Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Managerial Shortlist

Read 54761 times
      PTU and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #644: Mar 24, 2024 05:46:58 pm

Not a chance, Fergie was losing his marbles mate, look who he recommended took over, old f***in bog eyed Moyes himself , all he’d ever won was a packet monster munch & a kitkat in a raffle at the Toffees Xmas party,

fast forward 11 years where we’re looking to continue our rise by bringing in a manager of similar style to Jürgen, and not leave like Fergie did, not exactly in a good position, and still haven’t recovered 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣,

Chalk N cheese to be honest!!

YNWA

What not a chance Klopp will come back? QUOTE! He’s coming back. 

He won the holy grail in his last year so couldn’t have lost that much. 😉

Klopp is only 56 years young  you saying he’s lost his marbles already then and that’s why he’s retired?

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #645: Mar 25, 2024 09:05:45 pm
      What not a chance Klopp will come back? QUOTE! He’s coming back. 

He won the holy grail in his last year so couldn’t have lost that much. 😉

Klopp is only 56 years young  you saying he’s lost his marbles already then and that’s why he’s retired?

No you f***in wankstain, you well know the reason he’s going, and No, he won’t be back either, irrespective of what you think or believe, and I doubt he’ll want to manage another club either, not ruling it out, just can’t see him at another club, definitely not in these shores, in his homeland possible but he won’t go back to Mainz, not big enough, nor will he return to BvB, and can’t see him at BM either, German National side, perhaps, but he’s hands on and I don’t think international football is his thing,

I just think he’ll want more time with his kin, he’s a grandpappy now and I think he’ll spend a lot of time managing them !!

Shitty nappies rather than Shitty Journo’s!!!

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #646: Mar 25, 2024 09:23:10 pm

No you f***in wankstain, you well know the reason he’s going, and No, he won’t be back either, irrespective of what you think or believe, and I doubt he’ll want to manage another club either, not ruling it out, just can’t see him at another club, definitely not in these shores, in his homeland possible but he won’t go back to Mainz, not big enough, nor will he return to BvB, and can’t see him at BM either, German National side, perhaps, but he’s hands on and I don’t think international football is his thing,

I just think he’ll want more time with his kin, he’s a grandpappy now and I think he’ll spend a lot of time managing them !!

Shitty nappies rather than Shitty Journo’s!!!

YNWA

I’ve proved you wrong many of time now so this won’t be any different   :lmao: He’s coming back. 😉
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Reply #647: Mar 25, 2024 11:23:06 pm
      Given this a lot of thought.

If not Xabi Alonso, if he decides to on Bayern or Real, what about Virgil Van Dyke.

Virgil Van Dyke, he could keep the Klopp continuity. How many team talks has he had from Klopp, they've been in it together.

I think he has the stature. Player Manager with a good backroom staff.

Keep it in the family like we always used to.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #648: Mar 26, 2024 01:41:00 am
      Alonso isn’t going to either of those clubs.

Bayern is a no go, Ancelotti got a new contract. He’s coming to us.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #649: Mar 26, 2024 01:58:43 am
      I’ve proved you wrong many of time now so this won’t be any different   :lmao: He’s coming back. 😉

Really, you’ll be telling us next Lord f***in Lucan will be coming with him !! 🤣

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #650: Mar 26, 2024 02:57:38 am

Really, you’ll be telling us next Lord f***in Lucan will be coming with him !! 🤣

YNWA

Funny you should say that.  :lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #651: Mar 26, 2024 08:56:58 am
      Alonso isn’t going to either of those clubs.

Bayern is a no go, Ancelotti got a new contract. He’s coming to us.

Manager contracts mean very little at Real.

If they get smashed by City again in the CL he'll be under a lot of pressure.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #652: Mar 26, 2024 09:28:02 am

If not Xabi Alonso, if he decides to on Bayern or Real, what about Virgil Van Dyke.

Virgil Van Dyke, he could keep the Klopp continuity. How many team talks has he had from Klopp, they've been in it together.

I would seriously revisit that first sentence
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #653: Mar 26, 2024 09:29:08 am
      I would seriously revisit that first sentence

🤣🤣🤣
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #654: Mar 26, 2024 10:26:44 am
      Manager contracts mean very little at Real.

If they get smashed by City again in the CL he'll be under a lot of pressure.

This.

Madrid managers are under pressure of the sack if losing at half time.

Im not changing my mind on this ... i dont want us looking over our shoulder everytine they are losing at half time, the natives are restless and the hankies are out.

I hope he does another year where he is. Then gets the madrid job and when , not if, they look for the next new toy after 12 months or 2 years, that job will be out of his system.

Jürgen never entertained madrid ... it wont be so easy for Xabi to turn them down.

Just my opinion.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #655: Mar 26, 2024 10:39:02 am

F**k sake.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #656: Mar 26, 2024 11:09:31 am

I think it might be fair to say you're lengthy mental deliberations on this subject might have been in vain. Either you've not given it enough thought...or as suggested, you've given it so much thought, you've become confused and consequently are suffering a mild delirium.
      Or....I suspect, it was an early April fool post.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #657: Mar 26, 2024 12:05:52 pm

The rest of your post might suggest otherwise  ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #658: Mar 26, 2024 12:44:15 pm

Drugs aren’t good for you
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #659: Mar 26, 2024 01:06:05 pm
      The German media seem quite buoyant on alonso staying in Germany next season don’t they. Hopefully this is simply them trying to flex their muscles a little bit given Munichs influence on the press there. I guess the one thing they might really swing it is his family ie. Where are the kids at in terms of ages and schools, how much does his wife like Germany etc. it’s obviously been a long while since he was at Lfc. I’ll be gutted if we can’t get him, I really don’t know a thing about the CB Portuguese coach. Bagels man could be an interesting option but really, I only want Xabi. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #660: Mar 26, 2024 01:46:53 pm

Crikey. This is a hall of fame post right here.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #661: Mar 26, 2024 05:17:31 pm
      David Thompson throwing Inzaghi's name into the hat on insta.

I know a couple on here have suggested him as well.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #662: Mar 26, 2024 06:49:17 pm
      The German media seem quite buoyant on alonso staying in Germany next season don’t they. Hopefully this is simply them trying to flex their muscles a little bit given Munichs influence on the press there. I guess the one thing they might really swing it is his family ie. Where are the kids at in terms of ages and schools, how much does his wife like Germany etc. it’s obviously been a long while since he was at Lfc. I’ll be gutted if we can’t get him, I really don’t know a thing about the CB Portuguese coach. Bagels man could be an interesting option but really, I only want Xabi. 

Yep, same here. Bagels man would indeed be an interesting one but nobody ticks as many boxes as Xabi. Stats, performances, the context of his achievement, his team's style of play, his style of management, age, ambition, and just as crucial an historic enduring connection to LFC during our revival under Rafa.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #663: Mar 26, 2024 08:04:11 pm
      David Thompson throwing Inzaghi's name into the hat on insta.

I know a couple on here have suggested him as well.

Is he back from Gibraltar?

Considering he's not even done any coaching work, I'd say someone's on a massive wind up with that one!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #664: Mar 26, 2024 08:06:18 pm

Most media seem seem to be covering all bases. So far this week I've read deal already done with us, staying with Bayer for further 1/2 years and has supposedly chosen to join Bayern too.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #665: Mar 26, 2024 10:12:11 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #666: Mar 26, 2024 11:27:13 pm
      Yep, same here. Bagels man would indeed be an interesting one but nobody ticks as many boxes as Xabi. Stats, performances, the context of his achievement, his team's style of play, his style of management, age, ambition, and just as crucial an historic enduring connection to LFC during our revival under Rafa.

I heard that Nagelsmann's a bit of a scumbag. Ditched his wife and hooked up with a journalist where he started leaking personal stories and gossip from the Bayern dressing room to his partner. Also skateboards into work. So...a bit of a w**ker.

Quick Reply