Trending Topics

Managerial Shortlist

Read 75871 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,234 posts | 1655 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #851: Mar 31, 2024 08:26:30 am

You've been told how incompetent he was and still is, multiple times down the years. I stand by everything said.

Hodgson was a short term error of judgement, corrected after half a season, you still haven't got over it. I had to put up with Benitez winning sfa for 4 years, and forcefed the fairytale that I should be grateful for just Istanbul and Cardiff. We're challenging for trebles and quadruples nowadays. Puts 2 trophies won in 6 years into perspective.

If I was bowling to you on the issue (or VAR), there wouldn't be a stump left standing. So rather than engage in debate, you throw mud instead. First it was G&H, then it was Howard Webb, now it's Donald Trump. All a big load of crap.

Plan A failed. Who else is willing to take it?

Anyone?

Proven liar
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,399 posts | 3541 
      Reply #852: Mar 31, 2024 11:34:44 am
      We all make mistakes. I love him so much, he could genuinely do a good job.

Is it based on anything apart from the fact it’s Gerrard
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #853: Mar 31, 2024 11:40:36 am

You've been told how incompetent he was and still is, multiple times down the years. I stand by everything said.

Hodgson was a short term error of judgement, corrected after half a season, you still haven't got over it. I had to put up with Benitez winning sfa for 4 years, and forcefed the fairytale that I should be grateful for just Istanbul and Cardiff. We're challenging for trebles and quadruples nowadays. Puts 2 trophies won in 6 years into perspective.

If I was bowling to you on the issue (or VAR), there wouldn't be a stump left standing. So rather than engage in debate, you throw mud instead. First it was G&H, then it was Howard Webb, now it's Donald Trump. All a big load of crap.

Hahahahahahaha it's not April the 1st until Monday big fella :lmao:

Again as Red Willy says

Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #854: Mar 31, 2024 11:56:05 am
      Gerrard is a relatively young coach, but did we see fresh ideas, any real innovation. Tactical nous. Did he show anything new at Villa. Or did he just rehash some of the stuff he picked up on throughout his playing time. Other thing is and not picking on him but ex great players do live on their name to a degree.

Rangers didn't provide answers. Knew he would have to prove himself at the 'coal face'. Found wanting and was eventually sacked. Shown the door at Villa puts him down with other ex greats who tried and failed.

Saudi wouldn't take any of that into consideration. They took him on his name. But what next for Gerrard, if he comes back and seriously wants the Liverpool job, somewhere down the line he would have to grind it out at the lower end of the Prem or a up and coming Championship job.

But the choice was his...prove he has what it takes in the top leagues or cash in on his name. That's the stark truth of it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,024 posts | 5058 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #855: Mar 31, 2024 01:43:26 pm
      I would genuinely be happy to get Gerrard in. There I said it!

Must have been yer arse talking mate, Gerrard is a million miles away from what we will need, Manager, mate he’s not even a decent coach, brilliant, fantastic, superb, one of our best ever players, but he’s not a manager, nor a coach, he’s trying I’ll give him that but absolutely no way does he or should ever be considered!!!

I think it’s interesting Edwards is back in the fold, if anyone can convince those who are pivotal to us moving forward it’s him,
      Ideally Jürgen’s replacement is already here, and he’s in the perfect situation to continue the project currently ongoing, he just needs convincing he’s what the club want….i am talking about our Pep of course, Pep Ljinders, it’s said he’s seeking pastures new, and I think we were ok with that until Xabi decided to stay put, he was of course the perfect fella to come in, but what is our plan ‘b’ ?

I can’t imagine that FSG had only Xabi Alonso on their bucket list of candidates, like many of us on these boards had, so who was their No2, 3 or even 4, i don’t imagine it would still be a question after No2, but who is that ?

Amorim, RdZ, Nagelsman etc possibly but so should Pep Ljinders, shouldn’t he be No2 ? Surely now more than at anytime he has to be offered the position, this where Edwards should come in, he knows how important it is to keep momentum, it just makes total sense to me…..

….offer him a 4year deal on whatever Jürgen was on, with the proviso it will be improved and extended if it all goes to plan, it allows him time to stamp his own authority and give us continuation, and breathing space, if FSG show they trust Pep it’s a good chance he could say yes, I’d rather we have him than a unknown coming in which is always a gamble anyway !!!

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 2186 
      Reply #856: Mar 31, 2024 08:07:47 pm
      Nothing from De Zerbi suggests he is deserving of this job. Pathetic display by Brighton today that didn't win any admirers. Walked into a club and squad ready made by Potter. F**k him.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 549 
      Reply #857: Mar 31, 2024 10:09:04 pm
      De Zerbi getting a lot of praise from Klopp after the game. Don't know if that's Jürgen dropping any hints as to his preferred successor.

Knowing Jürgen he would probably big up all our candidates just to help whoever is appointed get the fans behind them.
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #858: Apr 01, 2024 10:57:39 am
      De Zerbi getting a lot of praise from Klopp after the game. Don't know if that's Jürgen dropping any hints as to his preferred successor.

Knowing Jürgen he would probably big up all our candidates just to help whoever is appointed get the fans behind them.

Not sure he should be singing the praises at this point. I mean I doubt he was in any way endorsing yer man De Z. But still while the issue is in the melting pot may be better to say nowt. But he might've said that even if he was staying so the Boss is the Boss.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts | 50 
      Reply #859: Apr 01, 2024 11:16:15 am
      Nothing from De Zerbi suggests he is deserving of this job. Pathetic display by Brighton today that didn't win any admirers. Walked into a club and squad ready made by Potter. F**k him.
      yep,3 places below worst man u manager ever
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,024 posts | 5058 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #860: Apr 01, 2024 12:41:41 pm
      Not sure he should be singing the praises at this point. I mean I doubt he was in any way endorsing yer man De Z. But still while the issue is in the melting pot may be better to say nowt. But he might've said that even if he was staying so the Boss is the Boss.

Not officially but I believe Jürgen would have sung the praises over Xabi, maybe he sung about our own Pep the same, who knows, Xabi staying loyal to Leverkusen is to be commended, imagine had Klopp’s head been turned after only a year in, we’d all be mightily pissed off,
      I guess from Xabi’s perspective he himself is at the beginning of his own project and will want to see it thru, that’s as clear as mud now, so it mattered not a jot who head hunted him,

as for our Pep, well to pardon the pun, the goalposts have shifted, haven’t they, maybe he did have aspirations of taking the helm from Jürgen but learnt that FSG sought Xabi on Jürgen’s recommendations, so decided himself to be his own boss elsewhere??

This all happened before we knew that Micheal Edwards returned, whether that makes a difference now remains to be seen, who knows what goes on behind the scenes, but I’d like to think that irrespective of Jürgen’s recommendations, Pep Ljinders would be considered, even more so now we know Xabi’s staying put,

I’d much rather have a Pep Ljinders than a new fella, without stating the obvious, a new fella would have to earn the player’s trust, and the players will take some time tuning in to the new fella’s system, unless it was the same/similar,

So, who out there, plays a similar style to what we have now, but it’s more than that isn’t it, he whoever he is will have to earn the fans trust too, and that’s not gonna be easy, hitting the ground running will never be more prominent that’s for sure??

YNWA
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,346 posts | 1133 
      Reply #861: Apr 01, 2024 03:27:08 pm
      I have a buddy whose a AC Milan fan and watched a lot of Itilian footy. He said we should go for Simone Inzhagi. He hates Inter, but says he respects what he's done the past few years and that tatically he's really strong. Looks like he runs a 3-5-2 in possession and a 5-3-2 when they defend.

I dunno bout my boy sometimes, Italian soccer is the worst and he eats it up ;D. Just throwing it out there
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,319 posts | 1242 
      Reply #862: Apr 01, 2024 03:40:30 pm
      I have a buddy whose a AC Milan fan and watched a lot of Itilian footy. He said we should go for Simone Inzhagi. He hates Inter, but says he respects what he's done the past few years and that tatically he's really strong. Looks like he runs a 3-5-2 in possession and a 5-3-2 when they defend.

I dunno bout my boy sometimes, Italian soccer is the worst and he eats it up ;D. Just throwing it out there

He's not an outrageous shout. I suppose if you were going to pick anyone managing in Italy it would be him
      (and he has shown good tactical nous in Europe), but the football there is chalk and cheese compared with the PL. I also think we will go for someone younger, whose style is more easily adapted to what we have. I personally can't see past Amorim, De Zerbi or Nagelsman, and by far I would prefer Amorim.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #863: Apr 01, 2024 04:29:56 pm

Doubt it will be Inzaghi, he's supposed to be signing a new contract with Inter, seen something last night distancing him from our job.
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 831 posts | 137 
      Reply #864: Apr 01, 2024 05:20:20 pm

as for our Pep, well to pardon the pun, the goalposts have shifted, haven’t they, maybe he did have aspirations of taking the helm from Jürgen but learnt that FSG sought Xabi on Jürgen’s recommendations, so decided himself to be his own boss elsewhere??

This all happened before we knew that Micheal Edwards returned, whether that makes a difference now remains to be seen, who knows what goes on behind the scenes, but I’d like to think that irrespective of Jürgen’s recommendations, Pep Ljinders would be considered, even more so now we know Xabi’s staying put,

I’d much rather have a Pep Ljinders than a new fella, without stating the obvious, a new fella would have to earn the player’s trust, and the players will take some time tuning in to the new fella’s system, unless it was the same/similar,

So, who out there, plays a similar style to what we have now, but it’s more than that isn’t it, he whoever he is will have to earn the fans trust too, and that’s not gonna be easy, hitting the ground running will never be more prominent that’s for sure??

YNWA

Spot on BTR - I would love to know if they've even tried to keep Pep and Co - (especially since Xabi has said no) - Pep may be lacking in managerial experience but he sure as hell has been brilliant as JNK's second in command!
      Why would we need to go anywhere else when we have someone who absolutely gets it with the Club, the fans, the players and understands the PL and LFC!
      Really hope Edwards works his magic here.....
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #865: Apr 01, 2024 06:08:29 pm
      Pep Lijnders would be my preferred choice even above Rafa. What about Graham Potter? Louis van Gaal is another one I‘d consider. Of course also Stevie…he deserves a serious chance. But I hope Edwards also looks among unknown coaches … maybe we can get a young Klopp or Guardiola?
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #866: Apr 01, 2024 06:15:24 pm
      Pep Lijnders would be my preferred choice even above Rafa. What about Graham Potter? Louis van Gaal is another one I‘d consider. Of course also Stevie…he deserves a serious chance. But I hope Edwards also looks among unknown coaches … maybe we can get a young Klopp or Guardiola?

Really glad you are not part of the recruiting team.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #867: Apr 01, 2024 06:20:11 pm

Thank Fck April 1st is nearly over
      DanMann

• 5,806 posts | 893 
      Reply #868: Apr 01, 2024 06:42:37 pm
      The solution is surely Pep Ljinders with Klopp on video call during the week and headset during matches.

I jest.. but if Pep took over surely Klopp wouldn't just abandon him. I reckon he'd be happy to offer advice, support, etc going forward.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,090 posts | 634 
      Reply #869: Apr 01, 2024 07:16:03 pm
      Question for those that know a little bit about Amorim. Would his favored 3-4-3 work with our squad?
      We've relied a lot on our fullbacks in recent years, but I'm not sure how they'd fit into his system...
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 831 posts | 137 
      Reply #870: Apr 01, 2024 07:21:31 pm

Are you real?
      Graham Potter?????
      Louis Van Gaal????
      Stevie?????

As Andy says thank god 1st April is nearly over.... you are an idiot of the highest order and I cannot believe I have been stupid enough to lower myself to reply to one of your d!"ckhead comments
      RedWilly

• 9,234 posts | 1655 
      Reply #871: Apr 01, 2024 10:05:37 pm

Pure WUM
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,249 posts | 851 
      Reply #872: Apr 01, 2024 10:13:29 pm
      Question for those that know a little bit about Amorim. Would his favored 3-4-3 work with our squad?
      We've relied a lot on our fullbacks in recent years, but I'm not sure how they'd fit into his system...

doesn't need to stick to his 3-4-3

like how Klopp adapted, he will adapt.

it's what great coaches do.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #873: Apr 01, 2024 10:36:30 pm
      I don't want a new manager, I want to keep this one
      I said...I don't want a new manager and I want this one to stay