Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Managerial Shortlist

Read 55211 times
      shawspeed, FL Red, Benito and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3438 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #1012: Apr 15, 2024 11:48:38 am

His work at Villa is great.

He’s never had a proper shot, besides Arsenal the only other ‘top’ team are PSG, where the team and tactics were literally chosen by the players.

We could do a lot worse than Emery right now given the lack of options imo.

Edit: if we go with an up and coming manager the risk is far greater that it’s a disaster and we drop off. I think a ‘cup manager’ that would keep us in CL for a few seasons might be safe, but it will avoid a manc style implosion if we get someone in with loads of ideas that don’t pay off

He has done a very good job for Villa no doubt at all

But think we would need to see how he would do in the CL for Villa

He certainly seems a manager that does well at teams under the radar - excellent winning the Europa a number times for Sevilla and then Villereal

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1013: Apr 15, 2024 11:52:55 am
      I'm sure it's clear from my posts on here I'm a fan of Emery but as a few have said I don't think he'd want to leave Villa at this point anyway so the talk is likely moot.

The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #1014: Apr 15, 2024 12:15:51 pm
      I don't think Emery would leave Villa at the moment tbh.

Whole different ball game when teams like Liverpool come calling. If we turned around tomorrow and rang his agent and told him your guy is our number 1 guy to lead this club from next season, I'm sure Edwards would get a call back within the hour with a simple 'yes' answer.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,882 posts | 421 
      Reply #1015: Apr 15, 2024 12:35:04 pm
      He has done a very good job for Villa no doubt at all

But think we would need to see how he would do in the CL for Villa

He certainly seems a manager that does well at teams under the radar - excellent winning the Europa a number times for Sevilla and then Villereal

Stevie G laid the ground work for him I bet  :f_tongueincheek:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3438 
      Reply #1016: Apr 15, 2024 12:51:32 pm
      Stevie G laid the ground work for him I bet  :f_tongueincheek:

😂
      redno7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts | 10 
      Reply #1017: Apr 15, 2024 03:30:39 pm
      Niko Kovac rumors are picking up speed today
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #1018: Apr 15, 2024 03:38:10 pm

Nah you're alright.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1019: Apr 15, 2024 04:58:35 pm

No they aren't....one sh*t source mentioned it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3438 
      Reply #1020: Apr 15, 2024 05:01:46 pm

As with players transfers there will always be a lot of white noise to get clicks - it doesn’t take much for things to pick up speed and end up being nonsense

It’s easy to know which ones to take notice of
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1021: Apr 15, 2024 06:59:38 pm
      Worrying how long this is starting to take, would be good to to have it sorted and avoid all the speculation
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1022: Apr 15, 2024 08:22:59 pm
      Worrying how long this is starting to take, would be good to to have it sorted and avoid all the speculation

Gladly see them take the time and get the right man then make a rash choice that goes tits up....would hope its done by June though so the new staff bed in and get their ideas across pre season
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 1099 
      Reply #1023: Apr 15, 2024 08:50:57 pm
      Does everyone agree it being one of the listed parties, or doesn't something come from left field and blow us away?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #1024: Apr 15, 2024 08:53:07 pm
      I wouldn't worry too much about it. FSG are good when it comes to that type of stuff. It's a bummer Alonso is not available but I think we'll get the right fit from the pool of available managers.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      Reply #1025: Apr 15, 2024 08:54:23 pm
      Does everyone agree it being one of the listed parties, or doesn't something come from left field and blow us away?

I actually suspect itll be an out of nowhere didnt see that coming appointment....so easy for the press to say Alonso, Amorim etc,
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1026: Apr 15, 2024 09:47:36 pm

After what he did at Bayern stinking the gaff out until his assistant turned things around, nope!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3438 
      Reply #1027: Apr 15, 2024 10:17:57 pm

The season is still going on , the potential replacements will still be trying to manage their team to win titles etc - they aren’t going to destabilise any other team by telling everyone their manager is leaving
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,220 posts | 1221 
      Reply #1028: Apr 15, 2024 10:31:02 pm

Depends what you mean by listed parties. I think someone like Thiago Motta is about as left field as we would be prepared to go. Realistically can't see it being anyone outside Amorim, Nagelsman or arrivederci. I'm sure we will choose a young manager given our boss is packing it in because he's running out of energy.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3438 
      Reply #1029: Apr 15, 2024 10:40:58 pm
      Looks like Nagelsmann is going back to Bayern
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,064 posts | 2110 
      Reply #1030: Apr 15, 2024 11:19:21 pm
      I actually suspect itll be an out of nowhere didnt see that coming appointment....so easy for the press to say Alonso, Amorim etc,

We get Bodo Glimt's manager. Please welcome Mr Kjetil Knutsen!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #1031: Apr 15, 2024 11:24:40 pm
      The season is still going on , the potential replacements will still be trying to manage their team to win titles etc - they aren’t going to destabilise any other team by telling everyone their manager is leaving
      Just to clarify....Do you mean these potential managers are not going destabilise their own club/team by announcing they intend to leave?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5005 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1032: Apr 16, 2024 08:18:41 am

What’s the rush ?
      To me they should take all the time it takes, obviously once this season is over we’d want the new guy in soon as, but they won’t announce anything before then, end of May or sometime in June would be my guess , I think the decision will have been taken already, and I’d be surprised if it wasn’t Amorim but we’ll see soon enough!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5005 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1033: Apr 16, 2024 08:20:35 am

What’s the rush ?
      To me they should take all the time it takes, obviously once this season is over we’d want the new guy in soon as, but they won’t announce anything before then, end of May or sometime in June would be my guess , I think the decision will have been taken already, and I’d be surprised if it wasn’t Amorim but we’ll see soon enough!!

Who you thinking of Brian??
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      Reply #1034: Apr 16, 2024 09:16:37 am

Honestly ive no stand out in my head, I just think the media have picked 3 names in particular ( Xabi, Amorim and De Zerbi ) Xabi looks like hes staying put and the other 2, have they done anything near enough to suggest they can do it??

If you were to hold a gun to my head id say Tuchel might be the out of nowhere hiring.

By the  way one man we all said about a year ago, but who has not been mentioned is Gerrard. A poor stint in a joke league seems to have taken him from peoples thoughts, but if it was him I dont think Id be too surprised, or annoyed, I would have good faith in him to do a job at his club surrounded by the right people

Quick Reply