Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Managerial Shortlist

Read 54611 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,775 posts | 6724 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #621: Mar 14, 2024 04:12:39 am

I'd never besmirch Iron Bru ...me Scottish mate down here drinks that every now and again.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #622: Mar 14, 2024 08:00:02 am
      I'd never besmirch Iron Bru ...me Scottish mate down here drinks that every now and again.

ā€œItā€™s yer other National drinkā€ as we say in Scotland, made from Girders no less, best served ice cold (Vodka) optional and with a hangover, roll n square slice with broon, on the side, ask yer mate, heā€™ll know??

YNWA
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #623: Mar 20, 2024 02:57:07 pm
      Interesting comment here -

Bayern director Max Eberl - ā€œMaybe in the end our best decision would be to hire a coach who hasn't been rumoured in the mediaā€¦ā€

ā€œYes, there names on the list that haven't been rumoured in the mediaā€, Eberl told BILD.

- now, I am saying this as clear as day that I am massively speculating and almost certainly reading too much into a throw-away comment, but that has a hint of "Alonso turned us down" about it to me - though that of course could be utter nonsense.....

#100%Alonso
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #624: Mar 20, 2024 06:00:39 pm

Bayern director Max Eberl - ā€œMaybe in the end our best decision would be to hire a coach who hasn't been rumoured in the mediaā€¦ā€

ā€œYes, there names on the list that haven't been rumoured in the mediaā€, Eberl told BILD.

- now, I am saying this as clear as day that I am massively speculating and almost certainly reading too much into a throw-away comment, but that has a hint of "Alonso turned us down" about it to me - though that of course could be utter nonsense.....

#100%Alonso

Hansi Flick back to Bayern
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #625: Mar 21, 2024 11:57:42 am

#100%Alonso

I think itā€™s been written in the stars since JĆ¼rgen told FSG of his intentions, after being asked why, and possibly offered a sabbatical, JĆ¼rgen may have offered his opinion on who was best suited to take over ?

He has mentioned previously that Xabi is one of the most promising of young coaches and indeed his style mirrors closest to that of JĆ¼rgenā€™s, fast forward three months and the return of Micheal Edwards and subsequently Richard Hughes who just happens to have the same agent as Xabi,

now the mathematicianā€™s amongst us will be studying their abacusā€™s as we type without the need of any Scientistā€™s Rocket or otherwise and come with the obvious candidate and in my opinion the only sensible choice ??

Iā€™d be shocked if it werenā€™t Xabi, I might be guilty of overlooking and possibly being blinded by my singleminded opinion, who else fits the bill, who else is better suited, I cannot think of anyone else who ticks the boxes as Xabi Alonso does !!

YNWA
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #626: Mar 21, 2024 06:29:16 pm
      I've heard Bayern are mouthing off again? Trying to sound like the biggest man in the room? Hopefully this indiscreet approach to PR works against them and we get our man in the understated professional way Xabi I'm sure is more familiar with.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #627: Mar 22, 2024 01:21:13 pm
      I've heard Bayern are mouthing off again? Trying to sound like the biggest man in the room? Hopefully this indiscreet approach to PR works against them and we get our man in the understated professional way Xabi I'm sure is more familiar with.

Talking of indiscreet, I wonder how ex-Liverpool players will mention during the Legends match what a tremendous appointment Alonso would be 😎

I see Kuyt has already started in today's Echo
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #628: Mar 22, 2024 07:24:35 pm
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #629: Mar 22, 2024 07:29:18 pm
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #630: Mar 22, 2024 07:43:03 pm
      Such Class from the Club to honour him in this manner. Hope he enjoy's every minute.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #631: Mar 22, 2024 09:27:19 pm
      https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1771283844395618723

Always had a soft spot for Sven and this just confirms it.

Echo the comments above - wonderful that the club have sorted this out for him.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #632: Mar 23, 2024 08:49:47 am
      I'll be there with my dad today. Made up for Sven. Looking forward to seeing Torres again i have to say.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #633: Mar 23, 2024 02:56:49 pm
      I'll be there with my dad today. Made up for Sven. Looking forward to seeing Torres again i have to say.

Haha does he still look like the Ultimate Warrior?
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 815 posts | 134 
      Reply #634: Mar 24, 2024 12:08:52 pm

Iā€™d be shocked if it werenā€™t Xabi, I might be guilty of overlooking and possibly being blinded by my singleminded opinion, who else fits the bill, who else is better suited, I cannot think of anyone else who ticks the boxes as Xabi Alonso does !!

YNWA
      I really hope you ARE blinded by your single minded opinion Billy which isn't so single minded cos I also can't think of anyone else I'd rather have (other than JĆ¼rgen!)
      De Zerbi still being touted and to be completely honest I don't want him - never mind the fact his team are sitting below the awful ManUre,  he simply wouldn't get it (or us).
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #635: Mar 24, 2024 01:14:38 pm
      I really hope you ARE blinded by your single minded opinion Billy which isn't so single minded cos I also can't think of anyone else I'd rather have (other than JĆ¼rgen!)
      De Zerbi still being touted and to be completely honest I don't want him - never mind the fact his team are sitting below the awful ManUre,  he simply wouldn't get it (or us).

Do not rule out Amorim
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 815 posts | 134 
      Reply #636: Mar 24, 2024 01:26:53 pm

If not Xabi then suppose he'd be the next best thing! A far better option than De Zerbi - I am not saying he hasn't done a good job at Brighton cos he's been OK but one cup semi final and one year in the Europa with an average win rate of just 46% whilst he's been at Brighton doesn't fill me with confidence one bit!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #637: Mar 24, 2024 01:27:17 pm

Is he the FSG "cheap" option if we don't get Xabi?

I did hear one rumour yesterday - Spalleti on a two year deal.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #638: Mar 24, 2024 02:07:22 pm

[/qu
      Be a 20m upfront fee to Start with
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #639: Mar 24, 2024 04:07:20 pm

Canā€™t see FSG offering only a two year deal, they canā€™t have too much faith if in the fella if thatā€™s all the time their prepared to give him, unless their sights are on someone else, and see Spaletti as a stop gap, they may as well go for Amorim and see how he fares,
      All pie in the sky mate of course but, I just canā€™t see anyone else who fits better than Xabi,

I canā€™t be the only one whose instinct immediately points to Xabi, so itā€™s not only blind faith or hope, or is it ??

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #640: Mar 24, 2024 04:23:39 pm

Canā€™t see FSG offering only a two year deal, they canā€™t have too much faith if in the fella if thatā€™s all the time their prepared to give him, unless their sights are on someone else, and see Spaletti as a stop gap, they may as well go for Amorim and see how he fares,
      All pie in the sky mate of course but, I just canā€™t see anyone else who fits better than Xabi,

I canā€™t be the only one whose instinct immediately points to Xabi, so itā€™s not only blind faith or hope, or is it ??

YNWA

Makes perfect sense to me. 😉 if true? That gives Klopp the rest bite he needs then back in the mix donā€™t you think?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #641: Mar 24, 2024 04:59:48 pm
      Makes perfect sense to me. 😉 if true? That gives Klopp the rest bite he needs then back in the mix donā€™t you think?

Although we canā€™t 100% rule that out, weā€™re the kind of club that will say, ā€˜That Ship has sailedā€™ there are exceptions of course but I think JĆ¼rgen will probably retire once he has tasted the freedom of a stress free existence, in short, heā€™s unlikely to return to a environment that brings a lot of unnecessary stress, heā€™ll be two years older and I doubt heā€™d be the same or indeed offer the same commitment he has shown since 2015,

Iā€™d like to think that Xabi Alonso will be two years into his five year deal heā€™s about to sign and will be on the periphery of his second League title as manager !! 🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🖕

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #642: Mar 24, 2024 05:03:14 pm

Although we canā€™t 100% rule that out, weā€™re the kind of club that will say, ā€˜That Ship has sailedā€™ there are exceptions of course but I think JĆ¼rgen will probably retire once he has tasted the freedom of a stress free existence, in short, heā€™s unlikely to return to a environment that brings a lot of unnecessary stress, heā€™ll be two years older and I doubt heā€™d be the same or indeed   offer the same commitment he has shown since 2015,

Iā€™d like to think that Xabi Alonso will be two years into his five year deal heā€™s about to sign and will be on the periphery of his second League title as manager !! 🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🖕

YNWA

If Fergie can managed into his 70s canā€™t Klopp.      :f_whistle:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #643: Mar 24, 2024 05:28:36 pm
      If Fergie can managed into his 70s canā€™t Klopp.      :f_whistle:

Not a chance, Fergie was losing his marbles mate, look who he recommended took over, old f***in bog eyed Moyes himself , all heā€™d ever won was a packet monster munch & a kitkat in a raffle at the Toffees Xmas party,

fast forward 11 years where weā€™re looking to continue our rise by bringing in a manager of similar style to JĆ¼rgen, and not leave like Fergie did, not exactly in a good position, and still havenā€™t recovered 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣,

Chalk N cheese to be honest!!

YNWA

Quick Reply