34 pm
      How much is a ticket? Any chance at 8 together?  How bout 4? I gotta imagine I'm going to pick one of the lower level premier teams, just due to demand

Yes you can! Me thinksā€¦ Me recommend hospitality experience. Itā€™s like a fast pass with a guaranteed match ticket. But it requires you to pay up.

We are Liverpool, unlike other stadiums which I shall not name, where the venue is too big for the club to sell out. So one way to get a guaranteed match ticket is via the hospitality side. https://hospitality.liverpoolfc.com/

Call the hospitality office. I believe there is a pay first and take a refund later system, in case you cannot make it to the match for certain reasons. Check the terms before booking your tickets.

It makes sense for any business to discriminate pricing for locals vs tourists. Even some theme parks have a local discounted rate - to get tourists to pay a premium and encourage locals to keep visiting. Unfortunately, this Anfield matchday is a very popular product and demand almost always outstrips supply. So me advice to you is just head straight for hospitality.

FSG is gonna love me for this. How many times in a lifetime you get to be at Anfield on match day? Therefore just pay up and donā€™t think too much! You can earn back your money. But you may not want to miss out on the experience. If you ainā€™t buying hospitality, someone else will!

As Iā€™ve already said for some time, this is after all a ā€œlive entertainmentā€ business - broadway, west end, NBA, WWE etc. theyā€™re all the same. While you need a decent cast and good script, overpaying for KM will not improve the business by leaps and bounds. Rather the certainty is overspending. Therefore me is almost certain that KM will never happen for us. We underspend for transfers and overdeliver.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #6: Jan 18, 2024 10:53:08 pm
      It will be interesting to see how ticketing pans out with the new Anfield Road stand. 

As other posters point out, if you are coming from the other side of the world, then you may as well stump up for the hospitality. 
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #7: Jan 19, 2024 10:56:53 am
      Hospitality is effectively a match ticket and a pre match meal. Oh, and a programme, if you're really lucky, you might even get two programmes. Not much else except expense, the "prices" are enough to make you want to go to hospital. Whatever currency you're paying for it in, it's only to be considered when all alternative options are completely and utterly exhausted.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #8: Jan 23, 2024 07:42:14 am

Prices are roughly Ā£30 in a small section of upper Annie, upto Ā£60ish.
      It's hard enough getting a pair of tickets so you'll never get 8 unless you buy hospo from the club.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #9: Jan 23, 2024 08:53:11 am
      And if the sh*t truly hits the fan and getting tickets isn't happening could be worth looking to see when there's a legend's match you could attend.

Usually within an international break and tickets end up on general sale. Gets you the Anfield experience and you won't be stressing like F**k about the outcome  ;)

Quick Reply