Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 6th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W8 D1 L6

Managerial Shortlist

Read 58308 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,111 posts | 3451 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #1472: Apr 25, 2024 09:28:42 pm
      Yep spot on

Great to see someone being straight up and having the balls to want the job
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,316 posts | 8599 
      Reply #1473: Apr 25, 2024 09:35:55 pm
      By the way he did the same thing to get the Feyenoord job.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,227 posts | 1222 
      Reply #1474: Apr 25, 2024 10:07:40 pm
      Good that he's keen. Had a look over on a Feyenoord forum and they seem to think it's just a question of agreeing compensation now, £10-£15m or maybe that's meant to be euros. There was general praise for what he's done there and consensus is he's a great man manager who brings people together in a well run organisation. Also comment that the level dropped off a bit this season, particularly their pressing, but they have sold some key players. Apparently he's been ill/possibly overworked and sounds as 'hoarse as a chicken' but a salty harinkie will sort this out.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,076 posts | 2110 
      Reply #1475: Apr 25, 2024 10:18:01 pm
      Good that he's keen. Had a look over on a Feyenoord forum and they seem to think it's just a question of agreeing compensation now, £10-£15m or maybe that's meant to be euros. There was general praise for what he's done there and consensus is he's a great man manager who brings people together in a well run organisation. Also comment that the level dropped off a bit this season, particularly their pressing, but they have sold some key players. Apparently he's been ill/possibly overworked and sounds as 'hoarse as a chicken' but a salty harinkie will sort this out.

Not going to lie - had to Google what a 'salty harinkie' was. Thought it would come up as slang for a w*nk or something.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,303 posts | 2846 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1476: Apr 25, 2024 10:19:30 pm
      Not going to lie - had to Google what a 'salty harinkie' was. Thought it would come up as slang for a w*nk or something.

😅
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1477: Apr 25, 2024 10:29:03 pm
      We are praising him for wanting the job?? He’s currently at Feyenoord of course he wants the job!
      DanMann

• 5,774 posts | 888 
      Reply #1478: Apr 25, 2024 10:37:05 pm
      We are praising him for wanting the job?? He’s currently at Feyenoord of course he wants the job!

Alonso at Leverkusen didn't want the job
      DanMann

• 5,774 posts | 888 
      Reply #1479: Apr 25, 2024 10:38:04 pm

So he's a Klopp replica on a much smaller scale and runs out of energy after one season?  :f_tongueincheek:
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1480: Apr 25, 2024 10:50:44 pm
      Alonso at Leverkusen didn't want the job

I don’t believe he was even offered the job.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1481: Apr 25, 2024 11:06:01 pm
      Does anyone else think it a little strange that Slot is saying he wants the Liverpool job, while he's still manager of Feyenoord and at the business end of the league season? Can you imagine Klopp saying "I really would like to manage Real Madrid and I've made that clear to the LFC board", with half a dozen games left in the league?

Baffling.

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2024 11:34:46 pm by Rush »
      rossyred

• 9,302 posts | 1667 
      Reply #1482: Apr 25, 2024 11:31:23 pm
      Does anyone else think it a little strange that Slot is saying he wants the Liverpool job, while he's still manager of Feyenoord and at the business end of the league? Can you imagine Klopp saying "I really would like to manage Real Madrid and I've made that clear to the LFC board", with half a dozen games left in the league?

Baffling.

Just came.on to.post same thing. Just not what usually happens is it being that open maybe it's all agreed and has clubs blessings so all.it out in open
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,130 posts | 83 
      Reply #1483: Apr 25, 2024 11:49:40 pm
      Do you really want a guy that is one letter away from „slut“? What‘s next? Kuntz as assistant coach?

And Rafa is available! And Stevie G is available! I rather lose with them than win with a dutch mercenary.

You know what is also just one letter away? You ever walk alone! Please Michael, let your heart decide, not your dick or your reason!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,713 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1484: Apr 26, 2024 05:16:10 am
      Do you really want a guy that is one letter away from „slut“? What‘s next? Kuntz as assistant coach?

And Rafa is available! And Stevie G is available! I rather lose with them than win with a dutch mercenary.

You know what is also just one letter away? You ever walk alone! Please Michael, let your heart decide, not your dick or your reason!

If and a big if we win something, I want to see you being miserable. As if I would care if it's Gerrard or 'Slut' in the dugout. Noone is bigger than the club.

I would give him a season chance to show us what he is all about.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #1485: Apr 26, 2024 06:58:40 am
      Does anyone else think it a little strange that Slot is saying he wants the Liverpool job, while he's still manager of Feyenoord and at the business end of the league season? Can you imagine Klopp saying "I really would like to manage Real Madrid and I've made that clear to the LFC board", with half a dozen games left in the league?

Baffling.

Not strange at all. What’s wrong with saying that you want to move to a bigger job when the club you want to move to is looking for a new manager at this time? I like the directness and the fact he wants to come in and do the job.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,407 posts | 2827 
      Reply #1486: Apr 26, 2024 07:45:51 am

Baffling.

What business end of the season?

They are guaranteed to finish second, have won the cup and are out of Europe.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,303 posts | 2846 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1487: Apr 26, 2024 07:46:41 am

Ive stared at this mouth open for about 60 seconds and still dont know if your serious or on a wind up
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,111 posts | 3451 
      Reply #1488: Apr 26, 2024 08:22:34 am

Baffling.

The season for Feyenoord is pretty much sorted

Have sorted out 2nd place and won the cup

If the title or season was in the balance then I suspect everyone would have waited
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,894 posts | 421 
      Reply #1489: Apr 26, 2024 08:49:49 am

If the title or season was in the balance then I suspect everyone would have waited

Including us I'd say too. Now that we can basically admit defeat in our league campaign our new manager for next season could get announced as early as weekend whereas if we were in the mixer it would probably wait until the season ended.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,713 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1490: Apr 26, 2024 08:58:37 am

Amorim is still fighting for the league and he went to do a interview in London.

Slot is right to show his desires, even VVD spoke about it. Their season, like ours, is finished.

Welcome on board, Slot. Give your 105% and you will be fine. Noone will replace Klopp but he can still be successful if he sorts good transfers and give us, the fans the respect that we deserve.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1491: Apr 26, 2024 09:28:29 am
      Not strange at all. What’s wrong with saying that you want to move to a bigger job when the club you want to move to is looking for a new manager at this time? I like the directness and the fact he wants to come in and do the job.
      It's disrespectful to the fans. I'm not sure I've ever heard a manager say similar. Players, yes, but not managers while they are managing another football club.

On the one hand it looks like he might be a straight talker, on the other, I find it a bit, odd. Still, if their season is almost finished and they have nothing left to play for, I suppose I can understand it to an extent.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,111 posts | 3451 
      Reply #1492: Apr 26, 2024 09:56:29 am
      It's disrespectful to the fans. I'm not sure I've ever heard a manager say similar. Players, yes, but not managers while they are managing another football club.

On the one hand it looks like he might be a straight talker, on the other, I find it a bit, odd. Still, if their season is almost finished and they have nothing left to play for, I suppose I can understand it to an extent.

He is Dutch , they are pretty much straight to the point , they dont waffle etc and very much open

For some it comes across as rude

He will have fun with the media

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #1493: Apr 26, 2024 10:14:52 am
      Ive stared at this mouth open for about 60 seconds and still dont know if your serious or on a wind up

Nobhead covers it Brian 😉
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #1494: Apr 26, 2024 10:21:47 am
      From the Guardian
      So superior were Feyenoord in every area – tactics, intensity, power, unity, intelligence – that it could have been worse for Ajax. Only in their finishing might Feyenoord have done better.

Uh-oh!

Quick Reply