Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Managerial Shortlist

Read 57212 times
      Aggerdoo and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,064 posts | 2110 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #1196: Apr 22, 2024 08:45:40 pm
      Amorim off the menu then?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Reply #1197: Apr 22, 2024 09:09:18 pm
      Slot's a bit too, er, bald.

I realise that's not the best criterion for deciding such things but his appearance is all I've got to go on. And can anybody name a successful football manager who was bald? Case closed I think.

[Dammit, Zidane!]
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1198: Apr 22, 2024 09:09:59 pm

I realise that's not the best criterion for deciding such things but his appearance is all I've got to go on. And can anybody name a successful football manager who was bald? Case closed I think.

Pep Guardiola springs to mind
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Reply #1199: Apr 22, 2024 09:13:39 pm

[Dammit, Zidane!]

Guardiola 🤷‍♂️
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Reply #1200: Apr 22, 2024 09:15:04 pm

;D I'd forgot about that c**t.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,252 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1201: Apr 22, 2024 09:30:03 pm
      Rumours over Mourinho…. Please not
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,398 posts | 2825 
      Reply #1202: Apr 22, 2024 09:33:48 pm
      Rumours over Mourinho…. Please not

Jose will never manage us. Had his chance in 2004 but took the easy way.

Would be a memorable stint though if he did get it!
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Reply #1203: Apr 22, 2024 09:42:57 pm
      Jose will never manage us. Had his chance in 2004 but took the easy way.

Would be a memorable stint though if he did get it!

Absolutely must not happen. Edwards is not that stupid.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #1204: Apr 22, 2024 09:54:09 pm
      Didn't watch any of Amorims sporting as was never convinced really especially formation he plays . This is going to be another.out of the blue appts
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #1205: Apr 22, 2024 10:09:52 pm
      Arne Slot whoever that may be heavily backed and De Zerbi back in Hughes a big fan
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #1206: Apr 22, 2024 10:13:47 pm
      I have a feeling that next manager after Klopp won’t be the longterm deal….

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,064 posts | 2110 
      Reply #1207: Apr 22, 2024 10:16:28 pm
      If it's Eddie Howe aka Joe 90 starring as the lead in Roy Hodgson: The Next Generation then I will flip my lid.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 760 posts | 128 
      Reply #1208: Apr 22, 2024 10:22:49 pm
      This thread has gotten fun  ;D :lmao:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,224 posts | 1222 
      Reply #1209: Apr 22, 2024 10:52:59 pm
      West Ham surely taking the piss with a gambit like that? Why on earth would a sought after manager like Amorim even consider taking over from where Gollum left off? Strange one that would if true give me cause for concern. If he doesn't back himself to make the step up to a club of our stature then he isn't the right pick.

Slot is definitely one worth considering. Success in the league at Feyenoord, made the final of the Europa thing, manager of the year in Holland twice, did a good job at AZ, great win rate, plays a good style of football and last but not least... his baldy head belies his true age which at 45 meas he will be keen to start a new project and have the motivation to succeed. Ticks enough boxes in my book to merit an interview.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #1210: Apr 22, 2024 11:12:16 pm
      Look, I love Jose as much as any on this site. If I could pick anyone to succeed big with us it would be him. I love his sthick and persona. Read a lot good about him from people who know him. His players loved him (maybe not Utd).

But it ain't happening. Unless Michael Edwards fell and smashed his head on a rock he won't get the job. Nothing about the analysis says Jose would be a good fit. It will be a smart move that we haven't seen coming or someone up and coming like Slot.

How fun would a Jose Mourhino CL victory or a prem title be with us, though? After he's been written off, to come back and win with us, man the chosen ones banter would be obnoxious to all around (for sure would pot shot United daily)
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,224 posts | 1222 
      Reply #1211: Apr 22, 2024 11:19:51 pm
      Look, I love Jose as much as any on this site. If I could pick anyone to succeed big with us it would be him. I love his sthick and persona. Read a lot good about him from people who know him. His players loved him (maybe not Utd).

But it ain't happening. Unless Michael Edwards fell and smashed his head on a rock he won't get the job. Nothing about the analysis says Jose would be a good fit. It will be a smart move that we haven't seen coming or someone up and coming like Slot.

How fun would a Jose Mourhino CL victory or a prem title be with us, though? After he's been written off, to come back and win with us, man the chosen ones banter would be obnoxious to all around (for sure would pot shot United daily)

Eh??!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,339 posts | 779 
      Reply #1212: Apr 22, 2024 11:21:20 pm
      Feels to me there's no single candidate we are set on...there seems an element of scraping the barrel.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #1213: Apr 23, 2024 12:18:52 am
      Mourinho would clash with half of our players and they will leave. I don't think it's healthy to have someone who throws players under the bus managing this club.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #1214: Apr 23, 2024 12:20:47 am
      Completely get it. Jose is my guilty pleasure  :lmao:. Again, it ain't happening and I don't want it to.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,336 posts | 282 
      Reply #1215: Apr 23, 2024 06:40:11 am
      Seen Thomas Frank mentioned...would be a gamble but I suppose anyone mentioned would be Amorim, Slot, Kovac you name it all unproven at PL level.
      The obvious advantages of Frank or De Zerbi are they know the PL but we are a huge step up from Brentford and Brighton .
      I'm glad I'm not Michael Edwards although the wage would be good  8)

Beat City on Thursday De Zerbi and the job is yours my son...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1216: Apr 23, 2024 06:42:45 am

Mate you have just emphasised your misunderstanding of why we shouldn’t be going after Maureen, there are certain managers that just do not fit our club and he’s one of them,
      The idea that you think it would be fun tells me all I need to know about your misunderstanding of what we as a club are all about,
      We want a manager who gets us, who understands how we work, understands our culture, understands the people of the City/fans, Maureen certainly doesn’t, he has been a successful manager at other clubs, aside from MUtants & Spuds, I wonder why, he didn’t get them either irrespective of their respective positions at the times he was with them,

He’s not for us, Simeone the same good manager but not for us, there’s plenty who are not for us,
      No one knows who it will be, no journalist, no pundit, no media no one knows, except those involved in negotiations, everything else is just click bait bullshit , so when managers names get thrown around some ppl will like that name, it will stick but if you throw enough sh*t around some of it will stick too !!

F**k Mourinho!!

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,565 posts | 1796 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1217: Apr 23, 2024 07:43:47 am
      The list is suspects ain't great.

Is why fekin Maureen is now being mentioned. FFS.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #1218: Apr 23, 2024 08:11:08 am
      Why is Amorim even considering West Ham? This does not look healthy. And if Mourinho or Tuchel are serious candidates, guys that notoriously leave chaos behind them, then offer it rather to Stevie, at least he‘d care.

I still prefer Rafa, period.

Quick Reply