Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bmouth?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      9 (11%)
      Conor Bradley
      3 (3.7%)
      Curtis Jones
      4 (4.9%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      22 (26.8%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      12 (14.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      32 (39%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      0 (0%)
      Kaide Gordon
      0 (0%)
      Owen Beck
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2024 06:26:58 pm

AFC Bournemouth 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7478 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Re: AFC Bournemouth 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Jan 21, 2024 08:08:07 pm
      Surprised no one else gone for Curtis motm. I’ve been critical of him lately and thought this was a really, really important performance from him.

Been one of our best players this season and I would be shocked if he doesn’t go to the euros this summer.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #300: Jan 21, 2024 08:09:30 pm
      Surprised no one else gone for Curtis motm. I’ve been critical of him lately and thought this was a really, really important performance from him.

So true. Wasn't glitzy or glamour but controlled. Never thought he'd get to this stage - how wrong I was
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #301: Jan 21, 2024 08:11:13 pm
      Just hope Dom ready for Wednesday surprised if Curtis makes it being so close even if just a twinge
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #302: Jan 21, 2024 08:40:40 pm
      I'm a huge fan of Elliott's workrate mate and I've said many times that he does the donkey work better than most. I think he's better without the ball than with it because a lot of the time, his feet don't match his brain.

He has a role in the squad but I really think he's suited to coming off the bench at the minute - where we need that harrassing of opponents (I thought he led the charge on their keeper well a few times tonight).
      For me there's an element of headless chicken about him...loads of energy...but there's something missing, whatever that might be I hope he finds it....maybe needs to calm down and think a bit more about what he's trying to do....Still young so lots of time to improve.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #303: Jan 21, 2024 08:49:53 pm
      DLS spot on as usual and deserving of a plus ....just an added bit, Cody's lay on for Jota to score his first, was part of a beautiful team goal.

Anyways get the F**k in....

4 goals scored, none conceded, against an in form, tough opposition, in tricky conditions and the VAR system completely against us.

All the signs are there lads and lasses.  In spite of what everyone is throwing at us, we are staying strong, never give up and you can just see how much it means to every lad out there. The rest of this Season could be huge Team.

Comeonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnn
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #304: Jan 21, 2024 08:58:51 pm
      It was somehow a difficult first half. Lots of the ball, but lacking that final pass up top.
      Second half, different ball game. Totally in control again but the passing through midfield to the strikers was incredible.

Makes you wonder what was wrong in the first half 🤷‍♂️
      Can’t pin faults on anyone today. Everyone bang on all game, even the kids.

Must be a piss off for a seasoned pro, to see young kids coming on, and even worse when to can’t outplay them 😊
      That for me was a brilliant second Half and just let’s everyone know, we’re here to stay.
      I went with Darwin for motm, although it could have been anyone today.
      Just good to see him getting a couple of goals and shove the doubters taunts back down their throats.

Don’t think any senior players will be pissed off mate, in fact I think they’ll be ecstatic for them, of course no one likes warming the bench but if younger players are making their mark then we all know then at everything in the Liverpool garden is very rosy indeed,
      Yes we have a few out and perhaps that has forced Jürgen’s hand, however those who have come in haven’t looked of place, no rabbits in headlights performances, and that is down purely to the work being Done at the AxA,

The young lads are used to working and training with the senior lads and that is the reason why there are no ‘rabbits’ , they will feel comfortable on the pitch as they are at the AxA, so nothing will/should faze them,

Again I’m shouting from the rooftops about the fruits of labour that’s emerging from having everyone under the same roof, look down our history and you’ll find that lads stepping up were few and far between, we had a clutch come thru with McManaman, Owen, Gerrard, Rob Jones, David Thompson etc , but not that many until Jürgen threw on a certain TAA, ( apologies if i missed anyone),

A couple of tw*ts on talkshite touched on it today, and when I say touched, that’s exactly what I meant, but they only mentioned Bradley for about ten seconds before inevitably they reverting back to the f***in fraudsters, Foden, Palmer and Bobb, who incidentally isn’t a City break thru, but who the F**k cares about them??

Anyhoo I’m f***in rambling again, but I think you’ll get my drift !!

YNWA

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #305: Jan 21, 2024 09:05:47 pm
      For me there's an element of headless chicken about him...loads of energy...but there's something missing, whatever that might be I hope he finds it....maybe needs to calm down and think a bit more about what he's trying to do....Still young so lots of time to improve.

Not sure it’s headless chicken mate, more perhaps  just trying too hard and perhaps just a little immaturity, DLS is correct, he’s not quite ready to be a regular starter, and he has a bigger impact off the bench, his energy levels are thru the roof so it would make sense to unleash that energy in the latter stages against tired legs and minds,….but you’re correct, he’s still a young un, and has plenty of time to improve, and mature !!

YNWA
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 298 
      Reply #306: Jan 21, 2024 09:40:48 pm
      I thought Elliott was alright today. I love his movement and he always makes himself available. Coming short, darting around the little triangles. Handy display I'd say.

Problem is though, we're a better team when we go direct - whack it straight up the F***ing park. That's contrary to his style of play. Remains a better option off the bench though I'd agree.

I also thought Elliot was ok. The right side of the team have not played together much and are not the starting player in that position and I thought they worked together reasonably well.
      Elliot is still a young player although he has a lot of experience in that position. Bradley is a good young RB but he's not had many minutes in our team. Diaz is covering for Mo in an unfamiliar position.

Hopefully in a few weeks Trent, Szoboszlai and Mo will be back fit and playing together but the 3 who started today did ok. I'd probably play Diaz, Elliot and Bradley together against Fulham and definitely against Norwich. They need to develop their partnership because 2 or 3 of them could be needed against Arsenal.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #307: Jan 21, 2024 09:51:22 pm

Don’t think any senior players will be pissed off mate, in fact I think they’ll be ecstatic for them, of course no one likes warming the bench but if younger players are making their mark then we all know then at everything in the Liverpool garden is very rosy indeed,
      Yes we have a few out and perhaps that has forced Jürgen’s hand, however those who have come in haven’t looked of place, no rabbits in headlights performances, and that is down purely to the work being Done at the AxA,

The young lads are used to working and training with the senior lads and that is the reason why there are no ‘rabbits’ , they will feel comfortable on the pitch as they are at the AxA, so nothing will/should faze them,

Again I’m shouting from the rooftops about the fruits of labour that’s emerging from having everyone under the same roof, look down our history and you’ll find that lads stepping up were few and far between, we had a clutch come thru with McManaman, Owen, Gerrard, Rob Jones, David Thompson etc , but not that many until Jürgen threw on a certain TAA, ( apologies if i missed anyone),

A couple of tw*ts on talkshite touched on it today, and when I say touched, that’s exactly what I meant, but they only mentioned Bradley for about ten seconds before inevitably they reverting back to the f***in fraudsters, Foden, Palmer and Bobb, who incidentally isn’t a City break thru, but who the F**k cares about them??

Anyhoo I’m f***in rambling again, but I think you’ll get my drift !!

YNWA

I was referring to the opposotion being pissed off, not our lads 🤷‍♂️
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 420 
      Reply #308: Jan 21, 2024 09:56:43 pm
      I thought Elliott was alright today. I love his movement and he always makes himself available. Coming short, darting around the little triangles. Handy display I'd say.

Problem is though, we're a better team when we go direct - whack it straight up the F***ing park. That's contrary to his style of play. Remains a better option off the bench though I'd agree.

I just think at this point he was a better option than Grav who needs to do a lot more if he has a long term future here.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #309: Jan 21, 2024 10:11:12 pm
      I just think at this point he was a better option than Grav who needs to do a lot more if he has a long term future here.

Grav was good when he came on. I’m so sure he’s going to end up being unreal for us.
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 351 posts | 21 
      Reply #310: Jan 21, 2024 10:21:13 pm
      Get fu**ed Tierney

Immense performance tonight. Magisterial.
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #311: Jan 21, 2024 10:57:37 pm
      Wasn't a game we had to pull out of the fire or anything but these ruthless high mentality second half displays really cement the mentality monsters mindset in the players. And the more they believe, the more they will achieve.

Arsenal got the full treatment in the cup, now we have to turn it on V Fulham. Not many teams can reach the high motivation levels we reach when we're under pressure. It's a powerful bit of kit. Fulham next up.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #312: Jan 21, 2024 10:59:56 pm
      We look like a team who believes they can win every single game they play.

Even when a bit sluggish on the first half the lads never looked like they were panicking about anything.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #313: Jan 21, 2024 11:19:26 pm

I was referring to the opposotion being pissed off, not our lads 🤷‍♂️

Apologies mate, just the way I read it 🤪

YNWA
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #314: Jan 22, 2024 05:18:12 am
      Positives:
      Nunez and Jota stepped up and can work together.
      Jones and MacAllister did their job well.
      Even though we have so many injuries, VvD and Konate were the backbone of this performance IMO. By being solid, they allowed everyone else to hold on and eventually win. Our defence was good.
      We won and showed we had enough to deal with Salah's absence. We can be much better when Endo, Szobo, Robertson and TAA will be back. I think ManCity will catch up but I also think that with a bit of luck we can win this league.

Negatives: Elliott, there's something missing. I think he's not strong enough and therefore cannot take people one on one. And I think he should be playing as a No.10, but we don't have this position in the team.
      Diaz: I expect more of him. He should be dangerous everytime, but is not. Not direct enough and not close to the goal enough. There's no point creating something from midfield when you're a winger.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #315: Jan 22, 2024 10:19:15 am
      Very decent win scoring 4 goals in the second half, two each for Jota and Nunez, the latter finally rewarded for his hard work and contribution to the team as a whole.

I gave Jota motm who has come back from injury, scoring goals as a natural striker.
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #316: Jan 22, 2024 11:10:57 am
      Very decent win scoring 4 goals in the second half, two each for Jota and Nunez, the latter finally rewarded for his hard work and contribution to the team as a whole.

I gave Jota motm who has come back from injury, scoring goals as a natural striker.

I gave it to Jota as well..but on reflection changed to Macallister. His game was all there last night, knocked it short, spread the play, pressed, long balls. Solid as a rock and the huge bear hug he got from the Boss tells you everything.
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #317: Jan 22, 2024 11:25:42 am
      Boss bear hug rating:

Scale 1.Quick coming together:Did Ok
      Scale 2. Bear hug 3 seconds: Played well
      Scale 3. Bear hug lasting more than 5 seconds: Played a blinder, fantastic.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #318: Jan 22, 2024 11:56:29 am
      Boss bear hug rating:

Scale 1.Quick coming together:Did Ok
      Scale 2. Bear hug 3 seconds: Played well
      Scale 3. Bear hug lasting more than 5 seconds: Played a blinder, fantastic.

Scale 3. Being a HUGe rating by Jürgen.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #319: Jan 22, 2024 02:58:26 pm
      At 45 minutes, three things I never saw coming

A goal
      Nunez scoring twice
      Joa scoring twice

Boom!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #320: Jan 22, 2024 07:43:40 pm
      Just seen the challenge on Diaz again. No idea how that wasn't gave as a red.
      Don77

• 6,543 posts | 1092 
      Reply #321: Jan 22, 2024 07:55:59 pm
      Just seen the challenge on Diaz again. No idea how that wasn't gave as a red.

Paul. Tierney. Corrupt. Everytime he's on one of our games he's having us off. He probably scrutinised all 4 goals to the finest detail to find something

Quick Reply