Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Managerial Shortlist

Read 65997 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #414: Feb 14, 2024 04:04:43 pm
      DoF's at City and Newcastle.....you know, the "best in class".

This idiot said he's take Hojlund over Nunez.

Hojlund looks quality to me. Knows where the goal is. Both players have alot to prove.

As for the dof ... I guess they will both be used to working with money eh if from Newcastle and Cheaty so they'll be right at home at united. They will spend bucketloads this summer. Can see them going north of 200m
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #415: Feb 14, 2024 05:27:12 pm
      Hojlund looks quality to me. Knows where the goal is. Both players have alot to prove.

As for the dof ... I guess they will both be used to working with money eh if from Newcastle and Cheaty so they'll be right at home at united. They will spend bucketloads this summer. Can see them going north of 200m

And south of sixth position.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 848 posts | 303 
      Reply #416: Feb 14, 2024 05:40:05 pm

I don't  think they can spend £200m, even if they do quality for Champions league. I think that they have FFP issues.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #417: Feb 14, 2024 07:27:51 pm

Some bullshit getting banded about these two.

Best in class and bought Joey Linton

Alright yeah!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #418: Feb 14, 2024 08:16:18 pm

Alright yeah!!

They are trying to claim he got Bruno in which was false
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,625 posts | 760 
      Reply #419: Feb 14, 2024 09:14:10 pm

Alright yeah!!

Summer 2023, these same people were freaking out about our lack of investment in the transfer market. Told us Levi Colwill was the only replacement for Virgil, and the world was ending because Caicedo went to Chelsea.

Please take these idiots with a huge grain of salt.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #420: Feb 15, 2024 12:50:19 am
      It's a done deal  :lmao:

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #421: Feb 15, 2024 02:40:01 am
      Good enough for me. Just pulled my 14 Alonso kit from the closet.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #422: Feb 15, 2024 11:38:08 am

Character bottom right of picture. He's in Disney Land !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #423: Feb 15, 2024 06:29:24 pm
      Hodgson's free after getting sacked by Palace ;)

Cheeky arl c**t even threw a sickie in and didn't turn up for work :laugh:
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #424: Feb 15, 2024 07:39:54 pm
      Hodgson's free after getting sacked by Palace ;)

Cheeky arl c**t even threw a sickie in and didn't turn up for work :laugh:

Fella is in hospital mate. He didn't do great here. But whatever the case , whether he's next to be sacked, i hope he's OK. I wouldn't really laugh at anyone in that situation to be honest.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #425: Feb 15, 2024 07:47:30 pm
      Fella is in hospital mate. He didn't do great here. But whatever the case , whether he's next to be sacked, i hope he's OK. I wouldn't really laugh at anyone in that situation to be honest.

Liar I bet you wished death upon him in 2010 :laugh:

Old rich man in sick shocker. Soz there's far more pensioners in a worse position than that arl c**t.

Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #426: Feb 15, 2024 08:23:14 pm
      Liar I bet you wished death upon him in 2010 :laugh:

Old rich man in sick shocker. Soz there's far more pensioners in a worse position than that arl c**t.

Nahhh ... I just wished him sacked.

Well ... we don't know what's wrong with him do we. But financially ... yeah plenty worse off including my dad whos 75.

Whatever, as I said the fella is in hospital for reasons we don't know. If you want to make a joke out of a 76 year old ex liverpool manager who's in hospital ... you carry on lad. And the bells who plus those posts up ... carry on too. Pretty sad I reakon.
      +12
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 838 posts | 142 
      Reply #427: Feb 15, 2024 10:04:21 pm
      Looks like old Roy was only horsing around...
      He's in a stable condition.....  :hug:
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 838 posts | 142 
      Reply #428: Feb 16, 2024 07:21:16 pm
      Roy Hodgson is expected to step down as manager of Crystal Palace after his recent health scare.....

The Palace board have moved swiftly to replace the 76 year old veteran with young Spanish manager Xabi Alonso from Bayer Leverkusen.....
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 838 posts | 142 
      Reply #429: Feb 17, 2024 09:22:18 am
      Words from the Boss -

“Xabi is doing an incredible job,” Klopp said. “If there would not be the rumours around, that’s *completely independent. If you would have asked me eight weeks ago about Xabi Alonso I would have gone: ‘Oh my God.’ The dinosaurs if you want – Ancelotti, Mourinho, Guardiola, maybe me – we will not do it for the next 20 years. OK, maybe Mourinho will. The next generation is already there and I would say Xabi is standout in that department.”

“Former world-class player, from a coaching family as well which helps a little, he was like a coach already when he was playing. The football he is playing, the teams he sets up, the transfers he did, it is absolutely exceptional. I played a long time in the Bundesliga and it is super impressive. Not only the points tally but the way they play. Leverkusen was clearly the better side in the first game against Bayern and that is rare. To be honest when we beat Bayern at Dortmund it was a bit of very well defended, counterattack and taking the momentum. Especially at the beginning. But Leverkusen were better. That was probably the real surprise given the short time he was there and it’s a young team. He has super signings for this team, exactly what they needed, and that’s really a very special job.“

“Leverkusen has a very good chance to win the cup. When you look through the Europa League, Leverkusen is one of the favourites there as well so it could be the season for Leverkusen. Really crazy.”

“How quick his team is that well tuned,” he said. “For the time it’s taken, he’s put his proper stamp on it. Nobody knows if that is always the way he wants to play or if it’s the way this team specifically plays, he is not long enough in the business to tell, but obviously the coaching part is exceptional. That is clear.”

- That is one Hell of an endorsement from our Manager
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #430: Feb 17, 2024 10:58:50 am
      Lovely endorsement from Klopp. You know Xabi will love that.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #431: Feb 19, 2024 12:29:48 pm
      From the BBC's gossip thingy:

Liverpool are hoping to lure Bayer Leverkusen manager Xabi Alonso and sporting director Simon Rolfes to replace the outgoing Jürgen Klopp and Jorg Schmadtke this summer. (Football Insider)

This would make the football nerd in me so, so happy - I bloody loved Simon Rolfes as a player. I thought he was absolutely brilliant but never became a big name outside of Germany (it didn't help that he never left Leverkusen) - he should've played for Germany in a few big tournaments but was always so unlucky with injuries.

He now also comes across really well as a sporting director.

Maybe just a silly rumour but it has rekindled my love for Simon Rolfes, the defensive midfielder :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7RFTJF8GHI
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #432: Feb 19, 2024 06:39:50 pm

Liverpool are hoping to lure Bayer Leverkusen manager Xabi Alonso and sporting director Simon Rolfes to replace the outgoing Jürgen Klopp and Jorg Schmadtke this summer. (Football Insider)

This would make the football nerd in me so, so happy - I bloody loved Simon Rolfes as a player. I thought he was absolutely brilliant but never became a big name outside of Germany (it didn't help that he never left Leverkusen) - he should've played for Germany in a few big tournaments but was always so unlucky with injuries.

Maybe just a silly rumour but it has rekindled my love for Simon Rolfes, the defensive midfielder :D

Getting them both seems like a really sensible move.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #433: Feb 19, 2024 06:58:30 pm
      Getting them both seems like a really sensible move.

Seen a lot of talk about the West Ham guy as well

Didn’t expect Rolfes as well because he does have very strong ties to Bayer
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,108 posts | 2129 
      Reply #434: Feb 20, 2024 11:09:02 am

If Alonso and his entourage is getting Diego excited then that's all that matters. Diego knows his onions! (Great to see you posting on here regularly again btw)
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #435: Feb 21, 2024 10:46:48 am
      Tuchel  leaving in summer let the merry-go-round begin need to move quickly if we want Xabi be amazed if Bayern don't go all in for him
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,135 posts | 222 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #436: Feb 21, 2024 11:09:08 am
      Way I see it is we have an important season to finish and we wont want anything to come in the way between this.

We can appoint a SD then a manager when our season is over, that part is a matter of days if we already have a few guys lined up.

Quick Reply