Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

BREAKING: Jürgen Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of 2023/24 season

Read 15931 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: BREAKING: Jürgen Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of 2023/24 season
      Reply #368: Jan 30, 2024 06:28:48 am
      Lots of sh*te will fly around for ages yet, get used to it, especially from rival fans of all colours and creed, just ignore, the one and only source worth listening to is from the horses mouth, and that won’t be a lot, …..

Mo’s leaving, Virgil’s unsure, Trent in a RM kit, Woy’s on his way back, Big Sam’s chucked his hat into the ring, Gerrard getting the hump(reference to camels there) 😁, Klopp pissed off cos he hasn’t been given enough funds, think Stuey ! Rafa missing Merseyside, unfinished business bollocks, ….ive read that we can’t offer Legendary status to Jürgen cos he’s only won 4 cups in 9 years, 9 in 4 he repeated, you won’t be surprised to learn that was from a Manc, and no, not Keith before some of you apportion blame, ‘ You can’t win anything with kids’ who said that ?

For want of a better phrase suck it up Muther fuckers there’s loads of sh*t to come yet, personally, I think it’s a bit weird how the Terriers have sacked Darren Moore, is that just a coincidence, who knows 🤔

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #369: Jan 30, 2024 08:46:23 am
      Lots of sh*te will fly around for ages yet, get used to it, especially from rival fans of all colours and creed, just ignore, the one and only source worth listening to is from the horses mouth, and that won’t be a lot, …..

Mo’s leaving, Virgil’s unsure, Trent in a RM kit, Woy’s on his way back, Big Sam’s chucked his hat into the ring, Gerrard getting the hump(reference to camels there) 😁, Klopp pissed off cos he hasn’t been given enough funds, think Stuey ! Rafa missing Merseyside, unfinished business bollocks, ….ive read that we can’t offer Legendary status to Jürgen cos he’s only won 4 cups in 9 years, 9 in 4 he repeated, you won’t be surprised to learn that was from a Manc, and no, not Keith before some of you apportion blame, ‘ You can’t win anything with kids’ who said that ?

For want of a better phrase suck it up Muther fuckers there’s loads of sh*t to come yet, personally, I think it’s a bit weird how the Terriers have sacked Darren Moore, is that just a coincidence, who knows 🤔

YNWA

I said this soon as Klopp announced he was leaving, the conspiracy theories will run and run and run and run. I am of the opinion though Salah will leave now simply because it makes sense from all parties. I honestly don’t think any of you lot will say he’s ruined his legendary status either, simple truth he hasn’t.

Better get use to all the stories hitting the tabloids/social media as it’s going to be here for a very long time. If you lot any sense should be like water off a ducks back. However, there’s alaways some of you that take the bait, isn’t that right Billy Buster. 😂😂😂
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #370: Jan 30, 2024 09:31:23 am
      Only thing that matters is winning..all the rest is propaganda.

Least our players don't bugger off to Belfast on a night out then claim they've sick with the bellyache. Nearest thing to a night out in Belfast is the bleedin' bingo..

" ...e..are...I've gorra a line".....'give him the £12.50 Nelly...well done Marcus'..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #371: Jan 30, 2024 09:40:42 am
      Salah and van Dijk will have to be replaced in the coming windows anyway, irrespective of who the manager was.  There is no doubt that we have had both of them at their peak anyway.  I was expecting Salah to leave this window, and definitely in the summer even if Klopp stayed.  We were going to pump £110M on Caicedo last August, so I'm not expecting finances to be an issue in replacing either.  I suspect they both might be the highest earners at the club as well.

I don't think either of them are as central to us winning games as they may have been 3 seasons ago. 

The Matip injury/contract has forced our hand in looking for a centre-back and that would be a priority this summer for whoever was in charge.
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #372: Jan 30, 2024 09:47:31 am
      Salah and van Dijk will have to be replaced in the coming windows anyway, irrespective of who the manager was.  There is no doubt that we have had both of them at their peak anyway.  I was expecting Salah to leave this window, and definitely in the summer even if Klopp stayed.  We were going to pump £110M on Caicedo last August, so I'm not expecting finances to be an issue in replacing either.  I suspect they both might be the highest earners at the club as well.

I don't think either of them are as central to us winning games as they may have been 3 seasons ago. 

The Matip injury/contract has forced our hand in looking for a centre-back and that would be a priority this summer for whoever was in charge.

Salah will still be a force next season and then we'll see, but if the right offer came in end of season. VVD is nowhere near done.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #373: Jan 30, 2024 10:33:00 am
      Salah will still be a force next season and then we'll see, but if the right offer came in end of season. VVD is nowhere near done.

True but JD's point still stands. We need to be thinking about replacing them now anyway.

We wait until they get too old or ask to leave and we're in a worse place.

We've no natural replacement for Salah as it is and that should be a priority this summer along with another CB.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #374: Jan 30, 2024 10:46:30 am
      Until the new boss is in place the club will be in a state of limbo. There will be lots of conjecture as to who's in...who's out...It'll all play out in due course.
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #375: Jan 30, 2024 11:11:31 am
      True but JD's point still stands. We need to be thinking about replacing them now anyway.

We wait until they get too old or ask to leave and we're in a worse place.

We've no natural replacement for Salah as it is and that should be a priority this summer along with another CB.

Yeah the Salah situation needs looking at, even if Biffo stayed on. Mo doesn't do the death or glory runs so much these days. I'd keep him but if we lose him we're not up sh*t creek. VVD has plenty left. Have a well stocked defensive squad with young players making their mark. Keep an eye on it.

I doubt we will get some biblical exodus of players. Never stands still for long. We're a force in the game, European force..World force and we'll get a manager that meets or even exceeds our standards.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #376: Jan 30, 2024 11:21:30 am
      I said this soon as Klopp announced he was leaving, the conspiracy theories will run and run and run and run. I am of the opinion though Salah will leave now simply because it makes sense from all parties. I honestly don’t think any of you lot will say he’s ruined his legendary status either, simple truth he hasn’t.

Better get use to all the stories hitting the tabloids/social media as it’s going to be here for a very long time. If you lot any sense should be like water off a ducks back. However, there’s alaways some of you that take the bait, isn’t that right Billy Buster. 😂😂😂

Explain why Mo or indeed Virgil “ apparently “ leaving is best for all parties? Why would they leave, and what would be best for them, just because the boss is going ??

Both are contracted to Liverpool which has got bugger all to do with whether Klopp is here or not, if and when the time comes to renew contracts then perhaps they would reassess their situation, but that could have more to do with how fit they are, or if they feel that they can fulfill the terms of the new contract, or indeed if they feel they contract is worth signing, terms & conditions, wages etc,

All of the players are contracted to LFC, and not to JNK, the water off our backs theory will only apply for those of us with the thickest of skins, for the rest, they should take a leaf out of the players mentality and focus solely on what happens within, and ignore everything else, including attempts from the wind up merchants to knock us off our f***in perch ??

YNWA
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #377: Jan 30, 2024 11:30:22 am

Keith. Explain to me how Salah going to play infront of 3 men and a dog in a pub league and Liverpool losing their best player makes sense for all party's? I'm confused.

Salah will want a crack at the CL next season ... he's still at the top. That's what we are working for this season.

Jürgen is leaving ... quite why that means all our squad will want to leave one of the biggest 3 clubs in the world and best in this country bar cheaty would be quite the mystery to me.

Surely these players know how good they've got it. The only way is down if they leave this club. There's enough examples of it from recent years if they need reminding.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #378: Jan 30, 2024 12:47:31 pm

Explain why Mo or indeed Virgil “ apparently “ leaving is best for all parties? Why would they leave, and what would be best for them, just because the boss is going ??

Both are contracted to Liverpool which has got bugger all to do with whether Klopp is here or not, if and when the time comes to renew contracts then perhaps they would reassess their situation, but that could have more to do with how fit they are, or if they feel that they can fulfill the terms of the new contract, or indeed if they feel they contract is worth signing, terms & conditions, wages etc,

All of the players are contracted to LFC, and not to JNK, the water off our backs theory will only apply for those of us with the thickest of skins, for the rest, they should take a leaf out of the players mentality and focus solely on what happens within, and ignore everything else, including attempts from the wind up merchants to knock us off our f***in perch ??

YNWA

Keith. Explain to me how Salah going to play infront of 3 men and a dog in a pub league and Liverpool losing their best player makes sense for all party's? I'm confused.

Salah will want a crack at the CL next season ... he's still at the top. That's what we are working for this season.

Jürgen is leaving ... quite why that means all our squad will want to leave one of the biggest 3 clubs in the world and best in this country bar cheaty would be quite the mystery to me.

Surely these players know how good they've got it. The only way is down if they leave this club. There's enough examples of it from recent years if they need reminding.

Virgil? Who mentioned him? Certainly not me, still waiting to see the video clip of his comments that have upset some of you lot.

Salah.
       My comments on him are only an opinion and nothing more. He owes you lads nothing and has been a great ambassador for the club. I just think given his age and the obscene money that you’ll allegedly get for him not only is it a win for the club but surely most of the money obtained will go towards a younger replacement ?

Obviously you lot want him to stay which I can’t blame you. At the end of the day the pros and cons of the deal suggest ( to me ) let the oilys have him. I do believe Salah will end up there anyway, it’s just when.

I also agree Don, who wants to play in a Sunday league? Well enough of you scousers have chosen that option, not because of the standard of play though. We all know it’s money oriented. That’s the sad truth of it all. 🤷‍♂️

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts | 299 
      Reply #379: Jan 30, 2024 09:56:59 pm

I'd be happy to give them both a 1 year extension. They are past their prime but still got plenty to give the team, although maybe not able to start every game.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,029 posts | 533 
      Reply #380: Jan 30, 2024 11:18:12 pm
      I'd be happy to give them both a 1 year extension. They are past their prime but still got plenty to give the team, although maybe not able to start every game.

Longer extensions than that mate. Both are fit as hell and hardly miss a game. Virgil will be a top defender for another 5 years, injuries permitting. Classy CBs can go on a long time (Thiago Silva, Baresi, Maldini etc, Virgil is in that class).

Harder to say with Mo cos relies more on pace, but will be top for another 3 at least, probably more. (But if a megabucks offer comes in this summer then might be the right time to invest that in a replacement. If Mo wants to stay though, I'd be more than happy. Long as he signs an extension and doesn't run down his contract.)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #381: Jan 30, 2024 11:26:47 pm
      Hahaha - don’t Bogart that joint Jürgen pass it over to me.

Pass the Dutchie to the left hand side.
      rossyred

• 9,294 posts | 1664 
      Reply #382: Jan 31, 2024 12:03:42 am
      So reports we have gone back for Edwards as soon as Klopp says leaving
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      Reply #383: Jan 31, 2024 12:35:33 am
      Hey Keith. am sure you are in here somewhere.

Wanted to ask you, what your reaction was when Fergie decided time was up?

What did you feel? How long does it hurt? I can't remember, did Alex set up the future for you guys before he left like Jürgen has? Not being a smartarse, just wanted to know if it was as gut wrenching as this feels and if he did set it up for the future, how long before it turned to sh*t?

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 735 
      Reply #384: Jan 31, 2024 02:17:20 am
      Salah and van Dijk will have to be replaced in the coming windows anyway, irrespective of who the manager was.  There is no doubt that we have had both of them at their peak anyway.  I was expecting Salah to leave this window, and definitely in the summer even if Klopp stayed.

How is this a fact tho? The goal posts keep moving with these predictions from people about Salah and Virgil. Every summer people predict that he's leaving and he still here. Now people are taking virgil out of context to say he wont sign a new contract

https://streamable.com/kfabpp

What if we as fans, didnt get influenced or participate in the hysteria the media tries to generate for clicks and views?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      Reply #385: Jan 31, 2024 03:31:52 am
      Salah and VVD ain't going nowhere.

WTF u drinking over there mate?  :lmao:
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts | 299 
      Reply #386: Jan 31, 2024 07:42:06 am
      did Alex set up the future for you guys before he left like Jürgen has? Not being a smartarse, just wanted to know if it was as gut wrenching as this feels and if he did set it up for the future, how long before it turned to sh*t?

My memory is that the United squad had been getting worse for the last few years of Ferguson's management. That was due to the Glazers taking all the money rather than Fergie's incompetence. The old sh*t kept them competitive because he was a brilliant football manager..

Moyes inherited a team that needed lots of talented new players, he got Fellaini and it all went downhill from there.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #387: Jan 31, 2024 07:49:32 am
      How is this a fact tho? The goal posts keep moving with these predictions from people about Salah and Virgil. Every summer people predict that he's leaving and he still here. Now people are taking virgil out of context to say he wont sign a new contract

https://streamable.com/kfabpp

What if we as fans, didnt get influenced or participate in the hysteria the media tries to generate for clicks and views?

How long are you expecting Salah and VVD to be at the club, until they are 40 maybe 50?

As Paisley once said let players legs go on someone else’s pitch.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #388: Jan 31, 2024 10:13:50 am
      Hey Keith. am sure you are in here somewhere.

Wanted to ask you, what your reaction was when Fergie decided time was up?

What did you feel? How long does it hurt? I can't remember, did Alex set up the future for you guys before he left like Jürgen has? Not being a smartarse, just wanted to know if it was as gut wrenching as this feels and if he did set it up for the future, how long before it turned to sh*t?

It’s well documented on here my feelings about Jürgen  Ian. Like you I love the guy apart from him managing your club rather than United. Not that it was ever really an option but that’s another story.

When Fergie left it was like somebody stealing my heart, devastated was an understatement. I’ll always remember the date, it’s fixed in my head May 8th over 10 years ago. I honestly believe you don’t get over it, maybe if someone came along like Pep or Klopp I might of thought differently. Obviously United have never been the same since.

I was 26 years young when he took over so it’s safe to say I’ve had the best time ever as a United fan under his reign. What he brought to United and us fans is no different (( IMHO )) than the great Shanks-Paisley and now Klopp at your place.  When we won the league for the first time under Fergie I honestly new United were back in the big time, not a term I use often but I just knew in my heart we were the real deal/top draw again.

I was a season ticket holder back then so went to most home matches and some away games. The feeling you get at weekends knowing you were extremely confident of a win made us the force we were at OT and many away games too. I was never a big drinker but did celebrate often, it was hard not to given we’d been dormant as a club for over 20 years. Life was at its best in my 20s/30s and it’s all down to Fergie.

Every time we won I used to think what Fergie did to get the players playing at their best week in week out. His Fergie time goals use to annoy every club in the league, non more than you lot. 😂 Obviously the greatest memory of them all was doing the treble in 1999. Once again I knew and still think of those days where I was watching what was then the best domestic team in the world.

So yeah Ian it hurt, and hurt a lot to the extend that as a fan it put you in depression mode and hard to shift. Has the depression gone as a fan you may ask? Not really mate, 10 years and counting. Watching City and you lot doing so well ( since Klopp took over ) hurt, hurt real bad. There’s no hiding places either, not now with social media being what it is.

Being a member on here for over a decade now I’ve made some good friends now that I even call mates. You being one of them when I meet you a few years ago, such a bubbly character and basically a fun guy to have around you, your company is a breath of fresh air. That’s why I feel for you and others on here the heartache of learning Klopp was leaving. I instantly thought of Fergie when he retired.

That in its self is a testament to how good I think Klopp was when I compared him with Fergie. I honestly believe had he stayed you were winning a lot more trophies/cups. Klopp could do what Fergie did, gets the best out of players and improves them, Klopp had a bit more finesse how he went about it though where Fergie was brutal in the dressing room.

It’s going to be one very very sad day his last game at Anfield, I’ll be glued to the telly for all the right reasons as I genuinely love this guy I really do. I’m pretty sure I’ll even shed a tear so god knows what you lot will be like. Make sure you have plenty of hankies Ian as I can 100% say you’ll need them.

It will hit you and many Liverpool fans really bad, I know this because I follow your club like I do my own so know how you breath/sh*te/fart/ passion you have for your club. You can’t really even prepare yourself, seeing Klopp do his fist pumps for the very last time. His interviews are very special, I just don’t see a bad bone in his body.

I was looking yesterday at some of his stats. Many pundits stating/arguing/debating because he’s only won one league and 6 major trophies how can you compare him with the best? Well it’s about opinions. Mine is he was one of the best managers I’ve ever seen since I started watching football nearly 60 years ago.

Going back to some of his stats I read the follow.
      He has the highest win rate ever for Liverpool football club which obviously means he passes the great Shanks/Paisley records.

Average two goals a game since he took over.
      Scored more 90+min goals than any other club.
      Won more games from losing positions than anyone else.
      Had the two longest winning streak (18) in the league.
      The first Liverpool manager to reach CL-FA Cup- League Cup finals in the same year.
      Had the 3rd highest % rate (60%) in the league. Only Fergie & Pep above him.

Yep!! I can safely say when I talk about the great managers in English football he’s in my top 6.

In no particular order.
      Klopp.
      Fergie.
      Shanks.
      Paisley.
      Busby.
      Pep.

Ps. Remember!!  I QUOTE! Make sure you have a bag of tissues for his last game.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #389: Jan 31, 2024 11:08:33 am
      Yep!! I can safely say when I talk about the great managers in English football he’s in my top 6.

In no particular order.
      Klopp.
      Fergie.
      Shanks.
      Paisley.
      Busby.
      Pep.

Ps. Remember!!  I QUOTE! Make sure you have a bag of tissues for his last game.

I'd have Kenny and Wenger in that list before Pep.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #390: Jan 31, 2024 11:15:26 am
      I'd have Kenny and Wenger in that list before Pep.
      I'd have Rooney and Lampard before Pep :D

Quick Reply